Levein and Eddie Thompson

Gigolo-Aunt

just heard on the radio - Dundee Utd plan to put in an official complaint - good stuff and well said Craig.

Excellent - this does need to be taken further. I am very proud of him having spoken out against the "system", and in the way he did too. Frankly, if it were me, I'd be heaving this up to UEFA level (asking them to appoint an independent review sort of thing) - I think Platini might be interested.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaun.lawson
606 at the moment is funny. A Jambo (Shaun?) is having an argument with some hun, cracking stuff

Yes, that was me. What an utter ned the Rangers fan was - apparently, Barry Ferguson is a "wholehearted player", and my complaint that he hasn't been booked once all season must mean I want "a non-contact sport"! LOL! Oh, and the United players were complaining about the refereeing decisions all game - of course they were! They were playing Rangers at Ibrox.

Honestly, you couldn't make it up...

Through thick and thin
just heard on the radio - Dundee Utd plan to put in an official complaint - good stuff and well said Craig.

Well done Craig and Eddie T. Stand up to the hun filth. :cool:

Lets all laugh when the rest of Scottish Football does feck all and the SFA hammer Utd for having the temerity to try and upset the applecart.

I know I will.

Tossers.

Lets all laugh when the rest of Scottish Football does feck all and the SFA hammer Utd for having the temerity to try and upset the applecart.

I know I will.

Tossers.

I understand your frustration but you are cutting off your nose to spite your face to an extent,now is the time for clubs to unite against this injustice ,not mock the afflicted,after all is that not what they done to us?

hearts @ heart

It wont happen but the SPL should only have foreign officals.

It's a joke.

The member clubs of the SPL should get together outside the OF and request this.

If the OF are as good as they think they are they should not have a problem with it!

No chance. The SFA would have to admit they are wrong for this to happen.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Or perhaps like the New York cop in the last few months of his job, he wants to keep his head down, not get himself into any danger. P***ing off OF fans is not advisable. He stops Rangers winning the league or cup through one of his decisions? - life would be very uncomfortable indeed after that for him and his family. He p***es off some Dundee United fans? - so what. So, he takes the easy route, errs on the comfortable side, makes sure of his future. Such is the way with Scottish referees.

That's sadly probably not far off the mark although today the ref/linesman went out of their way to help Rangers win.

Really shocking decisions and probably worse than the Andy Davis incident.

Nelly Terraces

Anyone listening to the rankers ***** on the radio 5 phone in? Sickening. Telliing CL to take a leaf out of Watler Smyths book in growing up. Incredible. These glory hunting james blunts really take the biccie.

Hopefully United will still get Europe....that way when Levein jumps ship on the eve of there campaign we can swoop for him.

maltese jambo
Radio Scotland now. Craig Levein has completely lost it and called Celtic Rangers and the SFA chats. Pure and simple cheats. It would appear 10 years of frustration has boiled over today after more than a few dodgy decisions at Ibrox today cost Dundee United a victory or a point against the Huns. Interesting to see that the pundits on Radio Scotland are backing Levein up. Now is not the time to be paranoid but when someone from Hearts questions things like we are called "whingers".

I for one back Levein to the hilt. Maybe now someone will stand up and take notice.

The only thing Real radio would have been trying to do was to provoke him to go further. No doubt their stance will soon change and turn on him.

The SFA will come down on him and Thompson like a ton of bricks.

davemclaren

Even Jim Traynor was supporting Levein tonight saying that too many decisions go the way of the old firm. It's ironic given the hard time he gave Hearts over the Miko incident. :confused:

I still believe that there is no intentional cheating by officials, they are just being swayed by the big crowds/clubs and the pressures they bring.

gordon the jambo
Hopefully United will still get Europe....that way when Levein jumps ship on the eve of there campaign we can swoop for him.

Those SFA tossers are destroying the game and seem quite proud of this I hate all SFA James Hunts with a passion :evilno:

Dundee United were cheated today, and Craig's coments were wholly accurate, but...

