• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Салатные палочки

• peter_hmfc

• Sooperstar

2 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Anyone ever had a friend request from someone with the same name?

It was a few years back but I remember receiving it....a look on his profile showed he was tracking down everyone with the same name!

Deviant behaviour!

Had a boy do that with me years ago from Australia as it was his 50th birthday (no sure why that matters either). Accepted him. Seems a decent guy who was a good help when I travelled up the gold coast for a few weeks 2 years ago.

It was a few years back but I remember receiving it....a look on his profile showed he was tracking down everyone with the same name!

Deviant behaviour!

Yep, loads. I found it really weird that folk wanted to be friends with complete strangers just because they have the same name. 

The facebook phrase folk use: “ Delighted to announce” 

Phuck off, your no a press conference. 

Bindy Badgy
5 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Deviant behaviour!

I had that back in the days of Bebo. Promptly blocked him.

5 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Deviant behaviour!

Wow, I didn’t realise that `der Kaiser` was a common name.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably hasn’t phoned the police, but taken the time to make a nice wee number plate graphic up.

BEWARE BEWARE THOSE ASIANS ARE STEALING OUR KIDS

* STAY SAFE

** HUG YOUR BAIRNS

*** YOU OK HUN?

**** PM ME BABE XXX

9037F8E8-CD57-4E6E-B24E-8F3AEEC3D670.jpeg

On 4/30/2018 at 08:23, Armageddon said:

Probably hasn’t phoned the police, but taken the time to make a nice wee number plate graphic up.

BEWARE BEWARE THOSE ASIANS ARE STEALING OUR KIDS

* STAY SAFE

** HUG YOUR BAIRNS

*** YOU OK HUN?

**** PM ME BABE XXX

9037F8E8-CD57-4E6E-B24E-8F3AEEC3D670.jpeg

Has she since deleted that post or made it private?  Could see it on Monday but not today.  

:levein_interesting:

Heard on the radio that Facebook are adding a tinder style feature where you can swipe left and right on people.

That'll be interesting :lol:

Edited by Homme

• 1 month later...
tokyowalnut

Wishing a happy fathers day to people that aren't on Facebook or dead!

Someone put up a picture of the order of service from their deceased fathers funeral. Strange behaviour. 

49 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Someone put up a picture of the order of service from their deceased fathers funeral. Strange behaviour. 

You beat me to it. 

1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

I came on to post this exact same thing, well this but minus the funeral order of service. 

Its all very “look at me” “what a great child I am”. ??

The story behind every Facebook message today

"hey everyone, my dad is awesome, and I'm such a great child here's pictures of me with him...he's fantastic....its why I'm fantastic.......yeah....some photos are quite old.....i don't really see him much.....except when my cars acting up....or I need money......he had an operation recently.....i want to say it was just routine but I don't really know what it was for.....he's OK I think.....mum would have said if it was serious......he's brilliant though.....i got him an Amazon voucher....he can treat himself with it....plus I don't know what he likes these days so that's a bit less stressful.....mum said what about taking him out for lunch....but im working tomorrow, and it's been a tough week.....bit of a sore head.....I'll pop his card in during the week......"

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

It's a 'happy fathers day' message from an unborn child ?

I got one of those today on whatsapp.

I must say it didn't annoy me one bit.

Quite the opposite, in fact.

The story behind every Facebook message today

"hey everyone, my dad is awesome, and I'm such a great child here's pictures of me with him...he's fantastic....its why I'm fantastic.......yeah....some photos are quite old.....i don't really see him much.....except when my cars acting up....or I need money......he had an operation recently.....i want to say it was just routine but I don't really know what it was for.....he's OK I think.....mum would have said if it was serious......he's brilliant though.....i got him an Amazon voucher....he can treat himself with it....plus I don't know what he likes these days so that's a bit less stressful.....mum said what about taking him out for lunch....but im working tomorrow, and it's been a tough week.....bit of a sore head.....I'll pop his card in during the week......"

That is ridiculously accurate :rofl:

Салатные палочки
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I got one of those today on whatsapp.

I must say it didn't annoy me one bit.

Quite the opposite, in fact.

I got an actual card with a pic of the scan on it. Was well made up with it. 

30 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Tip one off into a mothers day card next year......

......wait......will it still open?.......I'll research and get back.

;)

(Congrats though)

Салатные палочки
10 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Tip one off into a mothers day card next year......

......wait......will it still open?.......I'll research and get back.

;)

(Congrats though)

Might be the closest I get to her by next year. 

:muggy: or :pleasing:

I'm not sure. 

Governor Tarkin
48 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

:thumbsup:

Congrats, mate.

Craig Gordons Gloves

“Happy Fathers Day to all the mothers forgoing their lie in today and to all the single mothers out there”

That had me swearing like I’d just watched us lose to hibs.  She most likely doesn’t even care but wants to be seen as being right on.

its called Father’s Day for a reason you daft bint, Mother’s Day has already been.

