Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Industry. A character led drama about a group of trainees first year at an investment bank. 8 episodes, all available on iPlayer. Very believable stories showing the cut throat side of the financial industry and how. If you liked stuff like This Life or Mad Men you’ll love this. 9/10 

Edited by GinRummy

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Industry. A character led drama about a group of trainees first year at an investment bank. 8 episodes, all available on iPlayer. Very believable stories showing the cut throat side of the financial industry and how. If you liked stuff like This Life or Mad Men you’ll love this. 9/10 

Might give that a go as I loved “ Mad men “ and “ This life “ so sounds up my street but still to finish “ Fargo “ season 4 ( final episode this week ) and season 3 and 4 of “ Gomorrah “ to finish . 

14 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Might give that a go as I loved “ Mad men “ and “ This life “ so sounds up my street but still to finish “ Fargo “ season 4 ( final episode this week ) and season 3 and 4 of “ Gomorrah “ to finish . 

I am actually jealous that you still have 2 seasons of Gomorrah to watch. I was gutted when I finished it. Mind there's also the feature length film following Ciro to watch after that, The immortal.

Anything else along these lines that you'd recommend? Suburra: blood on Rome or something keeps popping up in my feed.

3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I am actually jealous that you still have 2 seasons of Gomorrah to watch. I was gutted when I finished it. Mind there's also the feature length film following Ciro to watch after that, The immortal.

Anything else along these lines that you'd recommend? Suburra: blood on Rome or something keeps popping up in my feed.

Yes Suburra looks similar to Gomorrah . Haven’t watched it yet though . The film Gomorrah “ is really good too made in 2008 . Like I’ve said before “ Fargo “ is brilliant . It’s different characters stories each season . Brilliant casts , Billy Bob Thornton , Ewan McGregor , Kirsten Dunst et al . Season 4 is about turf wars between rival street gangs . Black gang against Italians . It’s utterly compelling , episode 8 pays a fine homage to “ the untouchables “ and episode 9 is utterly brilliant whacky and way out there ! Added bonus of having Gennero from “ Gomorrah “ in the cast !! Salvatore Esposito ! Have u seen.        “ The Americans “? That’s brilliant too . About two Russian sleeper spies in the USA in the 1980s 

42 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes Suburra looks similar to Gomorrah . Haven’t watched it yet though . The film Gomorrah “ is really good too made in 2008 . Like I’ve said before “ Fargo “ is brilliant . It’s different characters stories each season . Brilliant casts , Billy Bob Thornton , Ewan McGregor , Kirsten Dunst et al . Season 4 is about turf wars between rival street gangs . Black gang against Italians . It’s utterly compelling , episode 8 pays a fine homage to “ the untouchables “ and episode 9 is utterly brilliant whacky and way out there ! Added bonus of having Gennero from “ Gomorrah “ in the cast !! Salvatore Esposito ! Have u seen.        “ The Americans “? That’s brilliant too . About two Russian sleeper spies in the USA in the 1980s 

So for example you could drop right in to season 4 of Fargo?

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

So for example you could drop right in to season 4 of Fargo?

Yes you can . There are only tenuous links to previous series which the geeks or nerds pick up on !  I like to think I’m neither 😪

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Yes you can . There are only tenuous links to previous series which the geeks or nerds pick up on !  I like to think I’m neither 😪

Good to know as i seem to remember starting season 1 and just not getting hooked.

I'll deffo watch anything with Gennaro in it, best thing I've watched in years.

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Good to know as i seem to remember starting season 1 and just not getting hooked.

I'll deffo watch anything with Gennaro in it, best thing I've watched in years.

Yes let me know how u get on I like hearing other people’s reviews . 

On 26/11/2020 at 15:22, Ron Burgundy said:

Started watching Man Down for some strange reason and I'm hooked. Silly nonsense but I'm addicted.

I loved it. Really laugh out loud funny

On 30/11/2020 at 14:38, jambopilms said:

The Queen's Gambit. Netflix 

About a girl orphan chess player.

I have binged it this weekend, a very good watch

Agreed.

The Queen's Gambit is outstanding.  It's mostly about chess, but you don't have to be a chess player to enjoy it.

Not a tv series but a Netflix film.  "Trial of the Chicago 7". Written and Directed by Aaron Sorkin (West Wing & Newsroom).  Good film based on real events.

Was going to recommend project blue book.   Until I learned just now they cancelled series three 😬 

Great two series if you like aliens/ufo stories.   Last, second series was left on a cliff hanger.   I was looking forward to seeing the continuation.   Severely disappointing.   

I think it's History channels series.   They decided to stop it.   The third series is supposedly finished, they just need a channel to host it.    I had been watching it off scifi channel so I would hope they might do something. 

Edited by HMFC01

luckyBatistuta

Maradona in Mexico

It follows Diego as he takes on the managers role at Dorados in Sinaloa.

It’s a brilliant watch, highly recommend it. 

Finished season 1 of The Alienist the other week. Thought the ending was a bit anti climactic but enjoyed it overall and will watch season two. 7/10.

Watching The Fall on Netflix now. Got 3 or 4 episodes left in the last series and it's brilliant. Really enjoying it so far so hope the end isn't pish! :lol:

Edited by Simo

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Maradona in Mexico

It follows Diego as he takes on the managers role at Dorados in Sinaloa.

