Nevin does 5-1 on MotD2

londonjambo

Rollercoaster

Well done Pat Nevin. I love the fact that I support Hearts and the Hibs are our rivals. Good, friendly banter (in the main) is what it should all be about.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I P Knightley

• naeclue

• Franklin Delano Bluth

• i8hibsh

I P Knightley

I know a number of us have made individual contributions to ART following Pat`s fantastic 5-1 gesture.

However I think it would be fantastic, as suggested earlier in the thread if a dedicated donations page could be set up on KB. This would allow us to 1..get a figure from this website;2 show our erm neighbours that we have kept our word to Pat in a large and meaningful way and 3 make a difference to the charity Pat recommended Autism Research Trust.

A bit late.

1. I'm guessing that there's at leat ?300 made its way onto ART already plus others onto the Scottish version.

2. They only need to log on to ART to see all the ?15.15s; ?18.74s; ?19.02s to figure that many of us have responded as Pat would have hoped.

I'm pretty confused. Was he doing this to actually make a separate point about relegation and didn't realise he had done it or was he dared to do it? :11200:

He was kind of dared when he popped into JKB the other week to (completely unnecessarily) apologise for something his son had done. A bit of arm twisting and, Hey Presto! You'll see from his own post earlier in this thread that he couldn't resist the "dare".

Best bit of the internet in a very, very long time!!

(I've forwarded some details to a mate who often gets stuff published in the main papers' sports pages. Will see if he's interested)

try the BBC iplayer

It's not.

:muggy:

From the iplayer site.

MOTD2 is also available to watch on-demand from BBC iPlayer, but due to rights reasons can only be included from midnight on the Tuesday night after the programme airs.

yvonnejambo

Donated ?15.15 would be good to see all the messages and total from Hearts fans though

scottish_chicP
Donated now ?5.10 sorry all I could afford .

I'm the same. Better than nothing. Everyone I know is doing some sort of fundraising just now so have paid out ?60 in sponsorship in the last 5 weeks!

I P Knightley

Those that have said in this thread how much they've donated totals up to ?207.42.

Many have said they've donated without saying how much.

The finance boys at ART are going to have the shock of their lives tomorrow when they get in in the morning; find all these odd figures, and receive the strange comments about Pat Nevin, Hearts & Hibs.

It will be surreal & I would love to be a fly on the wall.

yvonnejambo

Have the EEN latched on to this yet? It's defo local news worthy imo.

Probably to positive to print

hughesie27

Will donate ?5.10 when I get a chance later. Well Done pat.

Fiver sent in with a nice message to pat. For some reason they wouldn't accept the extra 10p on my phone...

hughesie27

Have the EEN latched on to this yet? It's defo local news worthy imo.

Hearts fans dupe Hibs pundit resulting in charity bemused at influx of bizzare donations.

scottish_chicP

Fiver sent in with a nice message to pat. For some reason they wouldn't accept the extra 10p on my phone...

I had the same problem!

The management team are aware of a few suggestions that we run a centralised JKB fundraising campaign. We've had a chat among ourselves, and for a number of reasons we feel that it would be better in this instance to let individuals make their own donations.

As you know, JKB does quite a bit of donating and fundraising for Hearts and Edinburgh related good causes, and we expect to be approaching members on behalf of a couple of these causes in the near future. These will be high priorities for both members and management here on JKB. When we approach members for funds you can appreciate that we're careful to focus on those Hearts and Edinburgh based good causes that are our highest priorities.

We're also conscious of the fact that it is actually more efficient for members to contribute directly to ART using the donation link provided. This saves on double charges for money transmission, and donations made by taxpayers in the UK are worth more if they make them directly to the charity because of the additional tax credit from Gift Aid. Donations made by people or bodies outside the UK (e.g. JKB, which is based in Canada) don't qualify for that additional credit.

http://autismresearchtrust.org/donate

kingantti1874

This is great, seriously I have always liked pat, even though a hibee the guy has always been honest and fair...

And this, great laugh - what footy is all about IMO...

Top stuff again pat

Biffa Bacon

The management team are aware of a few suggestions that we run a centralised JKB fundraising campaign. We've had a chat among ourselves, and for a number of reasons we feel that it would be better in this instance to let individuals make their own donations.

