Glasgow Smiles Better

Guest GhostHunter

Walter Kidd
And the fact all passports carry your place of birth?

I doubt many of them would list Great Britain on town/city of birth.

So which do you think Rangers fans are promoting? Scotland or Great Britain? You seem to be in 2 minds about it.

You are right of course Eck. I assume as they see themselves as the "Quintessential British Club" they are promoting their "Britishness". The saltire is part of that flag so they are promoting Scotland as part of the Union it could be argued also.

Anyway, did the nut nut sell you his Champs League ticket?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Malcolm Tucker

Calum Elliot also claimed he was always a Jambo which is a big pile of ****e. He was always a Rangers fan and had a season ticket for a while.

He's just saying what they want to hear.

You are right of course Eck. I assume as they see themselves as the "Quintessential British Club" they are promoting their "Britishness". The saltire is part of that flag so they are promoting Scotland as part of the Union it could be argued also.

Anyway, did the nut nut sell you his Champs League ticket?

I had to turn it down as I couldn't afford the ?750 for a flight.

:sad:

Calum Elliot also claimed he was always a Jambo which is a big pile of ****e. He was always a Rangers fan and had a season ticket for a while.

He's just saying what they want to hear.

It's not as if he's going to come out and say he's a Hearts fan whilst playing for Rangers. Lets be real.

Has Berra ever admitted to the press that he supports Celtic?

The loyalty lies with whoever is paying the wages.

Saw an extended family on the breakfast news (including several school age kids) who were delighted to say they'd left Glasgow at 10.30 last night and got into the square at just after 3am. I was begging the reporter to say 'Why?'

I think the answer would have been that there's a massive game on and they wanted to soak up as much of the atmosphere as possible. No different to what would happen if Heart of Midlothian FC were lucky enough to be in the final. :rolleyes:

Malcolm Tucker
It's not as if he's going to come out and say he's a Hearts fan whilst playing for Rangers. Lets be real.

Has Berra ever admitted to the press that he supports Celtic?

The loyalty lies with whoever is paying the wages.

Indeed.

However I have it on pretty good authority Berra is a Jambo...may be wrong?

One person who never denied who he supported though was Neil McCann. Always said he was a Celtic fan

I can see the headlines now. "Professional footballer in claims-to-support the club he's playing for shocker!"

:)

Indeed.

However I have it on pretty good authority Berra is a Jambo...may be wrong?

One person who never denied who he supported though was Neil McCann. Always said he was a Celtic fan

I'm sure I read in an old fanzine that he was a Celtic fan as a youngster.

Can anyone else confirm/deny?

Malcolm Tucker

I'm sure there was a big debate about Berra's childhood club. I work with his ex-girlfriend who seemed pretty sure he was a Hearts fan, but said he was much more into athletics when he was younger.

I'm sure there was a big debate about Berra's childhood club. I work with his ex-girlfriend who seemed pretty sure he was a Hearts fan, but said he was much more into athletics when he was younger.

Former athletics man who is making a decent career out of football.

Think he needs a word with Jose.

alwaysthereinspirit
Quoted in today's Metro saying he is a supporter of Rangers as well as a player.

Perhaps we can all agree to hate him now!;)

I already hated him for the assault on Elliot.

Malcolm Tucker

Surely one of his better moments?:rolleyes:;)

Glamorgan Jambo
I think the answer would have been that there's a massive game on and they wanted to soak up as much of the atmosphere as possible. No different to what would happen if Heart of Midlothian FC were lucky enough to be in the final. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that's what they would say.. doesn't mean it's sensible though or even what the majority of HMFC supporters would do in the same situation, with the same flexibilities and ease of travel to such an occasion.

Seymour M Hersh
Surely one of his better moments?:rolleyes:;)

There is a dichotomy there isn't there!;)

chester copperpot

If Hearts were to be playing tonight, I'd have went down on Monday and been there till friday, regardless of the result.

I hate Rangers, but their fans are experiencing something we can only dream about. I hope they enjoy the atmosphere and behave themselves. Got a txt from my wee brother at 9.20 this morning to say that his bus had been pulled over and the police had the sniffer dogs on every bus going down the M6, so the police are doing their best to ensure that the fans that travel behave themselves.

With all the huns houses being empty, all ra sellick fans can nick back the stuff that they got nicked from them when they were in Seville.

And the cycle continues.

If Hearts were to be playing tonight, I'd have went down on Monday and been there till friday, regardless of the result.

