Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

vegas-voss
23 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Boys from the Blackstuff written by Alan Bleasdale and first aired in 1982 is being repeated on BBC4. Bernard Hill as Yosser Hughes, is tremendous, one of the best characters for television ever created.

Gis a job , I can that.

Was only in primary when I first watched it 🤣

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga

Quite enjoying Only Murders in the Building on Disney. 

The Baby on Sky is also entertaining.

Just finished Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. 
was really good and had more than enough to keep me interested. Neve Campbell is still hot as……

8/10 for the series. Glad a 2nd series has been given the go ahead

PortyJambo

The Terminal List on Prime is decent for a bit of mostly mindless action. Chris Pratt plays a Navy Seal as the lead, and the books that it is based on are written by an ex-Navy Seal.

On 08/07/2022 at 17:15, John Findlay said:

Boys from the Blackstuff written by Alan Bleasdale and first aired in 1982 is being repeated on BBC4. Bernard Hill as Yosser Hughes, is tremendous, one of the best characters for television ever created.

Cheers will give it a look.Loved it back in the day.Hope the test of time has been good to it.

I watched on I Player. Imagine.....Miriam Margoyles...Up for Grabs.Really enjoyed it.

Found it fascinating the amount of voices she did for tv adverts.

Edited by benny

JudyJudyJudy
16 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Quite enjoying Only Murders in the Building on Disney. 

The Baby on Sky is also entertaining.

I really want to see “ only murders “ but can’t get it on my stick . It’s got a great cast . Looks good 

Dick Dastardly
22 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Just finished Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. 
was really good and had more than enough to keep me interested. Neve Campbell is still hot as……

8/10 for the series. Glad a 2nd series has been given the go ahead

Yeah, i watched that a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the next series

Dick Dastardly
20 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

The Terminal List on Prime is decent for a bit of mostly mindless action. Chris Pratt plays a Navy Seal as the lead, and the books that it is based on are written by an ex-Navy Seal.

I'm half way thought the first episode now. It looks good. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series

Watched a couple of shows over the last few days which I really enjoyed but which made me angry with different parts of Anmerica. Firstly Dopesick on Disney+ which was fascinating but showed how bad not only was the drug company but the FDA and US justice system. Then watched When They See Us which again was enjoyable but boy does it show how bad the cops (in New York in this instance) and the District Attorney were. Really shocking from both programmes bur definitely worth a watch.

ScottieMac17

Finished the boys season 3 yesterday! What a show! Jensen Ackles was amazing as soldier boy! Can't wait for season 4.

Started supernatural for the first time yesterday too. 

8 hours ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Finished the boys season 3 yesterday! What a show! Jensen Ackles was amazing as soldier boy! Can't wait for season 4.

Started supernatural for the first time yesterday too. 

Just finished it.Really good one question I have though what has happened to Cindy from season 2 I really thought she would have been back.

ScottieMac17
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Just finished it.Really good one question I have though what has happened to Cindy from season 2 I really thought she would have been back.

Good point, maybe she will return next season.

Edited by ScottieMac17

7 hours ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Good point, maybe she will return next season.

Aye cause the creator hinted she would be back in future seasons so folk thought she would appear near the end of this one

On 09/07/2022 at 22:16, PortyJambo said:

I’ve read the first two books. Both very good.

35 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Most recent episode of Better Call Saul 

:sweeet:

Indeed, it's hotting up nicely. 

Jambo 4 Ever
On 15/06/2022 at 07:55, Disser Pointon said:

Halfway throught the first season based on recommendation here, enjoying it so far.

Did you enjoy it? I’ve just started it…

Disser Pointon
6 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Did you enjoy it? I’ve just started it…

Decent enough watch without being spectacular mate.

JudyJudyJudy

"Black bird"    Its a new series with the handsome Taron Egerton ( he should be the next Bond()

Anyway in this he plays a crook sent to jail for 10 years who is given the option to go to another jail and try and gain some information out of a crazy serial killer.   Only watched two episodes but its really good.  The actor playing the serial killer is really outstanding. I hadnt heard of him before. Paul Walter Hauser

Ray Liotta plays his dad in it. Must have been on of his  last roles.  

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

William H. Bonney
20 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

"Black bird"    Its a new series with the handsome Taron Egerton ( he should be the next Bond()

Anyway in this he plays a crook sent to jail for 10 years who is given the option to go to another jail and try and gain some information out of a crazy serial killer.   Only watched two episodes but its really good.  The actor playing the serial killer is really outstanding. I hadnt heard of him before. Paul Walter Hauser

Ray Liotta plays his dad in it. Must have been on of his  last roles.  

You should watch Richard Jewell.  He's the lead in it. 

A superb film directed by clint eastwood.  

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, William H. Bonney said:

Yes since read up on him and he’s been critically acclaimed . No wonder . I’ll watch “ Richard Jewell “ next . 

