Levein and Eddie Thompson

Gigolo-Aunt

Well done Craig.

I read on Teletext that Levein had said his players were attacked. Noel Hunt got punched in the face and Lee Wilkie got head butted.

I take it 'Flaker' McCurry and his 'bluenosed' sidekicks 'missed' both incidents then. How surprising.

Anybody got any comments to make on this?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ray Winstone

Just listened to the full interview - its quite funny - Levein is of course quite right, it has been going on for years, and I love how Thomson keeps butting in and then insults chick.

alwaysthereinspirit
Pretty staggering words.

I agree with them but the SFA are going to have a field day with them.

Best thing to happen to Scottish football is today with Levein. I honestly believe that the tide is turning. No way can the GFA or media ignore it now.

colinmaroon
I read on Teletext that Levein had said his players were attacked. Noel Hunt got punched in the face and Lee Wilkie got head butted.

I take it 'Flaker' McCurry and his 'bluenosed' sidekicks 'missed' both incidents then. How surprising.

Anybody got any comments to make on this?

Cousin's headbut was as bad as what he got sent off for by a referee who was not a cheating, GFA referee!!!

Says it all!!!

Best thing to happen to Scottish football is today with Levein. I honestly believe that the tide is turning. No way can the GFA or media ignore it now.

I agree, but this is only going to have an effect if other managers, chairmen etc. support Craig and Eddie. If not, which I fear is more likely, they'll just receive a heavy fine and it will be the end of the story. All we need is one other manager/chairman combination to back them and the snowball will start rolling...

May I hereby publicly declare my love for Big Craigy. The man is a true legend.

Get it right up them Craig. You are too good for Scottish Football.

I agree, but this is only going to have an effect if other managers, chairmen etc. support Craig and Eddie. If not, which I fear is more likely, they'll just receive a heavy fine and it will be the end of the story. All we need is one other manager/chairman combination to back them and the snowball will start rolling...

couldn't agree more.

if we take the attitude of they never backed us, then things will never change. we really musty back CL up on this, and hopefully others will lend their voices to the battle.

On the BBC page where the interview is you can share the interview through stumbleupon, facebook, delicious etc etc.

I have shared it on stumbleupon, can other people spread the word via facebook etc.

Post links to the interview anywhere on football and sports forums you can.

The more worldwide interest this creates, the better.

Can someone work out how to save a copy of the interview in case some hun at the BBC decides to remove it??

Geoff Kilpatrick

Spot on CL. HMFC, from the fans to the board, should get right behind Dundee United.

Guest JamboRobbo
Scottish Football...

This your chance, this is your time.

You failed before when Hearts stood up and asked for support. Well here we are again. This is the final chance to expose the game in Scotland for everything that is wrong in the running of our sport!

Every team in the SPL should come out this weekend and support Dundee United.

I agree this is the time for us (and others) to stand up with utd and say - no more.

Each team complaining about their own injustices is pointless. Teams working might have a chance to make a difference imo.

just listened to the interview

10000000000 brownie points for CL coming out and saying it like it is. at least someone in scottish football has balls eh

ooh, i REALLY truly hope he gets back up from other managers & clubs across scotland. we cannot and should not let this carry on any further. blatant cheating, utter incompitence... whatever you want to call it, IS costing non OF teams money, he was spot on with that statement

gone yersel craigy!

Rudolf's Mate
Levein should take the hit and accept the inevitable fine for "bringing the game into disrepute".

And then every SPL club who wishes to make their displeasure obvious to the governing body, can go public in taking a share in paying the fine.

You have a very, very good idea! If all non old firm fans all sent in 1p stating their team and what it was for tghe publicity it would generate nationwide possibly worldwide would bring the heat on the SFA. Maybe Uefa, Fifa or the relevant governing body may even take notice.

Jambojohnnyboy

Craig sir. I salute you, you have the cojones to say these things regardless of the repurcusions. You have the opportunity to say these things and as a football fan, you speak for us all right now not just your team. We pay hard earned cash to come and watch our teams play, the least we should be able to hope for is an equal playing field where no team's position should be of any more importance than the other. Unfortunately you'll get hammered for speaking your mind and things will stay the same, they try to change so many things in Football that have no place in football, but the the rules on the park will always be one sided.

