Nevin does 5-1 on MotD2

londonjambo

Tommy Wiseau

Obviously I can't resist a dare, especially if the Autism Research Trust makes a couple of quid. I didn't get back in until 3am after doing MOTD2 and first thing I thought when I woke up was, I wonder if they noticed it on JKB?

All a bit of fun and I have to reiterate that I am so impressed by the reaction on the site. I don't get to check it all very often as I am travelling a lot, but I have read the posts on this thread and have got nothing but positives to say about how you have treated it all. (Offering to pledge ?15.15 was genius).

I will be trying to contact a few of the guys personally on the core subject when I have time, meanwhile I have to prepare for the Chelsea v Spurs and help build some analysis tech stuff for the Scottish Cup final. It was suggested I do a Q& A at some point on JKB and I would be happy to do that, but maybe after I do one with the Hibs sites first, I am getting the odd shifty glance from some other Hibbees, though most have had the same attitude as yourselves, it has been fun.

Pat Nevin

You're some machine, Nevin :lol: Great effort and I'm glad you've been getting the donations to back it up.

Never answered my question about Psycho Candy though. :dry:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I P Knightley

• naeclue

• Franklin Delano Bluth

• i8hibsh

Say What Again

This thread hasn't half brought a smile to my face.

Great stuff from Mr Nevin.

A wee donation on its way to the charity.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I hope Messrs Cosgrove and Cowan make a significant reference to this event in Off the Ball. :thumbsup:

:shitwine:

Obviously I can't resist a dare, especially if the Autism Research Trust makes a couple of quid. I didn't get back in until 3am after doing MOTD2 and first thing I thought when I woke up was, I wonder if they noticed it on JKB?

All a bit of fun and I have to reiterate that I am so impressed by the reaction on the site. I don't get to check it all very often as I am travelling a lot, but I have read the posts on this thread and have got nothing but positives to say about how you have treated it all. (Offering to pledge ?15.15 was genius).

I will be trying to contact a few of the guys personally on the core subject when I have time, meanwhile I have to prepare for the Chelsea v Spurs and help build some analysis tech stuff for the Scottish Cup final. It was suggested I do a Q& A at some point on JKB and I would be happy to do that, but maybe after I do one with the Hibs sites first, I am getting the odd shifty glance from some other Hibbees, though most have had the same attitude as yourselves, it has been fun.

Pat Nevin

Great stuff Pat, and all for a good cause :thumbsup:

i live outside the uk and am trying to make a donation by credit card..

Am i just being a donut, or is there no way to donate by cc?

i can only see a direct debit option....

Hagar the Horrible

Pat Nevin

You have just proved to me you are one of lifes good guys, so just donated ?5.10p and thanks for being such a great sport

So we're just donating directly rather than doing it as one lump? Donation is a donation but it's a shame we won't know what the 5-1 effect was! :)

So we're just donating directly rather than doing it as one lump? Donation is a donation but it's a shame we won't know what the 5-1 effect was! :)

when u make a donation, it asks u why u have made a donation.

The page is full of comments from Hearts fans.

Im sure they will be able to track how much we have donated.

Donation made.

Well done to Pat for taking the dare, I am sure the charities will be happy for the contributions they receive.

It would be good if the press picked up this thread, as it would show a better side of football whilst highlighting the charities to a wider audience.

Ron Burgundy

I take it we will all still be allowed to slate him after he slavers his usual warrier poet garbage after next Sunday's derby?

yvonnejambo

As a person who has given Pat a fair bit abuse in the past, I am thinking of him in a different light now. 1.coming on here to apologise (when no need) 2. doing the 5-1 on tv (takes a lot of balls considering its against his team) and 3. Coming back on here to do a Q and A and on top of it all helping raise money for a great cause. Pat Nevin I will never give you abuse again top man! :)

Franklin Delano Bluth

You can guarantee the EEN won't publicise this. Or if they do it will be "Cruel members of Hearts fan messageboard, Jambos Kickback, have tricked (maybe harassed) naive Pat Nevin into referencing Hearts 5-1 victory against rival, Hibernian in last years Scottish Cup final."

Arseholes.

I'll donate later today. Pat has shown he is up for a laugh and is one of the good guys. Now my favourite pundit.

Just donated ?5.10. Top banter!!!

Tried to make a second pledge of ?1.12 but has to be over ?2.00.

Put a special thanks to Pat Nevin as a message on the site as quite frankly he deserves it.

Cheers Pat!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Some of the posts on Hibs.net are brilliant. Posting through a river of tears to say how much 5-1 doesn't bother them.

:jjyay:

BlackhallJambo

Well done Pat. Fantastic gesture and for a worthy cause.

