not a great pic but a poster version would be great

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

printed a quick copy to see how a poster would look

20130623_210147_zps1f2ead99.jpg

I'll be taking full credit for suggesting to remove the box :smuggy:

As a poster, that looks class. Would make a cracking t-shirt as well.

Would take one adult med in any guise, box our no. Top skillz that man

queensferryjambo

printed a quick copy to see how a poster would look

20130623_210147_zps1f2ead99.jpg

What size is that printed out A4 or A3 - either way it looks pretty good considering how low res the original one posted here was.

queensferryjambo

I'll be taking full credit for suggesting to remove the box :smuggy:

You can have it mate. If people prefer it without the box and I make a few more quid for Hearts then it is worth compromising my purist principles :)

What size is that printed out A4 or A3 - either way it looks pretty good considering how low res the original one posted here was.

it`s a4.

i just stuck it in a frame to see how it looked.

looks good on the light wall

I think the T-shirt will out-sell next season's home top.

The first home game will be a laugh when we've all got Ramones T-shirts on!

Prince Buaben

Good shout, but I prefer the slightly different template like this.

http://www.shotdeadi...shirt-mens.html

Anybody able to post a pic? I don't know how to do that on the mobile site.

Prefer that template. Although like the Ramones one. Would be good for a poster.

Son Of Anarchy

If the tshirts come in "svelt and toned" size i will take one,if not a size large with bump for beer belly will suffice.

Its a play on the Ramones logo,you cant lose the eagle or there would be no point.

Its a fantastic logo before the Hearts touch anyway,

up there with the Crass logo :10900:

Haha, I disagree! I think having the Hearts logo in the middle of the eagle looks a bit like it's just been a C+P job where as a black and white hearts badge in place of the eagle (though slightly smaller) would look more classy - without loosing the Ramones reference.

That being said, I'm no designer and this seems very popular so by all means it's a great idea!

queensferryjambo

Haha, I disagree! I think having the Hearts logo in the middle of the eagle looks a bit like it's just been a C+P job where as a black and white hearts badge in place of the eagle (though slightly smaller) would look more classy - without loosing the Ramones reference.

That being said, I'm no designer and this seems very popular so by all means it's a great idea!

Of course it would lose the Ramones reference the whole point is the Ramones use the US Presidential seal. Without the eagle it is just a Hearts badge with stars and circles :)

It has not been just a cut and paste job it took me hours to get rid of the box around the Hearts badge and draw pieces of the Eagle that were not in the original design (removal of the box left big gaps). I would have made a better job but time is of the essence.

Anyway aside from the design aspect - which is now set in stone and (unfortunately for some LOL) cannot change now because the design has now went to the printers. I have fronted with my own money a run of posters. They should be ready Thursday so hopefully I can get a bundle sold and get my cash back and make some dough for the Famous.

Unfortunately I am off on Holiday flying out Friday so either someone else can distribute and sell these or you will have to wait until I get back - any helpers please feel free to give me a shout.

As for T Shirts I got prices when I was in as well and cannot afford to front that myself I would have to get peoples money up front - but the printers have the design - SO if anybody else would like to do a bit of organising for that please give me a shout, otherwise it will have to wait until I get back as well.

Either way the ball is rolling now.

I think to make any real cash for Hearts the posters would have to be in the ?10 region and T shirts ?15 - ?20 bracket. Give me your thoughts on that please.

If I am left with 125 posters and lose money don't worry I will just wallpaper my house and Easter Road with them :)

Kalamazoo Jambo

You've got to have the Eagle. One bird two cups and all that. The box around the badge has been removed which I think was the right call as well. FTH.

You can have it mate. If people prefer it without the box and I make a few more quid for Hearts then it is worth compromising my purist principles :)

The idea behind it was all you though mate :thumbsup: Top work for all concerned.

Dagger Is Back

Of course it would lose the Ramones reference the whole point is the Ramones use the US Presidential seal. Without the eagle it is just a Hearts badge with stars and circles :)

It has not been just a cut and paste job it took me hours to get rid of the box around the Hearts badge and draw pieces of the Eagle that were not in the original design (removal of the box left big gaps). I would have made a better job but time is of the essence.

Anyway aside from the design aspect - which is now set in stone and (unfortunately for some LOL) cannot change now because the design has now went to the printers. I have fronted with my own money a run of posters. They should be ready Thursday so hopefully I can get a bundle sold and get my cash back and make some dough for the Famous.

Unfortunately I am off on Holiday flying out Friday so either someone else can distribute and sell these or you will have to wait until I get back - any helpers please feel free to give me a shout.

