To Renew or not Renew?

Eggo

Renew Or Not?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Renew Or Not?

• YES
    • NO

Fenerjambo

This is just another Kickback poll and I'm not taking too much into it.I can tell you that there's more people not renewing in my work than there's people who are renewing.The one's who aren't are complaining about how the club is being run,watching spineless overrated players not trying a leg,the prices going up and the manager situation.

I'm not renewing up to now but a good manager and some decent signings might twist my arm.Saying that though,I don't trust Vlad and give him a couple of months of things going well on the field and off it, there would be no doubt he'd start his meddling and everything would go tits up again!?

Had enough of his ways and he'd be lucky to get a half decent manager anyway. Feck him,away matches when I can make it.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
davieholt

The audience for this flawed poll falls into 3 categories

Those who will renew come what may - and know it now.

Those who will not renew for whatever reason

Those who are waiting to see what the club do about a manager.

This last group is not represented in the poll and may well be the largest section of the supporters. Consequently you cant read anything into the way the vote has gone so far.

Dr. Bapswent
The audience for this flawed poll falls into 3 categories

Those who will renew come what may - and know it now.

Those who will not renew for whatever reason

Those who are waiting to see what the club do about a manager.

This last group is not represented in the poll and may well be the largest section of the supporters. Consequently you cant read anything into the way the vote has gone so far.

it falls into far more than that.

But as the OP only asked for a simple yes or no response - inorder to take part in the poll properly, you need to only give a yes or no answer.

Might not be comprehensive, but its up to the OP how he sets up the poll and consequently what the results will look like and actually say.

davieholt
it falls into far more than that.

But as the OP only asked for a simple yes or no response - inorder to take part in the poll properly, you need to only give a yes or no answer.

Might not be comprehensive, but its up to the OP how he sets up the poll and consequently what the results will look like and actually say.

I know that Dr B.

But if 10% of the support vote yes and 5% vote no with 85% sitting on their hands what does the result of the vote tell us ? The actual number of STs sold could wind up being be either 95% or 10% depending on whether a manager is appointed !! The numbers are deliberately exagerated but the principle holds.

I'd further suggest that the majority of KB'ers are the diehards, so are more likely to renew. I'd say there are alot more fans who don't care as much as alot on here and are not finding it a difficult decision to not renew their ticket.

Absolutely correctumondo and the reason the powers that be are wetting themselves.

Dr. Bapswent
I know that Dr B.

But if 10% of the support vote yes and 5% vote no with 85% sitting on their hands what does the result of the vote tell us ? The actual number of STs sold could wind up being be either 95% or 10% depending on whether a manager is appointed !! The numbers are deliberately exagerated but the principle holds.

Of course, it would be silly to put any real stock in these polls.

But, if you take that premise to its conclusion, none of the polls should even be stated, as they are a waste.

So, to make them have a point, even if its just for interest sake, they can need to be accepted as a guide of something or other.

But what they can and cant say it based on what the OP decides really.

And in this instance, the OP, only wants a yes or no.

That may be too simple for many, if not most, but if you want to take part, you need to play within those rules. He created the poll, he decides the boundaries.

davieholt
Of course, it would be silly to put any real stock in these polls.

But, if you take that premise to its conclusion, none of the polls should even be stated, as they are a waste.

So, to make them have a point, even if its just for interest sake, they can need to be accepted as a guide of something or other.

But what they can and cant say it based on what the OP decides really.

And in this instance, the OP, only wants a yes or no.

That may be too simple for many, if not most, but if you want to take part, you need to play within those rules. He created the poll, he decides the boundaries.

Yes of course you're right. The OPs poll, the OPs rules.

Interesting though. Almost 1000 people have viewed the poll but only 150 or so have voted. erhaps my 'deliberately exagerated' example wasn't so far from the mark ? :)

Dr. Bapswent
Yes of course you're right. The OPs poll, the OPs rules.

Interesting though. Almost 1000 people have viewed the poll but only 150 or so have voted. erhaps my 'deliberately exagerated' example wasn't so far from the mark ? :)

But from that 1000, some of the same people will have visited a number of times.

Im not sure it means 1000 unique visitors.

I could be wrong though.

But from that 1000, some of the same people will have visited a number of times.

Im not sure it means 1000 unique visitors.

I could be wrong though.

Your not wrong Dr B,they dont like the poll result and are clutching at straws...big time:cool:

JamboPete

Is there anybody out there or someone that knows of anybody out there that sits in the back row of Section D in the Wheatfield Stand, as I am looking for 2 seats together in the area.

Cheers in advance.

JamboPete

Your not wrong Dr B,they dont like the poll result and are clutching at straws...big time:cool:

:welldone:

boabyarsebiscuit
Not really,Oils up in price:)

Does that mean the guys on the rigs have more to spend on rent boys?

Does that mean the guys on the rigs have more to spend on rent boys?

Not a clue,ive never been offshore in my life:)

Ask your hubby:p

p.s. I take it you are also embarrassed with the poll results and thought of a wee dig to compensate yourself....haha

Scallywag

Great idea for a poll.

