What are you Listening to Right Now?

cosanostra

On 04/08/2023 at 22:24, Dawnrazor said:

"We break ornaments, and get them repaired.

We bring up past events, that hang in the air."

On 11/08/2023 at 23:44, Jingle Bells said:

Saw them support Def Leppard at the Playhouse on the Hysteria tour.  I was very impressed by them and bought their debut album which was just out.

Their Five Man Acoustic Jam unplugged album is fantastic.  Some great covers on it - Creedence and The Beatles from memory.

Jingle Bells
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Saw them support Def Leppard at the Playhouse on the Hysteria tour.  I was very impressed by them and bought their debut album which was just out.

Their Five Man Acoustic Jam unplugged album is fantastic.  Some great covers on it - Creedence and The Beatles from memory.

Got a notion that Styx where on that tour too, Frank.

At the time I wasn't too much into the Hairspray/MTV look/imagery but there is no doubting that a lot of very talented Bands were in that mix.

Creedence/John Fogerty are in my top ten favourite Bands /Artists. 

15 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Got a notion that Styx where on that tour too, Frank.

At the time I wasn't too much into the Hairspray/MTV look/imagery but there is no doubting that a lot of very talented Bands were in that mix.

Creedence/John Fogerty are in my top ten favourite Bands /Artists. 

Styx weren't at the Def Leppard gig in Edinburgh if that is what you meant.

I got to see John Fogerty in 2010 I think on the Bruce Springsteen bill at Hyde Park.  Fantastic.

He finished his set with The Boss guesting on Rocking All Over The World (which Status Quo covered).  John Fogerty returned during Springsteen's set as did Paul McCartney.

Jingle Bells
On 13/08/2023 at 21:55, frankblack said:

Styx weren't at the Def Leppard gig in Edinburgh if that is what you meant.

I got to see John Fogerty in 2010 I think on the Bruce Springsteen bill at Hyde Park.  Fantastic.

He finished his set with The Boss guesting on Rocking All Over The World (which Status Quo covered).  John Fogerty returned during Springsteen's set as did Paul McCartney.

Styx are meant to be brilliant live, hence the enquiry, but alas I think now that they might have only done the USA leg of Def Lep's 2015 world tour. It would have been nice to have had it confirmed though in case they tour the UK

Any excuse

52 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Styx are meant to be brilliant live, hence the enquiry, but alas I think now that they might have only done the USA leg of Def Lep's 2015 world tour. It would have been nice to have had it confirmed though in case they tour the UK

Any excuse

The Def Leppard gig I was talkng about might have been 1986.

Edited by frankblack

Electric Callboy (formerly Eskimo Callboy)
German group blending cheesy Euro Techno with brutal heavy metal.

They do not take themselves seriously, at all.

It's 100% bonkers, but it works.

Seaside Dave

Started listening n watching bobbi althoff podcasts. She's everywhere on social media so thought would give it a go. 

Tried just listening and lost interest but when watched was much better as her reactions and seriousness to try not to laugh is good to watch 

indianajones

I was never the biggest fan of Metallica growing up. Was always more interested in the faster and trashier side of things like Slayer. Although I always appreciated they were obviously a great band I never ever listen to them for some reason. A bit older and rediscovering songs like the unforgiven is a bit of a journey. 

Is this their best song? So far I've went back through tracks one, sad but true and nothing else matters but the unforgiven is by far the best song to me.