champs2006

What has happened to him?

He has disappeared completely from the last few squads

Toxteth O'Grady

I hope he has dissapeared for good

Therapist

Stewart proves that not everyone signed by Manure is a top drawer player.

Fat Striker
He's had a dreadful season, hopefully he won't be here next year.

I don't think that's strictly true. He carried us for the first few games of the season. It all seemed to go wrong for him when he was sent off unfairly against Gretna.

I admit he's been pretty woeful for the last few months but I think we tend to notice it more because unlike some others in the team he doesn't hide.

I'd give him another season.

cosanostra
I don't think that's strictly true. He carried us for the first few games of the season. It all seemed to go wrong for him when he was sent off unfairly against Gretna.

I admit he's been pretty woeful for the last few months but I think we tend to notice it more because unlike some others in the team he doesn't hide.

I'd give him another season.

3 or 4 games when our club was a rudderless ship, he was our best player. That was August / September though and he's been awful ever since. Even Audrey has played 3 or 4 decent games this season. If Stewart was a fraction as good as he thinks he is, we'd have a great player.

Toxteth O'Grady
Stewart proves that not everyone signed by Manure is a top drawer player.

Aye Fergie the genuis certainly knew what he was doing when he punted him;)

Injured in the warm up against St. Mirren, hasn't recovered yet.

Brilliant at the start of the season but with Eggert, Ruben and hopefully Larry if we go out and get a decent right midfielder, there won't be much room for him.

Not too bothered if he stays or goes to be honest.

Charlie-Brown

Injured his hamstring prior to the Buddies match and Mole was drafted into the squad last minute.

Given these injuries usually take 2 or 3 weeks or longer to heal then I reckon he'll be lucky to make his comeback this season.

Whether he stays depends if his extension clause is (or already has been?) triggered?

turnkey1874

I hope he's back next season, he has plenty of drive and passion and he wants us to win every game ;)

rudi must stay

think it's been an average season for him tbh, he should stay but he really needs to stop getting pointless bookings

TheBigTeam

Course he should stay at least he cares and tries unlike others.As for Ruben.Nah not got it.

cosanostra
Course he should stay at least he cares and tries unlike others.As for Ruben.Nah not got it.

Are you suggesting that Michael Stewart is a better player than Ruben?

Carl Weathers

I'd have him back. Ruben and Stewart in the middle for me unless we sign someone better.

Stewart better than Ruben? Are you mental? :eek:

Cambo_Jambo

I think Stewart suffers from the same things that we as supporters suffer

from. Hacked off at the crap being shoveled about at Hearts, he has over

tried, become extremely aggitated and his performances suffer for it.

Hopefully, if we are indeed going to become more conventional over the

summer, he will play better as part of a well managed and sensible team structure.

Maybe a new manager would be able to tone down his headless chickeness and bring out a player, if not get rid. By all accounts Bruno is performing very well in reserves so he'll be pushing for a place come next season, maybe even before the end of this one.

Doesn't really offer anything in my opinion. Petered out after the first 9/10 games and hasn't done anything of (a positive) note.

Prefer it if we kept Bruno as back-up.

He hasn't had a great season, but I hope he stays.

I think he tries too hard and has been as frustrated as every other Hearts supporter at the nonsense that has went on this year.

Under a decent manager who has control of the squad Stewart will have no choice but to concentrate on his own game and not let his heart rule his head. Very much make or break, sink or swim for him.

sandylejambo

a few managers have tried to get him to play in a certain way and he's just not having it, we know he has football but i dont think his head is ready to play alongside anyone who does'nt think the way he does, pity because he could be one of the best

No he's not,past few games he was gash but not all season,FFS it wasn't that long ago people were wanting him as captain,if I mind right there was even a poll on the subject.

He is maybe another one who is suffering with the mismanagment of the team.

Doesn't really offer anything in my opinion. Petered out after the first 9/10 games and hasn't done anything of (a positive) note.

Prefer it if we kept Bruno as back-up.

I'd agree with that. Not that I think Mikey is a bad player but that the first few games of this is season is probably the best we, or anyone else, will ever get out of him. Bruno on the other hand has far more potential for a new manager (:rolleyes:) to try and bring out of him.

TheBigTeam
Are you suggesting that Michael Stewart is a better player than Ruben?

Course he is.Ruben does nothing and has done nothing all season.Flatters thats all.gets caught out with the ball all the time.

brellierlegend

Michael Stewart :boak:

Even with the p!ss poor squad we currently have at our disposal he is not good enough

Should be a case of "you got two chances and ****ed both of them up!" Goodbye!

Not sure why Stewart should be singled out as not having a good season. Not sure any of our players will look back and see this as one of their better seasons. He has the passion to help Hearts be winners - A keep for me.

Dirk Diggler
Not sure why Stewart should be singled out as not having a good season. Not sure any of our players will look back and see this as one of their better seasons. He has the passion to help Hearts be winners - A keep for me.

A passion that should have seen him never play for our club again.

Tannadice, 2nd January 2008.

Susie-Jambo-66

He was at training yesterday and was at the Tynie Tiger signing today :)

A passion that should have seen him never play for our club again.

Tannadice, 2nd January 2008.

how about compassion!

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Stewart has been one of our best players this season and i hope he

will stay at the club as IF we get a decent manager we well see the best of him

The White Cockade

I hope he stays

Was brilliant at the start of the season but obviously got dragged down by the behind the scenes nonsense at Tynecastle and rest of season wasn't so great

but even when off form still gives 100% and never hides

If we put eleven players on the pitch who show Mikey's will to win we won't go far wrong

thats assuming we have a proper manager with conrol over team selection , coaching etc

Dave Ross
Course he is.Ruben does nothing and has done nothing all season.Flatters thats all.gets caught out with the ball all the time.

