Webster

iantjambo

Were his 2 bookings merited?

If so I hope the club hammers him. Cost us the game imo. As soon as we had to go 1 up front I knew we wern't scoring.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew we weren't scoring this morning. Because we are shite.

We scored 5 in our previous 2 games

What games will he miss?

I think he has an automatic suspension for next week and anymore will depend on whether or not he's gone over the points threshold.

Could be completly wrong though

Prince Buaben

We scored 5 in our previous 2 games

4 in one game ... Then back to normal last week

Harsh to suggest that about Webster.

Was a fairly meaningful fixture that we would have probably lost anyway.

Now means he'll get a rest for the derby which could work in our favour.

I knew we weren't scoring this morning. Because we are shite.

Your name suits you. Have to laugh at posts like this.

Disappointed in stroller today. Usually very solid player.

Harsh to suggest that about Webster.

Was a fairly meaningful fixture that we would have probably lost anyway.

Now means he'll get a rest for the derby which could work in our favour.

Seriously, you think,even with 11 men, that we would have lost a game against the leagues weakest team regardless?

Holy ****, if thats how far we've fell then just lock the feckin doors now!!

The Comedian

Your name suits you. Have to laugh at posts like this.

Disappointed in stroller today. Usually very solid player.

tumblr_lrp7j8H5Mn1qm9aq0.gif

Cost us the game today. Need experienced players to wake up and stop taking daft bookings

I'll admit if replays show differently but it looked like Beaton cost us the game today from my view. Webster went for a header, eyes on the ball and ended up clashing heads with the Dundee boy. If that's a second yellow then football's gone soft.

Seriously, you think,even with 11 men, that we would have lost a game against the leagues weakest team regardless?

They'd beaten us on 2 of the 3 occasions earlier this season.

Dundee are in the best form they've been in all season and are playing for survival albeit with a slim chance.

We don't exactly have an awful lot to play for.

Minus the derby, I couldn't really give much of a toss about the rest of the season.

Let's just give some young lads a chance and get this campaign over and done with and move on for next season.

This season has been horrible and being stuck in the bottom 6 sums that up.

Tommy Wiseau

Am I right in thinking we have scored one goal against this first division outfit?

Got to laugh at how hilariously bad that is :lol:

On topic, Webster has not been good enough this season for me. Exposed as badly off form for the majority of the time Zaliukas has been out.

Rudolf's Mate

If so I hope the club hammers him. Cost us the game imo. As soon as we had to go 1 up front I knew we wern't scoring.

This is a catastrophic post, one deserving of one of these :facepalm:

Clearly you weren't at the game yet you ask if his cards were merited and if so, the club should hammer him.

You'd have been better starting a thread saying you hate the guy and he's a judas!

Why should the club 'hammer' Webster for it? Bookings happen in football, it's a contact sport. :rolleyes:

This is a catastrophic post, one deserving of one of these :facepalm:

Clearly you weren't at the game yet you ask if his cards were merited and if so, the club should hammer him.

You'd have been better starting a thread saying you hate the guy and he's a judas!

The fact I asked if his cards were merited pretty much makes it clear I wasn't at the game.

As for the bit in bold :facepalm: right back at you.

Gary Locke is not happy with 2nd yellow, per radio interview BBC Scotland.

as previously stated eyes on ball, no lead with elbow, unnecessary 2nd yellow.

Given some of the challenges I have witnessed this year and Wilson for Celtic against young Paterson comes to mind.

both feet up Paterson's back, not even booked, usual double standards.

agree however Webster seems either unfit or struggling without Zal.

Be interesting to see defense next week given Wilson likely to still be absence.

Just hope we are up for derby.

When a player goes through the points barrier the ban comes into effect after 14 days. If he has gone though the barrier his ban will rule him out of the derby as well as automatically being suspended for the St Mirren game.

FarmerTweedy

You have no idea if his bookings were merited or not (which suggests that you weren't at the game), yet in your opinion, he cost us the game?

:cornette:

:facepalm:

:vrface:

FarmerTweedy

Aye, cos that hasn't happened at all already this season, never mind twice.