Does Mike McCurry qualify for a league winners medal should Rangers win the league?

Thats another MOM performance from him today.

He could be on for a double, after all, he MUST have been given a League Cup winners medal after his MOM performance in the semi against us......."Barry, BARRY, gi the baw a slap, then skelp it".

Today was just another example of how the bigot brothers are pandered to in this country. Sickening.

McCurry is bent beyond belief. Just how many Rangers games has he a) refereed and B) engineered this season?

Cheating ****bag and it is so utterly transparent to everyone.

If CL gets into another legal argument with the SFA I pray he takes them all the way this time. Spineless clubs who mocked us in our own difficulties with referees when we were (once) a threat should grow a spine and contribute to his legal fund.

Chad Sexington

Once the dust settles and the furore dies down, CL will get hammered by the GFA.

The weegie media will close ranks and anyone daring to suggest the game is corrupt will be laughed at or shouted down.

Sometimes I don't know why I bother turning up to watch football. The game here is bent as a 10 bob note.

Scottish Football...

This your chance, this is your time.

You failed before when Hearts stood up and asked for support. Well here we are again. This is the final chance to expose the game in Scotland for everything that is wrong in the running of our sport!

Every team in the SPL should come out this weekend and support Dundee United.

I appreciate the passion and emotion behind this, but I genuinely feel it's not as bad as it's made out to be. Aberdeen had a legit goal chopped off today against Well, so for me - it's an incompetancy thing, rather than an Old Firm bias thing.

I think we're clutching at straws if we blame refs for ANY of our mess this season.

Dundee United were cheated today, and Craig's coments were wholly accurate, but...

...they get absolutely no sympathy from me; none at all.

Our football has been corrupt for many, many years. When Hearts (Romanov) had the 'balls' to (quite rightly) question its integrity, the rest of Scottish Football stood aside and allowed Hearts to be shafted. And remember we were cheated in the New year game v celtic with diving maloney. It continues to happen and has happened again and again; tough titties as far as I'm concerned, DUFC and the likes should have spoken out in defence of Hearts when they had their chance - you reap what you sow.

That said I do agree that something must be done.

Jambojohnnyboy
Dundee United were cheated today, and Craig's coments were wholly accurate, but...

Our football has been corrupt for many, many years. When Hearts (Romanov) had the 'balls' to (quite rightly) question its integrity, the rest of Scottish Football stood aside and allowed Hearts to be shafted. And remember we were cheated in the New year game v celtic with diving maloney. It continues to happen and has happened again and again; tough titties as far as I'm concerned, DUFC and the likes should have spoken out in defence of Hearts when they had their chance - you reap what you sow.

The problem is Mr Romanov is seen as an outsider, he doesn't know the Scottish game, as seen by the Weegia and GFA, so why would they take him seriously. It's just a story and tomorrow's fish supper wrapper. Yeah that in itself is wrong but Craig coming out and saying this as one steeped in Scottish Football will be seen as even more shocking to those two but he should be applauded and backed for his actions. We had John Hughes coming out at the standard of scottish football Refs the other week. The fact that it's coming up more frequently should be setting alarms off.

Smoked-Glass

Yet again the old filth get all the breaks and It's only 3 years ago that we had the most obvious case of cheating we've ever witnessed with the Andy Davis disgrace!

What an embarrassment to people watching the games.

Spot on Levein with the comments.

Any one remember Billy Brown going off on one when killie had a goal chalked off against smeltic? "that's been going on for hundrens of years.."

Hate the infirm so much, love seeing them lose (even to hibs)

Once the dust settles and the furore dies down, CL will get hammered by the GFA.

The weegie media will close ranks and anyone daring to suggest the game is corrupt will be laughed at or shouted down.

Sometimes I don't know why I bother turning up to watch football. The game here is bent as a 10 bob note.

10 bob notes were legit. 9 bob notes were bent. ;)

Guest JamboRobbo

That is exactly the attitude that has left scottish football where it is.

Each team moaning about their own decisions, and being too spiteful to speak up for other teams when it happens to them.

If we take that attitude, we just perpetuate the situation, cause next time it happens ot us, Utd could take the same attitude you've talked about above - Hearts didn't help us, so why should we help them.

Each team moaning about their own decisions, and being too spiteful to speak up for other teams when it happens to them.

