Thistle fans confident

Maroon Sailor

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after the start they've had and our plight, they have every right to be confident, cant see us scoring 4 against Ross Co or anybody else for that matter. scraping 0-0 draws away will be our goal for this season

Fxxx the SPFL

three games in five days for some of the youngsters it's a big ask but hey they are young.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Won 2 SPFL games and think they can start calling anyone else diddies.

They make Hibernian look sensible and grounded.

They are in form - i'll give them that, but to call us diddies is just arrogance and delusion in the extreme.

Guest C00l K1d

Pretty much all teams are going to fancy their chances against us.

The time will come when we rise out of this, stronger than before and put the genuine 'diddy' clubs in their place

Alwaysinourshadows

They are in form - i'll give them that, but to call us diddies is just arrogance and delusion in the extreme.

They've only won 1 and drew against Dundee utd

Watched them last season at home to Raith, they won but Raith were the better team, wasn't that impressed, they will probably still beat us mind as we are s*ite away from home.

They've only won 1 game.

Prince Buaben

Pretty much all teams are going to fancy their chances against us.

The time will come when we rise out of this, stronger than before and put the genuine 'diddy' clubs in their place

This :thumbsup:

manaliveits105

Hope we burst their bubble they are just an irratating bunch of ******s who were too scared to support either of the ugly sisters.they spend most of the game looking at and trying to wind up oppostion fans - they probably missed their 4 goals on saturday - plastic whistle sums them up

Maroon Sailor

What their fans think will have zero bearing on the game itself.

Why not ?

What about the feel good factor ?

Had a decent start but they will still be in and around the bottom when the nitty gritty end to the season stuff comes.

Hope we burst their bubble they are just an irratating bunch of ******s who were too scared to support either of the ugly sisters.they spend most of the game looking at and trying to wind up oppostion fans - they probably missed their 4 goals on saturday - plastic whistle sums them up

Are you criticising them for not supporting the Old Firm?

The People's Chimp
Home games against diddies like Hearts, Hibs, Killie and St Mirren will be an absolute stroll in the park.

Thistle by at least 2 goals and top of the league.

:wow:

Incredible.

Why not ?

What about the feel good factor ?

Feel good factor should bring a better atmosphere however fans typing on an internet forum that they are going to win the game will haze zero impact on the game.

18Jambo_dave74

No reason why they shouldn't feel confident. Played well in their first two games by all accounts and at home against a youthfull and unexperienced side who struggle to create chances. Plus our away record since Jefferies has been pretty shocking.

I'd much rather teams underestimated us anyway.

Franklin Delano Bluth

I stand corrected, they only won 1 game. Shows how much I care about their diddy club B)

Maroon Sailor

I stand corrected, they only won 1 game. Shows how much I care about their diddy club B)

They beat Ayr in the league cup

God knows how that Thistle fans describes teams like Ayr

Slagging people for choosing not to support one of the arse cheeks. Unbelievable.

queensferryjambo

Partick should be confident - they have had a good start and our players will have played 3 games in 6 days.

They have looked ok both their matches. I really only think the league strugglers will be us, Ross County and H1b5 this season.

Saying that I still think we will get a result on Friday night.

We_are_the_Hearts

Partick should be confident - they have had a good start and our players will have played 3 games in 6 days.

They have looked ok both their matches. I really only think the league strugglers will be us, Ross County and H1b5 this season.

2 of our players will have played 3 games in 6 days, both of them defenders. NO EXCUSES

queensferryjambo

2 of our players will have played 3 games in 6 days, both of them defenders. NO EXCUSES

I wasn't making excuses. I think we will get a result.

I thought we had 11 players away with the different Scotland set ups - under 21's, 19's and 17s - did only 2 get a game?

We_are_the_Hearts

I wasn't making excuses. I think we will get a result.

I thought we had 11 players away with the different Scotland set ups - under 21's, 19's and 17s - did only 2 get a game?

McGhee and King played for the U19s I think but they won't start on Friday.

queensferryjambo

McGhee and King played for the U19s I think but they won't start on Friday.

Oh ok cool. I just saw that Smith and Holt only made subs appearances for the under 21s as well.

Seymour M Hersh

Had a decent start but they will still be in and around the bottom when the nitty gritty end to the season stuff comes.

Who's to say they won't do a Ross County? Plenty of relegation fodder this year imo.

BRAVEHEART1874

0-0 we may not be scoring lots of goals but we are playing good enough defensively and 1 point gained on st Mirren hibs or Ross county is better than zilch ;)

The Treasurer

Would add St midden and possibly Killie as bottom 6 teams that we should be "targeting"

Jambof3tornado

0-0 we may not be scoring lots of goals but we are playing good enough defensively and 1 point gained on st Mirren hibs or Ross county is better than zilch ;)

I said weeks ago the nil nil scoreline will be our friend this season, especially away from home.

Maroon Sailor

I said weeks ago the nil nil scoreline will be our friend this season, especially away from home.

The 1-0 scoreline will be more of a friend. 3 points are huge for us this season. 0-0's won't make much inroads in to the deficit.

kylelauren01

Hearts are 2-1 on the Skybet coupon - I think that's pretty decent odds. Might have a wee nibble at that. Watched the Ross County highlights and Partick hit them on the break but County were all over the place. I fancy our defence will do a better job against them.

Guest C00l K1d

Just checked the p&b thread jesus christ.

They do realise theres a reason theyve been playing first division football?

"Routine win" etc etc.. didnt dundee start of promising last season?

Watt-Zeefuik

Just watching two games this season, Partick-Arabs and the derby, Partick were probably the best of those four, and probably deserved the win against Utd. Not saying they'll keep that up, but if they do keep playing like this they're could end up above the split. They look a lot more like last year's Ross than last year's Dundee.

I'm hoping for a win this weekend but will be happy with a point.

Partick will definitely be relegation candidates in april despite a decent start. 1-0 Hearts Walker.

glastonbury jambo

once partick lose i predict they will go into freefall......who better to put them on there way than us....1-0 hearts

Chaka Demus & pliers

These P&B Jags are getting bites all over the shop :lol:

A lot of people do seem to be taking what they say seriously!! :lol:

Reminds me a bit of Liverpool fans reading KB when we were saying we were going to stroll our tie v them.

Whoosh

Obviously the Thistle fans sense of irony has managed to elude some people. I will definitely be taking this seriously though.

I haven't read the comments on P&B, but it sounds like internet bravado from the Thistle fans. That's easy to do and it means nothing.

I think lots of fans will underestimate us, especially at the start of the season. Hopefully our young lads will get stronger as they gain confidence. But we definitely need to win a few games away from home if we are to avoid the drop, and our away form in recent years has been poor. Friday would be a wonderful time to pick up 3 points. Another win by Hearts this early in the season would scare the crap out of Hibs and St. Mirren.

Gregory House M.D.

Fishing Trip Status: Successful.

He's gonna need a bigger boat.

Punks No Deid

I haven't read the comments on P&B, but it sounds like internet bravado from the Thistle fans. That's easy to do and it means nothing.

I think lots of fans will underestimate us, especially at the start of the season. Hopefully our young lads will get stronger as they gain confidence. But we definitely need to win a few games away from home if we are to avoid the drop, and our away form in recent years has been poor. Friday would be a wonderful time to pick up 3 points. Another win by Hearts this early in the season would scare the crap out of Hibs and St. Mirren.

:spoton:

Archived