The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

It does. Utterly crazy the way that they do things down there and I don't know why they put up with it. Decent excuse for a riot.

Own your house but not the ground it sits on,mad. Remember getting fue duty years ago for my flat, never paid it. I think it was only a couple of pounds a year 🤣

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ground Rent is (as usual) a holdover from Medieval feudalism.

You (well, your bank) owns your house.

But your Landlord owns the land your house is built on.

So you have to pay your mortgage AND rent to the Landlord.

Rather often, this also includes the modern scourge that is the serviced, "shared equity" apartment type.

So you pay a mortgage on the percentage of the property you own, you pay ground rent to the Landlord, you pay a service charge to the company providing the concierge AND you are legally bound to buy another set percentage of the property every few years on top of that, so you need to save for that at the same time.

:munny: :gocompare:

Edited by Cade

Just went to chuck a bag into my wheelie bin only to find 2 full black bin bags in it. Not placed there by me, and the bin is in my garden so some cheeky ***** actually opened the gate and casually strolled in and fly tipped into my bin. 

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Cade said:

No they don't. :)

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Ground Rent is (as usual) a holdover from Medieval feudalism.

But your Landlord owns the land your house is built on.

So you have to pay your mortgage AND rent to the Landlord.

Rather often, this also includes the modern scourge that is the serviced, "shared equity" apartment type.

So you pay a mortgage on the percentage of the property you own, you pay ground rent to the Landlord, you pay a service charge to the company providing the concierge AND you are legally bound to buy another set percentage of the property every few years on top of that, so you need to save for that at the same time.

:munny: :gocompare:

Good post. It's just another legal scam in the transfer of weath.

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Just went to chuck a bag into my wheelie bin only to find 2 full black bin bags in it. Not placed there by me, and the bin is in my garden so some cheeky ***** actually opened the gate and casually strolled in and fly tipped into my bin. 

The one on the bottom has a mistakenly discarded bag of grass in it if you can be arsed rummaging about.

4 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

The one on the bottom has a mistakenly discarded bag of grass in it if you can be arsed rummaging about.

Aye, a fair chance. Being the petty type I checked all the neighbours bins as they are in the shared back garden to see who is guilty. They’re all in the clear though so no awkward Easter Sunday door knocking to do. 

henrysmithsgloves
59 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Aye, a fair chance. Being the petty type I checked all the neighbours bins as they are in the shared back garden to see who is guilty. They’re all in the clear though so no awkward Easter Sunday door knocking to do. 

Might be Easter eggs 🤔

superjack
15 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Own your house but not the ground it sits on,mad. Remember getting fue duty years ago for my flat, never paid it. I think it was only a couple of pounds a year 🤣

There is still a lot of that in Lewis. Unless you decroft a small portion of your croft, the land your house is on still belongs to the crofting community. We have to pay our fuel every year, but only the croft as we had to decroft the house to get a mortgage. Our annual charge though is a whole £6!

JudyJudyJudy

£4.90 for a single mince pie at a chippy last night in the Grassmarket 

Cranston
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Was it worth the money Judy? Or just grossly overpriced?

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Cranston said:

Was it worth the money Judy? Or just grossly overpriced?

Both 😂😂 I was staving . I had had a few drinks and it helped me down a few after . Actually funnily enough Neil McCann was in one of the boozers 

Cranston
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Both 😂😂 I was staving . I had had a few drinks and it helped me down a few after . Actually funnily enough Neil McCann was in one of the boozers 

👍

Glad it was enjoyable, especially at that price. After a good few drinks though, the proverbial scabby horse comes to mind. Neil McCann was on the radio Saturday saying his family were away on holiday while he was covering Open All Mikes. Better not let his wife know lol.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Cranston said:

👍

Glad it was enjoyable, especially at that price. After a good few drinks though, the proverbial scabby horse comes to mind. Neil McCann was on the radio Saturday saying his family were away on holiday while he was covering Open All Mikes. Better not let his wife know lol.

Oooooo my ! He looked tanned himself . He was with a crowd of guys and women . I’m not one to gossip 😂

IMG_7387.gif

Cranston
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oooooo my ! He looked tanned himself . He was with a crowd of guys and women . I’m not one to gossip 😂

IMG_7387.gif

👍

We'll keep it just to ourselves Judy.

:jj:

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Cranston said:

👍

We'll keep it just to ourselves Judy.

:jj:

😇

59 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

summer:facepalm:2 weeks of rain, oh wait, might get 2 days of sunshine.

Absolutely brutal 😫 

Especially when you've got wee ones stuck in the house. 

heartandsoul
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

The weather is pathetic. 

I paid 4.95 for a bag of chips at the fountain Park fry. Yes chips. 

Walking in the pishing rain to and back from Sainsbury's and I get in the house and forgotten a specific item I'd gone to the shop for in the first place!!!

4 hours ago, Hansel said:

Absolutely brutal 😫 

Especially when you've got wee ones stuck in the house. 

Even the cat is going tonto - he looks at me, looks at the front door and hopes if I open it, it will be a portal to a different world than the cat flap into the back garden. Pretty good reasoning for a cat tbf, but buddy if we could change the weather by opening another door, everyone in Scotland would have more doors than walls in their houses!

It doesn't stop him yowling his displeasure at me though. 

Edited by Gizmo

kawasakijambo
On 01/04/2024 at 20:38, JudyJudyJudy said:

£4.50 in Longstone chippie.

Harry Potter

just went on Netflix, get it cheaper , wait for it, with adverts, :facepalm:, dont think so, i like Netflix 

so i get away from constant milk float adverts, life insurance, mobile phone tripe.