My answer is.........er..........YES........or NO !

What was the point of this poll again ?

Someone on the wind up by any chance. Nothing like fighting among ourselves while there is nothing interesting happening with the actual football.

Great idea for a poll.

My answer is.........er..........YES........or NO !

What was the point of this poll again ?

Someone on the wind up by any chance. Nothing like fighting among ourselves while there is nothing interesting happening with the actual football.

We can discuss it in the Kiln or across in the rejuvenated Hotel;)

Have you been in since Peter took it on,its far better now.

Scallywag

Not had a Pint in the Hotel for a while Eggo....going to have a few this weekend so I might meet you out and about if you are up here.

Then you can wind me up in the flesh......or we could team up and get stuck into the local Rangers Loyal !!

boabyarsebiscuit
Not a clue,ive never been offshore in my life:)

Ask your hubby:p

p.s. I take it you are also embarrassed with the poll results and thought of a wee dig to compensate yourself....haha

Eh? I'm renewing. I don't give a toss about your poll one way or the other. I find you extremely funny though.

Not had a Pint in the Hotel for a while Eggo....going to have a few this weekend so I might meet you out and about if you are up here.

Then you can wind me up in the flesh......or we could team up and get stuck into the local Rangers Loyal !!

Im down the road right now,the hotel grub is quality now..give it a go!

The Rangers Loyal are to easy,I wind them up nightly,but they are a fine crowd.

See you up there.

Eh? I'm renewing. I don't give a toss about your poll one way or the other. I find you extremely funny though.

Jamboross98

Of course I'll renew, what else am I gonna do? Go shopping? - NO, go and watch another team that I doing care about? - NO, watch all Hearts game on Footy live? - NO. If you feel that ripping the lifeline of the club by not buying a season ticket is going to help make the Romanov's do something, then no, you are wrong. Protests etc maybe, but not this way. If you are of that ilk, then I would suggest that you are no great fan to want to do that to the club that you love. If you have other circumstances that you have to, then I understand, but to all those so-called Hearts fans that think simply quitting because of the owners will make a difference, please shut the door on your way out and don't come running back when the success comes back!!

PS - I know there will be people on KB that won't like this, but I rarely visit KB these days due to all the NEGATIVITY that is placed on it. It's boring, why don't you join up with Jambothroughandthrough (Spewan Cameron) or better still the Supporters Trust, who both have such a great relationship as so-called Hearts fans.:evilno:

I've renewed. I'm not so well off that I can afford to spend an extra ?30 just to prove a point - although ideally I'd have liked to have made some kind of a stand.

I don't think that having renewed makes me a better or worse supporter than anyone else.

I hope that everyone's okay with that.

Of course I'll renew, what else am I gonna do? Go shopping? ...... but to all those so-called Hearts fans that think simply quitting because of the owners will make a difference, please shut the door on your way out and don't come running back when the success comes back!!...

Why do you assume that anyone who isn't going to renew his ST is going to stop going to games?

Is a ST compulsory nowadays? Do you have to be a ST holder to watch the Hearts?

Why do you think not renewing is the same as quitting? Genuine question.

Guest JamboRobbo
I've renewed. I'm not so well off that I can afford to spend an extra ?30 just to prove a point - although ideally I'd have liked to have made some kind of a stand.

I don't think that having renewed makes me a better or worse supporter than anyone else.

You are the voice of reason today.

Guest casper
Of course I'll renew, what else am I gonna do? Go shopping? - NO, go and watch another team that I doing care about? - NO, watch all Hearts game on Footy live? - NO. If you feel that ripping the lifeline of the club by not buying a season ticket is going to help make the Romanov's do something, then no, you are wrong. Protests etc maybe, but not this way. If you are of that ilk, then I would suggest that you are no great fan to want to do that to the club that you love. If you have other circumstances that you have to, then I understand, but to all those so-called Hearts fans that think simply quitting because of the owners will make a difference, please shut the door on your way out and don't come running back when the success comes back!!

PS - I know there will be people on KB that won't like this, but I rarely visit KB these days due to all the NEGATIVITY that is placed on it. It's boring, why don't you join up with Jambothroughandthrough (Spewan Cameron) or better still the Supporters Trust, who both have such a great relationship as so-called Hearts fans.:evilno:

Funny that when there was talk of protests people were saying protests will not make romanov change, not buying season tickets will.

I will not be buying a season ticket for next season unless a manager is appointed the reason being that, other than 2 or 3 games, I have had absolutely no enjoyment out of watching Hearts this season. The football no show, the standard of players and their commitment have been an insult to the paying customer. I'll probably buy tickets for some games but the thought of watching games against Hamilton, Falkirk and St Mirren similar to those this season fills me with dread.

boabyarsebiscuit

Should have gone in on your crutches and got a disabled concession.

So Eggo's logic is flawed? Surely not?

that cant be possible JKB very own Alan Sugar flawed

boabyarsebiscuit
I think my sig sums it up perfectly TBH.