• 4 weeks later...
Bindy Badgy

I've been oddly obsessed with viewing anti-vaxxer nonsense that has been posted on Reddit over the past month or so. A few things that caught my eye this morning:

z43zpmpqvs811.jpg

jduZs9y.jpg

6 hours ago, Stokesy said:

I've been oddly obsessed with viewing anti-vaxxer nonsense that has been posted on Reddit over the past month or so. A few things that caught my eye this morning:

z43zpmpqvs811.jpg

jduZs9y.jpg

Is he taking the piss?

1 hour ago, Boof said:

I feel a curious resentment for 'Gender reveal' videos.

Just what is the need?

I don't know what that is?

Is it videos of folks pulling their pants down?

".....that's tucked back.....definitely a guy...."

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Like a buffalo bill video. 

4 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Seems to be an American thing whereby the gender of an in utero child is revealed to friends and family. Often involving balloons (the inflatable rubber type) and cake.

Really struggling to see the point of them.

Ron Burgundy

I'm sure it's been mentioned but when people post happy birthday stuff to dead parents who are most unlikely to have FB accounts in the afterlife.

It's basically  look at me I need attention as is people who think changing their profile picture in the wake of a disaster helps anything.

Captain Sausage

Anti vaxxing people seem funny on the surface, due to their sheer density. 

But what they are doing is tantamount to child negligence. It’s an absolute scandal - I believe we should be mandating childhood vaccinations unless a doctor provides exemption on the basis of child wellbeing.

Bindy Badgy
3 minutes ago, houstonjambo said:

Anti vaxxing people seem funny on the surface, due to their sheer density. 

But what they are doing is tantamount to child negligence. It’s an absolute scandal - I believe we should be mandating childhood vaccinations unless a doctor provides exemption on the basis of child wellbeing.

It's even worse than that. They're also endangering people that perfectly valid reasons for not vaccinating, such as people that are immunocompromised and people that are allergic to the ingredients in certain vaccines.

Bindy Badgy
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned but when people post happy birthday stuff to dead parents who are most unlikely to have FB accounts in the afterlife.

It's basically  look at me I need attention as is people who think changing their profile picture in the wake of a disaster helps anything.

im-helping-french-flag-facebook-profile-

Captain Sausage
11 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

It's even worse than that. They're also endangering people that perfectly valid reasons for not vaccinating, such as people that are immunocompromised and people that are allergic to the ingredients in certain vaccines.

Yeh I should’ve added that. My boy is a year old and the doctor was worried he might have measles (was just a virus thankfully). He’s in that awkward bit where his injection is due in 2 weeks but we had to wait due to moving home. The doctor was saying our area has had a measles outbreak due to parents opting their kids out. Utter scum. 

Not so much a general Facebook usage seethe but the fact that Facebook allow cess-dwelling rodents like Infowars to remain on their platform.

Jarrod Ramos had the right idea.

Wrong place, right idea.

Better call Saul

The amount of folk that just share pictures of statements or crappy videos is getting to me!!!!! 

It's almost like a billboard of advertisements. 

jack D and coke

Really is a total shiteshow these days. All the young ones have binned it it’s middle aged men and women who drive it these days. 

Absolute balls :facepalm: 

jack D and coke

Bebo :lol: there’s a wee blast from the past! 

Its twitter, Instagram and snapchat now. 

I barely use FB either anymore it just annoys me. What’s really ****ing annoying me now though is people post identical pics and posts on FB and insta too so you end up seeing the same shit again!

Honestly somebody kill these people :seething: 

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Genuinely dunno what that is/was. 

Sounds filthy though. So I probably missed it.

:(

One of the first social media sites. Came out before Bebo.

The latest social media trend of having videos which repeat themselves. Sometimes the same 10 second clip played on a loop for a minute. And subtitles on everything. **** off.

Slevinkelevra
On 12/07/2018 at 14:40, Ron Burgundy said:

This is the one that gets me most...happily heavenly birthday to my gran/grandad who would have been 134 today. Are these cretins just gonna do this every year? Attention seeking drivel, very close to deletion

Edited by Slevinkelevra

14 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

The latest social media trend of having videos which repeat themselves. Sometimes the same 10 second clip played on a loop for a minute. And subtitles on everything. **** off.

Subtitles are quite handy if you are wanting to watch the video but not in the best place to listen to it.

40 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Subtitles are quite handy if you are wanting to watch the video but not in the best place to listen to it.

Then just watch it later. Have some patience. They're a distraction. If there are subtitles then you can't not watch them, even with the sound on. Fact. End of.

15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Then just watch it later. Have some patience. They're a distraction. If there are subtitles then you can't not watch them, even with the sound on. Fact. End of.

It's not easy to find a video again later in the day on Facebook.

20 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

It's not easy to find a video again later in the day on Facebook.

Click the wee menu dots, hit Save Video. Go back and watch it later. Couldn't be easier.

13 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Click the wee menu dots, hit Save Video. Go back and watch it later. Couldn't be easier.

tenor.gif?itemid=10835073