Pub/Club Name Changes Over the Years

CostaJambo

The Ferry Boat (i think) on Ferry Road changed its name every time somebody got murdered :laugh: is the pub still there?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Billy Dynamite

Used to take girls for the occasional drink at The Fountain about 10 years ago never seemed too bad when I was in.

The Ferry Boat (i think) on Ferry Road changed its name every time somebody got murdered :laugh: is the pub still there?

Yeah, still on the go

Boaby Prentice

Buster Brown

Bobby McGee's

Cinderella's

Pipers

Electric Circus

Were some of the clubs I frequented.

Some that I didn't

Fantasy Island

Valentino's

I honestly don't remember any of the names given. I was a devotee of the southside pubs, and the Market Bar Fountainbridge at Semple Street, the Fair Exchange. Canny Man on my nights at the Plaza.

Grassmarket, Cowgate especially no goes. Paiges Pub in Holyrood Road home of the rubbies amd meth drinkers. Harp Inn in Corstorphine when I lived in Clerwood, and the off Princes Street pubs when a young soldier on leave. Rose Street pubs if with someone visiting on holiday. I don't think was ever in Diggers and may have had a couple of pints in Campbells. After Hearts night games went with my friend to the Caledonian Brewery where his dad was the live on premises maintenance man. The brewer always left us a sample of his own special brew.

Nah - was never the Dundee Arms - that's only what the sign said! It was VIETNAM.

Go in laughing, come out in (need of) stitches!

Pretty sure The Hudson was the first name after converting the old post office??

I still think it was Biancos.

My mate did the Hudson out when it changed from being a post office.

AIUI There was a boozer at the front and the post office to the back and below (down the wee lane) the lot were amalgamated together.

Bianco's was a cracking boozer decor wise back in the day.

The Hudson (is it still that?) was/is the name of the hotel and the bar.

Biancos->Flares, was where the front door of the hotel and reception is, the Hudson Bar are was the post office.

Anyone remember The Falcon on Bruntsfield, now Montpeliers.

Allez Rossoneri - The World - Bon Vivant was the Thistle Bar and Cafe Le Monde

Bramble was also the Ablo Basement Bar at one time

Adam Murray - World?s End was Stansfield?s and before that the Nethergate Bar

Joe Gaudsen - McKenzie?s - Muirhouse Arms, Mutton Hole and The Village Inn

Falcon now Montpelliers was it the Kestrel Bar and Falcon Lounge - I seem to recall part of it becoming an Indian Restaurant

queensferryjambo

Cinderella's

Cinderella's was originally called Tiffany's then became Cinderella Rockafella's then finally Cinderella's. It burnt down in the late 80s early 90s right?

It was the first ever night club I went to (drinking well under age).

Falcon now Montpelliers was it the Kestrel Bar and Falcon Lounge - I seem to recall part of it becoming an Indian Restaurant

Ah, yes that's right Bombay mix on the bar in the Kestrel!

The Hudson (is it still that?) was/is the name of the hotel and the bar.

Biancos->Flares, was where the front door of the hotel and reception is, the Hudson Bar are was the post office.

Anyone remember The Falcon on Bruntsfield, now Montpeliers.

Wasn't that the one with the near vertical stairs down to the toilets?

Sheriff Fatman

I don't think I ever went to it when Napier ran it. That's interesting it was the Jaffa Cake then though, my mind playing tricks on me as I was thinking it was something else inbetween. I couldn't tell you before that, before my time.

Was it not Dillengers in the '80s and a weird Scaletrix bar for a while in the '90s?

Sheriff Fatman

Yes it was. Very odd idea.

I've got this weird recollection of a circus theme at one point too, but then the early '90s are pretty much a blur now.

Glancy's now Victor Paris.

I had to go to the toilets when I wasn't needing but by the time I got there I was bursting. It was like descending Everest.

Archived