Jump to content

Recommend a tv seriesp


Walter Bishop
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ray Gin

Watched the first 2 episodes of Better Call Saul S6. Excellent.

 

Gutted to discover that I now need to wait a week between episodes and the whole series isn't there to binge on.

:sadrobbo:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Carl Fredrickson

    322

  • Tazio

    321

  • Ray Gin

    279

  • JamesM48

    443

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dawnrazor
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Watched the first 2 episodes of Better Call Saul S6. Excellent.

 

Gutted to discover that I now need to wait a week between episodes and the whole series isn't there to binge on.

:sadrobbo:

 

Just did the same, really good episodes but I loved binging on the previous series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maggieb
10 hours ago, jonesy said:

Anyone recommend a 20-30 mins per episode comedy show on Netflix? 

 

Just finished Seinfeld and already been through all of It's Always Sunny. Need something to go with my post-prandial coffee in the afternoon.

Years old but 12 series of trailer park boys is my go to for 20min fun ,try watching from day 1 ,they’ll grow on you 🤞🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tommy Brown
17 hours ago, jonesy said:

Anyone recommend a 20-30 mins per episode comedy show on Netflix? 

 

Just finished Seinfeld and already been through all of It's Always Sunny. Need something to go with my post-prandial coffee in the afternoon.

The amount of people I ask if they have ever watched Peep Show and have not.

 

One of UKs best ever comedies.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carl Fredrickson

Our Great National Parks on Netflix. Really enjoying this - Barrack Obama doing the narration and he is voice is quite engaging. 

 

Some cracking images and learnt a thing or two - didnt realise how nutritious hippo poo is......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1971fozzy

The Shrink next door (Apple tv) is superb.

Paul Rudd and Will Ferrell on top form.  Rudd plays the shrink who is a nasty piece of work which is not what he usually plays but is great in this

8/10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48
3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

The Shrink next door (Apple tv) is superb.

Paul Rudd and Will Ferrell on top form.  Rudd plays the shrink who is a nasty piece of work which is not what he usually plays but is great in this

8/10

This looks good. I like any programmes where psychiatry / therapy is a feature of it. Great cast too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jambo_jim2001
On 24/04/2022 at 21:33, Cade said:

I can recommend not bothering with Season 2 of Picard.

 

It's shite.

 

Time travel yawn...but worth watching just for 7of9💥😜

download.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Disser Pointon

The King. New series from makers of Gomorrah. 1st episode very promising indeed, has the exact same feel as Gomorrah which is one of my all time favourite shows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ri Alban
On 24/04/2022 at 21:33, Cade said:

I can recommend not bothering with Season 2 of Picard.

 

It's shite.

 

:wtfvlad:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ron Burgundy
On 26/04/2022 at 13:17, Disser Pointon said:

The King. New series from makers of Gomorrah. 1st episode very promising indeed, has the exact same feel as Gomorrah which is one of my all time favourite shows.

What platform are you watching this on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

milky_26
3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

What platform are you watching this on?

I've seen adverts that it is going to be on sky Atlantic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Disser Pointon
24 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

What platform are you watching this on?

 

20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I've seen adverts that it is going to be on sky Atlantic

Yes, Sky mate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ron Burgundy
21 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I've seen adverts that it is going to be on sky Atlantic

Ta.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

luckyBatistuta

Just finished the last ever episode of Gomorra. Devastated I’m never going to see another episode of this. One of the best series I’ve ever watched, simply brilliant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NANOJAMBO
On 19/04/2022 at 12:15, jonesy said:

Anyone recommend a 20-30 mins per episode comedy show on Netflix? 

 

Just finished Seinfeld and already been through all of It's Always Sunny. Need something to go with my post-prandial coffee in the afternoon.

The US  version of The Office.

The first two series slavishly copy the UK  but after that , there is some of the best comedy script writing you'll ever see.  It just gets better and is miles better than the UK  version. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smithee
7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The US  version of The Office.

