GOOD LUCK ZENIT IN FUNCUP FINAL

freddiemac

freddiemac

I would like to wish ZENIT ST PETERSBURG good luck in the final of the european funcup final against scotlands disgrace, rangers.

although the trophy has long since lost the prestige it once had, mainly due to allowing in entrants from the intertattie cup and teams who are not good enough to be competing in the champions league after christmas.

lets hope the rangers bully boys come a cropper big style and mr murray and his media lackeys who think that everybody in scotland should pander to rangers end up in tears.

The one record rangers will have this season is failing to score in 9 european games, amazing , lets hope that stetches to 10 games

Spellczech

It?s the idea that Rangers will be playing for penalties from the first second that is really depressing.... What kind of way is that to play approach a cup final or to play football?

stawberry2
It?s the idea that Rangers will be playing for penalties from the first second that is really depressing.... What kind of way is that to play approach a cup final or to play football?

Well said, hope oor bazza gets a red hate the wee toad

freddiemac
Funcup.

I would love to win that Funcup.

there are many reasons why the uefa cup is now a funcup

1 This must be the only adult competition in the world to to reward losers

i.e dropouts from champions league .

2 Fulham may enter through the "fair play" just after escaping relegation

3 Gretna and Queen of the south have represented Scotland lately

4 Groups of 5 teams playing each other once only

5 Teams qualifying by winning 2 intertattie cup games

6 Final being played at smaller stadia i.e City Stadium rather than Old Trafford

7 Sky tv never show any games, Chanels 4 and 5 show the english teams

8 Bolton decided to end almost a total reserve side to Lisbon

9 Thursday nights are preferential for games

All in the uefa cup can be great fun with good games home and away but at the end of the day it is a trophy that should not be held in too high prestige.

.... but at the end of the day it is a trophy that should not be held in too high prestige.

Which probably explains why you've wished Zanussi Battenberg the best of luck in it.

Until last week, I didn't even know what one was supposed to do with a Zanussi Battenberg.

If Hearts (that's Heart of Midlothian FC, as opposed to any "funteam" the OP might have in mind) were playing in the UEFA Cup final, I'd go see.

Sad, amn't I? :sad:

mon the gers i'll be travelling down tommorow to watch the game with my grandad , i'm only going because it's for free :)

mon the gers i'll be travelling down tommorow to watch the game with my grandad , i'm only going because it's for free :)

No excuse mate................Room 101 beckons.

Say What Again
Betfair, Zenit 5/4 get on!

You beat me to it David. I simply can not believe that Ladbrokes are offering 11/10 Zenit.

Am I missing something? :confused:

I don't care how many threads are started on this and have to be merged. I will attempt to sign every last one of them.

COME ON ZENIT!

IMA MAROON

Good luck mate, my Grandad is a Bear as well. Will be thinking of him when they (hopefully) win the cup. :)

.... but at the end of the day it is a trophy that should not be held in too high prestige.

The UEFA Cup not to be held in too high prestige ?

I know we are all entitled to our own opinions on things, but that has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on here for a while !

Assuming they are not in the Champions League, most, if not all, clubs would love to win that trophy, or be in the competition at the very least. Why do you think Levein/Dundee Utd are kicking up such a big stink about being cheated at Hunbrox ?

Not getting into the merits of the cup itself but I hope to hell that Rangers don't win it. Come on Zenit!

Fernando Rickson with an 89th minute winner would suit me.

Cmon Zenit!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit that last week I would have preferred Rangers to win it, being a Scottish club after all, but not after the weekend.'s events Zenit all the way now! Can't believe all those saying that the UEFA Cup has no prestige - what a load of boll****s. We would be over the proverbial moon to be in the final - smacks of sour grapes to me. :rolleyes:

Guest casper
Betfair, Zenit 5/4 get on!

I got them at 9/2 when the won the 1st leg 4-1 against Leverkusan.

Looked like a good bet even then.

Guest JamboRobbo
Best of luck Rangers!

Hope the teddys I know have a great day out!

:hobofish:

I wanted to use the Rangers version, but it seems that hasn't been added yet.

Come on Dex! Can we have a similar one with a little Rangers fan on it for all the Rangers sympathisers on here.

