• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Boy Named Crow
On 03/12/2021 at 23:59, Salad Fingers said:

I was listening to a relaxation/meditation thing on Spotify last night while lying in bed. Starts of with the guy talking softly, breathing techniques etc, making you feel relaxed and sleepy then there's about an hour or so of relaxing ambient music. It's really good actually. Anyway, I was feeling great and drifting into a nice, comfortable sleep then BANG!!! Some daft advert had come on with a woman shouting and Christmas music playing. I almost had a heart attack and actually jumped up. Well that was me up for another two hours. 

I take it you didn't opt for the ad-free premium subscription then?

Салатные палочки
6 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I take it you didn't opt for the ad-free premium subscription then?

Doesn't apply to podcasts as they're monetised. 

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Ah, that's a bugger!

It is, but I suppose they have to make their money some way. 

I listen to Athletico Mince and Top Flight Time Machine a lot. I subscribed to Mince through Patreon, where you can listen without the adverts but it's not the same as the episodes don't play continuously on Patreon the same as they do on Spotify. You have to exit one episode to play the next. 

Dagger Is Back
On 28/11/2021 at 16:33, Tazio said:

For someone my age the seethe there is when did this happen to men? I’m not thinking men should be smoking Woodbine and beating their kids every day but there seems to be a thing where grown men are acting like teenage girls. “What did you do at the weekend mate?”  “Oh it was cool, I got a new onesie so we had a duvet and pampering day”. Just **** right off what are you doing next? A ****ing pyjama party listening to K Pop? My nieces husband is always fecking off for spray tans and hair treatments when he has a day off. Big ****ing jessie 

🤣👏

Dagger Is Back

Whatever happened to mirror, signal, manoeuvre?

It’s now manoeuvre, signal and then mirror as you get honked at for BEING A DICK!!

Салатные палочки

On a driving note, what is it with people not signalling when their exiting a roundabout? Sat there like an arsehole waiting to get on, see a car coming, no idea where it's going. Wait.....wait....oh there he is turning off at the exit before me. Thanks. 

11 hours ago, jonesy said:

Had one clown tail me for a good 20 miles on the A9 last week. In the dark. Was like something from a horror film.

Bits of dual carriageway to overtake, i think its down to intelligence wi some folk. 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Exactly. Was on that really empty stretch at Drumochter and at night, so plenty visibility for overtaking. He kept speed with me when I went up to 65/70 on the duals, and then did the same when I tried dropping down to 55. I know lorries go 'in convoy' for fuel saving/time reasons, but this was a Transit van tailing my estate car!

Got a fright on that road back in 2015 going on holiday up to Dornoch, woman in a range rover overtakes and coming towards me,

i slowed to a crawl and was ready to go in the verge, she got in just in time, total clown driving, but not an isolated case.

to save 10 minutes, beyond me.

15 hours ago, jonesy said:

Had one clown tail me for a good 20 miles on the A9 last week. In the dark. Was like something from a horror film.

Unless it's on the motorway, I usually just indicate left, and slow right down so they go past me. 

Then I speed right back up and give them a taste of their own medicine for 20 miles :lol: 

Now I don’t want to make any assumptions but these motoring close misses seem to be happening to the same person on a regular basis. 
You have to ask what the common factor in all these incidents is :interehjrling:

Sitting in my office snowed under with work and everyone else is sitting all facing each other speaking about Dungeon and bloody Dragons doing F all. Sick of this place and the people I work with, They are living in fear and worry all the time about covid they do nothing at the weekends in case they catch it and bring it to work, I get questioned about going to the football every week 😋

This time next week my notice could get slapped down on my manager desk, I was on the phone last night with a potential new job for a hour Interview next Tuesday .

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Sitting in my office snowed under with work and everyone else is sitting all facing each other speaking about Dungeon and bloody Dragons doing F all. Sick of this place and the people I work with, They are living in fear and worry all the time about covid they do nothing at the weekends in case they catch it and bring it to work, I get questioned about going to the football every week 😋

This time next week my notice could get slapped down on my manager desk, I was on the phone last night with a potential new job for a hour Interview next Tuesday .

If you work at Games Workshop then you may be overreacting.....

Салатные палочки

Setting up a Firestick for my parents. Sounds quite easy aye? Not when they can't work smartphones, confirm log-ins or enter codes etc. 

