The Death of Debate on JKB

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

I have recently returned to JKB actively after staying off it for a while because I felt that the situation at Hearts right now is serious and that my belief that non renewal of season tickets is the only weapon many Hearts supporters who feel the same way I do, have.

My feelings on Vladimir Romanov are well known. I make no bones of the fact that I believe he is poison for our Club and that he does not have the best interests of HMFC at heart and that I would really want to see the back of him unless he changes his style of running our club. I also accept that nothing is cut and dried and we are in a very difficult situation and that many fans really don't know what to do for the best.

I have started a few threads on subjects such as my belief that we may end up relegated, that we may end up as AFC Hearts and on non-season ticket renewal. These to me seem serious points. I also think they are a good basis for reasoned debate all round.

Instead what seems to happen is that I get a torrent of abuse, mainly from the type of poster that NEVER start serious threads themselves with a starting point that is cogent and reasoned. I also get accused of being an "attention seeker" How on earth can someone who posts under an assumed name on a internet forum be labelled that is beyond me.

What I really want to say is, my stance on the present situation is well known. But it seems to arouse violent responses from many posters.

Well I am asking this of these guys. Many of you still believe in Vladimir Romanov. So why don't you start threads that have a reasonable list of points describing how he is the right man to lead us forward or whatever.

Naturally, you will no doubt receive abuse/hate thrown at you like I have.

I also have to say that I usually strike back at times even though I know that that can weaken my case. I only hope that in doing this I can show that I am just an ordinary fan with no agenda, and not a "professional" like some on JKB who are accused of being such because they never seem to lose their cool regardless of the stick they get which some find suspicious.

So, be controversial. Step into the arena. Stop trolling and make an attempt to sit back and explain your positions. Then hopefully debate on vital subjects will return without abuse flying around, warnings and suspensions.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Therapist
I have recently returned to JKB actively after staying off it for a while because I felt that the situation at Hearts right now is serious and that my belief that non renewal of season tickets is the only weapon many Hearts supporters who feel the same way I do, have.

My feelings on Vladimir Romanov are well known. I make no bones of the fact that I believe he is poison for our Club and that he does not have the best interests of HMFC at heart and that I would really want to see the back of him unless he changes his style of running our club. I also accept that nothing is cut and dried and we are in a very difficult situation and that many fans really don't know what to do for the best.

I have started a few threads on subjects such as my belief that we may end up relegated, that we may end up as AFC Hearts and on non-season ticket renewal. These to me seem serious points. I also think they are a good basis for reasoned debate all round.

Instead what seems to happen is that I get a torrent of abuse, mainly from the type of poster that NEVER start serious threads themselves with a starting point that is cogent and reasoned. I also get accused of being an "attention seeker" How on earth can someone who posts under an assumed name on a internet forum be labelled that is beyond me.

What I really want to say is, my stance on the present situation is well known. But it seems to arouse violent responses from many posters.

Well I am asking this of these guys. Many of you still believe in Vladimir Romanov. So why don't you start threads that have a reasonable list of points describing how he is the right man to lead us forward or whatever.

I also have to say that I usually strike back at times even though I know that that can weaken my case. I only hope that in doing this I can show that I am just an ordinary fan with no agenda, and not a "professional" like some on JKB who are accused of being such because they never seem to lose their cool regardless of the stick they get which some find suspicious.

So, be controversial. Step into the arena. Stop trolling and make an attempt to sit back and explain your positions. Then hopefully debate on vital subjects will return without abuse flying around, warnings and suspensions.

Cue violins. :rolleyes:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Well said, now prepare for the :sterb003:

;)

Its okay Cruckie, I am off to Newcastle for a jolly in a wee while!!

Might wear my Sunderland top....

so who are you

It would be nice to have a constructive debate but alas it seems very difficult these days. That said, I'll have a go at debating your view on Mr Romanov.

I have no idea if he is good bad or indifferent, the facts are a bit of a mystery. His motives, well that depends on which newspaper you want to read, or who you want to listen to. The financial situation, well he seems to have the funds to support so who really knows.

