Thistle fans confident

Maroon Sailor

Guest Bilel Mohsni

We will win home and away. I enjoy the myth that we are a shite team, it works to put opposition teams on the wrong foot. Just between us though... we are not the worst team in the league. :lol:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watt-Zeefuik

We will win home and away. I enjoy the myth that we are a shite team, it works to put opposition teams on the wrong foot. Just between us though... we are not the worst team in the league. :lol:

We are certainly better than at least four other teams. I just hope we're 15 points better than one or two of them.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

We are certainly better than at least four other teams. I just hope we're 15 points better than one or two of them.

Top six without the 15 point penalty, IMO. :smug:

You watching the Scotland game tonight?

Thistle have every right to be confident. They have picked up 4 points from 6 and are playing at home.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Thistle have every right to be confident. They have picked up 4 points from 6 and are playing at home.

Absolutely, and the more confident the better, imo. Were you not pretty pessimistic that we would have won a game by now?

Gregory House M.D.

Can't believe he is still getting bites :vrface:

Absolutely, and the more confident the better, imo. Were you not pretty pessimistic that we would have won a game by now?

Nope, sorry.

Hibs was always the one to look at. Oddly enough, Thistle was for me the real tricky one in the early game pack. More so after their excellen start. If they win, its 7 points out of 9.

rossthejambo

And unbeaten in 22 league games (I think). I realise its a WUM from those cards on P&B but they should really be confident.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Nope, sorry.

Hibs was always the one to look at. Oddly enough, Thistle was for me the real tricky one in the early game pack. More so after their excellen start. If they win, its 7 points out of 9.

Probably agree actually. However, I think we will beat Thistle.

And unbeaten in 22 league games (I think). I realise its a WUM from those cards on P&B but they should really be confident.

22 league games in a row is bloody good form. They know the feeling after games of not getting beat. That will change soon enough, hopefully its Friday.

Right.

Glasgow is full of the unclean brigade of the Old Firm.

Supporting Partick Thistle to me is like a protest move.

The Old Firm fans stink of Ginger (Juice) and vinegar.

That maybe makes other vulnerable fans to rebel to better ideas.

The fans who support Partick Thistle think they are intelectual and above the Stinky duo.

They may have a goatie,and love Greek Mythology,but they are deluded.

They are the same as the tramps.

Weegie to the core,and disgrace the Nation.

Hearts could play Barcelona tomorrow and you'd find threads on here about how we're gonna beat them.

Every team's set of fans has people confident of the win.

I'm glad of Partick in the league this year.

Hopefully us and Partick can relegate Hibs or St Mirren :)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hearts could play Barcelona tomorrow and you'd find threads on here about how we're gonna beat them.

Every team's set of fans has people confident of the win.

I'm glad of Partick in the league this year.

Hopefully us and Partick can relegate Hibs or St Mirren :)

Equally, we could.play Albion Rovers tomorrow, and you'd find threads on here writing us off.

Guest C00l K1d

Aye a few of them are at the wind up but there are posters on there who reckon they'll beat us comfortably.

Or will it be a case of they realise they've been a ###### but they'll say they're "trolling"

Hope we burst their bubble they are just an irratating bunch of ******s who were too scared to support either of the ugly sisters.they spend most of the game looking at and trying to wind up oppostion fans - they probably missed their 4 goals on saturday - plastic whistle sums them up

Im the same, feckin hate no marks shouting the odds when they`ve done feck all to merit doing so.............Partick Thistle think they are some sort of big club but theyare far from it.

Hope we find our shooting boots in time for Friday and burst their bubble.......fickin mouthpieces.

Tell you what & I admit that this is " on paper" but I read an article the other week about the close season signings that Partick had made and outside of Celtic they are probably the best signings of any club in the SPL. To get a former Barcelona U21 captain is a coup in itself that we would have been excited about.

A draw at Firhill this week will be a good result for us, a win would be tremendous.

Marooned In Oz

Can't believe anyone could read that & take it seriously. :lol:

He's obviously talking tongue in cheek.

Some people on this board just can't wait to get angry at something/someone. Sad really.

Ron Burgundy

The 1-0 scoreline will be more of a friend. 3 points are huge for us this season. 0-0's won't make much inroads in to the deficit.

True but a draw stops the team we're playing from jumping another 3 points ahead.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Tell you what & I admit that this is " on paper" but I read an article the other week about the close season signings that Partick had made and outside of Celtic they are probably the best signings of any club in the SPL. To get a former Barcelona U21 captain is a coup in itself that we would have been excited about.

