Oscar Pistorius trial

Maroon Sailor

scott_jambo

Baloney

He seems VERY sure of himself, always seems very arrogant and aggressive. I watched a documentay on him where he was wiht his pitbull dogs and he came over very ****** sure, macho etc and seemed pretty self assured weh nnot responding to Reeva's "I love you " texts. Very much her opening herself up emotionally and him balnking it and toying with her. He is a superstar and he knows it too.

And she can speak to folks if she likes- I think implying she was flirting with other men is dangerous ground, frankly, and only a few paces away from "she provoked him"- which she certainly didn't

Dangerous ground. :laugh: how about no.

Youve basically said he's guilty because you watched a documentary where he was confident and had a pitbull.

Lock him up melaaedee!

Edited by scott_jambo

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Sten Guns

• redm

I've no idea why, but I also find this hilarious.

My take is that every answer has to be directed to the judge, who in this case is a woman, even though the questions are from a male lawyer.

The Great Khali

My take is that every answer has to be directed to the judge, who in this case is a woman, even though the questions are from a male lawyer.

That's what I was guessing was happening but it's still funny :lol:

This lawyer is tearing him up for arsepaper here.

doctor jambo

Youve basically said he's guilty because you watched a documentary where he was confident and had a pitbull.

Lock him up melaaedee!

NOt what I said- I am merely refuting your "he's insecure and she's a flirt" line.

And yes- every time I've seen him on telly inc at the Olympics he comes across as very angry and aggressive- including his raging about the other dude's prostheses that beat him- definately mister angry there! Adn certainly not the upset, vulnerable wee cripple his defence is trying to paint.

and it was your good self who who started impuning Reeva's character - and I find that a little distasteful, frankly (and I am certainly no raging feminist)

I fail to see why you even mentioned her being a flirt- care to explain?

scott_jambo

Yes but it's still amusing with his accent and his shan wee voice "meleadee".

Edited by scott_jambo

scott_jambo

NOt what I said- I am merely refuting your "he's insecure and she's a flirt" line.

And yes- every time I've seen him on telly inc at the Olympics he comes across as very angry and aggressive- including his raging about the other dude's prostheses that beat him- definately mister angry there! Adn certainly not the upset, vulnerable wee cripple his defence is trying to paint.

and it was your good self who who started impuning Reeva's character - and I find that a little distasteful, frankly (and I am certainly no raging feminist)

I fail to see why you even mentioned her being a flirt- care to explain?

That's what oscar says not me.

I dont gie a toss about reeva whats her puss or naw legs mccracken's character. Everyone is speculating and the S.A courts will provide the just verdict.

The only times ive seen him on tele during the olmypics was when he was running. I must have missed the part where he was pure seething running round the track.

Edited by scott_jambo

girvanjambo

That's what oscar says not me.

I dont gie a toss about reeva whats her puss or naw legs mccracken's character. Everyone is speculating and the S.A courts will provide the just verdict.

The only times ive seen him on tele during the olmypics was when he was running. I must have missed the part where he was pure seething running round the track.

He was pure seething running round the track one day when a fellow blade runner beat him. Said his blades were too long. Was forced to issue a grovelling apology.

Nel is just setting the groundwork just now.

When he "pulls the trigger" , there will be umpteen adjournments, as the crocodile tears start flowing again.

Maroon Sailor

There was an alarm, but what I mean is, the alarm didn't go off. He said he put it on. So how did he think there was an intruder if the alarm didn't go off! Baffling!

Yeah that's what I was getting at.

Baloney

He seems VERY sure of himself, always seems very arrogant and aggressive. I watched a documentay on him where he was wiht his pitbull dogs and he came over very ****** sure, macho etc and seemed pretty self assured weh nnot responding to Reeva's "I love you " texts. Very much her opening herself up emotionally and him balnking it and toying with her. He is a superstar and he knows it too.

And she can speak to folks if she likes- I think implying she was flirting with other men is dangerous ground, frankly, and only a few paces away from "she provoked him"- which she certainly didn't

Lock him up melaaedee!

My missus stayed in South Africa for a couple of years and says it will be difficult to come across more 'alpha males' than even your average boer.

Doesn't make them all gun totting murders though.

As an aside, I know a guy who stayed in South Africa and while he kept his gun in his bedside table or car glove compartment, he knew he could never shoot anyone.

And that was when he realised, time to come home.

took abit of a hammering from the prosecution to end the day there!

The placement of almost everything in the bedroom coming under scrutiny with OP saying alot of things were moved by police. Prosecutor had him in a corner there, tomorrow will be interesting again

Gotta love the prosecutor. Previous post on (humourless) alpha males is spot on, and Gerry Nel is showing that he is top dog in this encounter. Stopping just short of asking "Yer a 'cee you next tuesday' - am I right?"

And great telly!

The People's Chimp

I reckon he was seething so popped a few caps at the door to show her who's boss but then turns out she's at the door and is broon breed.

Agree with this.

Maroon Sailor

You couldn't swing a cat in that toilet - any person in that toilet is going to be behind the door

Maroon Sailor

That's it til Monday

Nel had him on the ropes but couldn't deliver the knock out blow

Does he just start crying everytime the questioning gets too tricky for him? He was crying when they were talking about the positioning of an ipad charger earlier and he strated getting himself in a muddle.

Does he just start crying everytime the questioning gets too tricky for him? He was crying when they were talking about the positioning of an ipad charger earlier and he strated getting himself in a muddle.

Let's be honest, mate.

Guilty or innocent, it can't be easy going through that.

Tears and being muddled are fully expected IMO.