I hate Rangers, but their fans are experiencing something we can only dream about. I hope they enjoy the atmosphere and behave themselves. Got a txt from my wee brother at 9.20 this morning to say that his bus had been pulled over and the police had the sniffer dogs on every bus going down the M6, so the police are doing their best to ensure that the fans that travel behave themselves.

R.I.P. Police Sniffer Dogs.

I can only assume that each and every sniffer dog will have passed away by the end of their shifts after having to sniff buses filled with disgusting weegies.

marshallschunkychicken

Celtic fan without a doubt.

His cousin used to work with me, and used to lend his CP season ticket to Christophe when he couldn't make it.

Got the **** taken out of him by his cousin when he scored the own goal at CP earlier this season, as that must have been 'his boyhood dream, to score for the tic at Parkhead'.

jamborleystatto

here goes, picture the scene.the gers dressing room before saturdays game and the players are aboutto get there teamtalk. right lads i want 110per cent comittment from word go against these east coast,sheepsha**in basta**ds.remember there dundee hibernian and are full of tattie munchin bogtrotters from the emerald isle.i dont care if u kick punch or headbutt your way 2 victory.good luck and god save the queen. then walter smith walks in and says, thanks mr mccurry,il take it from here.

chester copperpot
R.I.P. Police Sniffer Dogs.

I can only assume that each and every sniffer dog will have passed away by the end of their shifts after having to sniff buses filled with disgusting weegies.

Heh heh, and here's me thinking you were talking about the amount of junkie's from Weegie's aswell.

winston churchill
Quoted in today's Metro saying he is a supporter of Rangers as well as a player.

the modern day graham souness:rolleyes:.

Glamorgan Jambo

That's fine but you wouldn't leave at 10.30pm to arrive at 3am in a cold and almost deserted square to stand around for a few hours with your kids ... who should be at school... before anyone else arrived!!! Either do it properly and get down really early or get up early this morning and drive down. It's only a few hours.

PS One of the guys at my work is wondering why he's struggling to fill up the seats for his bus to Wembley on Saturday. It leaves at 6.30 am and will be at the Wembley car park 2 hours later, well before it opens at 11am.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Exactly. They're a much higher level version of Hearts 2002-4, basically - and as much as I despise their club and everything they stand for, and am utterly sick of the refereeing favours they continually receive, they have a team any fan can be proud of. Would that the same could be said of us...

Perhaps the refs favour them here, but cant be said in Europe, they aint the big team in europe.

As mentioned above, so much to be said for organisation, team spirit and tactics.

tommythejambo

I hate everyone that plays for Rangers (Or Celtic, or Hibs, or Aberdeen etc.) regardless of the team they support.

tommythejambo
here goes, picture the scene.the gers dressing room before saturdays game and the players are aboutto get there teamtalk. right lads i want 110per cent comittment from word go against these east coast,sheepsha**in basta**ds.remember there dundee hibernian and are full of tattie munchin bogtrotters from the emerald isle.i dont care if u kick punch or headbutt your way 2 victory.good luck and god save the queen. then walter smith walks in and says, thanks mr mccurry,il take it from here.

Reading that hurt my eyes.

Guest Dipped Flake

Not read a lot of posts on this thread due to some of the posters being on my ignore list but I really think that some of the hun bashers on this site need to admit they are jealous. I hate rangers in Scotland but outside they have my support. I dream of the day that Hearts can take part in a European final and can only look on in envy as the rangers fans party in Manchester. I agree that a lot of them are bampots and have already been shown on uk tv signing their usual songs, with the offensive word(s) included but hopefully the english have no clue what they are on about.

Of course if they do and rangers end up banned from European competition then I would be the first to applaud but can't see how they could take this action unless the songs are sung at the game

Not read a lot of posts on this thread due to some of the posters being on my ignore list but I really think that some of the hun bashers on this site need to admit they are jealous. I hate rangers in Scotland but outside they have my support. I dream of the day that Hearts can take part in a European final and can only look on in envy as the rangers fans party in Manchester. I agree that a lot of them are bampots and have already been shown on uk tv signing their usual songs, with the offensive word(s) included but hopefully the english have no clue what they are on about.

Of course if they do and rangers end up banned from European competition then I would be the first to applaud but can't see how they could take this action unless the songs are sung at the game

I'm jealous, as is every other fan in Scotland, no doubts. Wish it was us.

But the whinging they have done since the Dundee United FC farce is unbelievable.

I hope they win it for my mate who is away down, but the other 99,999 fas can GTF. Kinda balances out at an "I dont care but a humiliation would be funny"

chester copperpot
That's fine but you wouldn't leave at 10.30pm to arrive at 3am in a cold and almost deserted square to stand around for a few hours with your kids ... who should be at school... before anyone else arrived!!! Either do it properly and get down really early or get up early this morning and drive down. It's only a few hours.