A draw at Firhill this week will be a good result for us, a win would be tremendous.

Juanjo played for Barcelona once and he wasn't exactly brilliant was he?

Juanjo played for Barcelona once and he wasn't exactly brilliant was he?

Wasn't there captain either but he was good enough for both Scottish & English football

The odds are against us but they are always against us these days.

Quietly confident we will win - possibly with a wee bit to spare.

Much as I like them, it's Partick Thistle we're playing. Not exactly Mt Everest to overcome.

2-0 sounds about right.

Wish I could be so confident about our city rivals but I think a thrashing there is on the cards.

Every club will be confident against us this season, well at least until we've made sufficient in roads into the deficit.

On the game? 1-1 I reckon.

loveofthegame

No excuses. Looking at their team on paper, it is poor.

Captained by a a Hibs reject (who will hopefully get himself sent off), a boy in the middle who was playing for Edinburgh uni 1 1/2 years ago in the EoS league, Balatoni at the back who was deemed surplus to requirements with us, etc.

I am going there on Fri fully expecting a win. We have some tough fixtures coming up - we need to pick up 3 points tomorrow.

No excuses. Looking at their team on paper, it is poor.

Captained by a a Hibs reject (who will hopefully get himself sent off), a boy in the middle who was playing for Edinburgh uni 1 1/2 years ago in the EoS league, Balatoni at the back who was deemed surplus to requirements with us, etc.

I am going there on Fri fully expecting a win. We have some tough fixtures coming up - we need to pick up 3 points tomorrow.

at the time he was with us, yeah surplus but now, he would be one of the 1st down on the team sheet.

lets hope the boy playing at a the lower level isnae as good as davie weir or even worse, ian wright.

our lack of a goal threat and an inconsistent bunch of laddies will make every game this season difficult and fans putting on the pressure expecting us to win all the time aint gonna help.

just get behind them without getting all humpty/scarf throwing if it doesnt go as you want.

Maroon Sailor

Picked up my ticket fom Tynie this morning. Hopefully the FOH news as preferred bidder can put a bit of added spice in to the players.

Definitely have to go for it tomorrow night

Gregory House M.D.

Three times I've pointed out that they're trolling and some on here are still shaking with rage. Unbelievable.

loveofthegame

at the time he was with us, yeah surplus but now, he would be one of the 1st down on the team sheet.

lets hope the boy playing at a the lower level isnae as good as davie weir or even worse, ian wright.

our lack of a goal threat and an inconsistent bunch of laddies will make every game this season difficult and fans putting on the pressure expecting us to win all the time aint gonna help.

just get behind them without getting all humpty/scarf throwing if it doesnt go as you want.

OK thanks Mum, will do.

Hi guys, I'm a thistle supporter, but I come in peace! Just thought I'd come on to let you know that not all thistle fans are thinking like that tube on the pie & bovril. We're not daft, the VAST majority of fans aren't getting ahead of themselves, as many of you have pointed out, we've only won 1 game out of 2. Don't get me wrong, we have a fantastic team at thistle just now (I'd say the best in 40 years) and a 22 match unbeaten streak is superb and says a lot, but we all know that this is a different level and we are all very prepared for defeats (except the few who are clearly getting carried away)

However, I genuinely do not think we will be in danger of relegation, and not just because of hearts unfortunate circumstance. We are playing a different class of football that hasn't been seen at firhill for years and we are very fortunate to have a really talented team with young players that have been playing together for 5+ years. Honestly think that as long as we keep playing as well as we have been we will be in no danger.

The Jags fans are really geared up for Friday for what I'm sure will be a tough game, especially considering hearts also have many young players looking to really fight for a win. Hope you manage to bring a healthy away crowd (which I'm sure you will) especially since hearts will benefit more with this ?1 thing. But by no means are thistle fans feeling overly cocky, we just have faith in what has been a fantastic team. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

P.s. It is absolutely mental to slag thistle supporters for NOT supporting celtic or rangers but.

The People's Chimp

P.s. It is absolutely mental to slag thistle supporters for NOT supporting celtic or rangers but.