The first two series slavishly copy the UK  but after that , there is some of the best comedy script writing you'll ever see.  It just gets better and is miles better than the UK  version. 

Seasons 3-5 are elite tier sitcom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The US  version of The Office.

The first two series slavishly copy the UK  but after that , there is some of the best comedy script writing you'll ever see.  It just gets better and is miles better than the UK  version. 

Good shout, but seen much of it.

 

In 2009 I turned up in a new city in China for work and turned up at the work-provided apartment. The previous tenants had done a runner (happens when gap year types find out they actually have to work for their money when teaching) leaving the place a dump. They did, however, leave a great collection of pirated dvds, including the US office. Ended up binge watching US Office and Two and a Half Men in my first fortnight there. The theme song still pops into my head now and again and I can't disassociate it from that flat!

 

How many years did the show run for past 2008/09?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48

I was online and I started to read a review about a show I hadnt heard of . Thought id look it up. 

 

Its called " Landscapers".  Its about a mild mannered couple who were convicted of the murders of one of their parents ( females parents). Its a true story.  I've only watched the first episode but its seriously good. Its very black comedy. Really dead pan humour and very British.  I was laughing most of the time through it. Its also rather moving as the couple as clearly oddballs and have a certain charm about them.

 

What really makes it great is the two leads who really are outstanding.  Olivia Colman and David Thewliss.  Both the best in the game. There are also a great supporting cast. Especially those playing the bemused police. I tried watching the other 3 episodes last night but my stream kept stuttering so gave up.  Bloody annoying. But looking forward to the other episodes. I can only see it getting better and better. It has a similar quirky tone to "Fargo"  

Edited by JamesM48
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Disser Pointon
11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just finished the last ever episode of Gomorra. Devastated I’m never going to see another episode of this. One of the best series I’ve ever watched, simply brilliant.

See above, new series The King just started on Sky from the same team, has the same gritty atmos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Disser Pointon said:

See above, new series The King just started on Sky from the same team, has the same gritty atmos.

Saw that advertised non stop during the NFL Draft. Noticed one of the same guys who starred In Gomorra is in this too, looks really good.👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carl Fredrickson
7 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I was online and I started to read a review about a show I hadnt heard of . Thought id look it up. 

 

Its called " Landscapers".  Its about a mild mannered couple who were convicted of the murders of one of their parents ( females parents). Its a true story.  I've only watched the first episode but its seriously good. Its very black comedy. Really dead pan humour and very British.  I was laughing most of the time through it. Its also rather moving as the couple as clearly oddballs and have a certain charm about them.

 

What really makes it great is the two leads who really are outstanding.  Olivia Colman and David Thewliss.  Both the best in the game. There are also a great supporting cast. Especially those playing the bemused police. I tried watching the other 3 episodes last night but my stream kept stuttering so gave up.  Bloody annoying. But looking forward to the other episodes. I can only see it getting better and better. It has a similar quirky tone to "Fargo"  

 

Watched this a while ago and would recommend it too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Judge Fudge
On 25/03/2022 at 17:46, ri Alban said:

:thumb:

 

On 24/03/2022 at 08:17, jonesy said:

Anyone else watching Severance on Apple?

 

Downloaded the first few episodes to watch on a train ride to Manchester and now eagerly awaiting the next episode tomorrow. 

 

 

Adam Scott.John Torturro and Christopher Walken can't be bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jonesy
On 19/04/2022 at 22:45, maggieb said:

Years old but 12 series of trailer park boys is my go to for 20min fun ,try watching from day 1 ,they’ll grow on you 🤞🏻

Giving this a go, watched the first 5 or 6 episodes. Good fun and characters I recognise from the shitty places I’ve lived in the past.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maggieb
13 hours ago, jonesy said:

Giving this a go, watched the first 5 or 6 episodes. Good fun and characters I recognise from the shitty places I’ve lived in the past.

