Oscar Pistorius trial

Maroon Sailor

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I hope his house has the facilities he needs. Otherwise they'll have to bang him up in the Hilton.

I mean, if he can run round a 400m track in 50 second then how's he supposed to use a shower?

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Sten Guns

• redm

Interesting to note that Reevas parents are happy justice has been done.

That raised my eyebrow as well. Though in working with families in similar situations, I'm always struck at how pragmatic a lot of them can be.

The disclosures about them asking their daughters' killer for cash told me all I needed to know about them

Back of the Bus

Thought he might get 5 years. How one he actually spends in the nick after the minimum 10 months is anyones guess.

A couple of days.... If that.

Maroon Sailor

Think they were fearful of a non custodial sentence. Can only assume that they didn't know at the time he may only have to serve 10 months.

The disclosures about them asking their daughters' killer for cash told me all I needed to know about them

wasn't it pistorious offering them money and they rejected it as they saw it as blood money

10 months in hospital then back to his mansion.

I suppose we should be grateful - without the eyes of the world on them he'd have likely got off.

No jury FFS :facepalm:

10 months in hospital then back to his mansion.

I suppose we should be grateful - without the eyes of the world on them he'd have likely got off.

No jury FFS :facepalm:

in hospital?

in hospital?

He's not being put in the big boys prison - he's being put in prison hospital.

Too risky putting him in with the criminals

He's not being put in the big boys prison - he's being put in prison hospital.

Too risky putting him in with the criminals

ahhh ok fair enough.

I suppose putting him in a normal prison would do no one any good

wasn't it pistorious offering them money and they rejected it as they saw it as blood money

That was a second offer- THEIR lawyer ahd contacted him and asked for essentially a standing order to support themselves- that was seperate to the "blood money" and they were in receipt of those funds (as referred to by Nell

State is to appeal verdict and sentence. Papers to be filed in next few days.

You'd think he would be over the moon with the sentence.... Out in around a year

The White Cockade

You'd think he would be over the moon with the sentence.... Out in around a year

Prosecution not the Defence

Then you didn't hear Steenkamp family lawyer explaining that the parents had been financially dependent on her and when she was killed that income ceased. Her parents were bascailly "destitute", according to the lawyer.

• 7 months later...

unbelievable!

If by unbelievable you mean entirely believable and expected, I agree.

JudyJudyJudy

Completely disgraceful. How must the victims family be feeling? Very sad. A nasty pitiful man. 

• 2 months later...

Due to be released from prison Friday 21 August.

Appeal hearing where prosecutors will argue conviction should be upgraded to murder with minimum 15 year sentence is in November, so might not be out for long.

See that the appeal is in front of judges to assess whether first judge interpreted law properly. He won't be there.

• 2 months later...
Maroon Sailor

He will be out on parole on Tuesday 20th October.

Hasn't even served a year behind bars - joke system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Guilty of murder

Appeal judge has said what most people said at time - by shooting must have known whoever was in toilet could have died.

State proved case at first trial according to judge. Original judge made wrong decision.

Maroon Sailor

Guilty of murder

Appeal judge has said what most people said at time - by shooting must have known whoever was in toilet could have died.

State proved case at first trial according to judge. Original judge made wrong decision.

Correct decision in the end - the judge at the trial was as weak as piss water. I think she seen OP as the victim

Could be sentenced to up to 15 years in prison

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

What a strange justice system they have, its taking a long time to get it right.

2 years and 10 months after she was murdered

Correct decision in the end - the judge at the trial was as weak as piss water. I think she seen OP as the victim

Could be sentenced to up to 15 years in prison

Sentence is a MINIMUM 15 years.

So does this new verdict mean he meant to kill her or he meant to kill what he thought was an intruder?

Edited by Quartex

Maroon Sailor

So does this new verdict mean he meant to kill her or he meant to kill what he thought was an intruder?

He doesn't need to know the identity of the person

But it's pretty clear he knew she was in there and he knew exactly what he was doing

I P Knightley

It's been compared to leaving a bomb in a public place. You don't necessarily know who you're going to kill but it's highly likely you're going to kill someone.

One of the questions raised - "why not fire a warning shot?"

Absolutely no doubt that he intended to kill whoever was in that bog. Either he made no attempt to verify who it was or else he knew exactly who it was. Until he 'fesses up to the latter, there's no proof; but it doesn't matter - he murdered the occupant of the cludgie.

It means that when he fired that he was aware that there was a possibility that one of the consequences was that he could possibly kill whoever was behind the door.

Not necessarily Reva.

Would have thought that was why guns were invented.........otherwise they are the worlds most dangerous can openers