Don't let the drivel of one utter cretin let you think anyone else thinks that. :lol:

Don't let the drivel of one utter cretin let you think anyone else thinks that. :lol:

That's basically my point summed up about overly confident thistle fans haha

Hi guys, I'm a thistle supporter, but I come in peace! Just thought I'd come on to let you know that not all thistle fans are thinking like that tube on the pie & bovril. We're not daft, the VAST majority of fans aren't getting ahead of themselves, as many of you have pointed out, we've only won 1 game out of 2. Don't get me wrong, we have a fantastic team at thistle just now (I'd say the best in 40 years) and a 22 match unbeaten streak is superb and says a lot, but we all know that this is a different level and we are all very prepared for defeats (except the few who are clearly getting carried away)

However, I genuinely do not think we will be in danger of relegation, and not just because of hearts unfortunate circumstance. We are playing a different class of football that hasn't been seen at firhill for years and we are very fortunate to have a really talented team with young players that have been playing together for 5+ years. Honestly think that as long as we keep playing as well as we have been we will be in no danger.

The Jags fans are really geared up for Friday for what I'm sure will be a tough game, especially considering hearts also have many young players looking to really fight for a win. Hope you manage to bring a healthy away crowd (which I'm sure you will) especially since hearts will benefit more with this ?1 thing. But by no means are thistle fans feeling overly cocky, we just have faith in what has been a fantastic team. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

How's young Sean Welsh been playing? This game will test his temperament - him and a few of the Hearts lads have a bit of history.

Who's to say they won't do a Ross County? Plenty of relegation fodder this year imo.

Which is a problem for us. Would be much better if there was one scapegoat like Dundee last year

You get a fairly big advantage by playing your games at altitude.

I'd like to wish Thistle well though I'll take us catching anyone. No supporting Rangers or Celtic makes you alright in my book.

loveofthegame

I've got a hell of a lot more respect for a Partick fan than any fan of the OF mate.

Looking forward to tomorrow night too - as I've already said, it is another cup final for us in a season of cup finals.

Hopefully with it being a Friday night there'll be a cracking atmosphere from both sets of fans, and we'll hopefully stuff you :)

We_are_the_Hearts

How's young Sean Welsh been playing? This game will test his temperament - him and a few of the Hearts lads have a bit of history.

Seen the tosser swinging punches at Hearts fans at one of the derbies in Easter Road last year...

loveofthegame

Seen the tosser swinging punches at Hearts fans at one of the derbies in Easter Road last year...

Yep he is a well-known Hibee welt. A bampot. Hopefully he gets himself sent off.

He's got off to a magic start. Last season he was great (as we're all the players to be honest) but certainly in the pre season and the games we've played so far he's really stood out. Not sure if it's confidence with being captain or what but he's been very quick and being getting into great positions. Big Balatoni was one of yours wasn't he? He's really stepped up and is solid at the back (hopefully that won't be tested on Friday though)

I've got a hell of a lot more respect for a Partick fan than any fan of the OF mate.

Looking forward to tomorrow night too - as I've already said, it is another cup final for us in a season of cup finals.

Hopefully with it being a Friday night there'll be a cracking atmosphere from both sets of fans, and we'll hopefully stuff you :)

This is exactly where I am!

I was looking at the league table earlier and thinking it'd be nice if HIbs or St Mirren were the ones to save us. Quite like Ross County, same Thistle, and Magic J is at Killie. But then I re-evaluated and decided I don't really give a shit who it is, as long as we're safe!

Welcome to the board, Thistle Fan person. We've got a few pets from other teams on here and they by and large get on fine! You'll soon learn who to ignore for various reasons (incl me, probably)

Hope we spank you on Friday. Hope you spank Hibs when you play them. Deal?

Welcome to the board, Thistle Fan person. We've got a few pets from other teams on here and they by and large get on fine! You'll soon learn who to ignore for various reasons (incl me, probably)

Hope we spank you on Friday. Hope you spank Hibs when you play them. Deal?

Haha cheers. If Dundee Unt get a tanking in there somewhere, aye you've got a deal ;)

mahgrassyshoes

That was an absolutely cracking post... until the last word :lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Always had a grudging respect for fans of your club. It says a lot about a weegie who doesn't just jump on the OF band wagon. :thumbsup:

Good to hear your faith in your team. I feel similar faith in our team right now. Hearts also have a group of players who have played together for years... difference is, our boys did it at a lower level, our boys came through the academy together, while your lot were in one of the closest fought and toughest playing environments imaginable, the very difficult Scottish First Division.

I have faith in our young bucks, they can go on to be legends, but I also respect the team that you support. Thistle are the culmination of failed promotion attempts and rebuilding, both with vets and kids. I don't think you will be relegated.

I think we will draw, or it will be a one goal win for either side.

Best of wishes.

Archived