What are you Listening to Right Now?

cosanostra

Lone Striker

imo, one of the best ever  songs by one of the best ever Scottish bands.   Feather in the cap of the Heriots music dept for inspiring Mike Scott 😎

45 minutes ago, heartgarfunkel said:

New Steve Mason album - superb!

It's a brilliant album isn't it? The People Say is a belter of a track. Saw him at The Caves last year and he's fantastic live, best gig I saw all year.

From Beta Band, King Biscuit Time and the solo albums,  just an outstanding artist.

Bit random this one but saw Pete Shelley and this mentioned on a Twitter thread and been listening to it a lot. That guitar riff and Frere Jacques part at the end; so good, one of the great TV Theme Tunes

heartgarfunkel
3 hours ago, Costanza said:

It's a brilliant album isn't it? The People Say is a belter of a track. Saw him at The Caves last year and he's fantastic live, best gig I saw all year.

From Beta Band, King Biscuit Time and the solo albums,  just an outstanding artist.

Absolutely superb mate, he’s surely one of the most talented Scottish musicians we’ve produced.  Still to catch him live. All Over Again is a masterpiece, can’t stop playing it!

Jingle Bells

12 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I had kinda checked out of the Strokes after this, which would have stood up easily in the first album but read a recent Guardian 20 best Strokes songs and really loved this one which had passed me by.

Also, this is one of the best things Julian Casablanca ever did IMO.

Always loved the line "Where cities come together to hate each other in the name of sport"

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

There's a blast from the past!

This is what's making my world happy just now, I love Louis Cole

Jingle Bells
7 hours ago, Smithee said:

There's a blast from the past!

This is what's making my world happy just now, I love Louis Cole

Glad you liked it.

Here's another tune for you

Dick Dastardly
12 hours ago, Costanza said:

I had kinda checked out of the Strokes after this, which would have stood up easily in the first album but read a recent Guardian 20 best Strokes songs and really loved this one which had passed me by.

Also, this is one of the best things Julian Casablanca ever did IMO.

Always loved the line "Where cities come together to hate each other in the name of sport"

Yeah, the Strokes are, imo, pretty hit or miss. They have some absolutely amazing songs and then some that i just wish I'd never heard. The one you posted has an early Simple Minds vibe about it, it you ignore the vocals. 

Jingle Bells
8 hours ago, Ked said:

I was lucky enough to see him live at Hammersmith Odean shortly before his fatal Helicopter crash.

This was a bit ironic as he broke off halfway through the gig to, rather cringingly, praise the Lord for sparing him his life from his then recent first Helicopter crash!

Good gig though

9 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

I was lucky enough to see him live at Hammersmith Odean shortly before his fatal Helicopter crash.

This was a bit ironic as he broke off halfway through the gig to, rather cringingly, praise the Lord for sparing him his life from his then recent first Helicopter crash!

Good gig though

I didn't know he was dead mate.

I wasn't really aware too much of him .

Love Hendrix and heard Vaugns version. 

Blew me away mate .

Played it about ten times last night.

When was that you saw him?

Jingle Bells
4 hours ago, Ked said:

Blew me away mate .

Hi Ked

I think it must have been late 1980s

He died in 1990 and I thought he was a lot older than 35, as per Wiki, to be honest

At the time there was a lot of Hendrix influenced guitarist who got labelled as Electric Blues players, Johnny Winters being one too.

Its all about personal taste but I felt Stevie Ray was better when he collaborated with other artist like Lonnie Mack on Strike Like Lightening and Johny Winter was better on covers.

Jingle Bells
5 hours ago, Ked said:

Blew me away mate .

This is a bit of a 2 for 1 offering , Ked