Mike Hunt

The Old Tolbooth

Waw.

Would Sheilds or Clark get anywhere near a top EPL club set up?

I watched Ngoo playing for LFC reserves on their telly channel a few times, the lad's clearly got talent, he'll come back once he gets settled with someone.

Football's all about opinions mate, it would be a dull old world if everyone agreed all the time :thumbsup:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, Ngoo started well but faded, that may be inexeperience or poor coaching/management or he may just be crap or the game up here doesn't suit him.

However, he's a young player who I thought had "something", a bit of potential. I'd be willing, if it wasn't on ludicrous money, to have him back, coach him and see what happens. he's only 21.

Remember, not all players are messi when you sign them. When we signed hartley, everyone went why? then levein turned him into a very good central midfielder.

He said himself he left a better player so poor coaching or management is out the window, do you realise where he ended up before drawing the dole, warming the bench for the mighty Walsall, we need a PROVEN experienced goal scorer not someone who is pretty one dimensional and not very good.

Guest GhostHunter

I just wonder whether taking a punt on the likes of Rory McAllister is something we should look at ?

Would be on peanuts I'd imagine - but knows where the goals are in the lower leagues...

Would Sheilds or Clark get anywhere near a top EPL club set up ?

I watched Ngoo playing for LFC reserves on their telly channel a few times, the lad's clearly got talent, he'll come back once he gets settled with someone.

Football's all about opinions mate, it would be a dull old world if everyone agreed all the time :thumbsup:

Erm Dean Shiels started he career at Arsenal, and as for the point your trying make, what about Paul McCallum, just because they play for a big team when they are young doesn't make them a good player when they get that bit older.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Rudi, can you please explain what the hell WAW means?

The Old Tolbooth

Erm Dean Shiels started he career at Arsenal, and as for the point your trying make, what about Paul McCallum, just because they play for a big team when they are young doesn't make them a good player when they get that bit older.

I never knew that about Shields, my point still stands however, Ngoo is head and shoulders above anything we have at the moment and would improve the front line significantly.

Rudi, can you please explain what the hell WAW means?

Wow, I prefer waw if the truth be told, it's how I say it that's all, keep getting a red line under it every time I post it but hey ho thats the way I roll.

Say What Again

Just read the posts on page one of this thread :rofl:

I had to check we hadn't signed Lionel Messi on loan a while back and I'd missed it. You would think Ngoo was world class :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Wow, I prefer waw if the truth be told, it's how I say it that's all, keep getting a red line under it every time I post it but hey ho thats the way I roll.

Ok, sorry I asked!

Don Roberto

Couldn't be bothered in the LC final. Cost us.

wouldn't have been in it at all if it hadn't been for him

All this talk of being crap in the league cup final. He set up both goals.

Have a look at our defence instead.

chuck berrys hairline

I'm pretty sure Liverpool have a great set up, my point was how much coaching has he received in last 2 years

Erm...two years minus holidays!

Bunny Munro

All this talk of being crap in the league cup final. He set up both goals.

Have a look at our defence instead.

And the donkey beside him.

And Lockie taking off any player who looked like they could turn it around.

Head and shoulders above what we have?.have to disagree.carrick is a better prospect and i don't think ngoo was too bad in some games, was good in several and poor in a few.young player who's lost his way.

Tommy Wiseau

The Hearts support is racist. Truth hurts, Captain Haddock.

Every single one of us, aye?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The racist abuse Ngoo got in that LC final was disgusting tbf. Obviously we are not racist as an entire support, but we have a lot of them, and certain players get singled out because of their race and colour of skin unfortunately.

Of course not.

I may just not be getting an 'in-joke' here, but every team has a few racist supporters, certainly not enough to claim "the Hearts support is racist".

The racist abuse Ngoo got in that LC final was disgusting tbf. Obviously we are not racist as an entire support we have a lot of them, and certain players get singled out because of their race and colour of skin unfortunately.

I'm fortunate enough to have not heard any racist abuse at that game.

Disgusting ****ers!

usually i'd hold off on the kickback gag of any mention of black player is racist (barring nade who is just fat), but I heard hundreds of overtly racist things shouted at ngoo at the league cup final. A match where there were half a dozen players far worse than him. Not that a poor performance permits racism of course.

I believe it was largely day trippers as i've never experienced anything of that level in my time following hearts, but they're hearts fans nonetheless. I should also point out i saw several good people stand up to many of these cretins and that the stewards did about as much as i could expect them to do in the circumstances.

Riddley Walker

:laugh:

Generic Username

If we're talking about racist Hearts fans I need to give a wee shout out to the arsehole in G, row 22 who sat just behind me.

Oh my.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm fortunate enough to have not heard any racist abuse at that game.

Disgusting ****ers!

Wish I could say the same mate, it was brutal, Taouil too.

Tommy Wiseau

I may just not be getting an 'in-joke' here, but every team has a few racist supporters, certainly not enough to claim "the Hearts support is racist".

Au contraire.

The consistent picture is that black players at Hearts get racist abuse from their own support - it's not a majority, but it is a sizeable minority. Consistent enough and unchallenged enough to say that the Hearts support is racist. We're the support who threw hundreds of bananas at a black player FFS.

This is utter rubbish.

In society in general there are all kinds of people, including racists. I would hazard a guess that the proportions of society that are racists is practically the same as the proportion of Hearts fans that are racists, just as it would be with customers of pretty much any business.

Au contraire.

The consistent picture is that black players at Hearts get racist abuse from their own support - it's not a majority, but it is a sizeable minority. Consistent enough and unchallenged enough to say that the Hearts support is racist. We're the support who threw hundreds of bananas at a black player FFS.

The Hearts support all those years ago when Mark Walters came to Tynie is very different from today's. It has evolved just as society has.

Tommy Wiseau

This is utter rubbish.

In society in general there are all kinds of people, including racists. I would hazard a guess that the proportions of society that are racists is practically the same as the proportion of Hearts fans that are racists, just as it would be with customers of pretty much any business.

Folk who shop at Tesco tend not to shout racist abuse at Sainsbury's staff, or fling bananas at workers in Aldi.

Folk who shop at Tesco tend not to shout racist abuse at Sainsbury's staff, or fling bananas at workers in Aldi.

Wrong Tommy.

I spent many years managing a large retail unit for a multinational company across several different locations, and I can sadly assure you 100% that staff get racially abused. I personally had a high proportion of foreign students working for me from all over the world and had to deal with this disgusting behaviour far far too often.

Those guilty were men and women, young and old. Pretty depressing really.

Archived