Aberdeen - Anyone know much about it?

RoyCropper

chester copperpot
Yeah you will be close to the city centre.

Live up in Aberdeen.

Lots of places to go on a night out, if you like them young, Friday night @ Priory is a shout;)

Who are ye, who are ye, who are ye?

BANNED.

Legend Claws
Any pictures of you sister? ;)

Yeah there are plenty photos of my sister, she has been getting her picture taken all of her life.

Dunno what sort of music you are in to but Snafu is supposed to be a good club if you like things a bit less commercial and hosts a quality house night on Saturdays.

Don't know if you've got a bird, but if not then the normal courtship ritual in Aberdeen consists of going up to her dad's croft to ask for his permission to take her out for a drive in your tractor first. You will be examined thoroughly to ensure that you are an independent man of means who owns at least one flock of sheep and three bullocks, preferrably more. Following on from that, you just have to play things by ear, but brides are usually judged by their capacity for carrying livestock around without complaining.

If you want her dad's permission to make your move, make sure and don't tell him anything controversial - for instance, don't mention it if you like the Beatles or Elvis Presley. This is commonly seen in Aberdeen as the devil's music, and will at the very least see you become a social outcast. It's more likely that your house will be stormed by an angry mob with torches and pitchforks.

I believe that the most fashionable item of clothing in Aberdeen at the moment is a check shirt, straight from London. It's what all the young go getters are wearing.

:blahblah:

Aberdeen's fine.

Yes, Holburn Street is very close to the centre of town, and the shops.

(Yes it is a long street, so that will depend exactly on what end you are at).

Night life is pretty good, with a few nice bars/clubs.

It's a while since I've been out in town (family man now!), but I believe Belmont Street is still the place to go...

If you are single, there are always a very good sprinkling of gorgeous females going about - especially the students!

People are friendlier than you think...

I stayed in Aberdeen for uni few years back and loved it (and still miss it). Go down as much as I can, great night life just a stagger along Belmont Street and some good clubs dotted about all just off Union Street. Holburn Street was where we used to meet the Aberdeen Hearts supporters - cant mind name of pub but near top of Holburn St. You will enjoy Aberdeen its just a compact city with everything you need in easy reach.

:)

Adams Lounge

Adams Lounge is on Holburn Road just opposite Blockbusters, fairly nice wee bar.

Same side of the road as Blockbusters, just a few doors up

lyonjambo
Dunno what sort of music you are in to but Snafu is supposed to be a good club if you like things a bit less commercial and hosts a quality house night on Saturdays.

Thursdays at Snafu are great as well! I used to work at soul, they do a really good lunch deal and quite near where you will live.

Archived