What do i know? Well in his reign we have won silverware. I believe had he not come in by now we'd have either been out of existence or floundering in a lower league. This season has been a big disappointment, the sale of Velicka amazed me - but it could be part of a plan for an incoming manager to bring in the players he wants?

Who knows? I don't, and i doubt very many others do either. The big mystery though, if he does not want us to be a success why has he already pumped in a loss of over ?10M of his cash? Does it make sense?

davemclaren

As I said elsewhere I find the entrenched views on both sides ( though one side has seriously diminished in size over the last year ) do not encourage debate. Insulting those that don't agree with or follow your instructions does not encourage debate just confrontation.

Personally I think that we can't do much until an alternative to VR exists. I think, at present, he will be more influenced by a decline in corporate activities such as sponsorship, tv appearance money, hospitality bookings than a couple of thousand fans delaying renewing or not renewing.

By the way, I haven't renewed yet. :rolleyes:

A fine, well thought out post - expresses my feelings exactly.....

Cue violins. :rolleyes:

....and the reason I don't bother posting much on here.

But you know you will!

Better hurry get your discount!

maroonedinoz

I too have cut back on posting any points that are of an 'anti vlad' type basis and/or that dares to suggest that we take any form of action as I am inevitably howled down as a 'hobo', or a 'not a true supporter' etc etc etc.

I have decided that it is just not worth it, and generally speaking will simply now do nothing and just watch from afar as everything falls to pieces.

davemclaren

It works both ways though. Pro-vlad posts are shouted down as well. Such is the nature of internet message boards when views are polarised.

davemclaren
But you know you will!

Better hurry get your discount!

You know me well.... :rolleyes:

Chad Sexington

For me personally, it's not so much what you say it's how you say it that I cant be bothered with.

I cant be ersed with all that pretentious "stand fast", Henry V before Agincourt, nonsense.

I'm sure you're a nice guy in real life who cares about the club, but it just reeks of self promotion to me.

Just my personal opinion.

:)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
As I said elsewhere I find the entrenched views on both sides ( though one side has seriously diminished in size over the last year ) do not encourage debate. Insulting those that don't agree with or follow your instructions does not encourage debate just confrontation.

Personally I think that we can't do much until an alternative to VR exists. I think, at present, he will be more influenced by a decline in corporate activities such as sponsorship, tv appearance money, hospitality bookings than a couple of thousand fans delaying renewing or not renewing.

Thanks Dave, A thawing in our Cold War?:)

This debate is going so well I feel like cancelling my drunken trip to Newcastle!!

No, I'll still go. Its already paid for!!!

Therapist
....and the reason I don't bother posting much on here.

I'm more than happy to debate, but I won't do it with attention seekers who lack realism and a sense of perspective.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
For me personally, it's not so much what you say it's how you say it that I cant be bothered with.

I cant be ersed with all that pretentious "stand fast", Henry V before Agincourt, nonsense.

I'm sure you're a nice guy in real life who cares about the club, but it just reeks of self promotion to me.

Okay the tone can be flowery, but it is eyecatching, you have to admit.

I'm a wanne be author, you know.

davemclaren
Thanks Dave, A thawing in our Cold War?:)

This debate is going so well I feel like cancelling my drunken trip to Newcastle!!

No, I'll still go. Its already paid for!!!

Strong liquor should always form part of the answer. :cool:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Strong liquor should always form part of the answer. :cool:

Evil, so it is.

Charlie-Brown

Part of the problem FWJ is a lot of people would rather 'debate' or criticise the other poster rather than debate the subject matter.....it is not only you who suffers this - it happens a lot on here. :)

maroonedinoz
I'm more than happy to debate, but I won't do it with attention seekers who lack realism and a sense of perspective.

It would be good to know what defines an 'attention seeker' given, as pointed dout, that posts are made using nom de plumes.

Its not as if one could wallow in 'the attenion' at any form of social gathering is it?

