• Created
  • Last Reply
BoJack Horseman

IMO those chukka boots are bowfin.

Unless you are over 35, avoid.

Nike Blazers are cool as ****.

I thought you were over 35?

Although to be fair.

This thread is impossible to answer unless you know what clothes are being worn.

No offence, but

:bitgay:

That said, I'm probably a wee bit older than you and there could be a generation gap thing going on.

So in that case, you have probably chosen wisely, young man.

grailknight.jpg

:crowngrin: Thanks Boris. I think..

Smert. I was going to get the brown ones. Not entirely sure what blue shoes go with.

My only issue with them..

Craig Gordons Gloves

Currently wearing a pair of maroon suede superstars which go well with bootcut jeans that are slightly baggy. However, they don't go well with 'slimmer' cut jeans (and i'm not talking skinny). I have a pair of Clarks desert boots that are a) comfy and B) look good with most jeans that i wear. I find converse uncomfortable after wearing them for long periods of time and "smart" shoes just look daft with jeans imo. By smart - i mean shoes for the office, which always put me in mind of someones untrendy dad if they're worn with jeans. My brown chelsea boots also look reasonably decent with jeans.

BoJack Horseman

Currently wearing a pair of maroon suede superstars which go well with bootcut jeans that are slightly baggy. However, they don't go well with 'slimmer' cut jeans (and i'm not talking skinny). I have a pair of Clarks desert boots that are a) comfy and B) look good with most jeans that i wear. I find converse uncomfortable after wearing them for long periods of time and "smart" shoes just look daft with jeans imo. By smart - i mean shoes for the office, which always put me in mind of someones untrendy dad if they're worn with jeans. My brown chelsea boots also look reasonably decent with jeans.

Surely that entirely depends on the shoe and the jean?

I picked up these yesterday, they'll be worn exclusively with jeans. Guess they're a boot rather than a shoe though so not sure they apply.

hJnfSUw.jpg

I didn't even know they still made classics anymore :lol:

The combination of them and Adidas poppers ranks up there as probably my biggest fashion disaster :vrface:

Craig Gordons Gloves

Surely that entirely depends on the shoe and the jean?

I picked up these yesterday, they'll be worn exclusively with jeans. Guess they're a boot rather than a shoe though so not sure they apply.

hJnfSUw.jpg

you're absolutely right - when i was referring to "work" shoes i was talking about the black or brown plain shoes that you see many people wear. What were those boots/shoes that people wore back in the 80s? Kickers? Pods? Now they were awful.

Do some people worry too much about their appearance?

I think what this thread proves is that too many people don't worry enough (insert cornette face)

BoJack Horseman

you're absolutely right - when i was referring to "work" shoes i was talking about the black or brown plain shoes that you see many people wear. What were those boots/shoes that people wore back in the 80s? Kickers? Pods? Now they were awful.

You mean freaks that wear shoes like these with jeans?

boys-us-brass-black-square-toe-formal-shoes-new--56405-p.jpg

The People's Chimp

You mean freaks that wear shoes like these with jeans?

boys-us-brass-black-square-toe-formal-shoes-new--56405-p.jpg

:rofl:

Folk with this combo should be sent straight to jail.

Jeans are for going into town shopping or just cutting about in the day time.

As such, desert boots or a non chavtastic pair of trainers are fine. Jeans arent meant for places where appearance matters, wearing them with brogues is just madness.

I used to have a pair of black suede brogues and a pair of black suede Oxford shoes and more often than not wear one of each, not in a "look at me I'm an individual and there are no fashion constraints on me" , more in a "I'm pished where is my shoe there it is", kind of way.

The Mrs got me a pair of they pointy efforts above and with size 13 feet, I look like Ali Baba.

Black Adidas boots all the time.

BoJack Horseman

Jeans are for going into town shopping or just cutting about in the day time.

As such, desert boots or a non chavtastic pair of trainers are fine. Jeans arent meant for places where appearance matters, wearing them with brogues is just madness.

:what:

For a dry day.

For a wet day

1317133149-73081900.jpg

Still own a pair of nubuck cream~natural coloured Timberland boots,?145 at the time from Cruise but superb quality......apart from their a ***** to clean!

BoJack Horseman

I wear Clarks Desert boots in the summer and Redwing Chukkas in the Winter.

Both look better with age IMO.

51h0hawTS6L.jpg

Also very smart.

These from the sounds of things.

timberland-roll-top-women-boots-white_LRG.jpg

Good san,you have got a point about Timberland boots as they did go into the chav section when they issued stuff like those things above.

Archived