Harling

Alan_R

Anyone ever Harled before?

any tips or pointers?

I know its a skill but I've gave it a bash before and it turned out ok. Just doing quite a visible wall this time so needs to look braw.

eddie fenwick

any tips or pointers?

I know its a skill but I've gave it a bash before and it turned out ok. Just doing quite a visible wall this time so needs to look braw.

im a plasterer but havnt really done much harling,get yoursel over to the plasterers forum and ask there,good helpful guys:cool:

any tips or pointers?

Save your time and your money Alan_R and get someone to do it. No disrespect but if it is going to be a visible wall then it will end up looking like a dogs dinner. Doing a wall is a fair bit different from doing little patches. However if you feel upto the job the i would get the bags of premixed mortar. That way at least you won't have different shades all over the wall as you mix different batches.

cheers guys. I know it can look a bit of a horror show if done badly. The walls not terribly big though so hoping I could just get away with it.

costs a fortune to get someone else in. If it was a big area like the house or garage Id obviously get the pros in.

Cambo_Jambo

The only thing I remember about harling is that they covered my primary school in it.

Imagine the scene, a massive amount of 7 year olds with horrific senses of balance, running about playing chases, one slip and your face is imediately fused with stupidly jaggedy walls. Many a tear has been shed!

The only thing I remember about harling is that they covered my primary school in it.

Imagine the scene, a massive amount of 7 year olds with horrific senses of balance, running about playing chases, one slip and your face is imediately fused with stupidly jaggedy walls. Many a tear has been shed!

Ha, I remember the pain. I also recall the evil concrete benches that I ran in to on many an occasion.

Cambo_Jambo

These thatngs and the incredibly intelligent people who decided to put gravel down on school play areas. Falling on slabs was painful but nothing compared to having to pick bits of stone out your knee. Always made that goal saving incredible lunging tackle harder to decide on!

Archived