...they get absolutely no sympathy from me; none at all.

Our football has been corrupt for many, many years. When Hearts (Romanov) had the 'balls' to (quite rightly) question its integrity, the rest of Scottish Football stood aside and allowed Hearts to be shafted. And remember we were cheated in the New year game v celtic with diving maloney. It continues to happen and has happened again and again; tough titties as far as I'm concerned, DUFC and the likes should have spoken out in defence of Hearts when they had their chance - you reap what you sow.

That said I do agree that something must be done.

Spot on IMO.

After the whole daviesgate incident, i have little sympathy for other clubs trying to make a stand when they were all quite happy to stand aside and watch us get shafted. The only thing that I'm concerned with is Hearts having a good enough team to overcome the decisions that either go for the OF or against us in other games. The rest can stick it where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned.

The only person I have any sympathy for in this case is CL. He had to put up with it when he was with us and was one of the few people who has actually stood up to them (and won for that matter, given that they didn't pursue it) and I can understand his huge frustration that history is repeating itself, but the rest can get ******ed!

There'll be a bit of a stooshie about it and then we'll go back to the status quo and nothing will have changed. You only need to ask Hearts supporters much older than me to know that it's been going on since time immemorial. NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

Like I said above, all I want is a Hearts team that can overcome the bias. We had that a couple of years ago, but that's an argument for another thread!

Alba gu Brath

Well said CL. The descisions against DU today were unbelievable. Both the OF ugly sisters get these descisions. Hope other teams support Craig.

Virtually every other 'profession' has mechanisms for dealing with incompetence. Why not refs?

Dagger Is Back

Boo hoo boo hoo

Bunch of spineless *******s. Left us out to hang and dry and didn't have the balls or backbone to come out and support us.

**** them. Until the other clubs in this country get together and fight the corruption that exists then hell mend each and every one of us

Boo hoo boo hoo

Bunch of spineless *******s. Left us out to hang and dry and didn't have the balls or backbone to come out and support us.

**** them. Until the other clubs in this country get together and fight the corruption that exists then hell mend each and every one of us

Just what the OF and SFA would have wanted. Perhaps we should show that we're bigger than that?

Boo hoo boo hoo

Exactly. Not one of the other chairmen/managers came to our support after Davisgate. All the other clubs can affect the SFA/SPL Committees by voting on only those who will not be influenced by the ugly sisters although most of those on these committees know that if they don't vote the 'correct' way, their tenure will be short.

Smoked-Glass
Yet in its own way, this example perfectly illustrates that authorities the world over simply won't touch wealthy, powerful clubs. The offences occurred in 2003/4 - when Porto enjoyed the greatest season in their history, winning everything available to them, including the Champions League. So they are punished with a laughable six point penalty, which will have no impact on their massive lead in the title race, and the silverware they won that season is allowed to stand. Meanwhile, Boavista, a mid-ranking, much less important club, are demoted. Says it all, doesn't it?

And sure, Juventus were at least sent down to Serie B - but were back up within a year, and when Milan appealed their points deduction, they were allowed back into the CL: which they promptly won. In football, money talks, and cheats prosper.

Meanwhile, down south, there has been no mention whatsoever of the scandal that unfolded at Ibrox today, nor of Levein's comments. It's treated as significant only in that Rangers gained another three points in the title race. The attitude down here is precisely the same as that which pervades the Scottish media, SFA and referees: everyone outside the Old Firm does not matter. Were someone to phone up 606 tomorrow and articulate the never-ending disgrace of Scottish officialdom, they'll probably be given short shrift, and the lapidary words, "these things even out over a season".

Well, they don't - unless you're Rangers or Celtic, in which case you receive every dodgy decision going every single week! But nothing will be done. When Hearts questioned the integrity of Hugh Dallas and Andy Davis' decisions three years ago, it was the lead item on Five Live Sport that night; but astoundingly, not once was the incident itself even analysed, or Roddy Forsyth asked whether it really had been a penalty. Instead, we were decried and treated as an enemy of football for taking the stand that we had. Again, this says it all: no-one in authority questions or seeks to change things, because no-one cares about the poor bloody infantry, which in this case, every club outside the OF are. Clubs like Hearts or Dundee United are supposed to know our place - and woe betide us if we dare speak out about the nonsense we are forced to endure year after year after year.

