The Death of Debate on JKB

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

JamboGraham
I am suggesting nothing else because assuming there is a major downturn in tickets sold, we would have to see how Vlad reacts first.

Absolutely no one else has put forward any other type of suggestion that would possibly force a change. No protest movement, nothing. I am not the only one to mention ST's, other have too.

I dont even know if it would work anyway, but we have to at least try something. What would YOU do?

I have said before. I respect the right to protest in any way that people see fit. However, what I find fault with is the definition of "change". What is change?

Members of this site will view this as everything from Romanov packing his bags and leaving the club 100% right through to just selecting a manager and leaving him to run things on the field (in fact this last one seems to be the requirement for many, including myself).

I just ask that everyone considers fully and makes clear what the intention of any protest is. If we use JKB as a measure of this then any protest would have a group of people all with different markers of success from this protest.

I would ask any potential protesters to consider the following, "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it".

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
What my problem with your stance on not renewing is trying to persuade others and you are not giving any alternative.I may or may not agree you but it must be up to each individual whether to renew or not.

Because there IS no alternative being put forward.

If there was I would be grateful because I do not want NOT to have a season ticket either. I WANT to be there every week.

Do you have an alternative? I have asked you already. Come up with something of your own. It seems to be the easy path to criticise those who attempt a suggestion when you know something needs doing but you have NOTHING to offer yourself.

How do any of us know what is right? You have to try SOMETHING

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I have said before. I respect the right to protest in any way that people see fit. However, what I find fault with is the definition of "change". What is change?

Members of this site will view this as everything from Romanov packing his bags and leaving the club 100% right through to just selecting a manager and leaving him to run things on the field (in fact this last one seems to be the requirement for many, including myself).

I just ask that everyone considers fully and makes clear what the intention of any protest is. If we use JKB as a measure of this then any protest would have a group of people all with different markers of success from this protest.

I would ask any potential protesters to consider the following, "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it".

We did. The White Knight. And look how we are now.

Every time someone mentions protest, they are shouted down with the same old warcries of "it will achieve nothing" "No one will bother" "Get lost" etc.

How do you change that?

flecktimus
It's going pear-shaped, as things stand. We gotta do something.

Unless you have a better idea?

Not made up my mind about Vlad yet Always said i would give to the end of the season before letting my feelings known. If i decide that i don't like whats happening i will put ideas forward.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Not made up my mind about Vlad yet Always said i would give to the end of the season before letting my feelings known. If i decide that i don't like whats happening i will put ideas forward.

End of what season?

We need YOUR ideas NOW.

jambovambo

Don't forget the woeful position we were in last December. There was a real upsurge in comment and complaint on here then. We were - what - 11th in the league at one point?

What we got from that was, on Jan 1st, SF getting "temporary" manager status, and a promise of a real manager.

It seems very likely that we have been p'shed on with the Jan 1st statement - that has been long discussed on here.

Maybe - just maybe - something like a considerable reduction in ST sales - or even just a considerable delay in that uptake ... might have more effect this time.

"Be careful what you wish for" ? Easy - I wish for my club back.

JamboGraham
We did. The White Knight. And look how we are now.

Every time someone mentions protest, they are shouted down with the same old warcries of "it will achieve nothing" "No one will bother" "Get lost" etc.

How do you change that?

Take it off line and make it real...

Name your date, name your time, name your venue, state a clear objective.

flecktimus
End of what season?

We need YOUR ideas NOW.

As i said not made up my mind yet.But i will PM you with my ideas if i decide that is the way i want to go.

JamboGraham

"Be careful what you wish for" ? Easy - I wish for my club back.

Not easy at all...

"I wish for my club back" is a nice sound bite but means nothing.

What do you really want jambovambo?

Romanov to leave the club?

A new manager?

A bigger transfer budget?

etc, etc, etc....

State the objective and ask for people to back you.

jambovambo
Not easy at all...

"I wish for my club back" is a nice sound bite but means nothing.

What do you really want jambovambo?

