Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Chester™

I've started on Bloodline on Netflix. I have to say it isn't giving me that " I can't wait until the next episode" feeling.

Stick with it. Its excellent.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stick with it. Its excellent.

I think my problem is that so far (episode 3) I want to punch nearly every character in the face. 

Chester™

I think my problem is that so far (episode 3) I want to punch nearly every character in the face.

You're meant to.

You're meant to.

I get that. Just finding it frustrating so far that it's pitched as you knowing the ending and the series being the route to it. Though I'm sure it will get more clever as it goes on in terms of the twists and turns. 

I dont think i praised Preacher enough.It has the potential to be a brilliant series.Mad over the top action and a lot of black humour.Pilot rated 9/10 on imdb.

i read the info about it and was not sure, i will now give it a go when i get a chance

Chester™

I found Bloodline to be a slow burner but by the end of the series thought it was amazing

Exactly the same for me. Really glad I stuck with it and I'm looking forward to Season 2 coming out on Friday. Ben Mendelsohn is just superb.

The Internet

Watched the first couple of episodes of Billions last night, was hooked right away. Can see myself binging on it this weekend. 

JudyJudyJudy

I've started on Bloodline on Netflix. I have to say it isn't giving me that " I can't wait until the next episode" feeling. 

I watched one episode and wasnt feeling it...So havent watched any more. 

John Findlay

Watched the first couple of episodes of Billions last night, was hooked right away. Can see myself binging on it this weekend.

I'm hooked too.

I watched one episode and wasnt feeling it...So havent watched any more.

I stuck with it. It takes a few but you get there.

jack D and coke

Season 2 of Better Call Saul still very slow. Slightly better than the first one but still not really sure why I'm watching it.

just started banshee (on episode 3 of first series) and am quite enjoying it

have nailed through 2 series so far and it is very good, would recommend it

Say What Again

Season 2 of Better Call Saul still very slow. Slightly better than the first one but still not really sure why I'm watching it.

I just finished it last night and I kinda get what you're saying. I've now watched both seasons and it just doesn't do anything for me. I'm not sure why as it's not crap, but it never leaves me desperate to see the next episode or wonder where a storyline is going. Maybe that's part of the problem? Having watched Breaking Bad you know how it's going to turn out for the majority of the characters, and the others, you're just not that fussy how it does for them.

It was good to see old faces from BB, but that's worn off a little too.

In saying all of that, I'll still watch s3 (assuming there is one).

I see Roots has been remade, and is being shown over four nights on The History Channel US. Will give first episode a watch tonight.

Rudolf's Mate

I think you're doing The Good Wife a great disservice there. Far better, more intelligent and more depth than LA Law. Its one of the most underrated dramas out there.

Mrs got me into the The Good Wife. It's a brilliant show tbf. Another similar one is Suits, which is also brilliant. 

JudyJudyJudy

I stuck with it. It takes a few but you get there.

I might give it a go again

JudyJudyJudy

I see Roots has been remade, and is being shown over four nights on The History Channel US. Will give first episode a watch tonight.

Im giving this a go tonight. I recall the first time it was on in the 1970s. It really was historic TV. Excellent. 

The Internet

Finished the first season of Billions which was great. The pretend argument scene was a particular highlight :lol:

Can't be hooped reading the whole thread but has Marco Polo been mentioned? I'm about halfway through series 1 and enjoying it.

Can't be hooped reading the whole thread but has Marco Polo been mentioned? I'm about halfway through series 1 and enjoying it.

The nudity lessens as the series goes on.

I thought it was pretty good when I watched it but now remember very little about it.

Templeton Peck

Watched the first episode of UKs Best Part Time Band on BBC4. It was brilliant. Highlight of the weeks TV and already looking forward to next week.

Seymour M Hersh

Finished the first season of Billions which was great. The pretend argument scene was a particular highlight :lol:

I dont think i praised Preacher enough.It has the potential to be a brilliant series.Mad over the top action and a lot of black humour.Pilot rated 9/10 on imdb.

just watched the pilot, i think i need to watch the second episode to really see what it is like. i felt it started ok but finished quite good

JudyJudyJudy

I saw the talented Bernadette Peters in concert last night at the Playhouse.  

She spoke about a current tv show she is in called " Mozart in the Jungle". It looks not bad actually, so i think ill give that a go. 

So been watching The 100 with the missus. If you can get past the first 4 episodes (feels a bit like a dystopian high school musical with all the shiney Americans) it actually begins to get quite good.

She's into it more than me but I'm in to season 2 and it's not a bad watch

Orange Is The New Black returns for a new series on Netflix on the 17th of June.

Perfect for those of us that enjoy lesbian prison dramas.

Definitely this. Loved the first two episodes. Joe gilgun as Cassidy is excellent as he was in this is England. Just a really good to programme

jack D and coke

I like it mate. Got the potential to be brilliant.

Hell on Wheels back on in the State's.Last episodes of a bri?liant series.

Watched the latest episode yesterday.Great stuff.

Disser Pointon

Following several recommendations I watched the first episode of Peaky Blinders last night, right up my street, looking forward to the rest.

Finished Line Of Duty season three last week - very good apart from a ridiculous last fifteen minutes. Now onto the second season of Better Call Saul.

Following several recommendations I watched the first episode of Peaky Blinders last night, right up my street, looking forward to the rest.

First two seasons are great.Not really enjoying the third at all.

Series finale of gomorra was just [emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79]

Say What Again

Series finale of gomorra was just [emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79]

Only 2 episodes into s2 and loving it.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Preacher.Brilliant so far.

Watched the first episode of Outcast.Another that has possibilities of being brilliant.

Malinga the Swinga

Gave Outcast a try and was surprisingly impressed. Didn't think it would be up to much, but it was very well done and sets a high bar for rest of season. The Wee lad who played possessed boy in episode one was fantastic.

hampdenhero

Looking for a new tv series to get stuck into. Preferably finished or into at least 4-5 series in. Ive completed. Breaking bad,the wire,dexter,sopranos. Up to date with blacklist, vikings, americans. Tried 12 monkeys and mad men but couldn't get into them. Help!

Looking for a new tv series to get stuck into. Preferably finished or into at least 4-5 series in. Ive completed. Breaking bad,the wire,dexter,sopranos. Up to date with blacklist, vikings, americans. Tried 12 monkeys and mad men but couldn't get into them. Help!

banshee, 4 series lots of sex and violence

Riddley Walker

House of Cards?

I'd also stick with Mad Men, I think it's a show that gets better the more you watch.

Edited by Riddley Walker

Say What Again

Lot of similar stuff I like there mate. Try Black Sails (give it a couple of episodes) or Oz (prepare for male prison rape).

Daredevil's good too.

If you liked Breaking Bad you'll probably like Better Call Saul and Fargo. Fargo in particular is an excellent two seasons watching.

JudyJudyJudy

Watching the 4th series of " Orange is the new black".   Its lost its way a bit i feel.  First couple seasons were really good but 3rd and this one are pretty bland really.

Heard good things about " Billions" so may also try that 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series