Depressing reading but true

Even Jim Traynor was supporting Levein tonight saying that too many decisions go the way of the old firm. It's ironic given the hard time he gave Hearts over the Miko incident. :confused:

I still believe that there is no intentional cheating by officials, they are just being swayed by the big crowds/clubs and the pressures they bring.

Jesus Christ, please tell us just exactly what evidence you require:angry:

zicoinexile

I find all of this wailing and anguish quite amusing - only a couple of weeks ago you were all ridiculing me for suggesting that the Scottish Game was bent.

With love

Roman R :)

Out of interest, is Andy Davis still a linesman? Can't recall seeing him at a match in ages.

vegas-voss

Just heard the interview as i have been in my bed all day after doing nightshift.

Craig Levein what a guy.Absolutely the most amounts of Kudos i could ever give goes to you.And he is right he should nort give a toss about Rangers just like the rest of us should not.

SPL/SFA - They can't rearrange their fixtures but they can help out in other ways and RockyBalboa your right expect no decision tomorrow as they try to correct the wrongs today not for Utd of course but for the tic.

I find all of this wailing and anguish quite amusing - only a couple of weeks ago you were all ridiculing me for suggesting that the Scottish Game was bent.

With love

Roman R

Indeed - will the meeja call CL's comments ridiculous and unfounded?

vegas-voss

Did you here the difference in Chic Youngs interview.He was full of glee and joy when interviewing Smith and hardly asked him at all about the decisions in the game.

The Jambo Janny

Maybe every football fan who thinks there is a problem with our game should go onto the SFA website and fill out their views on the 'contact us' section at the very least bit would jam up there e-mails for a while. At best they might notice a lot of us are NOT huns or tims and care about the integrity of the game in Scotland

Good to hear Chic Young sounding so uncomfortable during the Levin/Thompson interview - just showed how unprofessional he is - a bit like all of BBC Glasgow fitba 'experts'.

heart & soul

Could only watch a half hour section of the game (Sultana) during which time D.U. had a nailed on pen turned down, the ref stopped play when D.U. won the ball and were about to go on the attack and Barry Fandan went down holding his face after a nothing challenge and every single decision benefitted the soap dodgers.

It was actually uncomfortable viewing. Corruption in Scottish football hit an all time high today. And CL is absolutely right when he asks "what's the point of turning up?"

Surely the SPL would be a far better league without the Vile Twins.

Let them have their own mini league where they can play each other every week and their retarded supporters can bait each other 'til their hearts are content.

Further more, make Mike McCurry the resident ref.

OFGTF.

Yet, when Vlad say's this, he's mocked by everyone.

Including Hearts supporters.

colinmaroon

McCurry was in no doubt that it was a penalty! He'd have to be blind not to see it!

He is not one of the incompetents!!! And so:

He either:

Bottled it!!!

or

Deliberately didn't give it because he's a bluenose!!!

Either way, it was a deliberate act of cheating Dundee Utd out of their due!!!

IT WAS BLATANT CHEATING!!!

colinmaroon

With love

I beg your pardon!!! What's with this "ALL"?

I've been crying "foul" for over 40 years!!!

I would suggest that we as neutrals in this match to some extent should all back Cl. now i haven't seen the game/incidents myself but have always found CL to be a man of integrity and for him to be so outraged surely must make people sit up and listen. I know it was hugely disappointing that nobody supported us of davisgate but that doesn't mena we should not support others out of spite two wrongs don't make a right and all that. I know also that the GFA et al will try and just swep this under the carpet as an irrelivance but that also doesn't mean we should give up and ignore it. as a small token I have used the SFA contact us option as suggested further up the thread and am in the process of trying to write a calm reasoned letter to sports editors ( sadly on about the 23rd draft and I just keep spiralling off into spitting bile)

If this was the French or Italian league it happened in there would be rioting on the streets of Paris/Rome right now. We havent enuff balls in this country to kick up a big enough fuss! That is the problem!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Yet, when Vlad say's this, he's mocked by everyone.

