The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Tommy Brown
5 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Get a wee karcher or some such like, Tommy. The small ones are as cheap as chips these days and work well for limited domestic jobs.

Got one, all the mucky water pours down onto next door's patio.

Got to be quick or make sure he isn't in. 

:lol:

Quite impressed with his monblocks.

He uses Wet and Forget, pricey, seems worth it though. They look good 

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim_Duncan

Cyclists on pavements. 

Arsehole even rang his bell to get me to move. Hope he crashes. 

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Cyclists on pavements. 

Should've sworn at him and gestured rowards him. There's no way you'd go to jail if anything nasty befell the hapless twat.

JudyJudyJudy
21 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Cyclists on pavements. 

Oh yes ! My 83 years old friend goes radge when he sees this . Shouts manically at them 😂

Libertarian
44 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh yes ! My 83 years old friend goes radge when he sees this . Shouts manically at them 😂

I had a pal who used to carry golf balls in his pockets. When I asked him why he explained that they were to throw at arrogant cyclists. 🤣

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I had a pal who used to carry golf balls in his pockets. When I asked him why he explained that they were to throw at arrogant cyclists. 🤣

😂😂😂😎

Sainsbury's Murrayfield again. A bit trivial I know but, when I have coupons to use that bump up my Nectar Card points, I expect them to work when I hand them to the checkout person. Spent about 40 quid expecting triple points but lassie on the checkout just sits there and says 'they're no scanning', followed up with 'sometimes that happens' and gave me them back. No attempt at even trying to figure out a solution, no manager called, feck all. Aye, cheers, thanks for your absolutely piss poor customer service there. Wanks.

SectionDJambo

I like to cycle for exercise, in Midlothian, but I can understand how motorists and pedestrians, in Edinburgh, can get annoyed with some cyclists. Some seem to have a sense of entitlement that other road, or pavement, users have to move out of the way or be more considerate than they are.

Why, for instance, do some cyclists think it’s appropriate to squeeze past a line of cars to plonk themselves in front of a queue waiting at traffic lights, only to hold everyone up while they crawl over the junction? Why can’t they take their turn like everyone else has to? I can honestly say that I’ve never jumped a queue at any junction or hold up when I’ve been out cycling. It’s only good manners and less dangerous.

henrysmithsgloves
4 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Cyclists on pavements. 

th-415548182.jpg

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I like to cycle for exercise, in Midlothian, but I can understand how motorists and pedestrians, in Edinburgh, can get annoyed with some cyclists. Some seem to have a sense of entitlement that other road, or pavement, users have to move out of the way or be more considerate than they are.

Why, for instance, do some cyclists think it’s appropriate to squeeze past a line of cars to plonk themselves in front of a queue waiting at traffic lights, only to hold everyone up while they crawl over the junction? Why can’t they take their turn like everyone else has to? I can honestly say that I’ve never jumped a queue at any junction or hold up when I’ve been out cycling. It’s only good manners and less dangerous.

removing all these orange cyclist markings at the front of traffic lights would be a start 

PaddysBar
7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Ditto (cycling in Midlothian). 

I sometimes wait in traffic at a light but if it’s safe to go to the front box I will. 

Car drivers don’t bat an eyelid when a motor cyclist does this (filtering which is legal) but seem to lose the plot when a cyclist does.  

Agree on a different attitude in Edinburgh, bikes on pavements, not stopping at the green man etc. 

As (I think) @Tazio once said, there are people who own bikes and there are cyclists, a big difference. 

JudyJudyJudy
10 hours ago, JWL said:

Sainsbury's Murrayfield again. A bit trivial I know but, when I have coupons to use that bump up my Nectar Card points, I expect them to work when I hand them to the checkout person. Spent about 40 quid expecting triple points but lassie on the checkout just sits there and says 'they're no scanning', followed up with 'sometimes that happens' and gave me them back. No attempt at even trying to figure out a solution, no manager called, feck all. Aye, cheers, thanks for your absolutely piss poor customer service there. Wanks.

Yeo I’ve noticed that customer service in various places has went down hill . Had similar incident in another shop 

Stuart Lyon
18 hours ago, Ribble said:

and the latest from CEC, buses and taxi's only 7am to 7pm on dalry road from haymarket to mcleod street

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/edinburgh-roads-proposals-for-dalry-road-include-ban-on-through-traffic-new-cycle-lanes-improved-junction-4560614

Can't read the article because it's behind a paywall. Does it say what Llidl, the Co-Op and other businesses in Dairy Road think about the proposal? Isn't there a PO sorting office off Dairy Road?

32 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Can't read the article because it's behind a paywall. Does it say what Llidl, the Co-Op and other businesses in Dairy Road think about the proposal? Isn't there a PO sorting office off Dairy Road?

Of course it doesn’t include any of the negative impacts, just blabbers on about how great wide pavements will be 

Konrad von Carstein

PMQ's!

A fugging farce...like a couple of toddlers having incoherent tantrums!

the electorate deserve much better!

Jim_Duncan
13 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

th-415548182.jpg

That's him! Total bully.

henrysmithsgloves
46 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

That's him! Total bully.