On 30/03/2024 at 14:26, henrysmithsgloves said:

Makes you glad to live in Scotland 😳

While we don't really have the freeholder issue you still see service charges on new builds in Scotland, mainly due to councils only granting planning permission if things like road and park/green space maintenance is covered by homeowners through service charges meaning that folk living in any house privately built in the last 25 years end up paying council tax plus a service charge and all for less services than folk in older houses get for their council tax alone. 

Jim_Duncan
20 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

just went on Netflix, get it cheaper , wait for it, with adverts, :facepalm:, dont think so, i like Netflix 

so i get away from constant milk float adverts, life insurance, mobile phone tripe.

No adverts in library books, Harry. 

SectionDJambo
21 hours ago, JWL said:

Walking in the pishing rain to and back from Sainsbury's and I get in the house and forgotten a specific item I'd gone to the shop for in the first place!!!

Write a list, and remember to take it. Even for a wee shopping.

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Write a list, and remember to take it. Even for a wee shopping.

Or get all 21st century and download the Shopping UK app on your phone. 

Harry Potter
29 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

No adverts in library books, Harry. 

aye😃

been here before
23 hours ago, JWL said:

Sainsburys eh?

This is your friend. .

https://smartshop.sainsburys.co.uk/

henrysmithsgloves
On 03/04/2024 at 08:36, Harry Potter said:

Next door neighbour is building a huge boat in the garden 😲 wonder if he knows something 🤔

boag1874

At a gig on Tuesday in Stereo in Glasgow, small venue. Been a busy few days and it’s a school night so I just want to stand & watch out the way of the moshpit area and just watch. I have a pretty decent view when gigantor decides to come stand in front of me, no big deal there’s enough space that I can see round him and tall people can to go to gigs too. However the ***** can’t make his mind up where he wants to stand, he starts off leaning to the right so I go left, then about 30 seconds later he moves to the left so I move over to the right, then another 30 seconds or so he’s back to leaning to the right so I’m back to the left, this goes on all of the opening bands set. He’s not dancing or swaying to the music, he’s just constantly changing the angle he’s standing at to watch the show and it’s like having a big moving screen in front of me, unbelievably annoying. I just gave up trying to see round him and moved elsewhere before the headliner.

RustyRightPeg

Folk who push the button at traffic lights to cross, but then cross before the lights change, so then you sit at a red light letting f****ng nobody across the road!! 

Sooperstar
27 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Next door neighbour is building a huge boat in the garden 😲 wonder if he knows something 🤔

What's his name? 

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Or get all 21st century and download the Shopping UK app on your phone. 

Too technical for me. I’m a pen and paper man. 
I know how to use a slide rule though.

boag1874
39 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

I Noah guy who did that once

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

What's his name? 

Bob🤣

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

bit better today tbf, my grass is still like a soaking wet sponge though.

milky_26
29 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

still in better condition than the grass at dens park

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

What's his name? 

think i Noahim 

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Folk who push the button at traffic lights to cross, but then cross before the lights change, so then you sit at a red light letting f****ng nobody across the road!! 

Thats me :) 

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

My garden this year is like a swamp 🤬 only one with grass ,all my neighbours have slabs,stones etc. the water all runs into my garden now,next door has a pond😲 can hear the frogs croaking at each other 😂

Harry Potter
13 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

My garden this year is like a swamp 🤬 only one with grass ,all my neighbours have slabs,stones etc. the water all runs into my garden now,next door has a pond😲 can hear the frogs croaking at each other 😂

We might get a week of hot sunshine 25C, be calling for a hosepipe ban lol, mind we might.😏.

na doubt it. 

Horatio Caine
29 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

We might get a week of hot sunshine 25C, be calling for a hosepipe ban lol, mind we might.😏.

na doubt it. 

Cheer up. I woke up to snow this morning ffs.

Harry Potter
15 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Cheer up. I woke up to snow this morning ffs.

Aye, same here, wee bit on my windscreen.

henrysmithsgloves
55 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

na doubt it. 

Nah! The rain will probably be 25c😂

17 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

I've got the same with both sides having no lawn left just slabs and yesterday noticed i'd ran over a frog in the driveway.

Frogs are the bain of my life to be honest, Mrs Ribble decided last summer to leave part of the lawn to grow wild 'for the bee's', turns out long grass and scottish weather make my garden a haven for frogs, the same frogs that the cats then bring into the house 

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, Ribble said:

I've got the same with both sides having no lawn left just slabs and yesterday noticed i'd ran over a frog in the driveway.

Frogs are the bain of my life to be honest, Mrs Ribble decided last summer to leave part of the lawn to grow wild 'for the bee's', turns out long grass and scottish weather make my garden a haven for frogs, the same frogs that the cats then bring into the house 

😂

Bin wars continue. Bins got emptied this morning. Went out later to collect mine and the neighbours had taken my bin (large one) and left their one (small size) in its place. They are now swapped back how they should be. Cheeky sod. 

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Bin wars continue. Bins got emptied this morning. Went out later to collect mine and the neighbours had taken my bin (large one) and left their one (small size) in its place. They are now swapped back how they should be. Cheeky sod. 

Why don't you dob a massive hse# on your bin?   Of course you'll then be the arsehole!

:greggy:

1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

😂

It was bad enough last summer but this year we'll have Ribble Jr running about the place so the lawn will be getting cut to bowling green length to discourage the frogs plus will plant citrus smelling plants as that apparently helps keep them away

henrysmithsgloves
22 minutes ago, Ribble said:

It was bad enough last summer but this year we'll have Ribble Jr running about the place so the lawn will be getting cut to bowling green length to discourage the frogs plus will plant citrus smelling plants as that apparently helps keep them away

Just imagine 😂

th-187856135.jpg