Annoying Facebook behaviour part 251

Heres Rixxy

Facebook is not giving us what we want but giving us what they want us to have, it will destroy itself in the end. (Tad dramatic I admit)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Салатные палочки

• peter_hmfc

• Sooperstar

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Facebook is not giving us what we want but giving us what they want us to have, it will destroy itself in the end. (Tad dramatic I admit)

It’s well on its way to doing that. The young ones have binned it long ago and most people I talk to about it actually hate the ****ing thing. 

:seething: 

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Seems the schools are back.

I can get it when they’re going into primary 1 but a girl I know put up her kids, P6 and 5th year at high school. 

4 hours ago, Helzibob said:

I can get it when they’re going into primary 1 but a girl I know put up her kids, P6 and 5th year at high school. 

Think I've seen every primary year there is. Haven't noted any high school ones.

social media is good if you use it in the right way. I use it to have a laugh at how tragic some peoples lives have become, with the odd sarcy comment to rustle some feathers. (typed while sipping on some ginger beer, while still living at home in the attic room, mwhahahahahahaha)

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Think I've seen every primary year there is. Haven't noted any high school ones.

If I was going into 5th year I’d be bloody embarrassed if Mum put up back to school photos online. Good job I’m an auld bird with no sproggs.

Салатные палочки

People really should avoid Facebook on back to school day if it annoys them. You know it's going to happen, as sure as night follows day. Same with Christmas day and people posting pictures of their presents. 

I don't mind it. People are proud of their kids. It's just their bad fortune that the only way they can show their pride these days is by posting it online for everyone to see for a few likes.

Do The Dance
14 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

People really should avoid Facebook on back to school day if it annoys them. You know it's going to happen, as sure as night follows day. Same with Christmas day and people posting pictures of their presents. 

I don't mind it. People are proud of their kids. It's just their bad fortune that the only way they can show their pride these days is by posting it online for everyone to see for a few likes.

Im with you on this, except for your last sentence. I think it’s an easy way for people to show pride, but I hope it’s not the only way people show their kids they’re proud.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/03/2018 at 06:49, iantjambo said:

Got a girl who got married 2 years ago and still constantly puts up pictures of her big day with statuses like “such a wonderful day” and “I’d like to thank everybody for making it such a special day” etc. She basically acts like the only person who ever got married.

I’d delete her but she’s an absolute stunner with an unbelievable body who also loves to post lots of holiday pictures off herself in very nice bikinis.

You can see the bind I’m in.

She’s away to Magaluf for a week.

:pleasing:

12 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Yup.

The bikinis are getting smaller though :D 

Are you sure it's not her arse that's getting bigger? 

• 1 month later...
Салатные палочки
11 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

The 2018 videos are coming......

632.gif.0375e7e9cb053db4fe57f1fd10d73c13.gif

:laugh: I seen mine this morning.  Whatever machine makes these videos obviously doesn't care about who or what is in them or in which context they were taken.  So I ended up with a picture of a telly showing the Handball World Cup that I took while in Gran Canaria, pictures of Neil Lennon with even more minging teeth than before and a yazoo milkshake, all while playing over a nice wee thoughtful tune.  

• 2 weeks later...

Girl on Saturday:

”If me and Kevin get engaged, who would come to the engagement party?”

Same girl this morning:

<Picture of hand with engagement ring>

”OMG...Kevin proposed this morning...This was so unexpected. I’m absolutely delighted”

Idiot ??

Edited by iantjambo

44 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Girl on Saturday:

”If me and Kevin get engaged, who would come to the engagement party?”

Same girl this morning:

<Picture of hand with engagement ring>

”OMG...Kevin proposed this morning...This was so unexpected. I’m absolutely delighted”

Idiot ??

You won't be attending the party then?

I keep going through periods of deactivating my Facebook account tbh. If it wasn’t for all the photos I have on there, I’d probably delete it permanently. 

Between them harvesting my information and the shite chat from patter vacuums, it’s a minefield of shite. 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I keep going through periods of deactivating my Facebook account tbh. If it wasn’t for all the photos I have on there, I’d probably delete it permanently. 

Between them harvesting my information and the shite chat from patter vacuums, it’s a minefield of shite. 

Sounds like you're s bit of a drama queen!

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Sounds like you're s bit of a drama queen!

Working for a technology company like I did for so long gives you an appreciation of just what permissions Facebook asks of you when you install their app or use their website. 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Working for a technology company like I did for so long gives you an appreciation of just what permissions Facebook asks of you when you install their app or use their website. 

I meant the quitting then coming back again and then quitting again and coming back again and...

• 3 months later...

Anybody enjoying reading about those gullible enough to fall for that viral pyramid scheme yesterday?

Салатные палочки

Just adverts these days.  Can't remember the last time I seen a post from someone I know. 

Folk were getting their friends to send them £160 who then got another 8 people to do the same. If you manage it you get yours £1260 or so.

Few people today saying that they'd lost their £160 or even worse, had had their bank accounts frozen pending investigation.

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Folk were getting their friends to send them £160 who then got another 8 people to do the same. If you manage it you get yours £1260 or so.

Few people today saying that they'd lost their £160 or even worse, had had their bank accounts frozen pending investigation.

Type of people who would probably send their bank details to a Nigerian prince.

3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

If you can let me know the user names of any friends that fell for this and you could win a share of £160.

3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

:cornette:

Bindy Badgy
16 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

A pyramid scheme with 6 people per level surpasses the Earth's population in 13 levels. Can't be bothered doing the arithmetic to see if 8 people per level gets there quicker...

1920px-Pyramid_scheme.svg.png

Bindy Badgy

11 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

A pyramid scheme with 6 people per level surpasses the Earth's population in 13 levels. Can't be bothered doing the arithmetic to see if 8 people per level gets there quicker...

Ended up doing it anyway. You hit 8.5 billion by level 11.

jack D and coke

Seen worse. Seen a lot of threats being bandied about too. 

Theres just no end to social media’s utter ****wittery tbh. 

It’s hard to have sympathy. 

Happy days if you got your £1260 though..

:munny:

19 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I’ve already got your account number Ian, but require your sort code.

Ta,

Tunde 

16 hours ago, superjack said:

If you can let me know the user names of any friends that fell for this and you could win a share of £160.

Can I please get in on this too, Jack?

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Can I please get in on this too, Jack?

For £160, I can sell you the gateway to selling your own.

You can thank me later when you're rich.

3 minutes ago, superjack said:

For £160, I can sell you the gateway to selling your own.

You can thank me later when you're rich.

Where do I sign?

I hope you don’t think I’m gullible?

:) 

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

I’ve already got your account number Ian, but require your sort code.

Ta,

Tunde 

Oh...Right!

Its: XX-XX-XX

??

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Oh...Right!

Its: XX-XX-XX

??

Perfect, thanks.

You’ve won a Samsung 1874 digital banana boat maker.

?

Bindy Badgy
On 27/03/2019 at 16:00, AndyNic said:

Imagine being that stupid. Absolutely mental that folk still fall for this shit. 

On 27/03/2019 at 16:01, AndyNic said:

Do folk just see "free money" and lose all/any common sense?

Pretty much. People still fall for Herbalife, Young Living and all the other MLMs that are basically glorified pyramid schemes.

There's a lot of information out there that shows why you're destined for failure unless you're the person at the top of the pyramid but people throw money at stuff without doing their due diligence.