Romanov to leave the club?

A new manager?

A bigger transfer budget?

etc, etc, etc....

State the objective and ask for people to back you.

A conventional management system in place - particularly an experienced manager, who decides without interference who plays and who doesn't.

A team playing to their abilities, and achieving much better value for money than has been realised in the last two seasons.

A board / owner(s) who communicate sincerely and regularly with the fans / supporters / media, and treat us with respect, because it/they know and understand that this is a football club, with a long tradition in the local community and with a proud status in Scottish football as one of the oldest clubs.

Goodness' sake - I could go on.

Note - no mention of "Vlad must go" / "Liths GTF" etc ... it's up to the current owners whether they are willing or able to provide this.

JamboGraham
A conventional management system in place - particularly an experienced manager, who decides without interference who plays and who doesn't.

A team playing to their abilities, and achieving much better value for money than has been realised in the last two seasons.

A board / owner(s) who communicate sincerely and regularly with the fans / supporters / media, and treat us with respect, because it/they know and understand that this is a football club, with a long tradition in the local community and with a proud status in Scottish football as one of the oldest clubs.

Goodness' sake - I could go on.

Note - no mention of "Vlad must go" / "Liths GTF" etc ... it's up to the current owners whether they are willing or able to provide this.

Well you now have one supporter...me!

I agree with all of that 100%. I hope that the current owners can provide this as I believe that they have the skills, the network and, very important in modern football, the cash to achieve this.

I do not feel a mass protest would be effective for this. However, if anyone has delayed in the purchase of their season ticket, or is not going to renew then write a letter to Hearts telling them of this and send a copy to a selected newspaper stating clearly your expectations and reasons for not renewing (Scotsman?)

I think we often over estimate the power of this board. Often the "old school" style of communication is the most effective. I think the message would be quite clear if hundreds (or thousands) of letters arrived every day at Tynecastle and the Scotsman.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Cosa, where did the rest of this thread go?

Are you having a little fun at SUSSs' expense?;)

There were some posts about how the forum should be moderated. I moved them to a new thread on the Suggestions forum.

cosanostra

As if i would do that. ;)

It went off topic so one of the admins moved it the suggestions bit, i gave you reply on that thread.

Guest S.U.S.S.
There were some posts about how the forum should be moderated. I moved them to a new thread on the Suggestions forum.

Ha, cool, I thought Cosa was making a point (which i was missing!!) ;)

Cheers for the clarification.

[cancels big post of outrage at posts being removed]

:)

Guest S.U.S.S.
As if i would do that. ;)

It went off topic so one of the admins moved it the suggestions bit, i gave you reply on that thread.

;)

Ur one of the good guys!

good, guy, good guy, mod edit!;)

Terrible Trio
You fit that bill perfectly with your pro Rangers and Chelsea views.

So have a word with yourself.

your point is what??????

jambovambo
Well you now have one supporter...me!

I agree with all of that 100%. I hope that the current owners can provide this as I believe that they have the skills, the network and, very important in modern football, the cash to achieve this.

I do not feel a mass protest would be effective for this. However, if anyone has delayed in the purchase of their season ticket, or is not going to renew then write a letter to Hearts telling them of this and send a copy to a selected newspaper stating clearly your expectations and reasons for not renewing (Scotsman?)

I think we often over estimate the power of this board. Often the "old school" style of communication is the most effective. I think the message would be quite clear if hundreds (or thousands) of letters arrived every day at Tynecastle and the Scotsman.

Why, thank you, kind sir.

CornhillHearts

A "nasty" bore he is Boo who spits his dummy out and gets his own way coz he's "the management" No like us flats boys, ah was speaking to the assassin Manly last Monday.

Guest hoggis

Without no reasonable explanation the mods have shut down the pressley thread.

Why?

It may have been debated before but new members wont have seen it.

Mods if you dont want a fans forum where people can air their opinions then dont pretend to be a democratic message board.

:evilno:

I will enjoy my suspension.

Archived