43 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Setting up a Firestick for my parents. Sounds quite easy aye? Not when they can't work smartphones, confirm log-ins or enter codes etc. 

Don't get IPTV on it for them even worse going though vpn and downloading apps and URL codes in 😂

Салатные палочки
10 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Don't get IPTV on it for them even worse going though vpn and downloading apps and URL codes in 😂

That's exactly what they bought it for :laugh:. So not only do I need to set up the firestick, I need to then download and set up IPTV and VPN. Luckily enough the IPTV is good to go and they can just use my Surfshark log on. 

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

That's exactly what they bought it for :laugh:. So not only do I need to set up the firestick, I need to then download and set up IPTV and VPN. Luckily enough the IPTV is good to go and they can just use my Surfshark log on. 

That's not bad then 😂 I have had a few IPTV apps where the guy I use has had to add and remove and then create VPN it was a pain in the arse changing servers, I got it for my dad and I would always get a text the Liverpool game isn't working pissed me off and just annoyed me, It's now updated and the VPN is built into the app which is like SKY Q even the set up is the same no issues so far  

52 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I made the mistake of doing this for my old man last year, it aged me quite a bit.

2 minutes ago, superjack said:

I made the mistake of doing this for my old man last year, it aged me quite a bit.

Aye a match would come on watching Liverpool phone would ping saying his isn't working by the time you got that one sorted you were put off the football and wasn't bothered 

Really like having the American TV channels but the Ad's are to much haha. We got rid of Netflix too get all the movies and tv series on demand to whats class. 

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Aye a match would come on watching Liverpool phone would ping saying his isn't working by the time you got that one sorted you were put off the football and wasn't bothered 

Really like having the American TV channels but the Ad's are to much haha. We got rid of Netflix too get all the movies and tv series on demand to whats class. 

I've actually written out instructions for them. My dad is a Liverpool fan also so I've made doubly sure the instructions for finding the EPL games are crystal clear. But I'm still expecting plenty of phone calls. 

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

I've actually written out instructions for them. My dad is a Liverpool fan also so I've made doubly sure the instructions for finding the EPL games are crystal clear. But I'm still expecting plenty of phone calls. 

😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

I done similar, dad was a jambo so knew I would be watching myself. 9 times out of 10, the issue was he had switched off the VPN. As they had sky broadband, you need the VPN on all the time so don’t know why he would switch it off.

On 05/12/2021 at 22:29, jonesy said:

Pennywise drives a Transit...

94082268_Screenshot(85).png.413291a50bbcf12cc445414d1176274f.png

Went to check the hoover in the garage this morning, not full of dust, but you will never guess, WATER,

full to the brim, how its still working is baffling, :jj_facepalm:

On 10/12/2021 at 23:15, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Dog owners who let their dogs run riot off the lead and have no control of them,,dogs not at fault it's the owners

Add those that have them on one of those extendable leads and don’t pay attention. I almost ran a dog over a few weeks back because it’s arsehole owner was more interested in his phone than what the dog was doing. Had to hit the breaks as it walked out in front of me.

Captain Sausage
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Just seen this story and it has got me properly seething this morning.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sick-mum-filmed-offering-cocaine-25670598

Here’s a question I never thought I’d ask…

Does the monkey get the £128 victim surcharge?

Hope the wee fella is living a better life in the Dorsey sanctuary. 

34 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Here’s a question I never thought I’d ask…

Does the monkey get the £128 victim surcharge?

Hope the wee fella is living a better life in the Dorsey sanctuary. 

Living a happier life now, thankfully.

BBC News - Monkey offered cocaine and flushed down loo recovering
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59667079

I adore Absolute Radio but the constant, awful, whiny, slowed-down cover versions of previously up-beat and entertaining classic Christmas songs make you want to feckin top yerself

:sob:

Christmas TV Shows.

Now, before I explain I do realise it's close to Christmas and such shows are to be expected. 

However,

The sheer weight of utter crap....every "Celebrity " seems to have their own show about their Christmas dinner, or their favourite destination at Christmas, or their favourite TV show at Christmas, or their favourite Christmas song, their favourite Christmas toy...then add to that the amount of old Christmas specials, most of which are awful and its just an avalanche of tinsel covered shite.....topped with "Christmas in my house....."

I like Christmas......but you just drown in it now.