As you know, JKB does quite a bit of donating and fundraising for Hearts and Edinburgh related good causes, and we expect to be approaching members on behalf of a couple of these causes in the near future. These will be high priorities for both members and management here on JKB. When we approach members for funds you can appreciate that we're careful to focus on those Hearts and Edinburgh based good causes that are our highest priorities.

We're also conscious of the fact that it is actually more efficient for members to contribute directly to ART using the donation link provided. This saves on double charges for money transmission, and donations made by taxpayers in the UK are worth more if they make them directly to the charity because of the additional tax credit from Gift Aid. Dounations made by people or bodies outside the UK (e.g. JKB, which is based in Canada) don't qualify for that additional credit.

Fair Do's, there is a facility for all those who want to donate to do so.

Can you give us a hint of the causes? Might need to start saving. I, like many JKBers, have supported several donation threads on here, lets hope the positive contributions continue. Go us :)

Edited by Biffa Bacon

Gorgiewave

Obviously I can't resist a dare, especially if the Autism Research Trust makes a couple of quid. I didn't get back in until 3am after doing MOTD2 and first thing I thought when I woke up was, I wonder if they noticed it on JKB?

All a bit of fun and I have to reiterate that I am so impressed by the reaction on the site. I don't get to check it all very often as I am travelling a lot, but I have read the posts on this thread and have got nothing but positives to say about how you have treated it all. (Offering to pledge ?15.15 was genius).

I will be trying to contact a few of the guys personally on the core subject when I have time, meanwhile I have to prepare for the Chelsea v Spurs and help build some analysis tech stuff for the Scottish Cup final. It was suggested I do a Q& A at some point on JKB and I would be happy to do that, but maybe after I do one with the Hibs sites first, I am getting the odd shifty glance from some other Hibbees, though most have had the same attitude as yourselves, it has been fun.

Pat Nevin

Pat,

Great stuff, and nice to see. I have always liked the Edinburgh derby.

Now, what about double or quits? You somehow stymie Hibs in the Final and we double our donations? Come on, it's for charity 'n' all.

Gorgiewave

(You got a middle finger from me last 19 May from the car while you were walking on the pavement. I now apologise for that).

cookieboy

Pat,

Great stuff, and nice to see. I have always liked the Edinburgh derby.

Now, what about double or quits? You somehow stymie Hibs in the Final and we double our donations? Come on, it's for charity 'n' all.

Gorgiewave

(You got a middle finger from me last 19 May from the car while you were walking on the pavement. I now apologise for that).

:10900:

kingantti1874

:rofl: :rofl:

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

We're also conscious of the fact that it is actually more efficient for members to contribute directly to ART using the donation link provided. This saves on double charges for money transmission, and donations made by taxpayers in the UK are worth more if they make them directly to the charity because of the additional tax credit from Gift Aid. Donations made by people or bodies outside the UK (e.g. JKB, which is based in Canada) don't qualify for that additional credit.

Maybe Pat Nevin should set up a Just Giving page (which includes gift aid for those of you living in uk) :thumbsup:

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I P Knightley

This is such a joyful thread, I keep checking back. Had a read through the ART site and saw that Pat Nevin is one of their patrons.

Hopefully, ART will be giving him a buzz tomorrow to ask him wtf's going on. This has to be a bumper weekend for them.

Pat, if you check back in, give us a wee bit of feedback on how this has played out at the ranch?

Hackney Hearts

Pat used to go out with my (then) agent. I always knew he was a brave guy.

Well done Pat - donation on its way.

Hilary Briss

?15.51 donated by me - fair play to Pat Nevin, always thought he was good pundit - despite being a hobo - and has gone right up in my estimation after this......also well done to all who have contributed to very good cause !!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

This has to be one of my favourite JKB threads in a long time... genuinely uplifting and not a troll in sight! Keep it coming.

Wilmslow Jambo

Donated to Scottish Autism then realised Pat had mentioned Autism Research Trust so another donation made.

GlasgoJambo

Can anyone tell me if MOTD2 is on tv repeated?

MOTD2 is available on iplayer usually after midnight on Tuesday night. The 5-1 (1-5) is certainly the highlight in this week's show.

GlasgoJambo

I see no one noticed Colin doing the 5-1 right after the man city highlights...someone laughing in the background lol

For real? Will be analysing this when the repeat becomes available.