For the fact that Rangers have raised the profile of our mediocre league,Id like to thank them also!

I've no idea how it happened, merely because I really haven'y bothered with any self analysis,..................but I used to want EVERY scottish team to do well in Europe,...............without exception.

Now ?,............well for the last 5 or 6 years I have found myself supporting the opponents of Rangers and Celtic in European competition, no matter who it has been.

This hasn't been a conscious decision on my part, it's just been how I have genuinely felt about both clubs.

I now dislike and wish ill will on both Rangers and Celtic, much the same way that I have always felt in regards to the English international team.

So, to ZSP,..........all the best.

The People's Chimp
there are many reasons why the uefa cup is now a funcup

1 This must be the only adult competition in the world to to reward losers

i.e dropouts from champions league .

2 Fulham may enter through the "fair play" just after escaping relegation

3 Gretna and Queen of the south have represented Scotland lately

4 Groups of 5 teams playing each other once only

5 Teams qualifying by winning 2 intertattie cup games

6 Final being played at smaller stadia i.e City Stadium rather than Old Trafford

7 Sky tv never show any games, Chanels 4 and 5 show the english teams

8 Bolton decided to end almost a total reserve side to Lisbon

9 Thursday nights are preferential for games

All in the uefa cup can be great fun with good games home and away but at the end of the day it is a trophy that should not be held in too high prestige.

Are you writing this from the future?

And really? funcup? get a grip of yoruself.

jambobrett
Good luck mate, my Grandad is a Bear as well. Will be thinking of him when they (hopefully) win the cup. :)

My Grandad was also a Rangers fan, as is my older brother.

I still hope they get totally embarrassed tomorrow night. I honestly hope ZSP put more than 5 past them.

Doesn't mean i don't like my Grandad or my brother though. Its purely about football. And I hate Rangers.

Good luck Zenit!

I've no idea how it happened, merely because I really haven'y bothered with any self analysis,..................but I used to want EVERY scottish team to do well in Europe,...............without exception.

Now ?,............well for the last 5 or 6 years I have found myself supporting the opponents of Rangers and Celtic in European competition, no matter who it has been.

This hasn't been a conscious decision on my part, it's just been how I have genuinely felt about both clubs.

I now dislike and wish ill will on both Rangers and Celtic, much the same way that I have always felt in regards to the English international team.

So, to ZSP,..........all the best.

How odd ! I am in the same boat. Always cheered on every Scottish Team and then stopped supporting Rangers about 5 years ago. Kept the faith with Celtic for a bit (something to do with 1967 I guess) but found myself supporting the opposition from 2 or 3 years ago.

I would support Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Motherwell or even the hobbos in Europe (up to a semi-final) - but there is something so nauseating about the OF now and their hangers-on, the media, that I can only think GIRFUY !

All true Heart of Midlothian fans are with you!

The Rangers have cheated us for years, lived of sectarian bigotry, used and abused the Scottish league since the beginning, have spent far too many years benefiting from their referees and care nothing for Scotland or its other clubs.

How can they demand our support when they disregard us?

Rangers and Celtic, one and the same, Scotland's disgrace!

are there not two other come on zenit threads already?

Yes, but by starting his own thread it proves and enhances his anti-Rangers FC credentials. :rolleyes:

rossi_1983

By this time tomorrow I predict the first page of the board will be taken up entirely of "Come on Zenit"/"Come on Rangers" threads

Say What Again

I've had to suffer Radio Scotland at work for the last hour and a half. All they've done for those 90 minutes is talk about how Rangers fans are at the game/in Manchester.

They started at 100,000 - I think there must now be about 7.6 million. :wacko:

Mon Zenit

Colonel Kurtz

you better check goldilocks isnae in yer scratcher mate

ITV 1 mate....................Sky channel 993..............that's what I'm on.

Fecking hate Erchie Mcpherson

Cappuccino Kid

C'mon Zenit.

Baltika beer from the St. Petersburg brewery nicely chilled.

King of the North

THree minutes in. A flurry of union jacks, a big chorus of rule brittania then a rousing blast of 'Derry's Walls'. Doing Scotland proud, right enough.

In the name of all that is moral and decent, lets hope these horrific excuses for human beings watch their anti-football side get pumped - absolutely pumped.

Archived