Colonel Kurtz

I am no longer" a bed"

But "old men forget" so what were we debating

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't think the level of debate is any different to what it was a few years ago when the plans to sell Tynecastle were first announced. It is similar for me in the sense that the only person to hold culpable for our failures over the past two seasons, despite the budget advantage we've had over the rest of the league, is Vladimir Romanov. At the same time, I recognise that Vladimir Romanov is the only person capable of funding us to an extent where we can actually challenge the biggest teams in the league (unless some other person emerges who wants to splash the cash).

Now, as he hasn't listened to the pleadings of our support to delegate responsibility to his staff, particularly in the small matter of team selection, I believe a withholding of ST money is correct in an attempt to animate the feelings of supporters. Other people can take a different view and that's fine.

My personal feelings on KB at the moment is that there are people trying to orchestrate campaigns on here, which is fine in theory but immediately raises the hackles of those with a different opinion. The bottom line is, we all support HMFC in our own way and want success and let's remember that.

Tams bird

Debates are okay, but when the childish name calling starts it ****es me off. :(

Geoff Kilpatrick
Part of the problem FWJ is a lot of people would rather 'debate' or criticise the other poster rather than debate the subject matter.....it is not only you who suffers this - it happens a lot on here. :)

Another problem is that some people deliberately dodge the points that are put to them and respond in some baffling way. Maybe they've paid too much attention to Vlad! :rolleyes:

Chad Sexington
It would be good to know what defines an 'attention seeker' given, as pointed dout, that posts are made using nom de plumes.

Its not as if one could wallow in 'the attenion' at any form of social gathering is it?

Not true.

There have been numerous JKB meets.

Not aimed solely at you, you were just the first to respond in the expected manner - which is all some posters do.

Therapist
Not aimed solely at you

I didn't think it was. ;)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I don't think the level of debate is any different to what it was a few years ago when the plans to sell Tynecastle were first announced. It is similar for me in the sense that the only person to hold culpable for our failures over the past two seasons, despite the budget advantage we've had over the rest of the league, is Vladimir Romanov. At the same time, I recognise that Vladimir Romanov is the only person capable of funding us to an extent where we can actually challenge the biggest teams in the league (unless some other person emerges who wants to splash the cash).

Now, as he hasn't listened to the pleadings of our support to delegate responsibility to his staff, particularly in the small matter of team selection, I believe a withholding of ST money is correct in an attempt to animate the feelings of supporters. Other people can take a different view and that's fine.

My personal feelings on KB at the moment is that there are people trying to orchestrate campaigns on here, which is fine in theory but immediately raises the hackles of those with a different opinion. The bottom line is, we all support HMFC in our own way and want success and let's remember that.[/QUOTE]

What I am saying is that I am putting my head above the parapet.

But those at the other end of the debate and yes, it is nice to think we are all Hearts fans, but the fact is we ARE divided, never put cogent arguments forward for Vladimir Romanov.

And if they did, they would get nailed. That's the issue.

Tom Heaney
Its okay Cruckie, I am off to Newcastle for a jolly in a wee while!!

Might wear my Sunderland top....

So you seek attention no matter what you are doing?:eek:

I don't think there is anyone who even 80% supports what has gone on. But, there are varying degrees of disenchantment.

The problem the OP and others of a similar viewpoint have is they continue to force their point of view on most threads. As he said, we already know his viewpoint, so why continue to churn out the same point over and over?

People understand the arguments. For instance, not one person would disagree if we employed a fully autonomous manager. By the same token, not everyone believes withholding season ticket money is going to achieve anything.

I don't think there are many people who try and fully justify VRs actions.

As regards debate, the guy NMH is vilified in the way the OP describes ( albeit as an HMFC employee and not a Hobo) for engaging in debate. So, it works both ways.

Finally, the other problem for the OP and all the people who are at the high end of the anti-romanov brigade, you won't win over the rest of the support to your argument until there is an alternative, or things descend even further.

The Real Maroonblood

You fit that bill perfectly with yout pro Rangers and Chelsea views.

So have a word with yourself.

colinmaroon

From both sides!!!

And being called a "hobo" ain't half as bad as some of the names/suggestions made towards anybody who tries to disagree with a clear anti-Vlad thread, of which there are many!!!