If we take that attitude, we just perpetuate the situation, cause next time it happens ot us, Utd could take the same attitude you've talked about above - Hearts didn't help us, so why should we help them.

Saved me typing it and typed it better. I totally agree.

ALL clubs need to stand.

Perhaps you should read my post again?

In summary I said DUFC get no sympathy from me, but (importantly) I agreed that something must be done.

Pretty clear to me.

The Wrinkly Ninja

Not quite so funny when it happens to you is it Craigy, and you Thompson.

Where were you and the rest of the countless bandwagon jumpers we'll now see when Hearts had a genuine case against Rangers and the SFA, nowhere. It only becomes a problem when it happens to you.

You reap what you sow ya dobbers.

:evilno:

Footballfirst

My challenge to the refs is to stand up for themselves and disassociate themselves from the crowd, the situation of the game, TV, newspapers and their own favourite teams and give decisions as they see them.

I'm certain that in the course of a game involving the old firm, refs look for a higher stanard of proof to give a decision against them than they do to give decisions against other teams.

This is purely down to the the pressure that they feel form the influencing factors I mentioned above.

Guest JamboRobbo

In summary I said DUFC get no sympathy from me, but (importantly) I agreed that something must be done.

Pretty clear to me.

Fair enough apologies if I read it wrong. I thought you were suggesting we shouldn't back them up on this cause they didn't back us up previously.

My point is, somone has to break the cycle....

Pretty clear to me.

Fair enough apologies if I read it wrong. I thought you were suggesting we shouldn't back them up on this cause they didn't back us up previously.

My point is, somone has to break the cycle....[/QUOTE]

I'd absolutely agree with that.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Not quite so funny when it happens to you is it Craigy, and you Thompson.

Where were you and the rest of the countless bandwagon jumpers we'll now see when Hearts had a genuine case against Rangers and the SFA, nowhere. It only becomes a problem when it happens to you.

You reap what you sow ya dobbers.

:evilno:

So what do you suggest?

Be bitter and let the Old Firm cheat just because we never got help?

I hope they don't ask for Frails opinion. He will probably come out and support the refs.

shaun.lawson
Interestingly, Boavista have just been demoted a division and Porto have been deducted 6 points for match fixing.

If it can happen in Portugal/Italy/England then it can happen in fecking Scotland.

Yet in its own way, this example perfectly illustrates that authorities the world over simply won't touch wealthy, powerful clubs. The offences occurred in 2003/4 - when Porto enjoyed the greatest season in their history, winning everything available to them, including the Champions League. So they are punished with a laughable six point penalty, which will have no impact on their massive lead in the title race, and the silverware they won that season is allowed to stand. Meanwhile, Boavista, a mid-ranking, much less important club, are demoted. Says it all, doesn't it?

And sure, Juventus were at least sent down to Serie B - but were back up within a year, and when Milan appealed their points deduction, they were allowed back into the CL: which they promptly won. In football, money talks, and cheats prosper.

Meanwhile, down south, there has been no mention whatsoever of the scandal that unfolded at Ibrox today, nor of Levein's comments. It's treated as significant only in that Rangers gained another three points in the title race. The attitude down here is precisely the same as that which pervades the Scottish media, SFA and referees: everyone outside the Old Firm does not matter. Were someone to phone up 606 tomorrow and articulate the never-ending disgrace of Scottish officialdom, they'll probably be given short shrift, and the lapidary words, "these things even out over a season".

Well, they don't - unless you're Rangers or Celtic, in which case you receive every dodgy decision going every single week! But nothing will be done. When Hearts questioned the integrity of Hugh Dallas and Andy Davis' decisions three years ago, it was the lead item on Five Live Sport that night; but astoundingly, not once was the incident itself even analysed, or Roddy Forsyth asked whether it really had been a penalty. Instead, we were decried and treated as an enemy of football for taking the stand that we had. Again, this says it all: no-one in authority questions or seeks to change things, because no-one cares about the poor bloody infantry, which in this case, every club outside the OF are. Clubs like Hearts or Dundee United are supposed to know our place - and woe betide us if we dare speak out about the nonsense we are forced to endure year after year after year.

Bazza the Ned has gone the entire league season without being yellow carded once.

That is all you need to know about Scottish football. Corrupt as it gets.