It’s a brilliant watch, highly recommend it. 

I watched this. The man is an inspiration. The lift he gave those players was incredible. He is absolutely bonkers but that's just who he was. 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I watched this. The man is an inspiration. The lift he gave those players was incredible. He is absolutely bonkers but that's just who he was. 

Didn’t half have some influence on the team

Tenaciousdandy

Prodigal son, has the guy who played jesus in the walking dead and Martin sheen, its about a profiler who's dad is a serial killer, its a bit American cop show but quite entertaining, season 2 starting soon as well 

3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

The Mandalorian Episode 14 - another good one.

30mins - so short though.

Hide contents

I'm going to miss that old girl 😭

A good one though. 

Spoiler

And I’ve just discovered that sexy Jedi lady is played by Rosario Dawson..

13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

A good one though. 

Reveal hidden contents

And I’ve just discovered that sexy Jedi lady is played by Rosario Dawson..

Don't get me wrong, I loved the episode but just wish it was a set time each week. Like last week was 45mins, this week 30mins. I guess I just want more! 😃

Spoiler

Also, almost 29,000 fans recently ordered the Haslab replica of the RC at £350 (or dollars) and they go and do that!! 🤣😭

Great seeing BF in action though. 😃

Carl Fredrickson

I am not a huge Star Wars fan. I enjoyed the original three films but the prequals, recent films, stand-alones, Rebels, Clone Wars etc havent really appealed. My son loves all of them so I spend time watching them with him. 

However, the Mandalorian is fantastic TV and I look forward to each new episode as much as my son. 

Tenaciousdandy
8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'll binge watch The Mandalorian and Raised by wolves during the  Christmas holidays. 

Raised by wolves looks good, going to start that soon 

On 22/11/2020 at 23:57, Tazio said:

I’d somehow missed the second season of The End Of The F*****g World. 
Brilliant. Both seasons on Netflix and All4 or whatever it’s called now. 

Finished watching this the other night after binge watching it over a week or so, really enjoyed it, a bit bizarre at times with comedy and tragedy running side by side.

Not a series but the 3 part documentary on the dambusters with Dan Snow was a decent watch. Incredible what these guys went through for, as it turned out, little gain.

On 30/11/2020 at 12:54, Ron Burgundy said:

I finished " Gomorrah" last night.  It didn't disappoint. Brilliant show.  Its brutal and harsh though.  Those final scenes were shocking but to be expected.  The actor who plays Gennaro is also in season 4 of " Fargo" playing surprise surprise an Italian gangster.  He is superb in it and finally speaks English dialogue.  He may get more English speaking parts. He often reminds me of a young James Gandolfini.   I may try " Suburra " next as ive been to Rome countless times so nice to feel im back there !! It looks pretty good.   

On 02/12/2020 at 17:59, Simo said:

Finished season 1 of The Alienist the other week. Thought the ending was a bit anti climactic but enjoyed it overall and will watch season two. 7/10.

Watching The Fall on Netflix now. Got 3 or 4 episodes left in the last series and it's brilliant. Really enjoying it so far so hope the end isn't pish! :lol:

Season 2 is fantastic but its a slow burner so stay with it. 

On 03/12/2020 at 14:38, Dandyman79 said:

Prodigal son, has the guy who played jesus in the walking dead and Martin sheen, its about a profiler who's dad is a serial killer, its a bit American cop show but quite entertaining, season 2 starting soon as well 

Might give that a go . Love any show about serial killers :) 

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Might give that a go . Love any show about serial killers :) 

You should try the unibomber and mindhunters they were on netflix if you haven't seen them, also des about the Scottish serial killer 

2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

You should try the unibomber and mindhunters they were on netflix if you haven't seen them, also des about the Scottish serial killer 

Seen them all ! 

Tenaciousdandy
13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Seen them all ! 

Milat? Also wolf creek the TV show is quite entertaining for the gory and micks banter 

13 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I finished " Gomorrah" last night.  It didn't disappoint. Brilliant show.  Its brutal and harsh though.  Those final scenes were shocking but to be expected.  The actor who plays Gennaro is also in season 4 of " Fargo" playing surprise surprise an Italian gangster.  He is superb in it and finally speaks English dialogue.  He may get more English speaking parts. He often reminds me of a young James Gandolfini.   I may try " Suburra " next as ive been to Rome countless times so nice to feel im back there !! It looks pretty good.   

I had a look for season 4 of Fargo on Netflix but I'm sure it only had the first 3 seasons.

14 hours ago, Dandyman79 said:

Milat? Also wolf creek the TV show is quite entertaining for the gory and micks banter 

Yes seen that too 😂

55 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I had a look for season 4 of Fargo on Netflix but I'm sure it only had the first 3 seasons.

I watched it on my stick . 

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Channel 4 usually has it after it finishes it's run in the US, well they did for the first 3 seasons, but not sure if they still have the rights.

Edited by PortyJambo

On 07/12/2020 at 18:34, Hesh said:

Tin star Liverpool this week 

I'd missed this so bingeing first two series now, enjoying it a lot. Good cast dark and quirky.

Shitloads of Star Wars shows coming to Disney+ in next couple of years...

Some we knew about.

Disney+ fees going up next year though.

(10 Marvel shows also announced)

130738905_10157270232100146_7568047465597912282_n.jpg

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series