Nevin does 5-1 on MotD2

londonjambo

GlasgoJambo

15.15 donation made, well done Pat.

Same here. And well done to all the JKB folks who've donated too.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I P Knightley

• naeclue

• Franklin Delano Bluth

• i8hibsh

WeeToonJambo

I see no one noticed Colin doing the 5-1 right after the man city highlights...someone laughing in the background lol

I didn't notice it at the time but looked again and he definitely did. They must all have been in on it.

Ryan Jarman

?5.01 donated. Much respect Pat.

Not going to take back the 5-1 I gave you though :jjyay:

I didn't notice it at the time but looked again and he definitely did. They must all have been in on it.

Will defo need to have another look at this then me thinks. :D

Never thought when I suggested this Pat would have the balls to do this. Have donated ?5.01 - would have liked to have done more!

Well done Pat and is the ultimate 'Defend the Indefensible' for your next appearance on Fighting Talk?

PS The post about you being a crap pundit particularly during recent Scotland Wales game was obviously someone hacking into my account...

I contacted Pat's charity to see how we were doing, and there's mixed news:

First the response:

"

This is brilliant! We love this kind of fundraising, let us know if you ever want to do anymore.

So far the ?gesture? has raised about ?625, a nice little surprise for a Tuesday morning. As a new charity we?re super busy raising much needed funds and this will go a long way towards helping us achieve our aims. Most of the donations are anonymous and so can?t be thanked, please would you therefore add our thanks to your boards?

I?ll let you know how much more comes in, thank you for your wonderful support!"

So, decent amount raised for a grateful charity, but 6-25? Surely not? Guys we have to keep going. Certainly we need to push through the low 700s.... :-)

Top effort by all concerned, will let you know of any updates on the total raised.

Edited by naeclue

CavySlaveJambo

First the response:

"

This is brilliant! We love this kind of fundraising, let us know if you ever want to do anymore.

So far the ?gesture? has raised about ?625, a nice little surprise for a Tuesday morning. As a new charity we?re super busy raising much needed funds and this will go a long way towards helping us achieve our aims. Most of the donations are anonymous and so can?t be thanked, please would you therefore add our thanks to your boards?

I?ll let you know how much more comes in, thank you for your wonderful support!"

So, decent amount raised for a grateful charity, but 6-25? Surely not? Guys we have to keep going. Certainly we need to push through the low 700s.... :-)

Top effort by all concerned, will let you know of any updates on the total raised.

Add in that which went to Scottish Autism.

hmfcfandon

First the response:

"

Decent amount. Well done everyone

Never disliked him to start with so a massive "well done" to him considering the shite some post about him.

Yep,

I went with Scottish autism too rather than the research one that was posted after.

Between the two we may get past the ?1515 target.

Jambo Ell

Well done and fair play Pat. Donation made.

Now how about you get on the pitch at Tynecastle at half time on Sunday, walk up to the Hibs fans in the Roseburn stand and give them the 5-1?

ArmiyaRomanova

Donated to Scottish Autism then realised Pat had mentioned Autism Research Trust so another donation made.

You're not the only one.

It's all good.

"Aye, see tha' Pa' Nevin...wan o oor ain likesay.

Haud oan...whit's tha' he's daein'? BOOOOOO"

Or something like that : D

I P Knightley

First the response:

"

Does this mean that the response came from Nevin himself? (Or a fellow Hibbee?)

Excellent stuff either way. Take it no coverage in the EEN?

Got it - almost unbelievably it's at 51:51 - I kid you not!!!

:10900:

Edit: Well nearly!

Edited by boohoo1902

I P Knightley

Cheers mate.

And Colin Murray's is a few minutes later, just as they go into Goal of the Month

is someone able to upload to youtube? outside of the UK so can't view iplayer

Edited by tom irving

Does this mean that the response came from Nevin himself? (Or a fellow Hibbee?)

Excellent stuff either way. Take it no coverage in the EEN?

I emailed the contact on the autism research just giving page, some guy called Sam. I think we have more than 700 with them. Worth checking in with Scottish Autism too and maybe get a combined total? Think we'll break a thousand.

