Bonny Niddrie

Locky

Shanks said no

PC shouldn't have lit the barbecue before he got back to the station

My g/f's car along with another 3 were set on fire on Friday night in Stenhouse.

Where abouts is that? Never heard any sirens although I am the greendykes end

Just when I thought my lovely neighbourhood couldn't get any worse eh?

BOrRC4JCEAM6JV9.jpg

Where abouts is that? Never heard any sirens although I am the greendykes end

Think it's up near the shop at Niddrie House, the fire engines would have come up through the scheme but didn't even hear them myself. Girlfriends Dad did though.

2 folk have been arrested in relation with this.

Finally I'm a wee bit ITK. Feels good.

You can always tell when the schools are off coz fire rates go through the roof.

Wee bams.

...a bit disco

Can't believe nobodies done a Hot Fuzz joke yet.

willie woo

In all the excitement of the engines and cars flying by my bit earlier the missus burnt the bacon.

ArcticJambo

Not Niddrie ... Niddlrie doesn't have trees or bushes.

Private Womble

My g/f's car along with another 3 were set on fire on Friday night in Stenhouse.

Same street as me mate, think its going to get as bad as the old days when there was fighting between saughton and broomhouse?

My old mans car was one of those too.

Same street as me mate, think its going to get as bad as the old days when there was fighting between saughton and broomhouse?

Do you live in Stenhouse St West? Police saying there's been problems for weeks with cars getting torched, smashed and stolen between here and Wester Hailes. A fine time to be bringing a child into the world which we are due to in five weeks!

How hard is it to pronunce "Police" ffs :vrface:

"They Polis deh ken whit tae dae"

jambovambo

How hard is it to pronunce "Police" ffs :vrface:

"They Polis deh ken whit tae dae"

It's hard enough to turn "don't", via "dinnae" into "dae" ...

It seems that what we used to refer to as Windae Vultures are now nice wall leaning critics. Different locus same comments. Even way back in my time the polis didnae in Niddrie ken whit tae dae.

siegementality

Adults standing laughing while wee neds make their area an even bigger shitehole, very clever.

in that clip there seems to be loads of people watching the fire....do none of these people work?

in that clip there seems to be loads of people watching the fire....do none of these people work?

Probably not , but it did happen at half eight at night.

Maroon Sailor

work is probably one of the few four letter words they don't know

Very rare back then that there where cars burnt out in Saughton Mains, & as for fighting, the "running battles" where not as bad as it sounded, would have been lucky if more than 20 got a kicking, apart from 1 incident, where 4 young Saughtoners ended up in the high court !

Private Womble

Very rare back then that there where cars burnt out in Saughton Mains, & as for fighting, the "running battles" where not as bad as it sounded, would have been lucky if more than 20 got a kicking, apart from 1 incident, where 4 young Saughtoners ended up in the high court !

I remember a burnt out car beside the busy bee before the L blocks were knocked down, and some broomie bams chased us into my house lobbing bricks and golf balls :lol:

Say What Again

:rofl:

Unfortunately this is the real Edinburgh away from the nice castle and clever students in the middle of town.

I agree.

Though it's more sad than funny :(

Archived