Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes he is . Very underrated . He first came to prominence playing a transsexual basketball player in “ The world according to Gary”. He’s brilliant in this and the film is an underrated gem with the great Robin Williams and Glenn Close. It’s a very bizarre film but terrific . 

Garp. Not Gary. 
It’s a good film but the book it is based on is tremendous. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Garp. Not Gary. 

Yes predictive text lol 

13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Garp. Not Gary. 

Lol actually that made me laugh 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The world according to Gary sounds like a documentary about a plumber. 

Lol that’s what made me laugh it sounds like a boring spoof documentary 😂

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes predictive text lol 

Is that the film where someone switches their car lights off and crash into someone else getting some :whistling:

Started Better Call Saul again, watches the first two ages ago but never got into it, then we watched Breaking Bad and started Better Call Saul agian and are loving it.

Carl Fredrickson
13 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Started Better Call Saul again, watches the first two ages ago but never got into it, then we watched Breaking Bad and started Better Call Saul agian and are loving it.

BCS is a very slow burner which I absolutely love. Great character development with some familiar faces from BB (though a prequal with folk who are a lot older means you need to give them a bit of slack)

11 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

BCS is a very slow burner which I absolutely love. Great character development with some familiar faces from BB (though a prequal with folk who are a lot older means you need to give them a bit of slack)

I'm enjoying it every bit as much as Breaking Bad, I do think I'm benefiting from watching Breaking Bad first.

'Lance' on iPlayer. 

2 part documentary on Lance Armstrong. Lots of good interviews. The guy is a clear sociopath, but I cant help but watch every program about him. 

Very good, well worth watching. 

It’s finished now but should still be on the (useless) ITVPlayer but Honour this week was very well made hard hitting drama about a young Kurdish girl who was murdered in an honour killing in London. Horrific how it was coldly planned and carried out by her own family. 

7 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Schitt's Creek

Not my usual scene but gets the job done. 

Going to start watching this tomorrow, wife's instructions.

Unknown user
9 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Schitt's Creek

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Going to start watching this tomorrow, wife's instructions.

Posh, but quality, perfect for watching with the mrs. 

Alexis is a ride.

JudyJudyJudy
On 29/09/2020 at 15:50, Greedy Jambo said:

4 episodes into Fargo, lotta pish so far. 

Oh you need to stick with it it’s brilliant 

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh you need to stick with it it’s brilliant 

I've tried but I cannot stand Martin Freeman. If it wasn't for Benedict I wouldn't have watched Sherlock. 

I'll need to try Fargo again, but those accents are so irritating. 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I've tried but I cannot stand Martin Freeman. If it wasn't for Benedict I wouldn't have watched Sherlock. 

He’s only in the first season . They are stand alone seasons with only minor links to each season so you. Can bypass season one if u want . The cast list of actors are outstanding , Kirsten Dunst , Jess Plemons ( Dim lad in breaking bad ) Patrick Wilson , Ewan McGregor David Thewliss ( plays a really creepy villain ) thanks for bringing this show up as it’s starting up again tomorrow , just checked ! Season 4 looks brilliant 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

btw I like Martin Freeman. Hes a good actor but always seem to play similar parts. Loved " Sherlock" too. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

btw I like Martin Freeman. Hes a good actor but always seem to play similar parts. Loved " Sherlock" too. 

Freeman got it stopped. Sherlock. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

why?

Jealous of BC fame, probably. He said he couldn't find the time, tho BC could. Maybe he'll change his mind, when he's out of work. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Jealous of BC fame, probably. He said he couldn't find the time, tho BC could. Maybe he'll change his mind, when he's out of work. 

Yeah i can see that as it is a supporting part.  Still cant beat Basil Rathbone as Sherlock though.  Although Jeremy Brett was probably the most realistic depiction of him on screen. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Yeah i can see that as it is a supporting part.  Still cant beat Basil Rathbone as Sherlock though.  Although Jeremy Brett was probably the most realistic depiction of him on screen. 

I can watch any Sherlock Holmes. Hopefully RDJ and Jude Law make another film. 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:yas:

Couple weeks ago I took my box set of " Sherlock " to my local charity shop.  No use keeping them as I dont have a DVD player now, i just watch most things online. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Couple weeks ago I took my box set of " Sherlock " to my local charity shop.  No use keeping them as I dont have a DVD player now, i just watch most things online. 

Netflix has the job lot. 

Onto season 4 of Mr. Robot and I am flip-flopping between loving it and hating it. There are moments of just sheer production genius where it's like "wow, that was fantastic film making", then there are times when it's just annoyingly wtf!??? Tried reading some of the theories about the show and what Whiterose's project is, but not sure I buy into it. It does rip off/doth the cap to Fight Club quite a bit. 

On a different note, looking forward to the 2nd seasons of The Mandalorian and The Boys. 