I think if you did an analysis, you would find that those who are definitely anti-Vlad post more than those who are accused of being sheep, the vast majority of whom aren't, but are fed up with every single thread, on just about any subject, (not just so-called positive threads) are used to say the same thing over-and-over again!

Obviously, there are a few on here with a totally pro-Vlad agenda (employee/s?) but there are many who have woken up and smell the coffee but still think that some of the vitriol is at least counterproductive, and at worst damaging!!!

Scenario:

And leave the jokes aside!!!

Vlad is you r bank manager and you need a loan! You go to see him, and because he's proving difficult, you start swearing at him, calling one of his employees, for example, his "love child", not only running him down in every sense but in the nastiest way possible, and you finish by telling him to GTF!!!

On a scale of 1 to 10, what do you think your chances are of getting a loan?

Point - there is a way in which you can make your point and strongly object to someone/something, without personally insulting someone, his family and his employees in the most disgusting terms!!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
So you seek attention no matter what you are doing?:eek:

Please tell me you are being ironic, or is it a bit late over there in the US of A?:eek:

davemclaren
Please tell me you are being ironic, or is it a bit late over there in the US of A?:eek:

He is. Sunderland strip in Newcastle... :eek:

Tom Heaney

Ironically its early. At my age after 10pm is late, after 4am is early, in between I should be sleeping;)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
He is. Sunderland strip in Newcastle... :eek:

Might wear my Hartepool one then:)

Anyway I am off now.

Have fun, fellow JKB'ers.:)

WalterEgo
Debates are okay, but when the childish name calling starts it ****es me off. :(

Hobo.

Therapist
Might wear my Hartepool one then

What part did you play in the monkey hanging?

davemclaren
Might wear my Hartepool one then:)

Anyway I am off now.

Have fun, fellow JKB'ers.:)

Tell me I'm a mindless fence sitter again before you go... ;)

coppercrutch
From both sides!!!

Obviously, there are a few on here with a totally pro-Vlad agenda (employee/s?) but there are many who have woken up and smell the coffee but still think that some of the vitriol is at least counterproductive, and at worst damaging!!!

You reckon ? I can't think of many, if any.

I think most people are somewhere in the middle. Reckon Vlad CAN be good for the club if he wants to be. Don't think he is here to **** us over because it is a lot of hassle for nothing. However at the same time are not happy with a lot of his actions, and the fact he is a little mental. :rolleyes:

There are far far more people who are simply 100% against Vlad, than there are who are 100% for Vlad.

In fact I can't think of 1 poster who is 100% behind him. I think that is just a 'fantasy' pushed over and over again by statements like 'Vladsheep' etc..

I just get bored with this particular debate. Been done to death. We all know the score.

speedbump
You fit that bill perfectly with yout pro Rangers and Chelsea views.

So have a word with yourself.

So on this subject that is connected how?

The irony is that there are many who felt aggrieved at being called 'hatkickers' a year ago are now the ones lashing out at other fans by calling them 'Vlad gimps'. Either is not on in my opinion and I just think it is very, very childish and a lot of this type of name calling comes from people older than I am.

As for the point of Romanov. It's simple, it rests on him hiring a manager. Why our crowds have still been good this season is that it's hard to leave once you've gotten into the habit of going to Tynecastle every week. But with many not renewing unless a manager is hired then we have a real danger of losing a lot of fans for a long time. It works both ways, there needs to be something very significant to get them to leave but at the same time it would take a truly great season, possbily one better than 2005/06, to get them back.

I think Vlad does care, he's put a lot of money into this club and has back some good iniatives the club has carried out and does more for the local community than most other owners. However he has little to no idea of how to run a football club and he needs to let the people who do get on with their job.

coppercrutch
The irony is that there are many who felt aggrieved at being called 'hatkickers' a year ago are now the ones lashing out at other fans by calling them 'Vlad gimps'. Either is not on in my opinion and I just think it is very, very childish and a lot of this type of name calling comes from people older than I am.

As for the point of Romanov. It's simple, it rests on him hiring a manager. Why our crowds have still been good this season is that it's hard to leave once you've gotten into the habit of going to Tynecastle every week. But with many not renewing unless a manager is hired then we have a real danger of losing a lot of fans for a long time. It works both ways, there needs to be something very significant to get them to leave but at the same time it would take a truly great season, possbily one better than 2005/06, to get them back.