Haven't seen story elsewhere, maybe saving it for Monday.

PsychocAndy

Maybe because Pat doesn't want to advertise a private family matter is why the papers aren't jumping in on the duped celeb bit again.

I'd rather not read about it in the papers, we made a private dare and Pat done it. Dont need to publicise it.

I P Knightley

I emailed the contact on the autism research just giving page, some guy called Sam. I think we have more than 700 with them. Worth checking in with Scottish Autism too and maybe get a combined total? Think we'll break a thousand.

Haven't seen story elsewhere, maybe saving it for Monday.

I thought the 7 and the zero may have been a wee hibbee dig.

Maybe because Pat doesn't want to advertise a private family matter is why the papers aren't jumping in on the duped celeb bit again.

I'd rather not read about it in the papers, we made a private dare and Pat done it. Dont need to publicise it.

Absolutely true but on the other hand, he's a patron of the charity so the publicity would be helpful to the cause.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Colin Murray was very sneaky! A good one though.

:jjyay:

Every football fan in Britain knows about they arseholes getting humiliated on the 19th May.

Feel sad for those pathetic little vermin. Not really though

I suppose, as a Hibs fan said to me 'at least we're in the final two years in a row.' :rofl:

Craigieboy

I suppose, as a Hibs fan said to me 'at least we're in the final two years in a row.' :rofl:

Nobody remembers the losers.

Unless they're the ones who were humiliated 5-1 in the biggest Edinburgh derby of all time.

:verysmug:

GIRUY.

Edited by Craigieboy

I thought the 7 and the zero may have been a wee hibbee dig.

Nah, it just struck me as ironic is all. We are up to 750 with autism research as of 5 minutes ago anyhow. Anyone got in touch with Scottish autism to see how we did there?

Franklin Delano Bluth

Nobody remembers the losers.

Unless they're the ones who were humiliated 5-1 in the biggest Edinburgh derby of all time.

:verysmug:

GIRUY.

I say that, and then they say 'Aye, but we'll be in Europe'. They seem to be convinced they'll get the money spinner against Liverpool or Spurs like we did. An absolute nap to get pumped out by Zeta about 6-0 on aggregate.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Obviously I can't resist a dare, especially if the Autism Research Trust makes a couple of quid. I didn't get back in until 3am after doing MOTD2 and first thing I thought when I woke up was, I wonder if they noticed it on JKB?

All a bit of fun and I have to reiterate that I am so impressed by the reaction on the site. I don't get to check it all very often as I am travelling a lot, but I have read the posts on this thread and have got nothing but positives to say about how you have treated it all. (Offering to pledge ?15.15 was genius).

I will be trying to contact a few of the guys personally on the core subject when I have time, meanwhile I have to prepare for the Chelsea v Spurs and help build some analysis tech stuff for the Scottish Cup final. It was suggested I do a Q& A at some point on JKB and I would be happy to do that, but maybe after I do one with the Hibs sites first, I am getting the odd shifty glance from some other Hibbees, though most have had the same attitude as yourselves, it has been fun.

Pat Nevin

I take my hat off to you. Football is about rivalry, but too, it should be about fun and friendship. Small things can mean an awful lot, I'm sure come Sunday, there will be some nonsense spouted (myself included) but when its over, there should be no malice, but good natured banter and bragging. Cant speak highly enough of your responses and dignity.

Update:

Pat was on Off the Ball today, co-hosting with Tam Cowan, (Danny Grainger was a guest)

and his 5-1 on MoTD2 was mentioned towards the end of the show.

Pat said over ?1000 had been raised from "Jambo's Kickback."

:thumb:

Update:

Pat was on Off the Ball today, co-hosting with Tam Cowan, (Danny Grainger was a guest)

and his 5-1 on MoTD2 was mentioned towards the end of the show.

Pat said over ?1000 had been raised from "Jambo's Kickback."

:thumb:

:bravo:

N Lincs Jambo

still not seen the video of this! anyone got a copy on youtube?

Not seen it on youtube but it is on the BBC Iplayer. The famous scene as at about 52 mins in. Calum Murray also gets a sneaks one in at around 57 mins.

• 6 years later...