Webster

iantjambo

Tommy Wiseau

Right....................erm, was the marvellous Zal not in partnership with Webster to make the 2nd best defence in the league? ...Would Zal have coped any better if in Webster`s situation?

We`ll never know i suppose but debatable.

Careful, D4. You're forgetting who I'm replying to there.

With regards to the "would Zal have coped any better" part, the evidence suggests that he would have. When he plays, we concede less, when he doesn't, we concede more and lose more. There is little evidence of that with Webster, as much as I think he is good.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clerry Jambo

We had the second best defence in the league when Zaliukas was fit. Now it's the 7th best with "captain Webster" taking charge. That's a strange one, eh Winston? You wouldn't think that when "captain Webster" is so good and "bombscare" is so bad, would you?

Tommy, your love of Zal is indeed unhealthy

On most threads it's having a pop at Webby and how we miss "the great Zal" bla bla

I do agree that Zal is more than likely being missed, but it's the shite in front of Webby and not him that's the problem

As Winnie has continually suggested, where are all these top clubs queuing up to sign our Lithuanian Beckenbeur??

whitedevries

How did the Dundee boy not get booked after scoring? Practically over the Tay bridge before he came back on the park!

Tommy Wiseau

Next thing is.

Somebody will come on here claiming twenty six handed Dundee six points this season on a plate,with a penalty at Tynecastle,and giving away a free kick at Dens.

No answer to my question, but a poor effort at a troll instead. Your heart isn't in this game anymore, Winston :( Sad to see :(

rossthejambo

Right....................erm, was the marvellous Zal not in partnership with Webster to make the 2nd best defence in the league? ...Would Zal have coped any better if in Webster`s situation?

We`ll never know i suppose but debatable.

Seeing as Webster's absences in the team were barely noticed when Zal was there I think it's pretty clear that we already know, or at least those that aren't blinded by "Zal seethe".

Careful, D4. You're forgetting who I'm replying to there.

With regards to the "would Zal have coped any better" part, the evidence suggests that he would have. When he plays, we concede less, when he doesn't, we concede more and lose more. There is little evidence of that with Webster, as much as I think he is good.

haha...i suppose.

Like you say though, little evidence without Webster because he`s actually been fit for most of the season......the problem has been the splitting up of a solid partnership.

While we probably should have adapted better its always hard to develop a solid understanding very quickly with someone new. Wilson may come good with a pre- season at Hearts and have gained more experience but i always wondered who would be a good stop gap for us if either Zal or Webby got injured? I don`t think we really had one and had to hope the main two stayed fit.

Seeing as Webster's absences in the team were barely noticed when Zal was there I think it's pretty clear that we already know, or at least those that aren't blinded by "Zal seethe".

Zal seethe?

ffs, i think most Hearts fans like Zal......They just don`t give him head over the internet at every opportunity like some.

Tommy Wiseau

Tommy, your love of Zal is indeed unhealthy

On most threads it's having a pop at Webby and how we miss "the great Zal" bla bla

I do agree that Zal is more than likely being missed, but it's the shite in front of Webby and not him that's the problem

As Winnie has continually suggested, where are all these top clubs queuing up to sign our Lithuanian Beckenbeur??

Please feel free to show me anywhere I have had a pop at Webster's ability. As I have said time and time and time again, I think he is a very good SPL defender, although not the player he was when he left first time. I have, when merited, questioned whether he is offering enough in terms of form or leadership, and I fail to see how that is out of order after the season he has had. If you're going to wire in, Clerry, at least get it right ffs. Pretty poor diving in to defend Winston and his trolling, especially when you've made it up to suit.

PS. Who actually gives a **** who is in or not in for Zaliukas? :lol: All that matters is how he performs for Hearts and, as it happens, he is our best player by a mile and arguably the best centre back in the league - certainly the most important to his team.

Clerry Jambo

Please feel free to show me anywhere I have had a pop at Webster's ability. As I have said time and time and time again, I think he is a very good SPL defender, although not the player he was when he left first time. I have, when merited, questioned whether he is offering enough in terms of form or leadership, and I fail to see how that is out of order after the season he has had. If you're going to wire in, Clerry, at least get it right ffs. Pretty poor diving in to defend Winston and his trolling, especially when you've made it up to suit.

PS. Who actually gives a **** who is in or not in for Zaliukas? :lol: All that matters is how he performs for Hearts and, as it happens, he is our best player by a mile and arguably the best centre back in the league - certainly the most important to his team.

Bwahaaha, "wiring in", av no even started with you Tommy lad!!!!!

Anyway, Webby and Zal are not the main problem we have, I think we all agree that other areas of the team need "severe" strengthening.

Tommy Wiseau

haha...i suppose.

Like you say though, little evidence without Webster because he`s actually been fit for most of the season......the problem has been the splitting up of a solid partnership.