Bloody hell!!! I'm glad I don't believe you're serious.

Buffalo Bill
IF we get a decent manager we well see the best of him

Bang on the money.

Buffalo Bill

Dr Ian Malcolm

If Audrey was deemed worthy of an extra year then Stewart definately is.

Stewart has been one of our best players this season

What games have you been watching!

Out of Kingston, Bruno, Aguiar, Ruben and Jonsson he'd be the last to be picked IMO.

3-4k a week that could be far better spent.

Graham Thomson
What games have you been watching!

Out of Kingston, Bruno, Aguiar, Ruben and Jonsson he'd be the last to be picked IMO.

3-4k a week that could be far better spent.

Ithink for most of the seaon Stewart has been one of our best players, by a mile, and please dont even talk about Stewart and Kingston in the same sentence,

Stewart a a hearts fan through and through , who will give everything for the club, whether playing well or not.

Kingston , a money grabbing prima dona, who is not nearly as good as he thinks he is. or wants us to think he is.

brellierlegend
Ithink for most of the seaon Stewart has been one of our best players, by a mile, and please dont even talk about Stewart and Kingston in the same sentence,

Stewart a a hearts fan through and through , who will give everything for the club, whether playing well or not.

Kingston , a money grabbing prima dona, who is not nearly as good as he thinks he is. or wants us to think he is.

"For most of the seaon Stewart has been one of our best players, by a mile!"

If you truly believe this you are deluded. Stewart played well before christmas in a handful of games. However, he is a hot headed fool who just runs about like a headless chicken and has been absolutely gash for the vast majority of games this season.

I would rather have Bruno, Eggert, Ruben or Kingston in the middle of the park.

Kingston has more ability in his pinky than Stewart has in his whole body. Also, if ever there was a prima dona it is Michael Stewart. Thinks he is still a Man U player when he is clearly at a level where he would get a game for the likes of St Johnstone.

If Hearts exercise the renewal clause on his contract it would be a disgrace in my opinion.

Michael Stewart - GTF!

Jambojohnnyboy

Stewart has the ability to be a decent player but needs an attitude adjustment, perhaps being at Man Utd has made him a little more arrogant and it's that, perhaps, that needs reigned in.

I'd personally give him one more season.

Plus of the midfielders we currently have, how many will still be with us next season, clubs will come sniffing.

Roy Barry

He's not worth paying any decent money to keep.

His main problem is he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. The fact that he was still taking free kicks and corners long after everyone in the ground knew he shouldn't have been, says plenty about us this season.

On the plus side he does a lot of pointing.

bighusref
3 or 4 games when our club was a rudderless ship, he was our best player. That was August / September though and he's been awful ever since. Even Audrey has played 3 or 4 decent games this season. If Stewart was a fraction as good as he thinks he is, we'd have a great player.

Disagree.

For the first ten or so games he was a stand out and was MOM weekly, I am sure the runner of the MOM comp could confirm this.

Since then he HAS went off the boil, suffered with the rest of the football players due to a lack of coaching and leadership, culminating in his behaviour at Tannadice.

IF he is to be dumped because of this I would applaud that, if he is to be dumped because he is not good enough I would disagree and would despair at the return of Aguiar in his place.

gorgie rd eh11

He has ability, he's scottish, he cares. There's plenty who should be shown the door before him. I'd keep him.

Disagree.

For the first ten or so games he was a stand out and was MOM weekly, I am sure the runner of the MOM comp could confirm this.

Since then he HAS went off the boil, suffered with the rest of the football players due to a lack of coaching and leadership, culminating in his behaviour at Tannadice.

IF he is to be dumped because of this I would applaud that, if he is to be dumped because he is not good enough I would disagree and would despair at the return of Aguiar in his place.

A stand out for the first 10 games or so? Out of the first 12 games we only won 4. He played well in the 1-1 draw at Pittodrie and the 4-2 win against Rangers - apart from that he's been poor. Not good enough for HMFC IMO.

Only a Game

By the standards of the rest of the team, he was the best player we had for the first dozen games or so. That doesnt mean he was any great shakes, but he did show a good attitude in those early games that others didnt and I think that was noticed more than his actual contribution.

Once players like Driver started to have good spells and actually contributed something to the team rather than just the effort, Stewart started to look ordinary and as such, became less important to the team.

By the time we got to our really bad patch just before Christmas, Stewart was so frustrated that he was a liability to the team, culminating in his behaviour at Tannadice.

Stewart is one of those players who would look good in a good team, but attracts criticism in a bad team, even though he's trying his guts out. He's a perfect example of what a decent coach/manager could do with decent players given half a chance.

Stewart's most significant contribution to the season was constantly badgering Berra to the extent that Berra eventually found his bollox and was actually a half decent captain for the last few months.

I'd keep him if we are getting a new manager but get him off the wage bill if we're sticking with Frail, because he wont get any better under Frail

The only midfield players I would be bothered about us keeping for next season are Driver and Jonsson. Miko perhaps deserves another season after his good run of form since Christmas. The rest all either cost too much, deliver far less than their ability due to repeated 'injuries' or laziness, are too lightweight or slow. But of that group of the 'rest' perhaps Stewart has the ability and attitude to succeed if he had a proper manager.

Archived