Why don't we set up a fund here on KB for his fine and let people contribute by paypal?

We could then encourage fans from other clubs to do the same, and get all the money together to present to him.

Its only funny if it happens to somebody else (ie US) it would appear.

Serves them right for sitting there pointing the finger when we were trying to get things sorted.

Through thick and thin

Saw Craig leveins full interview on sultana tv and agree 100% with what he said. Der Hun are cheating sc um and always have been. McCurry is a disgrace we all know that after the diddy cup semi final. What will be done by Gordhun Smith. SFA as usual. Hope Zenit humiliate the sc um on Wednesday. :mad:

McCurry retires at the end of the season doesn't he ?

A season of gifts to his team perhaps ?

Through thick and thin

If thats the case what a parting gift from the hun. :evilno:

well it looks lik e CL isn't going to be backed up by other clubs, Tangoman, the biggest hun in sheepland, when asked after the 'Well game what he thought he said "l think they were genuine mistakes"

Laughable in the extreme

super_vlad

sorry but **** levein, and **** united ! I don;t give a flying **** about the tosspots ! None of them had the balls to back us when we have being hard done by. CL has made serval cooments that it is a joke that we have question the refs so he can go to **** ! I'm sick nd tried of all of the other clubs who suck up to the old firm and have put sly digs into hearts every time we question the refs or the SPL ! No - one has ever backed us, but were more than happy that we dropped points so i ask you why should hearts support CL or United !

Or perhaps like the New York cop in the last few months of his job, he wants to keep his head down, not get himself into any danger. P***ing off OF fans is not advisable. He stops Rangers winning the league or cup through one of his decisions? - life would be very uncomfortable indeed after that for him and his family. He p***es off some Dundee United fans? - so what. So, he takes the easy route, errs on the comfortable side, makes sure of his future. Such is the way with Scottish referees.

That's possibly the most refreshing interview I've ever heard! Brilliant stuff from both of them, especially Levein. Behind him 100% - surely now is the time for everyone to publicly condemn these cheats - enough is enough.

Drew Busby !
Why don't we set up a fund here on KB for his fine and let people contribute by paypal?

We could then encourage fans from other clubs to do the same, and get all the money together to present to him.

Too hard to organise mate. Far easier and more telling if half-a-dozen brave-enough club chairman and managers all contributed a grand each to the fine. Thomson, Romanov ... Hughes, Jeffries/Brown, Mixu ...

There are others who have been shafted and raised their voices (Calderwood and McGhee) in the desperate rush of the last 2 weeks to make sure that Smellick get all the points they needed to close the gap. But in both their cases they're fundamentally too old-firm minded to lay it on the line.

Bordeaux 03

This will probably last untill Monday in the media then they will focus on the Uefa cup final and everything will be forgotten about.

I watched the Utd game today and it was the worst case of 'better not ****** the gers today' I'veEVER seen.

I was so proud of CL after the game, he's the type of guy we need in Scottish football.

He will be hammered for it but I've never seen a manager so angry after a game in my life.

uring the game he asked Mike McCurry if he should just take his players off as it was obvious there was no way, no matter how many goals they scored, that they'd win the game.

De Vries said 'sorry, sorry' to the huns defenders when he scored, and got booked for asking the linesman if it was ok he scored!

Brilliant.

I wish ur players and manager had that much heart.

Cousin headbutted again, and only saw yellow. Gers are ****.

Spot on with everything they say. With teams getting screwed over every single week, everyone has to come together and do something about it.

Scottish football is an absolute joke. Why should folk go to games when it's obvious what is going to happen?

I admit I was fuming that no-one backed us at the time of that cheat lino at Tynie when we played der hun.. However I feel that maybe we didn't make enough attempt to bring others onto our side...I am not saying it would have definitely changed things, but it MIGHT have.

However, I want to see a level playing field in this country so want to see us back up United here. I would like to think that as Jambos, we are above pettiness if its for the greater good.

Well done Craigy, quite right, Scottish football is cheating....refs have nae balls....and I couldn't give a toss if Tic or Gers are trying for a title.

606 at the moment is funny. A Jambo (Shaun?) is having an argument with some hun, cracking stuff

SoldierPalmer

just heard on the radio - Dundee Utd plan to put in an official complaint - good stuff and well said Craig.

Archived