While we probably should have adapted better its always hard to develop a solid understanding very quickly with someone new. Wilson may come good with a pre- season at Hearts and have gained more experience but i always wondered who would be a good stop gap for us if either Zal or Webby got injured? I don`t think we really had one and had to hope the main two stayed fit.

It's fair to say that Webster has been consistently fit over the last 2 seasons, so you are working with a smaller sample, and yes, the replacements haven't cut the mustard really. Danny Wilson and Andy Webster should be more than good enough for this level of football though, it is worrying they haven't been.

Anyway, I only got involved in this to point out to Winston that his trolling was riddled with plot holes and I've not seen the game from today, so I'll leave you lot to it :lol:

mahgrassyshoes

Thought Webster did enough to win a foul before the first booking. If the second one was a booking every centre half in every game would be getting sent off. It was just 2 boys going for a header, nothing more.

As an aside, when was the last time a centre half got sent off for 2 fouls. That ref was really shite today.

portobellojambo1

His first booking was merited, guy went past him and he tugged his shirt. Second, I will have to wait and see on any TV replays. It looked fairly innocuous at the game, and not deserving of a yellow card which meant a sending off, a different angle might show something else. Did it change the game, I'm not honestly convinced it did, apart from the deflection, which led to their goal I think both teams could have played all day and all night and never managed to score. It was, unfortunately, one of those games that can be summed up with the phrase end of season stuff. Might have been more disappointed in what was on offer if it had been full price for entry, but at ?10 I suppose you just have to take it on the chin and move on.

If Dundee stay up.They should invite twenty six to their player of the year bash.

Can they also invite you.

And can you stay there? For good.

Libertonian_II

Whether the bookings were merited or not, it sounds like he's been pretty hopeless for most of this season.

It's become more evident since Zal's been out, granted.

Maybe this is an overreaction from someone who doesn't get to see a many games as they'd like to, but at the moment I wouldn't be fussed at all if he heads elsewhere, especially given our financial situation.

Aside from a host of less than stellar performances, he doesn't strike me as a leader on or off the park.

Best of luck and all that, and thanks for your contribution to last year, but the time may have come to part ways.

Have to disagree. Websters been one of our more consistent performers this season. Seems like his sending off was very harsh. No problem with him being captain after Zaliukas.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

He may also have played a part in Hibernians winning our cup :sob:

No joy in getting a hobby/life then Winston? Still winding up internet strangers on a Saturday night?

Ach well, chin up mate.

Thankfully the judas arsehole will be gone soon.

You're an embarrassment.

We_are_the_Hearts

Stroller was unlucky with his 2nd booking but accepted it like a man and a good captain of our club. Some of the comments on here are embarrassing. As for winston, stop feeding the wee twisted troll

Independence

Do one!

This shows how low KB standards have dropped in recent years!

:facepalm:

Kickback is for arseholes................................. sometimes.

dundee are down who gives a **** anyway. 'bomber' brown is a tit and even tho our record is shocking against them this season they are in the 1st division and we're no. Webster please stay!! our season finished after chucking the cup final. lets concentrate on next season

Rudolf's Mate

If Dundee stay up.They should invite twenty six to their player of the year bash.

Unless St Mirren are docked points or Dundee are awarded extra, about as much chance as us qualifying for Europe.......

Unless I heard wrong on the news, Dundee are down?!

Unless St Mirren are docked points or Dundee are awarded extra, about as much chance as us qualifying for Europe.......

Unless I heard wrong on the news, Dundee are down?!

9 points remaining, 8 behind mate.

Snake Plissken

No joy in getting a hobby/life then Winston? Still winding up internet strangers on a Saturday night?

Ach well, chin up mate.

mqdefault.jpg

lost in space

Whether Webster should have been sent off or not - time for him to go. We should not show him any loyalty - he hardly showed any to us. I was not keen when he re-signed for us - but he got his head down and has mostly played well for us since. He is getting older and slower and I dont think he is now the man to be our leader at the back (presuming Zal goes). Even with a reduced wage, we can get a better experienced centre back who is not "passed his prime".

Rudolf's Mate

9 points remaining, 8 behind mate.

:facepalm: BBC at its best reporting late yesterday they were down despite winning!

I like Webster and I think he is a very good player and his sending off was very harsh from a ridiculous 'referee'. However, I do think it is time he steps up and takes more responsibility.

I've never seen a player get so bad so quickly

Its because Zal's not there to hold his hand.

Webster has only ever performed well when he's got another dominant centre half alongside him.

Pressley, Zal or even that donut Gary Kenneth.

If Lockie's gonna keep Webster next season he'd be as well not signing Danny Wilson and going for a big lump like Fraser Wright to partner him.

Its because Zal's not there to hold his hand.