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes since read up on him and he’s been critically acclaimed . No wonder . I’ll watch “ Richard Jewell “ next . 

He's also very good in I Tonya and cobra kai. 

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

He's also very good in I Tonya and cobra kai. 

I can’t recall him in “ I Tonya “ but thinking back did he play her boyfriend ? 

William H. Bonney
15 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I can’t recall him in “ I Tonya “ but thinking back did he play her boyfriend ? 

No. He plays one on the co-conspirators accused of attacking Nancy kerrigan. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

No. He plays one on the co-conspirators accused of attacking Nancy kerrigan. 

Might rewatch it as it was a good laugh 

4 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

Richard Jewell was very good. Black bird is on my list of things to watch, I'll probably wait until all episodes have been released so I can binge it

Eventually started on The Lincoln Lawyer. Enjoying it so far but he main characters accent is getting to me a bit. It’s a bit too east coast New York sounding for an LA native but occasionally his own Mexican accent creeps through. Petty thing and I’m sure I’ll get over it. 

We started watching Anatomy of a Scandal tonight, watched the first 3 and it's pretty good.

John Findlay
11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Eventually started on The Lincoln Lawyer. Enjoying it so far but he main characters accent is getting to me a bit. It’s a bit too east coast New York sounding for an LA native but occasionally his own Mexican accent creeps through. Petty thing and I’m sure I’ll get over it. 

Columbo the LA detective had a very New York accent.

Edited by John Findlay

When They See Us on Netflix. 

Very good, unbelievable how blatantly corrupt the police were and makes you think how many others we sent to jail for something they didn't do.

8/10

JudyJudyJudy

" The thing about Pam".

Starring Rennie Zellweger 

A bizarre true life murder story . Its a very uneven watch. its comical at times but also very violent. Similar to " Fargo"  IM really not sure if Zell is really that good in it as she is either hamming it up or is playing the character to perfection.  

The last episode is a shockaroo and I felt the show was very disrespectful to the real life victims. However I kind of liked the series.  I really Like Zell . Shes a a terrific actress and gifted comedienne.  Reminds me a lot of Ginger Rogers in her comedy roles. 

The official trailer for The Rings Of Power on Amazon have been released. Prequel to the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, 5 seasons planned and has cost $1bn to make. Out in the first week of September. 

Also the trailer of The House Of The Dragon the Game Of Thrones prequel out on August the 20th. 

Bad Vegan - Netflix 

what the actual Fek !!! Unreal con story. Gripping stuff. Recommend this just for the complete stupidity of the woman

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Started watching The Orville on Disney+. Pretty entertaining and really gets the feel of earlier Star Trek series. 

Season 1 was a Star-Trek themed sitcom.

Season 2 was more of the same, but with some serious episodes.

Season 3 is just straight-up Star Trek.

Discovery, Picard and all the other Nu-Trek garbage can GFT. The Orville is better than all of them.

Seth MacFarlane really understands what Star Trek is supposed to be.

Shanks said no

Enjoying The Newsreader, started on BBC last night and episodes available on iplayer. Very un-pc 80's Australia

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

JudyJudyJudy

Finally finished “ Sharp objects “  (2018) 

I tried watching it couple months ago but struggled . It’s a 8 part murder mystery starring Amy Adams and Patricia Clarkson. Jesus it’s slow , I mean slow ! With the now obligatory time frame shifts in the story , so your kinda lost at times what is happening . 

I decided to stay with it and it did improve . The last episode is fairly bat shit crazy and horrific but it made sense . Very , very disturbing drama. 

Needless to say Amy Adams was outstanding ( when isn’t she ? ) and Patricia Clarkson was just as good . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Cairneyhill Jambo
On 20/07/2022 at 13:56, jambopilms said:

When They See Us on Netflix. 

Very good, unbelievable how blatantly corrupt the police were and makes you think how many others we sent to jail for something they didn't do.

8/10

I would recommend watching Seven Seconds on Netflix.  Its also about corrupt cops involved in a hit and run cover-up.

1 hour ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

I would recommend watching Seven Seconds on Netflix.  Its also about corrupt cops involved in a hit and run cover-up.

👍

On 24/06/2022 at 16:49, iantjambo said:

Myself and Mrs tjambo have just finished watching The Lazarus Project. 
A good watch I have to say. Not brilliant but it ticks along nicely.

Worth a watch.

Just finished this. Got better as each episode progressed and thought it was pretty decent. Hopefully get a season 2

9 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

Just finished this. Got better as each episode progressed and thought it was pretty decent. Hopefully get a season 2

I think there should be. It was certainly left wide open for one.

The Hogfather

Couple of episodes into Strange New Worlds. Feels like a proper Star Trek show, very much a fan so far.

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Im absolutely loving this. Not even sure why as it can be incredibly slow paced and I feel like, I don’t get closure on a lot of issues but it brilliant. Yesterdays episode was immense.

Seemed like a filler but entertaining regardless