7 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Onto season 4 of Mr. Robot and I am flip-flopping between loving it and hating it. There are moments of just sheer production genius where it's like "wow, that was fantastic film making", then there are times when it's just annoyingly wtf!??? Tried reading some of the theories about the show and what Whiterose's project is, but not sure I buy into it. It does rip off/doth the cap to Fight Club quite a bit. 

On a different note, looking forward to the 2nd seasons of The Mandalorian and The Boys. 

Second season of The Boys is fantastic so far. Also worth watching the half hour show every week that comes out at the same time with actors from the show in a chat show format talking about the episode and characters. 

I watched the nexflix doc last night called American Murder the family next door . 

heartbreaking what he done how can anyone kill their own kids then dump them out in the open and think he could get away with it .  

Edited by Stu_HMFC

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Second season of The Boys is fantastic so far. Also worth watching the half hour show every week that comes out at the same time with actors from the show in a chat show format talking about the episode and characters. 

Cheers Tazio. Trying to give myself more time so I can binge watch without having to wait on a weekly basis per episode. As for the after show thing, as long as it's not as bad as the Talking Dead with that annoying gimp Chris Hardwick then I'll maybe give it a whirl.

Edited by Fraggle

Riddley Walker

I'm convinced Homelander has a dodgy eye but my other half can't see it whatsoever. Thoughts?

What a show, as an aside.

Riddley Walker

Apologies if been mentioned but haven't read this thread in a long time. ZeroZeroZero is one of the best things I've watched in a long time. Written by same guy as Gomorrah. About international drug smuggling trade and set between Italy, USA and Mexico. Action packed but high quality and one of the best soundtracks (by Mogwai) I've ever heard.

1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

Apologies if been mentioned but haven't read this thread in a long time. ZeroZeroZero is one of the best things I've watched in a long time. Written by same guy as Gomorrah. About international drug smuggling trade and set between Italy, USA and Mexico. Action packed but high quality and one of the best soundtracks (by Mogwai) I've ever heard.

What is this on mate?

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I watched the nexflix doc last night called American Murder the family next door . 

heartbreaking what he done how can anyone kill their own kids then dump them out in the open and think he could get away with it .  

Glad I watched this before the spoiler. :lol: 

Riddley Walker
28 minutes ago, Del Monty said:

What is this on mate?

Not sure if it's on any British streaming service atm. Was originally filmed for Sky Italia I think. I just streamed it through the firestick on a TV app.

4 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I read a few tweets about this that were people quite upset by it. The general consensus seemed to be that Netflix’s obsession with serial killer and crime documentaries has crossed the line and become about titillation and trying to shock. 

5 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Spoiler alert :lol:

On 03/10/2020 at 16:27, ri Alban said:

That's part of its magic.

North Berwick Jambo

I just watched David Attenborough: A Life On Our Planet (out on Netflix today). Quite a powerful film spanning the many years of his career & the difference to our world during that time.. A film everyone should be made to watch.  9/10 

Ron Burgundy
22 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

I'm convinced Homelander has a dodgy eye but my other half can't see it whatsoever. Thoughts?

What a show, as an aside.

He was born to play that role. Horrible smarmy bassa.

It's incredible telly.

48 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

He was born to play that role. Horrible smarmy bassa.

It's incredible telly.

It’s a seriously good hair and make up job. The actor that plays him looks like he’s in his late 20’s. And interestingly is a New Zealander. 

AlphonseCapone
On 04/10/2020 at 13:21, Tazio said:

I read a few tweets about this that were people quite upset by it. The general consensus seemed to be that Netflix’s obsession with serial killer and crime documentaries has crossed the line and become about titillation and trying to shock. 

I also watched this yesterday and enjoyed it. I think it's correct to say that society is obssessed with murder documentaries and so Netflix like other networks are cashing in on that but I don't see the problem. People arent forced to watch these things and society has always been fascinated by the macabre, technology just means there is much more of it. 

I don't think the quoted documentary was any worse than others but I suppose some folk struggled with the fact it was almost all from first person perspectives through body cams, Web cams, social media etc. 

Overall I'd say its a free society of adults who can watch whatever they like within the confines of the law, popularity will dictate what networks promote. But with all due respect to those upset, if you stuck on a documentary that described itself as using first hand accounts of a tragic story of a missing woman and her two kids and the shocking events they unfolded, and are surprised you found it upsetting, quite frankly they shouldn't be allowed to control their own remotes or TV viewing. 

AlphonseCapone
On 02/10/2020 at 19:14, Greedy Jambo said:

Schitt's Creek

Really enjoyed it. 

Greedy Jambo
4 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Really enjoyed it. 

It's easy viewing eh, you can just stick it on and bugger about with yer potato chips. 

That Fargo though, bloody random, you don't know whether you're coming or going. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series