Including Hearts supporters.

That's true.

But, if Levein and Thompson had been systematically ripping the pesh out of their team for the past three years not as many people would be giving credence to what they're saying either.

davemclaren
[/i][/b]

Jesus Christ, please tell us just exactly what evidence you require:angry:

More than is currently available....obviously. ;)

unfortunately was working today so missed all the games so have just come in and read the posts. As much as i admire Levein and Thomson for making a stand against the Ref today and saying what everyone outside of the old firm already knows, they are on a hiding to nothing.

Wait and see next week that the pair of them will be charged and hauled before an Old Firm.....Eh....sorry i meant an SFA commitee to explain their actions. This will be followed by a massive fine so United will be signing even less players now!

You have to ask yourself, after all our games against the old firm teams, how many times do u see threads or posts regarding blatant cheating by the refs against us?

They go on about the importance of stamping out BIGITORY out of our game. Yes a disease which exists in the scottish game but again mainly with that pair of "BEST SUPPORTED TEAMS" in scotland. If you support at team out with them who actually gives a toss? The rest of us are more bothered about playing them on a level playing field and can only dream of a ref making a stand against them.

My point is that until the playing field is even before a ball is kicked at the start of next season, there should be an independant body formed to monitor all games next season and either Prove what we all know or shut us up!

So Mr Gordon "the blue nose" smith, get your finger out and prove to the decent and law abiding football fans, who just want to come to a game against your "BIG TWO" glasgow sides and see a fair game of football (and not have to listen to meaningless songs about the pope and king billy) and bring back some decency to our game.:evilno:

davemclaren
McCurry was in no doubt that it was a penalty! He'd have to be blind not to see it!

He is not one of the incompetents!!! And so:

He either:

Bottled it!!!

or

Deliberately didn't give it because he's a bluenose!!!

Either way, it was a deliberate act of cheating Dundee Utd out of their due!!!

IT WAS BLATANT CHEATING!!!

I haven't seen the particular incident but how can you say he was in no doubt it was a penalty given he didn't award it? :confused:

colinmaroon
I haven't seen the particular incident but how can you say he was in no doubt it was a penalty given he didn't award it? :confused:

Because he would have to have been totally blind to miss it!

He was not unsighted!

The only way he could have missed it was if the blue tint in his contacts perverted his view!!!

You can take it or leave it, but I have not one iota of doubt that he knew exactly what he was doing!!!

He is a cheat!!!

davemclaren
Because he would have to have been totally blind to miss it!

He was not unsighted!

The only way he could have missed it was if the blue tint in his contacts perverted his view!!!

You can take it or leave it, but I have not one iota of doubt that he knew exactly what he was doing!!!

He is a cheat!!!

You do seem pretty sure right enough. :P

Libertonian_II
Dundee United were cheated today, and Craig's coments were wholly accurate, but...

...they get absolutely no sympathy from me; none at all.

Our football has been corrupt for many, many years. When Hearts (Romanov) had the 'balls' to (quite rightly) question its integrity, the rest of Scottish Football stood aside and allowed Hearts to be shafted. And remember we were cheated in the New year game v celtic with diving maloney. It continues to happen and has happened again and again; tough titties as far as I'm concerned, DUFC and the likes should have spoken out in defence of Hearts when they had their chance - you reap what you sow.

That said I do agree that something must be done.

I'd agree with that. It's quite hypocritical the way some people are jumping on the CL bandwagon without mentioning that Romanov said the same things, got hammered financially without the same out-pouring of sympathy and laughable offers to share the fine

coppercrutch

I have been saying for almost 2 years that the game in Scotland is CORRUPT. Many have said that this is some sort of excuse to take the side of Vlad. That is bollocks. Vlad has been a ******. Referees have been a ******.

