Official JKB Tournament DARTS megathread

:shitwine:

The last couple of years has seen a big turnover at the top end of the PDC. The guys who had been top 16 for years have fallen away, Part, Mardle, Lloyd, Jenkins, Manley & Baxter.

They have been replaced by Van Gerwin, newton, Chisnell, Pipe, Whitlock, Wright, Huybrechts, etc.

They quite simply didn't improve as the standard got better and their game was no longer good enough to compete at the highest level.

A couple of players have upped their game to stay competitive, such as Hamilton, Thornton and as just witnessed, Caven.

In years gone by the likes of Wade and Barney could get to the last 8 without breaking sweat but this year they have been involved in tight games. Makes it more entertaining to watch.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kenny ******* Powers

This Michael Smith looks a bit of a player.

He does.

Blew that last set though. Taylor not playing well but still leading.

Slevinkelevra

He does.

Blew that last set though. Taylor not playing well but still leading.

taylor no playin great. If he gets through can see peter wright beating him

Kenny ******* Powers

2-2 now.

Even though I have Taylor in my works sweep I hope he gets smashed.

?10 is a small price to pay to see the arrogant prick get papped out.

Slevinkelevra

2-2 now.

Even though I have Taylor in my works sweep I hope he gets smashed.

?10 is a small price to pay to see the arrogant prick get papped out.

to quote kevin keegan, I would love it :-D it could happen if smith keeps his nerve. Taylor always got a habit of winning these type of games when he aint playin great

Kenny ******* Powers

to quote kevin keegan, I would love it :-D it could happen if smith keeps his nerve. Taylor always got a habit of winning these type of games when he aint playin great

He does mate.

Smith should be home and dry by now. Too many big doubles missed unfortunately.

Still can't see it happening.

He's shot mate.

Smith has him if he wants it enough.

And he throws a bag of nails :(

Anyone's game now.

Guaranteed Smith loses meekly in the next round. Very rare that anyone beats Taylor and goes on to win.

Slevinkelevra

Guaranteed Smith loses meekly in the next round. Very rare that anyone beats Taylor and goes on to win.

great news for snakebite wright!! He will beat smith in the next round

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I hope not.

Just a shame that MVG and Lewis are in the same half of the draw.

Taylor doesn't seem to have recovered from being blown away by MVG in the last TV event. He's been coasting all year and all of a sudden he got steamrollered from nowhere.

He played like a man who had lost his invincibility. It's not like he lost to a Lewis or MVG, although Smith played well he is in the grand scheme of things 'a nobody'. However, he now has the rest of the tournament to change that and really go on to make a name for himself. Or he could simply be another Kirk Shepherd.

Slevinkelevra

Dave clark to michael smith 'was it phil taylor who made you take up darts??smith 'no it was gary anderson' haha get that up ye phil. Walked off stage wi out signing the dart board like he usually does an wouldnt give an interview to sky either. Arrogant and a sore loser!

Dave clark to michael smith 'was it phil taylor who made you take up darts??smith 'no it was gary anderson' haha get that up ye phil. Walked off stage wi out signing the dart board like he usually does an wouldnt give an interview to sky either. Arrogant and a sore loser!

A 16 time champion sore loser........the best darts player there has ever been.

Always knocking the winners that's seems to be the way in this country.

Slevinkelevra

not knocking his achievments at all, and of course I agree he is the best darts player of all time. Even winners should be gracious in defeat though??. an possibly not mention at every opportunity how rich he is

Gavsy Van Gaverson

No, it is not about knocking a winner. It is about him being ungracious in defeat, he is a very bad loser. Loves getting beaten rivals to sign the board when he wins but won't do the same or give an interview when he loses.

The guy is a total ******.

Taylor is a bawbag, great news he's been emptied :pleasing:

Slevinkelevra

How come all they diddys are playing in the qualifiers and Ted isn't been given a shot?

didnt qualify, the diddys all qualified by winning or reaching the final of tour tournaments

didnt qualify, the diddys all qualified by winning or reaching the final of tour tournaments

I think Ted would possibly have won it if he was in it this year.

Archived