Wallace Mercer Derby

Dayman

Drewjambobusby

Aye that wis a day. Gettin past it, and probably couldnae fight sleep now, but i remember that day like yesterday. We got intimidated all day. But, the Gorgie Glorious stood still, and KNOWING a victory was inevitable enjoyed the Vermin squirming !!!! However, when the said vermin tried to attack our prized possession i.e Robbo The Gorgie Stormtroopers whizzed into action. Aye, I can still remember the kicking in St Leonards. Still made it for last orders tay the Tynie though !!!!!!

maroonlegions

Was there, beating them that day was extra sweet.The seethe emanating from their stands before the game was nothing compared to the final few minuets of the game itself.Feck knows how i got home that night.

What happened to that forum?

Was getting grief from the SPL about an upload so closed my account before they closed me.

Is it true that the polis asked us to ease off in the second half?

Maybe an urban myth but 3-0 h/t shooting downhill in the second....how we didnae double it I'll never know.

Great game. I can still see it in my mind so don't need to see it in video. Stunning victory. Defo could have been bigger score. Not sure if Police did ask them to ease off to avoid a riot. But up there as one of the best. Sorry I can't help with the tape.

maroonlegions

I up loaded this game,(highlights), not so long ago on a thread here, pity there is not a search facility.

Is it true that the polis asked us to ease off in the second half?

Maybe an urban myth but 3-0 h/t shooting downhill in the second....how we didnae double it I'll never know.

Robbo confirmed this on the BBC cup final programme.

I up loaded this game,(highlights), not so long ago on a thread here, pity there is not a search facility.

There is a search facility and it was a glorious day at fester road that day .

Was getting grief from the SPL about an upload so closed my account before they closed me.

Sorry to hear that! Some great memories amongst those clips! Thanks!

Sorry to hear that! Some great memories amongst those clips! Thanks!

A comeback may be on the cards in the not too distant future

fountainbridgehearts

I can confirm the police came in and told us to ease off in the second half as they was a real threat of a full scale pitch invasion

Doctor FinnBarr

I can confirm the police came in and told us to ease off in the second half as they was a real threat of a full scale pitch invasion

Soooo, who are you then Fountain?

:arry:

At half time we all thought that was the day we were going to put 7-0 to bed once and for all.

It was Hibs FFS. Another goal and there wouldn't have been enough of them left to invade the pie stall far less the pitch.

maroonlegions

There is a search facility and it was a glorious day at fester road that day .

Correct, saw it, now :vrface: i can not remember the name of that thread i posted the Wallace Mercer derby video in. :cornette::sob:

Correct, saw it, now :vrface: i can not remember the name of that thread i posted the Wallace Mercer derby video in. :cornette::sob:

I suspect if you'd linked to my video then even if you found the thread you couldn't view it sadly.

One of my first games.Sure we were crap that season as well.Robbos header is a beauty of a team goal.Amazing atmosphere and things got pretty heated.One of several missed chances to put 7-0 to bed in my oppinion along with rix game and cup final.

One of my first games.Sure we were crap that season as well.Robbos header is a beauty of a team goal.Amazing atmosphere and things got pretty heated.One of several missed chances to put 7-0 to bed in my oppinion along with rix game and cup final.

It could have 8 or 9 but the polis told the squad to go easy on the mutants because they didn't have enough polis if the off field seethe spilled onto the pitch.

Are you Gary Mackay because this is mentioned in his book? :thumbsup:

Sometimes wish Sir Wallace Mercer had buried them.

After 5-1 I think they do to.

Did Sandy Clark say it in his book? Anyway was still a great game and a major beating.

Not read Sandy's book but I have read on here that he mentioned it in his book too.

• 5 months later...

I was there , slap bang behind the goals.

Does anyone remember the incident where Father and Son Hobos were arrested and the son decided to cross himself in front of the Hearts end while being led away? The Father was shouting at him for being a numptie as they were being pelted with coins..........

As for the game, atmosphere etc..... what a buzz it was in those days. I know people unfortunately get caught up in any trouble unwillingly , but you really can`t beat a bit venom in the air at a football game, esp a derby.

Bump. Has anyone recently watched it online and have a link?

I've just dug out the highlights, I'll get them uploaded shortly.

Captain Price

I've just dug out the highlights, I'll get them uploaded shortly.

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

The players went off the pitch at one point as the hibs fans/casuals were fighting the police, but at no point did they ever make an attempt to get onto the pitch and have a go at us so we should've just hammered them senseless and not take the foot off the pedal.

There was a great picture in the Sunday Mail the next morning of the Hibs casual who approached Robbo being grabbed by the big Hearts fan with the white jumper on and a clenched fist, awesome.

Are you Gary Mackay because this is mentioned in his book? :thumbsup:

I'd say more likely to be Chuck

queensferryjambo

The players went off the pitch at one point as the hibs fans/casuals were fighting the police, but at no point did they ever make an attempt to get onto the pitch and have a go at us so we should've just hammered them senseless and not take the foot off the pedal.

Not my memory. I seem to remember them all trying to get on the park. The gate part of the fence being was shored up by tons of policeman and stewards and hundreds of Hibs idiots were pushing to get on the pitch the fence in that area. I am sure there was a point when the police pushed them back and cleared the gate area with truncheons drawn. The only point it calmed down in that corner was when the police joined the Hibs fans in that corner.

p0ab2 - if you need to know how to deal with copyright issues (and how to get around them) get to me on a PM. I can set out how it works on Youtube.

Your channel was the best and I was personally responsible for over 100 clicks of the Wallace Mercer derby game. I would watch it when I had the flu and wrapped up in a sleeping bag. Lemsips, paracetemol and the mercer derby - boom. Road to recovery.

Lots of hibs were trying to get on the pitch, or at least give the impression they wanted to get on the pitch. The police can count themselves lucky (hibs also for that matter) that the Hearts support that day was content to just take the piss. If we had decided to get on the pitch and take it to hibs, it would have happened. What an atmosphere though, pure hatred.

Up there as one of the most enjoyable days at that s h I t t I p

Anyone got a link to view it online? It was up before on youtube but i can't seem to find it!

Thanks

I'd be really grateful for some stories of what happened after the game, as Hearts fans made their way back to the promised land.

I wasn't allowed to go but my Dad and brother were there in force. They said the atmosphere was mental.

Archived