The Scottish game is corrupt. End of story.

I wonder how many people will call me 'deluded' today...........

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised or outraged by this. It has gone on for years and the non-OF teams have got no-one to blame but themselves. They have all failed to stand up for each other over the years, probably because they also benefitted from decision going the way of the OF.

We all know the Romanov's are head cases but the rest of Scottish Football were happy to ridicule their claims of unfair treatment. Let's be honest they all accept they can't match the OF so any decisions which made Hearts easier to compete against helps them. They can hardly be surprised when no one supports them when they're the victim.

SectionDJambo

I think the next few days will show just how much in control of the Scottish football media Murray is. In my opinion he has them completely under his wing, ready to back him up over almost anything. As long as it does not risk any backlash from the east side of Glasgow. I think this will blow over, especially since the only thing that the tabloids will be interested in now is the UEFA Cup Final.

Attention may swing to McCurry, rather than the effect that this will have over the title race, or less importantly for the media, the race for 3rd place. Referees in Scotland, contemptable though a lot of them are, are probably fearful of any after effects to them personally, of giving a game changing decision against either of the Uglies. This particularly applies in the type of situation that exists just now with all the controversy about extending the fixtures etc.. It is not that long ago that the SFA had to remove the home town of the referee from the programme information, due to attacks on referees homes. It has to be easier in a referee's mind to give a decision for the Uglies rather than risk the rath of their more extreme fans, especially when they know that the Scottish media will always side with any comment from the likes of Smith and Strachan about a referee. I don't think that we can under estimate this fear factor. Would you put your family and home at risk? In this respect, Scottish Football is corrupt, and it stems from the media as well as the SFA. Both will always side with the Old Firm in any dispute involving a so called "provincial club". The media are particularly bad as they print or air stories and opinions knowing full well that most of the thickos that support the Uglies will take it on hook, line and sinker, without thinking it through for themselves.

Because McCurry is due to retire, he may be hung out to dry, as he is now expendable, since he cannot influence anything else after this season. It would be impossible for even Dallas and McVicar to put him in charge of any further games involving Celtic or Rangers for the rest of this season. Even they can't be that stupid.

I would be surprised if the SFA went after Eddie Thompson, given his illness - that would not look good. And they know what happened the last time they went after Craig Levein. This part will be interesting.

In some respects, I am only glad that, due to our poor performances this season, we are not remotely involved in this. Vlad and Frail would already have been locked in stocks and having rotten veg thrown at them in George Square, had they said the same as Levein and Thompson have today.;)

Ron Atkinsons Microphone

Not read the whole thread so this has possibly been said before.

Every club had their chance to speak out after Davis at Tynecastle, they all bottled it and kept quiet.

They deserve everything they get for not backing us up, instead they laughed at us.

Every club bottled it that day, it's something I won't forget in a hurry. :mad:

With love

Hardly. The ridicule was for trying to blame Hearts terrible season on biased refereeing. It was a pathetic attempt at deflecting blame from an arrogant little sod whose word carries as much weight as his lunatic fathers ramblings.

Bootboy100

This is now beyond just plain impotence this is cheating.

I wonder if Donald MacVicar will have the balls to say his refs are plain imcompetent however I suspect he will say they were right and we got it wrong...........AGAIN!!!

Denny Crane
This is now beyond just plain impotence this is cheating.

I wonder if Donald MacVicar will have the balls to say his refs are plain imcompetent however I suspect he will say they were right and we got it wrong...........AGAIN!!!

McVicar will no doubt have McCurry knighted in the New Year's Honours List and say he's welcome to marry General Melchett's sister anytime he likes!

Imeantasong

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Levein-fury-as-ref-39bottles.4071441.jp

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Rangers-3--1-Dundee.4071422.jp

Got to say, these articles are even better, especially the top one.

Has a go at Cousin's headbutt and a punch by Broadfoot too.

Even Noel Hunt gets in on the act.

Well done CL. This is telling it true big style.

Archived