On 28/11/2021 at 20:39, FWJ said:

BBC “Scotland” Sportscene.

OF 25 minutes each, all the rest 25 minutes between them.

TBH, not so much a seethe as a resigned sigh.

presume OF weren't playing then?

18 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Christmas TV Shows.

Now, before I explain I do realise it's close to Christmas and such shows are to be expected. 

However,

The sheer weight of utter crap....every "Celebrity " seems to have their own show about their Christmas dinner, or their favourite destination at Christmas, or their favourite TV show at Christmas, or their favourite Christmas song, their favourite Christmas toy...then add to that the amount of old Christmas specials, most of which are awful and its just an avalanche of tinsel covered shite.....topped with "Christmas in my house....."

Especially the ones which are very clearly filmed in late summer/early autumn with sunny blue skies and flowering plants or trees with fruit hanging off them, everything just quickly dusted with fake snow and the cast stotting about in woolly jumpers.

You aint fooling anybody you pricks.

2 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Christmas TV Shows.

However,

Aye - the trailer for all sorts of upcoming BBC sh1te  was on a couple of hours ago.   As you say-  Celebrity this, Celebrity that - Masterchef, Bargain Hunt, Who do you think you are, etc . Then you've got stuff like Christmas Cruising with Susan Calman, Gordon Ramsay's Christmas Day,  Every other C u Next Tuesday's Christmas Day.

BBC Scotland have got in on it too with Scotland's Best Christmas Home.   Elitism running rampant, although one of the judges is a good-looking female "online influencer" who seems to like flashing her bits at every opportunity - apparently she's got over a million followers !!           For the sake of balance and equality, they really ought to broadcast  a competition to find Scotland's Worst Slum too.   

There was some artificial cookery thing on tonight where Mary Barry just happened to force her way in to someone's kitchen and starts showing them how to chop the veg for Christmas dinner - meanwhile some other "celebs" (Alex Jones.... yes, really) were in a taxi on their way round to the guy's house for a free meal.   Appalling stuff.  Probably filmed in the summer too, like you say.

I used to like Christmas ..... can't be arsed with it now.     

Dagger Is Back

Was out walking the dog tonight, car pulls up with no lights on. It’s pitch dark.

Waited until the passenger door opened and a woman got out. There’s at least 3 kids in the back.

Excuse me but I think there’s something wrong with your lights.

She shouts to the driver, another woman- he says your lights aren’t working. 

A bit of murmuring and then passenger says she doesn’t know how to switch them on, she’ll ask her husband when she gets home.

I think I may have been trolled. 🤷🏻

7 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Was out walking the dog tonight, car pulls up with no lights on. It’s pitch dark.

Waited until the passenger door opened and a woman got out. There’s at least 3 kids in the back.

Excuse me but I think there’s something wrong with your lights.

She shouts to the driver, another woman- he says your lights aren’t working. 

A bit of murmuring and then passenger says she doesn’t know how to switch them on, she’ll ask her husband when she gets home.

I think I may have been trolled. 🤷🏻

at least 3 clowns with no lights yesterday morning, deffo got issues , beyond me.

Woman gets on the bus, sits down and proceeds to spray large amount of perfume on herself. Entire deck of the bus now stinks of it. Now she’s doing a full make up job. Just get up a few minutes earlier you stupid cow. 

Edited by Tazio

24 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Woman gets on the bus, sits down and proceeds to spray large amount of perfume on herself. Entire deck of the bus now stinks of it. Now she’s doing a full make up job. Just get up a few minutes earlier you stupid cow. 

Better than someone thats not washed i suppose, anyway my seeth for today, we get a new tyre pressure / screenwash 

machine in the garage, about a month old, someones ripped the air hose right off the reel, so wont go back in, beyond me 

some folk, they just dont care. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I'd love to have been the bus driver, there would have been a few strategic taps of the brakes.

18 hours ago, Cade said:

I adore Absolute Radio but the constant, awful, whiny, slowed-down cover versions of previously up-beat and entertaining classic Christmas songs make you want to feckin top yerself

:sob:

I can't be bothered with any Christmas music normally turn it over when one comes on .  

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

🤣 Should definitely be illegal. You really shouldn't be able to get on the bus as a 3 and get off looking like a 7

4 hours ago, Tazio said:

£20 says she waited until the bus doors opened before opening her handbag.....