Nevin does 5-1 on MotD2

londonjambo

CavySlaveJambo

As the father of a 14 year old son on the Autistic Spectrum could I humbly suggest that some donations at least be made to Lothian Autistic society (www.lothianautistic.org) They do a lot of good work in and around Edinburgh and the Lothians.

Well done Pat. A fantastic gesture.

Can I also add a plea for number 6 (www.number6.org.uk) who work with those aged 16 and over in Edinburgh and Lothians who are "high functioning" Autism doesn't go away just because you are an adult.

And it is a fantastic gesture

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I P Knightley

• naeclue

• Franklin Delano Bluth

• i8hibsh

Tremendous stuff, I'll donate what I can.

I agree with setting up a centralised system for Kickback, then distribute it accordingly.

Edit: How about 5 days of intense fundraising? ;)

Edited by Euan

Geoff Kilpatrick

Fair play to him. My youngest has high functioning autism so my hat is off in appreciation.

Was going to just donate to the link, but I'll wait and see if the mods can sort something...

Also, I think we should keep collecting until we get to a target of ?1515.15, then donate it all at once!

Edited by BigC

Boomstick

He has been the 2nd best pundit in the UK since Neville took the job at sky. Fair ****s to him.

GlasgoJambo

Superb. Just watched MOTD2 with my H1b5 mate and we both pissed ourselves. Goes above and beyond - well done Pat.

Wallets out folks.

kawasakijambo

?15.51 Donated

Andy

Edited by Dennis Raeder

Haha, Week before the derby aswell :D

Big respect to pat here, and getting it right up his fellow hibees. :gok:

One of the best.

Cracker, a real game changer!

That's how it's done Craigie :jj:

Craigieboy

Always thought Pat was a bit of a slaver but that is very good.

Well done Pat.

I'm sure jkb will stump up for the chosen cause.

:thumbsup:

Wee Robbo

Good to see this taken in the right manner with both sets of fans. I thought it was funny myself, lets hope this makes some cash for some good causes.

tartofmidlothian

is there any clips just went onto iplayer and it's not up yet

Don't think they put the MOTD shows on iPlayer. :(

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I remember for years they didn't but suddenly did and made a big deal out of it maybe 2-3 years ago but just had a look can't see MOTD or MOTD2 on there whereas football league show is

Hahaha fair play to him.

Won't go down well with the vermin.

the vermin are to busy with all their financial predictions about our future to worry about this i never knew so many accountants existed that could follow one club.

Guess The Crowd

Have a feeling its on later in Scotland than down here. He's talking after the round up of yesterday's games about clubs in the relegation fight and says that "Five [clubs] into one wont go" holding up the appropriate fingers on each hand. Have a look if its on later.

GC

Very clever way of working it in, too. Bravo.

I P Knightley

First on the list of suggested donations is ?15. Seems a fair amount. :lol:

Well done Pat.

?15 was my proposal on the other thread but I think this deserves the boat pushed out and I'll go the whole hog to ?19.02. Would be interested in donating through a central JKB point so will see what develops through the day.

Alan Johnson

They don't put MOTD up but MOTD2 usually comes up on Monday night or Tuesday :thumbsup:

Chaka Demus & pliers

Didn't see it. What was he talking about at the time or did he just randomly do it?

Fair play to him.

EreWeG0..

No. But you get it on virgin catch up.

Ron Burgundy

As the father of a 14 year old son on the Autistic Spectrum could I humbly suggest that some donations at least be made to Lothian Autistic society (www.lothianautistic.org) They do a lot of good work in and around Edinburgh and the Lothians.

Well done Pat. A fantastic gesture.

In the same boat,great idea.

N Lincs Jambo

Mrs N Lincs Jambo has just come out with an idea (usually wish she wouldn't but this is pretty good). What about a calendar with the 12 best celeb shots doing the 5-1? Proceeds to an autism charity agreed between JKB and Pat Nevin. Just a thought??

Geoff Kilpatrick

Mrs N Lincs Jambo has just come out with an idea (usually wish she wouldn't but this is pretty good). What about a calendar with the 12 best celeb shots doing the 5-1? Proceeds to an autism charity agreed between JKB and Pat Nevin. Just a thought??

Great shout! :thumbsup:

Must be 12 better celebs than Holly Willoughby ::troll:::'>

here's a screen grab.....and do you know what? Shearer Knew!

nevin1.jpg

That image is a thing of beauty. :)

Hannibal Lecter

Fair play to Pat for doing it on national TV on a show like MOTD, especially when he is a Hibs fan! Always came across as one of the better pundits in my opinion. Will never forget his outburst at half time of the AEK Athens game away leg, just slightly stopping short of calling the officials corrupt.

Will happily donate later on for this! My girlfriend works with a special needs class as a teaching assistant and many of the kids she works with are autistic plus her younger sister is autistic, so it is a cause close to home for me.

Top banter from Pat, donation made. Figure they'll realize the mix of 15 and 51s all come from us....

Oh, and there is a comment section where you can leave a wee note explaining the inspiration for the donation.

Edited by naeclue

PatrickNevin

Obviously I can't resist a dare, especially if the Autism Research Trust makes a couple of quid. I didn't get back in until 3am after doing MOTD2 and first thing I thought when I woke up was, I wonder if they noticed it on JKB?

All a bit of fun and I have to reiterate that I am so impressed by the reaction on the site. I don't get to check it all very often as I am travelling a lot, but I have read the posts on this thread and have got nothing but positives to say about how you have treated it all. (Offering to pledge ?15.15 was genius).

I will be trying to contact a few of the guys personally on the core subject when I have time, meanwhile I have to prepare for the Chelsea v Spurs and help build some analysis tech stuff for the Scottish Cup final. It was suggested I do a Q& A at some point on JKB and I would be happy to do that, but maybe after I do one with the Hibs sites first, I am getting the odd shifty glance from some other Hibbees, though most have had the same attitude as yourselves, it has been fun.

Pat Nevin

Jambos_1874

Obviously I can't resist a dare, especially if the Autism Research Trust makes a couple of quid. I didn't get back in until 3am after doing MOTD2 and first thing I thought when I woke up was, I wonder if they noticed it on JKB?

All a bit of fun and I have to reiterate that I am so impressed by the reaction on the site. I don't get to check it all very often as I am travelling a lot, but I have read the posts on this thread and have got nothing but positives to say about how you have treated it all. (Offering to pledge ?15.15 was genius).

I will be trying to contact a few of the guys personally on the core subject when I have time, meanwhile I have to prepare for the Chelsea v Spurs and help build some analysis tech stuff for the Scottish Cup final. It was suggested I do a Q& A at some point on JKB and I would be happy to do that, but maybe after I do one with the Hibs sites first, I am getting the odd shifty glance from some other Hibbees, though most have had the same attitude as yourselves, it has been fun.

Pat Nevin

I've always thought that one of the best things about rivalry between Hearts and Hibs fans is that it is generally good natured and there is a decent level of mutual respect (for the most part). There's a couple of clubs in the west who could learn a few things from the Hearts vs Hibs rivalry. Anyway, great to see you do the 5-1 on national TV Pat!!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Pat Nevin

Well done Mr Nevin Sir, and it has to be said, I have to admire your balls!

:oohmatron:

Pat Nevin

Fantastic, what a laugh. Just to check on the charity - I followed a link to Scottish Autism from the thread:

http://www.scottishautism.org/about/support-us/make-a-donation/

Is Autism Research a different group? Will have to rake out another 19.02 .......