?19.05 donation

Well done Pat. Fantastic gesture and for a worthy cause.

?19.05 donation

?19.02?

Craigieboy

Why is the 5-1 insignificant? We still, pathetically, go on about 0-7 at any given chance, yet us getting humped in the biggest ever derby has somehow been rendered insignificant? No danger. As far as football results go, that one will haunt me more than any other.

:pleasing:

Telt.

Spot on mate!

Doh!!!

To be fair we have so many possible figures and dates to choose from.

Was hoping to find a figure in the ?15.00-?15.99 bracket that would result in a Hearts-related sum once the gift aid was added.

Sadly the gift aid figures skipped ?19.02 and ?18.74 so just went for a ?15.15 donation. Fair play to Pat!

jimmyjambo

Pat Nevin

Well done Pat, hopefully as you say the charity will do well out of it

Tams bird

Mrs N Lincs Jambo has just come out with an idea (usually wish she wouldn't but this is pretty good). What about a calendar with the 12 best celeb shots doing the 5-1? Proceeds to an autism charity agreed between JKB and Pat Nevin. Just a thought??

. Great idea.

I P Knightley

Was hoping to find a figure in the ?15.00-?15.99 bracket that would result in a Hearts-related sum once the gift aid was added.

Sadly the gift aid figures skipped ?19.02 and ?18.74 so just went for a ?15.15 donation. Fair play to Pat!

Looks like a bundle of ?5.10; ?15.15; ?15.51; ?18.74 and ?19.02s making their way on to the ART donation page. It would be great to know just how much the JKB contributions add up to - I've put mine on ART but others have gone to different autism charities.

Haven't seen an ?18.75 or a ?7.0 making it on. Don't they like a joke?

Maroon Sailor

That lot could peel a grapefruit in their pockets with boxing gloves on

Probably moment of the season! Well done Pat..probably didn't have to apologise and secondly didn't have to agree to the 5-1 on the show. Great stuff mate.

Jambotommy

I see no one noticed Colin doing the 5-1 right after the man city highlights...someone laughing in the background lol

scottish_chicP

I just donated ?5 as ?5.10 wouldn't work! How do you see the list of donations/comments?

What are they saying over the road about this?

:laugh:

Taking it in the right spirit.

Quality banter applauded by both sides, very nice.

EreWeG0..

here's a screen grab.....and do you know what? Shearer Knew!

nevin1.jpg

Fantastic picture.

You can see in both faces....Pat, knowing at that second he would see this image again (a lot)

Alan has a face of mischief....pat has told him all about it as alans expression is highly amused at a fellow ex player and pundit is doing a 'rival' salute....

Great stuff.

ArmiyaRomanova

Fair play to them - there's an ?18.75 in the comments now.

BlackhallJambo

I know a number of us have made individual contributions to ART following Pat`s fantastic 5-1 gesture.

However I think it would be fantastic, as suggested earlier in the thread if a dedicated donations page could be set up on KB. This would allow us to 1..get a figure from this website;2 show our erm neighbours that we have kept our word to Pat in a large and meaningful way and 3 make a difference to the charity Pat recommended Autism Research Trust.

Finally to show what a difference contributions make I have cut and pasted this from ART`s website

We rely on your donations to continue vital research into autism spectrum conditions

just-giving.jpg

Click on the logo to make a donation.

?100 would pay for someone with autism to travel to the Autism Research Centre in Cambridge for a day of testing, if necessary staying over night.

?1,000 would pay for a Cambridge autism scientist to attend the International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR) in North America, to exchange latest findings with other autism researchers from different countries.

?5,000 would pay for saliva samples to be analysed for different hormone levels in 250 people with autism and 250 ?controls?.

?10,000 would pay for cheek swab DNA to be analysed for genetic differences between 500 people with autism and 500 ?controls?.

?20,000 would pay for MRI brain scanning for 25 people with autism and 25 ?controls?.

?60,000 would pay for a PhD student autism research scholarship at Cambridge University for three years.

?250,000 would pay for a post-doctoral autism research staff at Cambridge University for five years.

:shitwine:

here's a screen grab.....and do you know what? Shearer Knew!

nevin1.jpg

Alan can't even begin to tell you how good that gesture is.

I'm pretty confused. Was he doing this to actually make a separate point about relegation and didn't realise he had done it or was he dared to do it? :11200:

Alba gu Brath

Shearer's coupon is rather amusing

post-736-13677958872619_thumb.jpg

Great stuff. Think Shearer knows the score an aw.

EreWeG0..

I'm pretty confused. Was he doing this to actually make a separate point about relegation and didn't realise he had done it or was he dared to do it? :11200:

Dared. The relegation point was to fit it in.