what channel is game on tomorrow?

i8hibsh

Sorry for this thread as I know they are real nippy but I am in Dubrovnik now speaking to barman and he looked on his schedule and can't see it.

Gotta watch it. What UK channel is it on?

Cheers in advance, peace and mon the Hearts.

Sorry for this thread as I know they are real nippy but I am in Dubrovnik now speaking to barman and he looked on his schedule and can't see it.

ALBA mate.

maroonlegions

checked the tv listings for tomorrow and its got BBC ALBA"s coverage of our game scheduled to start at 7.40pm, so looks like its live...

Apologies for my double post i'm on my 10th cider.

Cider!! Get on the Karlovacko son. When in Rome and that.

Ianbairdhuggedme

Put Alba on and stick the radio on.

It's a bit disconcerting due to the time difference( a second or so) but it does the trick

It's a bit disconcerting due to the time difference( a second or so) but it does the trick

Think i will give that a go

i was sure it was on btsport but its not :(

If u have sky or v + box pause the live game for a second or so then you should be in time with the radio. Job done

Gorgie_Rules

Any logical reason why the commentary is in gaelic? Surely all those that speak gaelic speak english aswell and would appeal to a larger audience if in english? Don't mean to sound ignorant just wondering if there is a reason for it

Any logical reason why the commentary is in gaelic? Surely all those that speak gaelic speak english aswell and would appeal to a larger audience if in english? Don't mean to sound ignorant just wondering if there is a reason for it

BBC Alba is a Gaelic language channel.

It does seem strange that they can't also screen it on BBC Scotland at the same time though.

rossthejambo

I prefer it in Gaelic, no idea what they're saying so won't get annoyed with their ill informed comments, if they make any.

If u have sky or v + box pause the live game for a second or so then you should be in time with the radio. Job done

Genius!! Was gonna take the wife to the pictures the morra night but I think il be too tired!! Fitba it is!!

I like it when the mention something which is the same in both languages.

<Gaelic words>....Real Madrid....<Gaelic words>.....Csaba Laszlo....<Galeic words>

Son Of Anarchy

Why the hell should a gaelic channel do commentary in english? Kinda defeats its purpose doesnt it? Its purpose,incidentally,is to bring our beautiful native language to the greater populus in the hope that more people will learn it and thus keep it alive.

scott herbertson

Why the hell should a gaelic channel do commentary in english? Kinda defeats its purpose doesnt it? Its purpose,incidentally,is to bring our beautiful native language to the greater populus in the hope that more people will learn it and thus keep it alive.

I prefer the commentary in Gaelic

Can't understand a word of it but it is 100% better than some weegie shite slavering on about rangers and celtics next match

I'm not sure the language is native to lowland scots.

is that what Alan Brazil was talking during the Scotland game? Or was it just pish?

Son Of Anarchy

is that what Alan Brazil was talking during the Scotland game? Or was it just pish?

If he had his massive bloated humungous celtic head on id guess it was the latter.

Gaelic is widely accepted as being Scotlands native tongue,dont get all regionalist on me. All im saying is expect gaelic on a gaelic channel.

Totally agree Mr Herbertson.i speak both weegie and a little gaelic.hate the former,love the latter.

Son Of Anarchy

Back on topic. Thanks for pointing out bbc Alba is on virgin ch 188. Id forgotten we get it so can record it now.

Oh thank u

Thought i was only one! He was horrific! Absolute felt for Derek Rae being lumped with him.

Was like brazil was on a loop, repeated exact same thing every few mins just changed the players name.

Wasnt like he was stating the obvious either 'walcott is really quick need to watch his pace'

On another note

I dont mind Alba it shows the full game so works for me.

Does anyone remember sevco fans writing in to complain that their game (i think was a ramsdens cup last season) was gaelic commentary? Fuds

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I like it when the mention something which is the same in both languages.

<Gaelic words>....Real Madrid....<Gaelic words>.....Csaba Laszlo....<Galeic words>

for some reason always found it hilarious when they said "David Templeton" amongst the Gaelic words

Rudolf's Mate

BBC Alba is a Scottish Gaelic language digital television channel jointly owned by the BBC and MG Alba. The channel was launched on 19 September 2008 and is on-air for up to seven hours a day. The name Alba is the Scottish Gaelic name for Scotland. The station is unique in that it is the first channel to be delivered under a BBC licence by a partnership and is also the first multi-genre channel to come entirely from Scotland with almost all of its programmes made in Scotland.[3][4][5]

The channel is available in Scotland via Freeview,[6] and throughout the UK on Sky, Freesat, Virgin Media and online through the BBC iPlayer service. BBC Alba has an average viewership of 637,000 adults over the age of 16 in Scotland each week.[7] BBC Alba got 4.1 million views on BBC iPlayer between 2012-2013. [7]

The above figures show its successful.

Pronunciation - Gaylick or Gahlick?

Gahlick.

Good tip earlier in the thread about pausing the TV and listening to the radio commentary when they sync.

I think they should do sub-titles for the as live broadcasts of the games, obviously not possible for the live matches but don't see why not for the delayed transmission ones.

Tommy Walker

Gahlick.

Good tip earlier in the thread about pausing the TV and listening to the radio commentary when they sync.

I think they should do sub-titles for the as live broadcasts of the games, obviously not possible for the live matches but don't see why not for the delayed transmission ones.

Actually it's 'garlic' to keep the bloodsuckers (individual's definition) away'

C'mon the Hearts

TW

"Gaylic" is irish "Gahlic" is scots.

This is the conclusion we came to at work last week when we had a "discussion" about it.

Optimus Prime

Does anybody know how you get Radio Scotland MW on the Iphone/Ipad? The internet streams for Radio Scotland are FM only. Fancy watching the game with the radio commentary.

Mr God Awful Ugly

Don't think your pausing the TV to let the radio commentary catch up plan will necessarily work

Most times the TV has a bigger delay than the radio

Mr God Awful Ugly

Don't think your pausing the TV to let the radio commentary catch up plan will necessarily work

Most times the TV has a bigger delay than the radio

it"s on-Sealbh math dhuit Ciamar a tha fhada bho nach fhaca mi thu Tha mi toilichte ur coinneachadh Bidh mi 'gad fhaicinn Sl?inte mhor a h-uile l? a chi 's nach fhaic An urrainn dhut bruidhinn n?s maille....Translation- Alba

Archived