UK consortium wont go it alone...

Zachearts

In todays Herald that this consortium (Gasmans) wont go it alone due to the fact BDO have honoured the season tickets....now looking to get on board with the FOH.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stirlingshirejambo

From the Herald it appears the McKie consortium will not go alone due to BDO honouring season tickets

However they are keen to provide possible backing to FOH

Not sure how to take this news sometimes all is not as it seems and there may be more to it but I would be surprised if they underestimated the goodwill lost by not honouring season tickets.

Unless they were expecting the tickets to be honoured but banks to take the hit

Hopefully I have misinterpreted this. Good that they may still provide the investment required by FOH though

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/mckie-keen-to-strike-deal-with-foh.21530843

Lets hope they can get an agreement between FOH and McKie then, if true then it limits the field in who will be against who in the bidding game. This will be the 'snow fall off the dyke' quote from Murray.

After all the fans have done to date - cant believe the 'season-ticket sales will be honoured' hadn't already been a given

They have not pulled out. They just will not go it alone. There is a difference.

What I am surprised at, is their intention not to honour season tickets, losing fan support and goodwill from the start, possibly for good.

I am comfortable with their joint proposal though, on the basis that season tickets are honoured.

If it is a straight choice though, given this new attitude, I would switch my allegiances to FoH. This isnon the basis that their intention was to honour them. I don't know if they ever actually said.

Disappointing news but good that they are willing to work with FoH I suppose.

That's a bit of a game changer on the respectability stakes.

Waiting for admin, not honouring seAson tickets.

They have not pulled out. They just will not go it alone. There is a difference.

What I am surprised at, is their intention not to honour season tickets, losing fan support and goodwill from the start.

I am comfortable with their joint proposal though, on the basis that season tickets are honoured.

Yeah - sorry didn't mean pull out just meant that it will need to be with someone or wont happen by the look of the 'working capital' shortfall of 1 million

Everything crossed Murray and McKie can broker a joint deal.

Buffalo Bill

In terms of how Hearts fans will now view this consortium's prospects, this is a big disappointment.

That will be explain the comment on the other thread about a few thousand ST holders not being happy. Doesn't really affect me but glad it's not come to fruition. FoH in a very strong position now.

What I am surprised at, is their intention not to honour season tickets, losing fan support and goodwill from the start, possibly for good.

It looks like they wanted the credit card companies to take the hit, add them to the creditors and let the fans who had bought ST's using credit cards buy again so that they had more cash-flow.

Yeah - sorry didn't mean pull out just meant that it will need to be with someone or wont happen by the look of the 'working capital' shortfall of 1 million

Everything crossed Murray and McKie can broker a joint deal.

It kind of suggests to me that McKie & Co do not have very much money and certainly not enough to run the club without a massive amount of help.

I am therefore not exactly convinced that they are or would be good for HMFC going forward.

Oh and just my opinion likes

IMA MAROON

They can't afford to go it alone. I am surprised.

How much money have they got?

They knew 2 weeks ago that season tickets would be honoured....whats changed in the last couple of days ??

It looks like they wanted the credit card companies to take the hit, add them to the creditors and let the fans who had bought ST's using credit cards buy again so that they had more cash-flow.

Sounds more like they haven't got the money to buy and/or the club, I see no point in the FOH getting involved with this group.

We_are_the_Hearts

Oops, looks like The Gasman has not been fed the whole truth, disappointing

Time to get behind the FOH.....we surely have more than 4000 people who are willing to pay a direct debit every month to keep our club alive.

TheMaganator

Not a massive surprise.

Is there much more money to come to HMFC this season?

The Consortium may have ?x to buy the club but don't want to put a huge much of their own cash in to keep us running.

IMA MAROON

That's a bit of a game changer on the respectability stakes.

Waiting for admin, not honouring seAson tickets.

I can understand waiting for administration but the bumping folks that bought season tickets plan is too far.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Wonder if they had an indication of an acceptable amount for Tynie and the sums didn't add up?

I think the company was hoping to use new season ticket cash to fund the running of the club.

I don't know if I'd be pleased with such a short-sighted plan.

If STs were not honoured, a lot of good faith would be lost and not everyone would be guaranteed to re-buy.

I'd like to think any potential owners would see that.

I can understand waiting for administration but the bumping folks that bought season tickets plan is too far.

Agreed....bought mine and my sons in March and if i had been bumped i wouldnt have been able to fork out more......they knew that season tickets were being honoured 2 weeks ago but as we get closer to the 12th of July we will start to see who the real players are.....for me everyone should be converting their pledges to the FOH

For those hesitating, pledge to FOH. It could be the only option we have and it will not be an option without your pledges.

For those hesitating, pledge to FOH. It could be the only option we have and it will not be an option without your pledges.

For me this is a no brainer, still cant work out why people are against it......they may well be the only serious player in all this

That will be explain the comment on the other thread about a few thousand ST holders not being happy. Doesn't really affect me but glad it's not come to fruition. FoH in a very strong position now.

It possibly would, as I think pre-admin, there was around 3.000 cash buyers - this ties in with the ?1 million figure.