We may know each other then , good luck 🤠

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jonesy
1 hour ago, maggieb said:

We may know each other then , good luck 🤠

😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Started watching the last 7 episodes of Ozark on netflix last night. On one hand I want to rattle through them but on the other hand I want to string them out as I don't think there will be any more. 4 excellent series which are highly recommended.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PortyJambo

Watched Slow Horses on Apple TV over the weekend. Decent spy thriller with some funny moments in it too. Gary Oldman, as always, is reliably worth watching. A second season must already have been shot, as they had previews of it at the end of the final episode of the first season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

milky_26
3 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Watched Slow Horses on Apple TV over the weekend. Decent spy thriller with some funny moments in it too. Gary Oldman, as always, is reliably worth watching. A second season must already have been shot, as they had previews of it at the end of the final episode of the first season.

i've seen the first episode and it was good, i've just not gotten around to the rest yet, but it is good to hear it is worth sticking with

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tazio
On 19/04/2022 at 22:45, maggieb said:

Years old but 12 series of trailer park boys is my go to for 20min fun ,try watching from day 1 ,they’ll grow on you 🤞🏻

Always avoided this just based on the thumbnail image on Netflix. Started it last night based on this post and enjoying it. I do like a good mockumentary 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maggieb
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Always avoided this just based on the thumbnail image on Netflix. Started it last night based on this post and enjoying it. I do like a good mockumentary 

Ah ffs Tazio , you mean it’s not real ? Enjoy 😇

Link to comment
Share on other sites

luckyBatistuta

On season 2 of Ted Lasso. Might not be for everyone, but I’m loving it. Can’t beat a bit of harmless stupid humour.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Cade said:

This looks not bad

 

 

It does look good. 

 

Edited by JamesM48
Link to comment
Share on other sites

graygo
On 02/05/2022 at 15:39, 1953 said:

Started watching the last 7 episodes of Ozark on netflix last night. On one hand I want to rattle through them but on the other hand I want to string them out as I don't think there will be any more. 4 excellent series which are highly recommended.

 

Cheers, didn't realise they were now available. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tazio

Bosch Legacy on Amazon Prime. It’s the follow up to Bosch following on from the last series and his new work as a private investigator. It’s on the new Freevee channel so free with adverts. 
Pretty good so far but only seems to be 4 episodes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PortyJambo
11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Bosch Legacy on Amazon Prime. It’s the follow up to Bosch following on from the last series and his new work as a private investigator. It’s on the new Freevee channel so free with adverts. 
Pretty good so far but only seems to be 4 episodes. 

I read somewhere that they were releasing 4 episodes the first week, then will release 2 a week for the next 3 weeks, so will be 10 episodes in total.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tazio
4 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

I read somewhere that they were releasing 4 episodes the first week, then will release 2 a week for the next 3 weeks, so will be 10 episodes in total.

That’s good news. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Disser Pointon

Really disappointing final season of Ozark, last episode especially, very meh unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jack D and coke
On 10/05/2022 at 07:45, Disser Pointon said:

Really disappointing final season of Ozark, last episode especially, very meh unfortunately.

Oh no…I’m on ep9 I’m enjoying atm 😬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dawnrazor
On 10/05/2022 at 07:45, Disser Pointon said:

Really disappointing final season of Ozark, last episode especially, very meh unfortunately.

I enjoyed the last season but I get your point about the last episode, but, that the difficult thing about finishing a series like Ozark, whatever happened it wouldn't please everyone. How would you finish it?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ray Gin
On 10/05/2022 at 07:45, Disser Pointon said:

Really disappointing final season of Ozark, last episode especially, very meh unfortunately.

 

Can't agree with this, I thoroughly enjoyed it, start to finish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jack D and coke

Ozark finished well imo.
Best thing I’ve watched since Breaking Bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48
7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Ozark finished well imo.
Best thing I’ve watched since Breaking Bad. 

I might try give that a go again. I watched the first season but it didnt catch my attention really but lots of praise on this for the followings series 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...