Wallace Mercer Derby

Dayman

As far as I remember it was the usual patter from the ccs. They picked off smaller groups. Lots of trouble but all away from the main support. I did think it was going to be interesting once outside but it was a nice pleasant sing song all the way back to the west end for me.

I'm sure one or two will have horror stories I always found the ccs would never come near the main hearts support, they liked to have the numbers in their favour before getting involved.

luckyBatistuta

The players went off the pitch at one point as the hibs fans/casuals were fighting the police, but at no point did they ever make an attempt to get onto the pitch and have a go at us so we should've just hammered them senseless and not take the foot off the pedal.

There was a great picture in the Sunday Mail the next morning of the Hibs casual who approached Robbo being grabbed by the big Hearts fan with the white jumper on and a clenched fist, awesome.

They didnt need to get on the pitch...there was already enough animals on the park...i remember the shocking tackles from them in that game...boy do i miss those days :(

luckyBatistuta

I was at the top of leith walk in the car with my dad when i spotted one of my mates who is a hobo...when i shouted out to him...a scummy female hobo walking past spat in my face...jumped out the car only to see a shit load of casuals charge us...my old man pushed me back in and we floored it...gotta know when your on a loser...but hehhoh we were WINNERS :D

queensferryjambo

I'd be really grateful for some stories of what happened after the game, as Hearts fans made their way back to the promised land.

I wasn't allowed to go but my Dad and brother were there in force. They said the atmosphere was mental.

Honestly my memory of leaving and getting up to the bus station after the game was nothing but happiness - we walked up the road talking about the match got the bus station had a laugh at some of our H1b5 mates from school. It was all pretty cool from my point of view.

Different story after the Wayne Foster game lots of fighting from the end of London Road up to the big roundabout at the Playhouse (which is much smaller now since the road layout was changed) police horses, dogs and running battles.

A properly poisonous atmosphere at the game, most of it coming from the Hibs end. We were too busy having a laugh at them.

Aye...it was a little bit scary at times...probably the most intense derby I've ever attended tbh...

ArcticJambo

Damn it...I really miss the eighties to early nineties...feckin magic times...

The football was great too ...

Was getting grief from the SPL about an upload so closed my account before they closed me.

Nice to see that the rsole that is the SPL are doing all they can to stop the small people from "stealing" from them. They of course spend no time at all trying to actually get some money into Scottish Football.

Their leader is well named a donkey.

Archived