I think Vlad does care, he's put a lot of money into this club and has back some good iniatives the club has carried out and does more for the local community than most other owners. However he has little to no idea of how to run a football club and he needs to let the people who do get on with their job.

Can I use that horrible overused JKB phrase and say....

SPOT ON !!!;)

jambovambo

Great OP from you, FJ

As I said in a PM to you there other ... ahm wit choo ... or maybe that's a Korean star we might sign.

It's interesting what changes in a year.

This time, last year, I started several threads similar to those being started this year.

The "are you renewing" thread.

The "don't renew, buy week to week" thread.

I didn't renew for 2007/08 and picked and chose matches.

But, interestingly, I was treated on here as a bit of a crank to be seriously considering not giving VR ?400 up front, etc etc.

This year, I am just one of a host of voices saying the same thing.

jambojim52

You could have said as much in two lines. Just wasted 5 min. Doh!

romanov apologist

All it takes for evil to prevail in the world is for good men to do nothing.

bighusref

YAY!!! Our great leader posts another thread saying the same thing! Stay tuned for the post Newcastle installment of "FWJ tells fans not to renew", same bat website, same bat forum.

The first paragraph is exactly how I see it too. Too many posters will resort to having a pop at those that disagree with them.

As for the second paragraph, I kinda disagree. Of course, the loss of that BIG money would upset him, I am not sure that the loss of corporate sponsorship or tv money would convince him to appoint an autonomous manager. I think the disenchantment of fans, their reluctance to part with hard earned cash to watch him play football manager with an overpaid bunch of numpties is the first step towards a protest (dirty word, I know). IF enough do not renew, and he STILL does not hire an autonomous manager, then that will be the time, in my humble opinion to escalate any protest.

BTW, I have not and now cannot renew. VR's mucking about now means that I will not be able to rustle up the cash for an ST this year. IF he sorts things out I will be a regular attendee and will get an ST next year. IF he doesn't, god, I don't want to think about the other possibilities.

Just said as such on another thread. Folk look at avatars then reply.

FWIW, NMH is NOT an employee of Hearts and is, purely and simply, a Hearts fan that cares about his club, in his own daft way. :)

My hero:)

From both sides!!!

And being called a "hobo" ain't half as bad as some of the names/suggestions made towards anybody who tries to disagree with a clear anti-Vlad thread, of which there are many!!!

I think if you did an analysis, you would find that those who are definitely anti-Vlad post more than those who are accused of being sheep, the vast majority of whom aren't, but are fed up with every single thread, on just about any subject, (not just so-called positive threads) are used to say the same thing over-and-over again!

Scenario:

And leave the jokes aside!!!

Vlad is you r bank manager and you need a loan! You go to see him, and because he's proving difficult, you start swearing at him, calling one of his employees, for example, his "love child", not only running him down in every sense but in the nastiest way possible, and you finish by telling him to GTF!!!

On a scale of 1 to 10, what do you think your chances are of getting a loan?

Point - there is a way in which you can make your point and strongly object to someone/something, without personally insulting someone, his family and his employees in the most disgusting terms!!

good point cm but people on here are not brave enough to face Vlad ( bank manager ) they do it behind a key board are they fans of this club or just s*** stirrers come out of the closet guys.

Spellczech

I find the idea that there are "professional" posters quite amusing. Maybe i?m being blind but who are they? PM me if you like. Personally I don?t think there are any - just people who have risen above the silliness.

I can sit here calm as you like and write strong words, because after a while on here you learn that getting riled achieves nothing. I?ve never been banned or warned even though I occasionally write things under my anonymity which I would never be so impolite as to say in person. We are actually a bunch of Wind Up Merchants but that is part of the fun of JKB. Here?s an important point though: This place is not about changing other people?s opinions, it is about voicing your own opinions. Once you realise that we are ultimately helpless and give up on any form of propaganda war, you?ll rise above the name-calling and silly categorisations...It?s not about factions but just pure and simple discussion.

Archived