🤣🤣

Tommy Brown
4 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

That's him! Total bully.

Those days are gone, where a clip round the earhole sorted them out.

We are too namby pamby nowadays.

I was given many back in the day, never done me any harm. I dish out, let them know they're not getting away it, even if they've done nothing wrong. Stop the little *******s from even thinking about it.

henrysmithsgloves

Chimney blocked again 🤬 got it swept at start of year, I wonder if there's a Kentucky fried rook stuck up there🤣 hopefully can get a sweep before weekend,Mrs has threatened to keep me warm 😳

Harry Potter

Radio this morning talking about voicenote, is that the same as voicemail, 😕.

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Radio this morning talking about voicenote, is that the same as voicemail, 😕.

Sort of, it's voicemails that sit in a message thread from that person in either your text messages or on whatsapp etc, mrs ribble uses them all the time and I hate them, especially when i'm at work when it's much easier just to read a text

Sooperstar
2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Sort of, it's voicemails that sit in a message thread from that person in either your text messages or on whatsapp etc, mrs ribble uses them all the time and I hate them, especially when i'm at work when it's much easier just to read a text

I refuse to listen to any voice notes from anyone. 

iantjambo
30 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Mrs Tjambo uses them to message some of her pals. It’s a pain in the arse when you’re watching something and she says “Oh, pause it for a minute so that I can listen to these messages”. I’m then sitting for 10 minutes waiting and moaning that I want to start watching again.

F*****g hate the things. I see where they could be helpful for people who are unable to type. But if you can type, then f*****g type!

Jim_Duncan
39 minutes ago, Ribble said:

35 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I refuse to listen to any voice notes from anyone. 

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Mrs Tjambo uses them to message some of her pals. It’s a pain in the arse when you’re watching something and she says “Oh, pause it for a minute so that I can listen to these messages”. I’m then sitting for 10 minutes waiting and moaning that I want to start watching again.

F*****g hate the things. I see where they could be helpful for people who are unable to type. But if you can type, then f*****g type!

Seems to be a female thing. A few years ago my mate got so fed up with his wife using voice notes he knocked her phone out her hand and it smashed on the floor.

Either call or text. It’s not hard. 

Jim_Duncan

The council never take down the yellow signs on lampposts announcing Road closures and parking restrictions. 

Sooperstar
32 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Seems to be a female thing. A few years ago my mate got so fed up with his wife using voice notes he knocked her phone out her hand and it smashed on the floor.

Going by his comments on the F1 thread voice notes are all the rage in @Seaside Dave and his mates football WhatsApp chat. 

Stuart Lyon

Hamilton Waste skip lorry driver who just decided to stop on the northbound side of the link road between Fountainbridge and the West Approach Rd this morning. He was about a car's length from the entrance to the road and put his hazard lights on and disappeared. I blasted the horn a few times but eventually had to get out and found him talking to someone at the gate of the building site. When challenged he asked me where he was supposed to stop. I told him that was his problem and he got back in his cab and moved onto the nearby pavement! The situation was not helped by the southbound side being backed-up due to traffic congestion caused by temporary light east of the junction.

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Going by his comments on the F1 thread voice notes are all the rage in @Seaside Dave and his mates football WhatsApp chat. 

That’s way over my head. 

Sooperstar
4 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

That’s way over my head. 

There's no hidden message. He just mentioned that he had spent some time in the early hours of Sunday morning catching up with a load of voice notes from his mates. 

Seaside Dave
4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Aye different sort of voice notes lol boys at a rave boys not making any sense 😂😂 

Jim_Duncan
3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

There's no hidden message. He just mentioned that he had spent some time in the early hours of Sunday morning catching up with a load of voice notes from his mates. 

Damn your cryptic riddles!

Sooperstar
10 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Damn your cryptic riddles!

The answer was: a clock. 

Carl Fredrickson

This has been brewing since Saturday. My son is after some record sleeves to use as wall art. He aint using mine so I said we would go to some charity shops to see if we can get some. Off to Musselburgh. 

There was a table on the pavement near B&M with some banners and flyers. To be honest, with two kids I didnt give them a second glance. 

Going into the Cancer Research shop a woman stops me and says "Do you know they test on animals". I said that was of no concern to me as I am with my kids who are wanting to go in to the shop. 

Same happened outside the British Heart Foundation shop with a different woman. Same thing but she tried to force a flyer into my hand. When I said "no thank you" she tried to give it to my 8 year old daughter. I told her that she shouldnt be handing flyers out to kids. 

My 13 year old son commented that he wondered if they needed cancer or heart treatment if either of the women would first ask if the medicine had been tested on animals. 

Jim_Duncan
18 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

This has been brewing since Saturday. My son is after some record sleeves to use as wall art. He aint using mine so I said we would go to some charity shops to see if we can get some. Off to Musselburgh. 

There was a table on the pavement near B&M with some banners and flyers. To be honest, with two kids I didnt give them a second glance. 