:vrface::facepalm::vrface:

Aye, cos that hasn't happened at all already this season, never mind twice.

:vrface::facepalm::vrface:

So, we should just expect to lose another?

FarmerTweedy

Am I right in thinking we have scored one goal against this first division outfit?

Got to laugh at how hilariously bad that is :lol:

On topic, Webster has not been good enough this season for me. Exposed as badly off form for the majority of the time Zaliukas has been out.

It's not as bad as it could be, the last time we were big cup holders and they'd just been promoted (98-99 season) they beat us all four times!

You have no idea if his bookings were merited or not (which suggests that you weren't at the game), yet in your opinion, he cost us the game?

:cornette:

:facepalm:

:vrface:

Fair enough, I can see where your coming from. It would just seem a pretty fair assumption.

Tommy Wiseau

It's not as bad as it could be, the last time we were big cup holders and they'd just been promoted (98-99 season) they beat us all four times!

True. I remember speaking to a livid Stephane Adam after one of the defeats at Dens. "They are ****ing shit", was his analysis of the match :lol:

But at least they were an SPL outfit then, they had earned their place, not been handed it after preparing for life in the first division up until 2 weeks before kick off. :vrface:

FarmerTweedy

So, we should just expect to lose another?

No, but you'd have to be astonishingly stupid not to be able to see that it would at least be a distinct possibility.

FarmerTweedy

Fair enough, I can see where your coming from. It would just seem a pretty fair assumption.

It would seem a pretty unfair assumption to me. It's not as if there's never been an instance of a Hearts player getting an unmerited booking before, is it?

No, but you'd have to be astonishingly stupid not to be able to see that it would at least be a distinct possibility.

I'm not saying it's not a possibility. what I'm saying is we shouldn't be expecting to get beat.

It would seem a pretty unfair assumption to me. It's not as if there's never been an instance of a Hearts player getting an unmerited booking before, is it?

Yes, which is why I asked if his bookings were merited.

Like you said I wasn't at he game so it's pretty unfair that I accuse him of costing us the game.

Can someone who was at the game say if they felt Websters sending off was the difference today.

whitedevries

If you lead with your arm/elbow going for a high ball - it's a booking! He was doing it all game and has been all season. he was up against Carl Fiinigan and just wasn't good enough. The first card was his weekly bombscare moment!

The Old Tolbooth

His first booking was for his first tackle of the game, and if that was a booking then so were at least 2 challenges by Dundee players beforehand, but they seemed to get away with absolute murder! The second booking to me looked like a clash of heads, and unless something else happened that I missed then it was never a booking, Beaton was shocking, letting Dundee players off with niggly fouls the whole match and not even speaking to them for some poor challenges, which are expected from a nut job of a side managed by that verminous piece of filth John Brown, they booted us off the park for the first 20 minutes and then when Webster was sent packing they calmed down a bit.

Hearts were poor today, even with 11 men, but Dundee were every bit as bad if not worse and thank feck it was only a tenner to get in! :lol:

Rudolf's Mate

The fact I asked if his cards were merited pretty much makes it clear I wasn't at the game.

As for the bit in bold :facepalm: right back at you.

My point was that despite asking if merited, it was clear you wanted to lay the blame at his door. Why else start a thread asking!

Cupar Jambo

I'll admit if replays show differently but it looked like Beaton cost us the game today from my view. Webster went for a header, eyes on the ball and ended up clashing heads with the Dundee boy. If that's a second yellow then football's gone soft.

Like you 1902 I was convinced he made an effort to head the ball and clashed heads, interesting to see replays. Thought Beaton was awful

My point was that despite asking if merited, it was clear you wanted to lay the blame at his door. Why else start a thread asking!

Fair enough, and later in the thread I conceded I was wrong to assume that the loss was down to his red card.

We never looked like we going to win this game today

Hamil was a nightmare .. how many times did he actually pass a decent ball

McDonald did same as he does everyweek .. blooter up park to Sutton

Medhi ..why does this guy even get a game

Only deceng tackle all game was McHatties.

Lockie .. need do better mate.

