Bonny Niddrie

Locky

Dr. Bapswent

That's a Niddire BBQ.

Its like the Edinburgh equivalent of the Los Angeles riots....

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Not sure if he's talking about the same incident (I assume he is), but a guy I went to school with just posted this on Facebook:

"I would have loved to have seen the smug smile wiped off those bizzies faces when their car got blown up...obviously some police are just doing their job like every other normal person but too many of them use that badge and daft hat as an excuse to speak to people however they feel like and take the Piss...bullied at school, b******s with badges!"

:vrface:

scott_jambo

Not sure if he's talking about the same incident (I assume he is), but a guy I went to school with just posted this on Facebook:

"I would have loved to have seen the smug smile wiped off those bizzies faces when their car got blown up...obviously some police are just doing their job like every other normal person but too many of them use that badge and daft hat as an excuse to speak to people however they feel like and take the Piss...bullied at school, b******s with badges!"

To be fair I totally agree with him.

What does the boy who posted this who you went to school with do for a living??

Sounds life a student or a shelf stacker in Morrison's

:rofl:

Unfortunately this is the real Edinburgh away from the nice castle and clever students in the middle of town.

This was exactly my sentiment when the video surfaced of the brawl on the High Street.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

What does the boy who posted this who you went to school with do for a living??

Sounds life a student or a shelf stacker in Morrison's

I'm a student and that's not a viewpoint I agree with :lol:.

I believe he works in a call centre of some sort.

• 2 weeks later...

Same street as me mate, think its going to get as bad as the old days when there was fighting between saughton and broomhouse?

Apparently another car has been set a light in Saughton mains terrace according to folk on facebook.

Apparently another car has been set a light near Saughton mains terrace according to folk on facebook.

Edit : near Saughton Mains Terrace

:rofl:

Unfortunately this is the real Edinburgh away from the nice castle and clever students in the middle of town.

Irvine Welsh wannabe

The city centre is at least as "real" as out of the way suburbs like Craigmillar and Colinton.

South East Niddrie is the 575th most deprived neighbourhood out of 575 in Edinburgh according to the SIMD

It's about as atypical of "real Edinburgh" as is possible

fabienleclerq

South East Niddrie is the 575th most deprived neighbourhood out of 575 in Edinburgh according to the SIMD

It's about as atypical of "real Edinburgh" as is possible

What does that mean?

That s.e Niddrie is the best off neighbourhood in Edinburgh?

What does that mean?

That s.e Niddrie is the best off neighbourhood in Edinburgh?

No it means that Niddrie is the worst regarded area of Edinburgh and doesnt represent the norm.

No it means that Niddrie is the worst regarded area of Edinburgh and doesnt represent the norm.

It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Most of the wee thieving jakes have gone and there are nicer houses. Still plenty junkies though. The burning cars are the norm around here tbf!

fabienleclerq

Surely if its 575th most deprived then there's 574 more deprived?

Either way Niddrie doesn't represent the norm in Edinburgh, part of me thinks that places like Niddrie get neglected and the council etc turn a blind eye.Then the other thinks regardless what they do there will always be part of the city where certain people create a bad environment.

tommythejambo

Surely if its 575th most deprived then there's 574 more deprived?

Either way Niddrie doesn't represent the norm in Edinburgh, part of me thinks that places like Niddrie get neglected and the council etc turn a blind eye.Then the other thinks regardless what they do there will always be part of the city where certain people create a bad environment.

It's full of bams and it's a shitehole.

I think the boy who got arrested for setting the cars on fire was 14. Great life ahead of him.

tommythejambo

I think the boy who got arrested for setting the cars on fire was 14. Great life ahead of him.

Let's be honest, he was hardly going to get a phd anyway.

Niddrie bairns have no chance.

Archived