Trainers/Casual footwear that actually look smart with jeans

scott_jambo

Do they exist?

Obviously trainers go with sportswear

Shoes go with formal wear.

Casual wear...seems to just be an array of men looking like tits, either with trainers that dont suit jeans or shoes that look too formal and awkward for casual jeans.

JKB Fashionista's - inspire me. I want to see something awesome not pictures of your lacoste trainers or your adidas sambas.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I like that colour. Where did you get those bad boys from? x

Thanks for the kiss.

Clarks mate. I like brogues as well.

Thanks for the kiss.

Clarks mate. I like brogues as well.

Typing on this at work and also texting on my phone. :facepalm: haha.

brogues?

Sterling Archer

+whatever number we're at now for the Desert boots.

To be honest it's going to depend on what sort of jeans you're talking about (cut/colour etc.)

BoJack Horseman

As above, any form of chukka boot really. I prefer a slimmer profile than the desert boot. Something like;

1322231048-37804400.jpg

Jeans are mainly straight legged.

Don't own bootcut jeans anymore or any tighty ones.

Have a few colours of your chino's but that's a whole other debate...

Colour, blue jeans, not really dark but not light blue either...usually get my jeans from zara.

Merrells? Deary me. They were always the shoes the special kids wore.

You see loads of people trying to get away with wearing trainers that look like these Lonsdale efforts underneath. For a while folk I saw a fair few folk stoating around in the Adidas Y3 (the ones that looked like the Lonsdales), which were equally as boak-inducing.

5k0nzl.jpg

Absolutely horrible. Complete 'cool dad' efforts.

Desert boots are probably the way to go if you're wanting to be 'smart'. Black gutties with blue jeans is a proper facepalm though. I have a couple pair of deset boots and a pair of Fred Perry MId-Length boots for heading to town.

Sorry no. Not sure if you are being sarcastic though? :curtain:

I'm winding you up scott_jambo sorry mate, but ugly white trainers with jeans were the norm when I was in my twenties.

Nowadays,jeans would only be worn with Timberland Felt Gibson's or the daddy of all shoes ....

church-burwood.jpg

Merrell's are alright...

merrell--striker-goal--navy--pink.jpg

I'm sure they are good quality, but i'm looking for a conservative but stylish look. These merrel efforts look rank.

I'm winding you up scott_jambo sorry mate, but ugly white trainers with jeans were the norm when I was in my twenties.

Nowadays,jeans would only be worn with Timberland Felt Gibson's or the daddy of all shoes ....

church-burwood.jpg

I have shoes similar to this, but unfortunately these fall under "formal wear" and while may look decent with a certain type of jeans, it's not everyday wear that I can pull on during the day.

414jVYpS9UL._SY395_.jpg

As per my previous post

My gran phoned. She wants her shoes back.

:curtain:

(insert joke about Boris shagging my gran in here please)

My gran phoned. She wants her shoes back.

:curtain:

(insert joke about Boris shagging my gran in here please)

After shagging your gran I thought I'd keep a score. An equivalent of the notch on the bedpost, if you like.

ralph-lauren-purple-label-tassel-loafers-ss2011-2.jpg

Notbrainwashed

Another desert boot shout. Camper also do a good chukka boot.

Adidas do a trainer called the Tobacco - much cooler than a Samba and not quite as 'everyone has a pair' as the Gazelle. See size? on Princes st.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Top trolling in this thread trying to convince the OP that desert boots are a good idea.

^^^

goes about in those trainers that have the roller wheels on the bottom of them so he can skate about

^^^

goes about in those trainers that have the roller wheels on the bottom of them so he can skate about

I only wear those with a mini-skirt.

Got these the other week, and a wee pair of Vans mid ankle things. Not quite evolved to desert boots yet, but had my eye on a few pairs.

adidas-culver4.jpg

so sad, having to ask on a fitba forum how to not embarrass yourself when dressing.

why not be an individual and wear what you like, instead just following the herd, must take forever getting ready to go out, bit girlish.

church-burwood.jpg

Nice

these are the ones I have, Cheaney cheaney-shoes-avon-dark-leaf-tan-leather-brogues-l.jpg

The People's Chimp

:rofl:

The nick of some folk. Merrells. Ray Gin slating desert boots while no doubt kicking about in some lonsdales.

Incredible scenes.

so sad, having to ask on a fitba forum how to not embarrass yourself when dressing.

why not be an individual and wear what you like, instead just following the herd, must take forever getting ready to go out, bit girlish.

Just asking for some advice. :sob:

This thread isn't going well. Boris being the main culprit. :vrface:

Harsh.

Obviously you're not a fan of the loafer.

Pfft...kids these days. No style.

Remind me never to ask for for fashion advice on here, some horrendous shouts :lol:

Here's hoping a lot of them are in jest.

Archived