Tonight's Football

weststand93

Jamtarts-1874

Not given the ridiculous gap between the top 3 and the rest. And Atletico aren't some plucky underdogs either. They're Tax Dodgers FC: they owe the Spanish authorities millions and millions of euros.

Yeah but don't pretend just because Everton, spurs and the like are close to the front runner just now that they have any chance of winning the league.

Lets face it the only reason the epl is competitive this year is because the quality of the teams at the top isn't very good.

Iam not bothered about the reasons behind why atletico are good I just know they are playing well just now. Also if it wasn't just for billionaires using city nd Chelsea as play things then the epl would be mince

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gregory House M.D.

That's a red card. Every time. This Irish guy is ruining this game. Bellend.

Lawson's completely unofficial current European ranking list

1. Bayern Munich (Germany)

2. Barcelona (Spain)

3. Real Madrid (Spain)

4. Borussia Dortmund (Germany)

5. Arsenal (England)

6. Atletico Madrid (Spain)

7. Juventus (Italy)

8. Paris Saint-Germain (France)

9. Chelsea (England)

10. Manchester City (England)

Of those, Barca and Dortmund look like they're going backwards to me; Atleti have a chronic history of shooting themselves in the foot; Juve are nothing special; Chelsea and City will, in all probability, only get better over the next year or two. And PSG are really hard to assess: I think they're better than last year, but still aren't sure about them at this level yet.

As long as they avoid each other in the draw, Bayern, Real, Arsenal and either PSG or Chelsea to make the semis this year for me.

Fantastic slo-mo footage of game in Istanbul ... hailstones bouncing off the pitch and a wake of hailstones trailing the ball as it moves along the grass.

Edit: With the team colours on display and orange ball it's all a bit surreal.

Sounds like the pundits (Lee Dixon)are talking about Hearts defending and not Man U it's all most exactly what we are doing week in week out.

Has the gala v juve game been suspended?

Stopped to clear some of the snow/hail, it's stopped falling now, and to paint the lines red.

You know, I'm sitting here watching a City team (a mix of a & b teamers) come back into this game, passing it around for a minute or so in Bayern's half and I'm wondering if the German team has been told to take it easy (after their start). Gatsby above states they're far more entertaining than Barca ever were. Of course without Robben they're infinitely less dangerous but I'm still not convinced by this German team ... in full flow the are undoubtedly impressive, and the stats to date (and probably at the end of the season) will likely put them in the frame for the greatest ever. For me anyway, they lack something, something artistic ... there are no curves to this Bayern team, just German straight edges.

Edit: they've equalised now.

Edit: they've taken the lead now.

Blatant dive from Milner for the penalty. Shocking defending for the third. Best team in the world, aye?

Man City leading after being 2-0 down is a massive shock. And away from home too. If they see it out then it should really get their season going.

1-0 Man United

They've actually grown into the game and have probably been the better team overall.

Big difference since RVP came on.

Man City leading after being 2-0 down is a massive shock. And away from home too. If they see it out then it should really get their season going.

They need 2 more to top the group.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Massive investment needed in Man U's squad. No disguising their mediocrity. Don't fancy them for top 4 this season at all

Massive investment needed in Man U's squad. No disguising their mediocrity. Don't fancy them for top 4 this season at all

Even with their last couple of Championships they've generally been shocking to watch.

Even with their last couple of Championships they've generally been shocking to watch.

They certainly lack the flair of Hibernian FC. :D

They certainly lack the flair of Hibernian FC. :D

You can't blame United for that ... wee team flair is unprecedented.

You can't blame United for that ... wee team flair is unprecedented.

They taught Brazil all they know don't ya know?

Shades of the press that undone Barcelona there. May see a few coaches pouring over videos of this match prior to encounters with Munich.

Fine matches by Milner and Fernandihno.

Jamtarts-1874

just reminds me of last season when Bayern got beat 2-0 at home by Arsenal. They thought it was already over and turned off. Still went on to smash everyone though. Hopefully they go out asap this season though

Morgaro Gomis

Had a ?5 bet on;

Hearts U20 (Taken at HT when 1-0 down) @ 24/5

St Mirren @ 11/10

Leverkusen @ 19/20

Juve to qualify @ 1/4

Obviously the Juve game got postponed so will it pay out or will I need to wait for the game to be replayed?

Had a ?5 bet on;

Hearts U20 (Taken at HT when 1-0 down) @ 24/5

St Mirren @ 11/10

Leverkusen @ 19/20

Juve to qualify @ 1/4

Obviously the Juve game got postponed so will it pay out or will I need to wait for the game to be replayed?

The game is due to be played tomorrow hopefully. If it is completed within 24 hours you have to wait. Thats what normally happens.

Everybody loves Baz

Have to wait.

Need the Turks to win for over ?400.

Seems Pellegrini didn't realise that winning 4-2 would have meant they topped the group. He thought they needed to score another 2 goals.

Seems Pellegrini didn't realise that winning 4-2 would have meant they topped the group. He thought they needed to score another 2 goals.

Absolutely unbelievable

just reminds me of last season when Bayern got beat 2-0 at home by Arsenal. They thought it was already over and turned off. Still went on to smash everyone though. Hopefully they go out asap this season though

Same here. It's a useful feather in City's cap, but I don't think it means anything more than that. Might've done if Bayern had blown the group leadership mind, but they didn't, so they'll be fine.

That's amazingly inept on his part. I think the head-to-head rule is a complete joke, but he surely ought to know about it by now?!

Just watch City draw Barca or Real now, while Bayern get someone like Olympiakos...

Happens to the best of them. Remember when Paulo got the boys to play it about at the back against 10 man St Johnstone in the Scottish Cup because he thought it went to extra time? :wub: Great times, precious memories :wub:

He said that they wanted to win the group but that other things were more important and that he wanted to take Silva off...getting the two goals would have been difficult. Said that if they had got the 4th goal then he would have put Aguero on.

Jamtarts-1874

poor on pellegrini's part if true, but you think someone would've mentioned it to him. Cant quite remember what he said but perhaps his english let him down and he meant to say too get the 4th goal i was thinking of putting aguero on instead of if we got the 4th. Probs a long shot that though

poor on pellegrini's part if true, but you think someone would've mentioned it to him. Cant quite remember what he said but perhaps his english let him down and he meant to say too get the 4th goal i was thinking of putting aguero on instead of if we got the 4th. Probs a long shot that though

I thought that when they replayed the interview, but then when he mentions that it would be difficult to get the 2 goals and, for me, that confirms that he didn't realise the true position.

Personally think Munich looked stronger and played a better style of fotball last season. This season Bayern look to have the usual Pepe weaknesses,system overly reliant on a couple of payers, pass the ball to death,work it too much at the edge of the 18yard box, cant adjust to counter teams that either park the bus on the goal line or that pushes on high up the pitch.

Archived