Possible Fundraiser for fans of Hearts who like Punk/Indie/Ramones

queensferryjambo

queensferryjambo

Hi,

I am desperate to help with fund raising but like a lot of Hearts fans I am left feeling a bit helpless just now.

After the Glorious Cup Final of May 19th 2012 I done a design which was a spoof of the classic punk band The Ramones logo. I had intended to get a few T shirts made for me and a few friends as a bit of fun. I never got around to it.

I have had a fair few people on this forum ask me about it as I use a really low res version for my avatar here.

Ramones is changed to RAMPANT because of the 'oohhh and Hearts are RAMPANT' commentary on TV.

It has goal scoring players names instead of the Ramones band names and the eagle has Scottish cups in it's claws. The scrolls say We only won 5-1 behind the eagle. Nice Hearts badge on the Eagle to boot :)

I also done the design with a colour badge and an old school badge but think the Black and White looks the best.

There are definitely a pile of punks on the forum as there are loads of punk band avatars.

My design is a 100+Meg file so it has taken me ages just to get it down to a size I can share so it has lost some resolution but trust me the details on the original images are crystal clear.

So anyway is there any interest whatsoever in Ramones style posters, t shirts etc with a Hearts Cup win theme?

If there is no interest no problems but just thought I would give it a go.

BUT - I have no experience in producing T Shirts or Poster - SO - any help / advice from experienced fundraisers would be much appreciated.

rampantbandwlowres_zpscc2fe850.png

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He Who Cannot Be Named

will take a t shirt and poster, 100%. its a great t design mate, pretty sure it willbe worth your while having a run of them made up. folk will buy here and from eBay, especially if they know it will be helping hearts. not sure if it makes a difference if you like punk, every second person has a ramones t shirt these days anyway!

Best thing to do once you have an idea of numbers and sizes, send the high res pic to a few local screen printers and go with the best quote.

Me and some family menbers would take a t shirt if your going to knock up some plz if you could get it in a Marroon background even better

Get on Google and look for a screen printer in Edinburgh, they will probably charge around ?2.50 a t-shirt and a set up charge for the screen printing, poster wise look for people who produce flyers etc they will be able to produce high quality posters, no idea how much it would cost though.

I live down in brighton and printed tshirts for a while .

I'll take one when you get sorted, cracking design and idea! !!

Id definitely buy a T Shirt and a poster.

Im the biggest Ramones fan going. I got a Joey Ramone tattoo recently and I was thinking if getting the Ramones badge tattooed next. I think I might change ut and use your design instead and incorporate Hearts and Ramones would be the business!

Cappuccino Kid

Pedantic maybe but if someone could tidy up the crest in the middle this could be a big seller. Maybe a (2) beside Skacel?

queensferryjambo

Pedantic maybe but if someone could tidy up the crest in the middle this could be a big seller. Maybe a (2) beside Skacel?

Hi,

The original design image is crystal clear - the only reason anything in the image in this thread is blurry is I had to shrink the design from 100+Meg to 2 Meg just to transfer it to photobucket - which automatically shrunk it again. I will try to get a snap shot of the original image to show the correct resolution but it is hard to do.

As for the Skacel (2) sorry no chance :)

Is there a way of taking the Hearts badge out of that box and having it direct on the Eagle? I know The Ramones have a box in their eagle thing, but would it not look a bit tidier without the badge being in the box?

Other than that mate, that is top drawer stuff.

You could also maybe add McJake in there too - without him it wouldn't have been the fabulous 5-1 scoreline :smuggy:::troll:::'>

queensferryjambo

Hi,

Trying to give an idea of the quality but still had to shrink down :(

The square on the eagle will be staying, because it stays faithful to The Ramones one but also because the image is made up in layers and it would take too much time stripping it all back down again - sorry.

I also done an option with the badge being in colour.

[rampantbandwcrop_zpsa5393241.jpg[/

I've taken the box away from the crest for you m8 to see how it looks without it. Hope you don't mind.

2upu5upe.jpg

THAT is what I'm talking about,

Absolutely stunning farin for that. (Edit - gave praise to wrong guy - hope no-one saw haha)

The original by queensferryjambo was cracking too! :thumbsup:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I used to produce T shirts as part of my job pre bike shop.

Just had some done for my shop here http://www.superlogo.co.uk/ If youre calling him ask for Marcin and tell him Neill from the bike shop gave you his name.

One small thing, I'd suggest is that you have a few half tones in your design which will add to the cost, make it just one colour to save on the printing costs.

Oh and put me down for one in a large too

troonmaroon

I've taken the box away from the crest for you m8 to see how it looks without it. Hope you don't mind.

2upu5upe.jpg

YES! That's it. Looks much crisper without the box.

I totally understand you queensferryjambo saying you want to stick as close to the original but when it's our football crest, with it's own border as such, the addition of the other makes it look a little like it's been stuck on as a bit of an after thought. But just my preference. Would take one/some without but credit to you for doing it and also now trying to raise some cash for HMFC. Good effort.

weaversknowe jambo

Would be in for a t shirt and poster.. If your doing kids sizes then it would be another 2..

Archived