Trainers/Casual footwear that actually look smart with jeans

scott_jambo

He Who Cannot Be Named

Something comfortable, durable and waterproof. Who gives a **** what they look like? That's a women's game.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BoJack Horseman

Something comfortable, durable and waterproof. Who gives a **** what they look like? That's a women's game.

Some people take pride in their appearance. No harm in that.

Liking some of the brogues, quite fancy some Grenson's myself.

Grensons, Churches, Trickers - all top quality British shoemakers. Got a nice pair of Paul Smith brogues recently.

The OP should get some Red Wings - and I dont mean the award you get when dining on fishermans pie when the interior decorators are in. Lots of styles, go well with jeans and last forever.

Grensons, Churches, Trickers - all top quality British shoemakers. Got a nice pair of Paul Smith brogues recently.

The OP should get some Red Wings - and I dont mean the award you get when dining on fishermans pie when the interior decorators are in. Lots of styles, go well with jeans and last forever.

:qqb001:

Ignore everyone else and only listen to what Gok Vic has to say.

The answer is Converse All Star. All other suggestions are wrong and superfluous. Anyone suggesting desert boots should have their legs amputated.

End of.

Chaka Demus & pliers

As above, any form of chukka boot really. I prefer a slimmer profile than the desert boot. Something like;

1322231048-37804400.jpg

image4xl.jpg

These are the only ones I'd wear from all those posted so far.

Each to their own though eh?

Ignore everyone else and only listen to what Gok Vic has to say.

The answer is Converse All Star. All other suggestions are wrong and superfluous. Anyone suggesting desert boots should have their legs amputated.

End of.

The correct answer. Although my last Converse purchase were these:

converse_star_player_ox_1032.jpg

The correct answer. Although my last Converse purchase were these:

converse_star_player_ox_1032.jpg

I salute your Conversnicity. My latest Cons were...

0000059438_103600_09.jpg?201208271043

For work. Cons for work... Cons for play.

Do they exist?

Obviously trainers go with sportswear

Shoes go with formal wear.

Casual wear...seems to just be an array of men looking like tits, either with trainers that dont suit jeans or shoes that look too formal and awkward for casual jeans.

JKB Fashionista's - inspire me. I want to see something awesome not pictures of your lacoste trainers or your adidas sambas.

Maroon Y3's mate can't go wrong with these bad boys, I got them before x-mas

Bit pricey tbh, I paid 160 bucks for them but worth every penny and look smart as feck with jeans, think someone stuck up a pic of them on another trainer thread not long ago.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I salute your Conversnicity. My latest Cons were...

0000059438_103600_09.jpg?201208271043

For work. Cons for work... Cons for play.

Good lord those are awful.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Supreme comfort and fleecy lined as well. You're a disciple of the shan desert boot, aye? :smuggy:

Yes. :smuggy:

Just can't imagine what you'd wear them with. Leather trousers or something?

Chaka Demus & pliers

Baggy shorts and boxing gloves?

:) They are comfy work wear. With jeans.

The People's Chimp

I'd never had Victor down as kickback's style guru, and this thread has only confirmed that as usual, I was correct.

Those converse.

:cornette:

http://www.skechers....es/casual-shoes

Skechers do a good choice of casual shoe and they're very comfy.

Honest to ****.

I can even be arsed but every single one of these trainers is absoluely ******* horrific. If Britney Spears IN HER PRIME couldnt make Sketchers look decent, what in the world makes you think they are acceptable.

I despair at 90% of the shouts on this thread.

Y-3's....again? They look like the shoes David Brent would buy because he thinks they are cool. They're expensive Lonsdale's. The shitey ones you find in an M&M caralogue when youre looking for football boots. ?160? You're mental.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

:lol:

You'll no understand auld yin xxx

I wear these.

Don't own a pair of jeans though, my tackle doesn't fit into jeans.

Etnies-Kingpin-NEWLOGO-Black-IMG01.jpg

Currently contemplating a pair of Merc Bowling Shoes...

WATTS20BLK2011.jpg

All black, not sure I have the stones for these, although secretly I wish I did...

delicious_junction_watts_bowling_shoes4.png

itsnomarooned

Honest to ****.

I can even be arsed but every single one of these trainers is absoluely ******* horrific. If Britney Spears IN HER PRIME couldnt make Sketchers look decent, what in the world makes you think they are acceptable.

I despair at 90% of the shouts on this thread.

Y-3's....again? They look like the shoes David Brent would buy because he thinks they are cool. They're expensive Lonsdale's. The shitey ones you find in an M&M caralogue when youre looking for football boots. ?160? You're mental.

Oh well - that's me telt. I'm away home to lob a couple of pairs in the bin then.

Oh well - that's me telt. I'm away home to lob a couple of pairs in the bin then.

Good man. Go get yourself something that doesnt look like youve just taken the caliper's off.

BoJack Horseman

Mods, can we change the title to "Shoes to avoid at all costs (plus some lovely chukka boots)"?

Mods, can we change the title to "Shoes to avoid at all costs (plus some lovely chukka boots)"?

Does this thread prove my point? There is actually nothing decent that can go with jeans. Trainers look tinky and no one wants to wear smart shoes with jeans every day. No matter how nice and shiny they look.

Archived