Chris Benoit

2nd was never a booking, possibly fouled in lead up to 1st booking but didn't get a good view of it.

Boaby Ewing

Whether the bookings were merited or not, it sounds like he's been pretty hopeless for most of this season.

It's become more evident since Zal's been out, granted.

Maybe this is an overreaction from someone who doesn't get to see a many games as they'd like to, but at the moment I wouldn't be fussed at all if he heads elsewhere, especially given our financial situation.

Aside from a host of less than stellar performances, he doesn't strike me as a leader on or off the park.

Best of luck and all that, and thanks for your contribution to last year, but the time may have come to part ways.

Rudolf's Mate

Fair enough, and later in the thread I conceded I was wrong to assume that the loss was down to his red card.

No worries mate. Admittedly Webby has had a few wobbles of late however Zal would have been driven out by an angry mob with pitchforks before he nailed it.

Webster is a very good player and I'd love to see him stay if we could keep Zal.

will we do this with every player who gets sent off then?

ffs.........he`s out there competing.

Saint Jambo

First booking was deserved in the sense that he was on the ground and hauled the attacker down to stop him getting away. But will be interested to see whether the attacker fouled him to result in him being on the ground in the first place. In the second half, a very similar situation in reverese led to a foul being awarded to the Dundee defender who had been caught in possession. Webster had been played into trouble by a poor pass from McHattie, although he should then just have blasted it up or out the park.

The second booking wasn't deserved. Webster was beaten to a header and collided heads. Foul, but never a booking. Ref gave in to pressure from the players and crowd whilst Webster was recieving treatment. The ref gave numerous other fouls for challenges for high balls but didn't feel the need to book any of them. The worst of which was a Dundee player going right over the top of the Hearts attacker in the second half. By the stage of the sending off the ref had also choosen not to book a Dundee attacker for going in high on McDonald or another Dundee player for taking out McHattie late, despite indicating he had also committed a number of other fouls.

The ref was awful. Very inconsistent. Booked Mehdi for dissent, but then ignored a Dundee attacker yelling abuse at the linesman a couple of minutes later. He also seemed set against booking Dundee playyers. The number of times Dundee committed cynical fouls to stop Hearts breaking quickly out of defence went beyond a joke. The worst fould be a Hearts player was McHattie down in the left corner in the second half when the winger turned him and the ref failed to book him. Ref finally decided to get his cards out against Dundee after they had scored. Didn't think the Dundee player deserved to be sent off either, barely raised his hands.

Over all ref ruined the game.

Saint Jambo

Did captain Webster give away the free kick,or let a dead ball in from 40 yards ?

Assume you weren't there? Massive deflection off Stevenson for the goal. No way you can blame McDonald for letting it in and I'm not keen on him.

will we do this with every player who gets sent off then?

ffs.........he`s out there competing.

If the sending off is deserved then yes

Tommy Wiseau

Did captain Webster give away the free kick,or let a dead ball in from 40 yards ?

We had the second best defence in the league when Zaliukas was fit. Now it's the 7th best with "captain Webster" taking charge. That's a strange one, eh Winston? You wouldn't think that when "captain Webster" is so good and "bombscare" is so bad, would you?

Fackin hate Dundee.............I was working today but had the radio on driving home from the Weege and listened to the 2nd half..........All i could hear was mumping and moaning Dungdee fans in the background.

Bunch of greeting faced furcks......non stop whinging..........( i know i am doing so here but im just making my point.... :crowngrin: )

We had the second best defence in the league when Zaliukas was fit. Now it's the 7th best with "captain Webster" taking charge. That's a strange one, eh Winston? You wouldn't think that when "captain Webster" is so good and "bombscare" is so bad, would you?

Right....................erm, was the marvellous Zal not in partnership with Webster to make the 2nd best defence in the league? ...Would Zal have coped any better if in Webster`s situation?

We`ll never know i suppose but debatable.

winston churchill

Next thing is.

Somebody will come on here claiming twenty six handed Dundee six points this season on a plate,with a penalty at Tynecastle,and giving away a free kick at Dens.

Archived