Not as much as your avatar does.

JamboRossi79
Not as much as your avatar does.

You truly are obsessed, I would go see someone about that. Seriously.

You truly are obsessed, I would go see someone about that. Seriously.

Wawaweewa,he's obsessed.

65+% thank you true Jambos!

Point proven;)

So sorry 64%....my mistake:)

Guest JamboRobbo

The fact that a Hearts supporter thinks a poll showing that 35% of ST holders will not renew is a good thing, because apparently it shows he is right about everything :rofl: , probably says more about the poster and his priorities than anything else.

I'm sure any Hearts fan with any sense who cares about the club would realise that 35% of ST holders not wanting to renew is NOT a good thing, and is a sad indictment of the way our club has been run of late.

Still, Eggo is right, everyone else is wrong. Thats the REAL issue that matters. :rolleyes:

Oh, and if you're in any doubt, don't forget, Eggo earns lots of money, and if you disagree with him you must be a schoolkid.

Ticket office was busy this morning when I renewed and will probably be chock a block tomorrow. Absolutely unthinkable as a supporter of Heart of Midlothian football club for over 50 years not to renew. I've seen owners come and owners go but I have never supported any of them, only the football team.

If you don't go to games you are no longer a supporter.

Ticket office was busy this morning when I renewed and will probably be chock a block tomorrow. Absolutely unthinkable as a supporter of Heart of Midlothian football club for over 50 years not to renew. I've seen owners come and owners go but I have never supported any of them, only the football team.

If you don't go to games you are no longer a supporter.[/QUOTE]

Is that so,well I'm glad you sorted that out for us,hmm you say that you have supported Hearts for more than 50 years but yet your last comment makes you sound like a 15 year old wee boy trying to mix it with the big boy's.

scottish_chicP

Just because you don't renew your season ticket doesn't mean you won't go the games. I have not renewed yet and I don't intend to until things are sorted at the club. That makes me no longer a hearts supporter? Oh well if you said it, it must be true.... :omg:

Just because you don't renew your season ticket doesn't mean you won't go the games. I have not renewed yet and I don't intend to until things are sorted at the club. That makes me no longer a hearts supporter? Oh well if you said it, it must be true.... :omg:

is what I said if you take the trouble to actually read it.

is what I said if you take the trouble to actually read it.

Please explain DD.

DD, what's most impressive is that you must be getting on 60 and yet can use a computer. Congratulations.

JamboRossi79

Correct :thumb:

Okay flagboy ,you explain aswell.

LOL. The flag has disappeared from view at Tynie. I think he's actually a little embarassed at long last (as he should be).

The Wicker Man

Another 'angle' on the poll could be

Do you love Hearts more than you hate Romanov ?

:confused:

Another 'angle' on the poll could be

Do you love Hearts more than you hate Romanov ?

:confused:

My love for Hearts doesn't go as far as getting shafted and lied to,being made a complete arse off and raped of all things I first fell in love with.

Put it this way,would you stay with a partner you loved as long if they treated you the same way.

The fact that a Hearts supporter thinks a poll showing that 35% of ST holders will not renew is a good thing, because apparently it shows he is right about everything :rofl: , probably says more about the poster and his priorities than anything else.

I'm sure any Hearts fan with any sense who cares about the club would realise that 35% of ST holders not wanting to renew is NOT a good thing, and is a sad indictment of the way our club has been run of late.

Still, Eggo is right, everyone else is wrong. Thats the REAL issue that matters. :rolleyes:

Oh, and if you're in any doubt, don't forget, Eggo earns lots of money, and if you disagree with him you must be a schoolkid.

Why are you so envious of me....is it coz az iz black:) or that ive made you look so silly:p

Guest JamboRobbo
Why are you so envious of me....is it coz az iz black:) or that ive made you look so silly:p

It's cause you've got so much money and are such a great Hearts fan and you always pick the right times to boycott Hearts matches and withdraw your financial support from our club.

Dr. Bapswent

Gentelmen

This has degenrated into nonsense and if far removed from the actual point of the post.

Any chance we could call it quits there and get back to the post.

If not, thats fine too, cos its rather amusing. :P

Guest JamboRobbo
Gentelmen

This has degenrated into nonsense and if far removed from the actual point of the post.

Any chance we could call it quits there and get back to the post.

If not, thats fine too, cos its rather amusing. :P

Well, the point of the post was pretty limited - Renew, YES or NO.

So can you stop with your off topic discussion as well please.

Apologies if my complementing Eggo on having so much money and being such a better Hearts fan than everyone else, and knowing when to boycott and when not to boycott, is not to your liking.

And apologies if the point being made is not clear.

Dr. Bapswent
Well, the point of the post was pretty limited - Renew, YES or NO.

So can you stop with your off topic discussion as well please.

Jeez.

whatever crawled up your ass and died really has made you a very upset little man.

carry on.

Guest JamboRobbo
Jeez.

whatever crawled up your ass and died really has made you a very upset little man.

carry on.

ditto.

Archived