Going into the Cancer Research shop a woman stops me and says "Do you know they test on animals". I said that was of no concern to me as I am with my kids who are wanting to go in to the shop. 

Same happened outside the British Heart Foundation shop with a different woman. Same thing but she tried to force a flyer into my hand. When I said "no thank you" she tried to give it to my 8 year old daughter. I told her that she shouldnt be handing flyers out to kids. 

My 13 year old son commented that he wondered if they needed cancer or heart treatment if either of the women would first ask if the medicine had been tested on animals. 

Perhaps these protestors can take some crumb of comfort that whatever evolves and takes over as the top mammal on the planet will probably test on Homo sapiens. 

Carl Fredrickson
11 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Perhaps these protestors can take some crumb of comfort that whatever evolves and takes over as the top mammal on the planet will probably test on Homo sapiens. 

I did say something not dissimilar to my son. 

It has bugged me as they were very pushy and being out with my kids I was a lot more verbally restrained than if I were on my own. 

Dropping the wee man of with the grandparents meant i had to face the bypass this morning and although it was it's usual nose to tail traffic jam that's not my seethe, it's the sheer number of folk driving in terrible visibility conditions with no sodding lights on, most of them really new cars that will have automatic headlights that these arseholes have chosen to switch off for some unknown reason

Vlad Magic

Also car related.

Doing 55-60 in a 60 zone when a Mini pulls out onto the road a fair way down the road. No issues.

However rather than put his foot down even a little bit to get up to the national speed limit he decided to pootle along at 30 leading me to inevitably come up behind him. I didn’t flash my lights or display any aggressive behaviour towards him. Just muttered a few expletives under my breath.

He then starts gesticulating at me in his mirror and put the anchors on meaning I nearly go into the back of him.

I back off giving him plenty of room. He then speeds up so I speed up but leaving him room.

Next corner he sticks the anchors on again meaning I catch him up and he starts waving at me again!!

Honestly don’t understand some people.

il Duce McTarkin
21 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Also car related.

Doing 55-60 in a 60 zone when a Mini pulls out onto the road a fair way down the road. No issues.

However rather than put his foot down even a little bit to get up to the national speed limit he decided to pootle along at 30 leading me to inevitably come up behind him. I didn’t flash my lights or display any aggressive behaviour towards him. Just muttered a few expletives under my breath.

He then starts gesticulating at me in his mirror and put the anchors on meaning I nearly go into the back of him.

I back off giving him plenty of room. He then speeds up so I speed up but leaving him room.

Next corner he sticks the anchors on again meaning I catch him up and he starts waving at me again!!

Honestly don’t understand some people.

And some folk wonder why they get a wheel brace through the passenger side window.

PaddysBar

Driving home yesterday. Crash on the M8 east at Hermiston gate. I was heading for the bypass (east) so I turned off the M90 and went past the airport way to avoid the M8. 

Lots of other people had the same idea so the stretch from the Gyle roundabout over HG was busy. 

As you’ll know that road goes from 2 lanes to 1 at the end. 

The amount of people not letting people merge at the end was ridiculous. Nudging forward to stop people getting in. 

****ing idiots. 

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

And some folk wonder why they get a wheel brace through the passenger side window.

Seen a lot worse than that😲 plus some off the stuff I have seen lying at hand in punters vehicles, scary. I don't do road rage nowadays 😁

Harry Potter
On 26/03/2024 at 13:10, Jim_Duncan said:

It gets worse Jim, im supposed to get my wage slips through  whats App , why , never had one for 2 months, owner getting a text to E-mail me wage slips, total fiasco , never known such a carry on,

stupid apps , :facepalm:.

JudyJudyJudy

Specky lad at the gym last night. He looked like one half of the proclaimers . He had a hibs football top on!  Jesus . It’s an unwritten rule that you shouldn’t wear a football top to the gym ,😂 it looks tacky . Mind you I admire him slightly as the gym is in deep Jambo lad . I have noticed there is a more respectable un spectacle guy too who wears a hearts top !!! Good man 😎

superjack
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Specky lad at the gym last night. He looked like one half of the proclaimers . He had a hibs football top on!  Jesus . It’s an unwritten rule that you shouldn’t wear a football top to the gym ,😂 it looks tacky . Mind you I admire him slightly as the gym is in deep Jambo lad . I have noticed there is a more respectable un spectacle guy too who wears a hearts top !!! Good man 😎

Why would you avoid wearing a football top to the gym? I always do. Mind you, I doubt I'll ever be working out at the gym, then look up to see I'm surrounded by hobos!

Harry Potter

and theres the rain on, every day, getting beyond a joke now:seething:must be the wettest place in the world. SPRING 😅.

Nookie Bear
55 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c884m42lvk8o.amp

How is this sort of thing even legal?

When the revolution comes I'd have the lot of these sociopathic, capitalist pigs shot.

Feck me, my blood was boiling reading that. 

The housing situation in the UK is an absolute farce. 

il Duce McTarkin
30 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Makes you glad to live in Scotland 😳

It does. Utterly crazy the way that they do things down there and I don't know why they put up with it. Decent excuse for a riot.