As for T Shirts I got prices when I was in as well and cannot afford to front that myself I would have to get peoples money up front - but the printers have the design - SO if anybody else would like to do a bit of organising for that please give me a shout, otherwise it will have to wait until I get back as well.

I think to make any real cash for Hearts the posters would have to be in the ?10 region and T shirts ?15 - ?20 bracket. Give me your thoughts on that please.

If I am left with 125 posters and lose money don't worry I will just wallpaper my house and Easter Road with them :)

I would take two shirts, one for me and one for Dagger Junior (14). Would need to know sizes mate as I'm not getting any slimmer! Might also need a poster for DJs room.

bigsuperslim1874

Deffo in for a t-shirt. I too prefer the one without the box but would take either to be honest ( i absolutely understand keeping it as close to the original out of principal).

Now i have 'Now i wanna sniff some glue' in my head!

Deffo in for a Large t-shirt when ur ready to take money. I dont know what colours are available - black or maroon would be the obvious choices?

Dagger Is Back

I would take two shirts, one for me and one for Dagger Junior (14). Would need to know sizes mate as I'm not getting any slimmer! Might also need a poster for DJs room.

Update time. I adult T shirt, probably large or maybe XL depending on how much holiday weight I put on and 1 poster please. I'm away on hols till1 2 July but defo interested.

I was going to suggest another Iconic t-shirt for some clever talented individual to re-design with a 5-1 theme, Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures, but it seems like Disney beat me to it.

Disney.jpg

Mate, do what the boy that's making the beer done, get people to pay upfront on paypal then use the money to get the printing done, it'll give you the exact number for both the shirts and posters you just need a cut off time for orders

queensferryjambo

Mate, do what the boy that's making the beer done, get people to pay upfront on paypal then use the money to get the printing done, it'll give you the exact number for both the shirts and posters you just need a cut off time for orders

I am going to for the T shirts as they are much more expensive. I just don't want people waiting too long after they have paid for something.

The posters I have paid for up front as they could be made and ready before I go on holiday.

This is really just the interest thread the sign up threads will come soon.

Blackford Hearts

I am going to for the T shirts as they are much more expensive. I just don't want people waiting too long after they have paid for something.

The posters I have paid for up front as they could be made and ready before I go on holiday.

This is really just the interest thread the sign up threads will come soon.

I'll front the t-shirts money and liaise with guys at the printers for you. Will need to get the cash back but it will be a success, even if we have to get a stall outside Tynie.

PM me and we can sort it before you go on holiday. Cheers

I'll front the t-shirts money and liaise with guys at the printers for you. Will need to get the cash back but it will be a success, even if we have to get a stall outside Tynie.

:bravo:

Fantastic offer. :thumb:

Dagger Is Back

It's a brilliant gesture BH.

maroonlegions

Am in, will take 1x Large T- shirt please, in before the"re sold oot type of post, great idea QJ, superb.

queensferryjambo

Excellent - PM on the way.

queensferryjambo

There will be 2 more threads started soon to separate who wants the posters and who wants the T shirts. The T Shirt thread will get everybody's sizes and give prices. The posters will be picked up on Thursday and people can pay for them soon.

This interest thread will soon end and 2 sign up / payment threads will start.

I will update next couple of days before I go on holiday. There is a possibility another board member will do this in my absence.

Punks No Deid

Its a play on the Ramones logo,you cant lose the eagle or there would be no point.

Its a fantastic logo before the Hearts touch anyway,

up there with the Crass logo :10900:

nearly as good as The Exploited logo... how about "Let's Win 5-1" above the skull and "Said Rudi In May" underneath? (instead of" Lets Start A War" ...."Said Maggie One Day") Jambo band and Jambo message :11100:

Definitely interested in a t-shirt. Not usually a fan of wearing football club branded gear but this is subtle in a non subtle kind of way!

queensferryjambo

Quick update - the posters have arrived and they are stunning Copymade printers at Haymarket done a magnificent job and gave me a good deal as Grant who works there is a good Hearts man. So if you need any printing work done shirts or paper printing they are your guys.

The posters are A1 size 59.4 x 84.1cm, 23.39 x 33.11 inches and on gloss paper. I had to turn off my flash to get photos as the surface kept reflecting so apologies if the photos look a bit flat and dull it was the only way to photograph them (they look a little grey in the pics but are actually bright white with some grey highlights). The detail on the prints is crystal clear and razor sharp.

DSC04122_zps98712236.jpg

Bit of a close up of the print.

DSC04125_zps6d69b589.jpg

Archived