PS One of the guys at my work is wondering why he's struggling to fill up the seats for his bus to Wembley on Saturday. It leaves at 6.30 am and will be at the Wembley car park 2 hours later, well before it opens at 11am.

Would never take my kids to a game like this, as these kind of outings I do not want responsibility for any other human being other than myself.

wright1989

:confused:

Nonono! He said that he was gutted that he was not in the squad and has no grudge on Neil alexander and will be there cheering them on.

wright1989

He was really trying to do us a favor IMO, he must be a hearts fan! He wouldnt normally need make an effort to stop him scoring and we all know that.:)

Denny Crane

Reminds me of the Only An Excuse sketch about Souness. "After leaving my beloved Middlesbrough because of my loyalties to Liverpool, I soon realised when lifting the European Cup for the Merseysiders that deep down I had always been a Sampdoria fan...."

Stats

This was on last night. You'll have give up your bird or the night shift to keep up with JKB.

Calm down ya season ticket chucker!Yer bigot brothers are in a final tonight :dribble:

Yer right aboot Big Al but the point of the thread is that Alan McGregor is a bawbag. Undeniable fact!!!

Yep,the original,no like the sap's after the last home game.

Ah was with ma bigoted brothers from the other side all weekend.

And yes Mcgregor is a bawbag.

The People's Chimp
I wouldn't mind Heart of Midlothian FC playing boring football all the way to a Yoofa Cup Final. Just had a look at Sky News web site and they are estimating 120,000 fans of Rangers FC will be in Madchester. :eek: Judging by the pics I saw on the news at the gym this morning they're all having a great time and doing Scotland proud.

I'd agree with the first bit. And so far as well, it looks like there's not been any trouble, they might be steamboats, but who wouldn't be. Of course, you know if it was celtic that were playing in Manchester there would be 3 million celtic fans there. I hope the rangers fans behave themselves. I think they will. But, having seen the ugly parade of munters at central station earlier today, I wouldn't exactly go as far as saying they'd do scotland proud.

Glasgow is much nicer today for sure, the sun is shining, birds are singing and I can walk about without hearing the eternal "awright mister, got any change?" while avoiding a swinging bottle of Buckie ;)

Mon the Ruskies :D

Narrative Arc

glasgow's miles btter.........

Edinburgh 'slightly superior'

mon the russians!

I wouldn't mind Heart of Midlothian FC playing boring football all the way to a Yoofa Cup Final. Just had a look at Sky News web site and they are estimating 120,000 fans of Rangers FC will be in Madchester. :eek: Judging by the pics I saw on the news at the gym this morning they're all having a great time and doing Scotland proud.

Doing Scotland proud?!!! red hands, king billy flags, union jacks, no surrender, big jock knew, said no to the provo's, remember 1690..........need i say more?

Disgrace!

The People's Chimp
Glasgow is much nicer today for sure, the sun is shining, birds are singing and I can walk about without hearing the eternal "awright mister, got any change?" while avoiding a swinging bottle of Buckie ;)

You must be tripping. The city is still full of tracksuits, rangers strips, bucky swilling, union flags, red white and blue balloons, jakeys, the usual glasgow scenery.

Where have the Celtic fans gone?

Era Macaroons

it was funny for those that hadnt heard it b4, like me, thanks for posting

the sperm banks in Scotland have been closed for the day...

...as all the w*nk*rs are in manchester.

[i didn't see any of last night jokes so don't shoot me down]

You will be tonight though, right? ;)

By the way: a few weeks ago, I speculated on the horrible possibility of Chelsea winning both the EPL and European Cup, and Rangers winning the SPL and UEFA Cup. But there is another scenario: just imagine if Chelsea, having choked in the Carling Cup Final, been humiliated at Oakwell in the FA Cup, and come up short in the title race, lose in Moscow; and Rangers lose tonight, and blow the league as well. Now that would be interesting, wouldn't it? :)

It's called justice, anti-football should never be the winner !!! :pray::thumb:

anti-football should never be the winner !!! :pray::thumb:

:hobofish:

I'd be embarrassed to come out with a hobo-esque statement like that. Winning is what counts.

The People's Chimp
:hobofish:

I'd be embarrassed to come out with a hobo-esque statement like that. Winning is what counts.

That's where you're wrong:

What counts:

Haircuts

Flair

Brazil

Urinating in charity shop doorways

Losing with style and panache, such as when shipping 4 goals in a semi

107 years of Flair

The intertoto cup

What doesn't count:

Winning trophies

The scottish cup