Webster has only ever performed well when he's got another dominant centre half alongside him.

Pressley, Zal or even that donut Gary Kenneth.

If Lockie's gonna keep Webster next season he'd be as well not signing Danny Wilson and going for a big lump like Fraser Wright to partner him.

Correct.

Our defence has been a collective bombscare since Zaliukas got injured.

Correct.

Not so long since the intellectuals on here were calling Zaliukas the bombscare

Snake Plissken

Correct.

Truer words are seldom uttered.

I shudder to think where we could have been this season if Zal wasn't around for most of it.

davemclaren

Not so long since the intellectuals on here were calling Zaliukas the bombscare

More a brainfart man than a bombscare to be fair.

Webster is a ******* knob, and a bog standard defender.

I can't actually comprehend anyone who still thinks he is a better player than Zal :rofl:

winston churchill

It's a pity nobody rates twenty six outside JKB.

Has he signed a pre contract with anybody ?

Is the Russian transfer window still open ?

We defo have missed Zal but I think people are underestimating the loss of Ryan McGowan to our defence as well. Right back has been a real problem for us in the second half of this season. Can't lay all the blame for that at Websters door

winston churchill

We defo have missed Zal but I think people are underestimating the loss of Ryan McGowan to our defence as well. Right back has been a real problem for us in the second half of this season. Can't lay all the blame for that at Websters door

You can also chuck Granger into the mix.

Why would a club in China pay half a million for a guy playing out of position,but not touch old twenty six with a barge pole ?

Has he signed a pre contract with anybody ?

Is the Russian transfer window still open ?

It's a pity you became an utter parody of yourself several months ago and are now one of the most, if not the most, tragic people on the planet.

I'LL GO ON A SHITE HEARTS WEBSITE AND SAY NEGATIVE THINGS BECAUSE IT REALLY ANNOYS PEOPLE. HUR HUR HUR.

Except it doesn't, does it? Poor wee man.

*ruffles hair*

Second booking was for a total fair challenge. Both went for the ball and Webster was looking at the ball the entire time. It should of been let go but Beaton been having a nightmare lately and was worse when at Tynie a few weeks ago.

suppose we'll just wait and see how the player of the year voting goes

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Whether Webster should have been sent off or not - time for him to go. We should not show him any loyalty - he hardly showed any to us. I was not keen when he re-signed for us - but he got his head down and has mostly played well for us since. He is getting older and slower and I dont think he is now the man to be our leader at the back (presuming Zal goes). Even with a reduced wage, we can get a better experienced centre back who is not "passed his prime".

This for me. He isn't worth keeping in the 'upper-wage bracket'. Also, he can do one if he expects any loyalty, or thanks from the club.

Webster is a ******* knob, and a bog standard defender.

I can't actually comprehend anyone who still thinks he is a better player than Zal :rofl:

Webster was long ago an established quality defender....at the age of around 23 he played his part in an historic Hearts season before his contract episode.

He was quality at an early age and its alot of absolute sheight about him needing someone quality beside him. Bunch of wee laddies on here that only see what they want to see.............

Maybe if Webster was as wacky as Zal by riding on a kids amusement ride he`d be as much as hero as Big Zal? :Aye:

Webster was long ago an established quality defender....at the age of around 23 he played his part in an historic Hearts season before his contract episode.

He was quality at an early age and its alot of absolute sheight about him needing someone quality beside him. Bunch of wee laddies on here that only see what they want to see.............

Maybe if Webster was as wacky as Zal by riding on a kids amusement ride he`d be as much as hero as Big Zal? :Aye:

or if he had the same leadership skills or if he didn't get outmuscled by every striker that comes near him

or if he had the same leadership skills or if he didn't get outmuscled by every striker that comes near him

Listen mate, the fact is Webster has helped Zal blossom.

Zal has only matured in the last couple of seasons , probably under JJ in 2010/11 season when Webster came backwas when it started.. Webster was immense in many games back then, its clear injury has slowly or is slowly hampering Webster.............Webster may not play much longer at SPL level than 33,34 if lucky, that says it all but the guy is a very good defender.

Tommy Wiseau

Listen mate, the fact is Webster has helped Zal blossom.

Zal has only matured in the last couple of seasons , probably under JJ in 2010/11 season when Webster came backwas when it started.. Webster was immense in many games back then, its clear injury has slowly or is slowly hampering Webster.............Webster may not play much longer at SPL level than 33,34 if lucky, that says it all but the guy is a very good defender.

Sorry man, but that is a myth. Zaliukas was a key figure in 09/10 when we finished third, and our results turned immediately disastrous when he was frozen out in 10/11 - all before Webster arrived. I like Webster and think they have formed a good partnership, but giving him credit for Zaliukas' development really irritates me.

Archived