ToadKiller Dog

Don't think it's that bad they are one of two options for the FOH ( us ) to look at .

We were never going to find a rich sugar daddy anybody expecting that is living in cloud cuckoo land .

Things were/are always going to be tight initially . I think this is a good thing they want to work with the foundations . It's a stronger grouping by doing that .

To not honour STs would be foolish .

Clerry Jambo

Correct we need a surge in conversions

I think so, but that is no good to cash buyer (around 3,000 pre admin) and will not be a good start to the relationship with banks and the crdit card merchant providers. It is legal, but it is not a very clever idea, and if they thought it was, I would quetsion their competence.

If I have understood the atricle correctly and McKie really thought that Season tickets would be null and void and everyone would have to buy them again - then I would prefer if McKie is not involved in the running of Hearts in the future.

Buffalo Bill

The best thing this group can do now is offer the FoH some backing and help the foundation see it home.

I think the company was hoping to use new season ticket cash to fund the running of the club.

I don't know if I'd be pleased with such a short-sighted plan.

If STs were not honoured, a lot of good faith would be lost and not everyone would be guaranteed to re-buy.

I'd like to think any potential owners would see that.

We raised c.?800k. If 6 - 8 wealthy individuals can't come up with, it's a worry.

They can't afford to go it alone. I am surprised.

How much money have they got?

Sounds like they don't have a bean........ Bit of a let down.

Something from Charlotte Fakes. Advice given to old Rangers board that in the event of admin (advice by Bryan Jackson), administrators look to honour season tickets. And I thought this consortium were some sort of corporate experts. Not good news. http://i.imgur.com/nZRC7MG.jpg - sorry for one line - Enter button not working on lap top.

Yep, he is a good guy and I suspect he has only been fed the nice bits.

It is a shame, as it seems he has been used.

It appears crazy of this group to show its hand unless its a tactic, it sounds like they're saying.... We don't have any real money so won't be offering too much for the club.

kingantti1874

A wee bit disappointed bit glad they want to help the foundation... Presumably this is the group who have already submitted a bid... Wonder what has happened..?

And to finish it off this is why the foundation is important, they are the only group guaranteed to stick around... Get pledging people

Russian Hats

So this in all likelihood could mean only one credible bid on 12th July - FOH & Mckie Consortium. One is short on target and based on monthly volatile pledges an the other made the assumption it would screw season ticket holders and now won't bid alone. Not the best news to wake up to.

Hopefully they sort something up or some other group are serious. Squeaky bum time.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Apart from FoH who clearly need public support I won't be trusting any business that goes blabbing.

The deal struck will be between the Administators and the potential buyers, nothing to do with us and rightly so.

Looks to me like McKie and co are going into face saving exercise mode because they have zero investment to give.

Building a sound business profile for the future would not include shafting banks and credit card company's in my book, never mind stating it publicly. I hope they don't bother wasting the club's money by puting in a bid to be honest. Shysters.

If I have understood the atricle correctly and McKie really thought that Season tickets would be null and void and everyone would have to buy them again - then I would prefer if McKie is not involved in the running of Hearts in the future.

For cash buyers, that would be the case. He seems to think they would have bought them again as well.

The Gasman

Perhaps you can show an example of where I haven't told the truth..?

Apart from FoH who clearly need public support I won't be trusting any business that goes blabbing.

The deal struck will be between the Administators and the potential buyers, nothing to do with us and rightly so.

Looks to me like McKie and co are going into face saving exercise mode because they have zero investment to give.

Building a sound business profile for the future would not include shafting banks and credit card company's in my book, never mind stating it publicly. I hope they don't bother wasting the club's money by puting in a bid to be honest. Shysters.

And loyal customers, who have spent a lot of money on your main product and gifted tens of thousands of pounds in addition.

In my opinion, anyone that can afford a small direct debit to the FOH and chooses not to runs the risk of losing the club.

Perhaps you can show an example of where I haven't told the truth..?

I think he means that perhaps you were not told they did not want to hnour season tickets. Maybe that is not the case, and it is the case that you did know but were instructed not to say, or simply felt you could not say.

There may be a way for both to be involved, consortium to take ownership of the stadium and provide FOH, say 100 year lease to run the football team.

The Gasman

I think he means that perhaps you were not told they did not want to hnour season tickets. Maybe that is not the case, and it is the case that you did know but were instructed not to say, or simply felt you could not say.

Sorry to disappoint, but go back and read the article - no where does it say they did not want to honour season tickets. What it says is they hadn't expected BDO to honour season tickets, which is not the same thing at all.

Italian Lambretta

I think the FOH already have the money in place from their own backers, so McKie's group aren't needed for just funding.

As said on many occasions any potential buyer that refused to honour the season tickets and expected the Hearts fans to stump up twice can go and find another club to invest.

Sorry to disappoint, but go back and read the article - no where does it say they did not want to honour season tickets. What it says is they hadn't expected BDO to honour season tickets, which is not the same thing at all.

So they based everything on BDO no honouring the season tickets and had no other game plan ?

Archived