Maroon Sailor

Nice wee peck on the cheek and a bunch of flowers for Pistorious from a young woman as he leaves the Court building.

FS

What a waste of a bunch of flowers - he'll probably shoot the heads off them tonight

I P Knightley

The pistol shot in the restaurant was "an accident" (although he claimed something more peculiar, that's effectively the outcome of it.)

The four shots through the shunk door were all "accidents" - one after the other.

I've never handled a gun. If I did and it went off accidentally, I'd sure as hell make sure I knew what it was that caused it to fire 'accidentally' and make sure that didn't happen again.

Pistorious has handled guns, seemingly with some aptitude, and so would be more able to control what he's doing.

The guy's a radge and, on that night, he went pure radge. The prosecution rests its case.

Find this hard to believe. You are screaming about there being an intruder in the bathroom and to get down on the floor, and then you are shouting at the intruder as you go towards the bathroom threatening to shoot and she just stayed quiet? She didn't say "Oscar calm down it's ok it's just me".

Do we know whether (it's claimed) she went for a number 1 or a number 2? Sometimes when you're straining on a bready one, the blood comes up around the ears and you can't hear clearly.

Am i right in saying a window was left open too?

Would suggest a number two.

(Not that I want to aid the defence).

Not really been following this but what was his alleged motive to murder her?

Edited by Jamboy81

Not really been following this but what was his alleged motive to murder her?

He's a jealous radge.

I'm still not convinced he murdered her. More lost the plot and started shooting at the door to scare her sh!tless.

I haven't watched the whole trial and the defences cross examination of the police, but OP has loads of claims of evidence being contaminated. My one dealing with the SA police was a traffic offence and my on the spot fine was the amount of money they could find on me, with no receipt /notice. It was noted yesterday that OPs old man is no lover of the police and OP himself seems them little respect too. Maybe the police were at it too.

Mind you, OP comes overall all Dave King (glib and shameless liar)

Edited by DETTY29

The 'shooting at the door to scare her' thing doesn't really fly with me. Anyone with even a very basic knowledge of firearms (which Oscar Pistorious would definitely appear to have) would be aware that a wooden door is not going to be any obstacle for a bullet to pass through and that by shooting at it there is a very good chance that you are going to hit someone who is behind it. If he wanted to just 'scare her' he could have fired shots at the ceiling or something.

Maroon Sailor

He's a jealous radge.

I'm still not convinced he murdered her. More lost the plot and started shooting at the door to scare her sh!tless.

I'm convinced he murdered her.

The size of that toilet - she was obviously behind the door standing up facing him and more than likely talking to him directly.

Couple of shots in to the roof or even upwards at the top of the door would have scared her shitless

Edited by Maroon Sailor

An interesting read on the accident prone Mr Pistorius and his response to evidence...

http://m.newyorker.com/online/blogs/closeread/2014/04/oscar-pistoriuss-trigger.html

when the "I didn't shoot at the toilet door, the gun sort of just fired without me knowing" defence came out it was a surprise but confirms their fear that prosecution have at least proven it was at least manslaughter which could be 15 years prison.

RealMaroonCF

Oscar is so full of sh1t it is unreal.

I honestly thought before the trial started he'd get off but it's completely obvious he has no chance and his story sucks.

The whole "I was screaming and screaming" thing....and what...she said nothing back? Right then.

Guns just 'going off' in restaurants....he must have a magic member if it wasn't his finger on the trigger!

The prosecution guy is gonna tear him a new one all week.

Cheerio Oscar

Better call Saul
Oscar having a very bad day....
not another

No objections !!! ..different country different courts I presume

Edited by Ferris Bueller

How can he possibly believe "I shot by mistake" will get him off being responsible, at least manslaughter.

Mind you I remember Donald Findlay getting a few people off murder charges in Scotland for bizarre technicalities in 80s / early. 90s. Why he's still the go to person for lost causes - different country I know.

RealMaroonCF

Im going to try for odds that he actually folds and admits he did it. This lawyer has him in a knot. He must feel drunk the boy is doing such a number on him.

Oscar, the cross is out on Friday. Do the right thing and get on it. Enid Blyton couldn't sell your story son.

Im going to try for odds that he actually folds and admits he did it. This lawyer has him in a knot. He must feel drunk the boy is doing such a number on him.

Oscar, the cross is out on Friday. Do the right thing and get on it. Enid Blyton couldn't sell your story son.

Sure I heard on Sky an SA 'expert' say Nel has done enough for a culpable homicide conviction - murder beyond any reasonable doubt, may be not so.

Edited by DETTY29

Fort Vallance

How can he possibly believe "I shot by mistake" will get him off being responsible, at least manslaughter.

Mind you I remember Donald Findlay getting a few people off murder charges in Scotland for bizarre technicalities in 80s / early. 90s. Why he's still the go to person for lost causes - different country I know.

Get me Beltrami !

BoJack Horseman

And another interesting read, this time from a S African columnist Jani Allan...

http://janiallan.com...4/letter-oscar/

Raises an interesting point that I've not put much thought into; does it matter who he thought he was murdering? Why is that his defence? Oh, I meant to murder someone else, sorry.

Raises an interesting point that I've not put much thought into; does it matter who he thought he was murdering? Why is that his defence? Oh, I meant to murder someone else, sorry.

his defence is that he accidentally shot. 4 times, at the door. i'm not even joking.

his defence is that he accidentally shot. 4 times, at the door. i'm not even joking.

Yep. He "wasn't thinking" when he pulled the trigger. He didn't intentionally fire his gun. It just happened. Or something to that effect.