• Beats

• The Great Khali

• weststand93

• :shitwine:

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stuart McNeill
I'm raging. What are they thinking about :facepalm:

As I mentioned previously, definitely wasn't worth staying up for.

They were good matches but the whole PPV was booked wrong except the main event only because of unification.

Also just read there discontinuing the WHC.

The Great Khali

Joke of a ppv if I'm honest.

Good showings from the Wyatt's and Miz (who looked strong in defeat) but the rest can all **** off.

Stuart McNeill

Joke of a ppv if I'm honest.

Good showings from the Wyatt's and Miz (who looked strong in defeat) but the rest can all **** off.

im glad I wasn't the only one.

As I said the matches were good but who was fighting who was a joke tbh.

Right lads after a bit of arguing in that other thread ******* calm down.

Khali v Benoit. Would would win? Forget technical ability in a cage match I mean.

I'd say Benoit to sneak it but it wouldn't surprise me if the Big Man pulled it off!

I've just noticed your picture.... You sick ###### :rofl:

Nothing says Christmas quite like a crossface on Santa. Won't be putting me on the naughty list again!

Nothing says Christmas quite like a crossface on Santa. Won't be putting me on the naughty list again!

We need the video of you putting the wife and bairn in the crossface.

The Great Khali

Listen Chris, I'm not going to be dragged into a war of words with you. I lost it a bit in the Santa thread but I'm not going to let you get into my head again.

You need grow up. You've got a family FFS.

The Great Khali

To answer your question beats it would be a classic IMO.

Both have tremendous history and are technically sound. Either one could sneak it but I'm going to be bias and say myself.

Khali via pinfall.

I'm a fan of Macho Man Randy Savage (RIP) :sob: personally, but I reckon Benoit would take him out due to his sheer will to win and evilness.

Rowdy Roddie Piper at this end. Always liked The Ultimate Warrior as well.

Then The Undertaker then came along and I became deeply disillusioned with it.

Edited by Gigolo-Aunt

What does he so after pusgi

People underestimating the ruthlessness of The Great Khali I see :vrface:

bklsh2k9khalibeth.gif

I'm interested to know what he done right after that.

The Great Khali

What does he so after pusgi

I'm interested to know what he done right after that.

Let's just say it got a bit... "X rated"

rr2k10beththegiantkisse.gif

GA stop editing the post from The Warrior to Hogan. I had something really witty to say and now I've forgotten :(

I've some info about the Rumble. Not hugely exciting, just about possible stars from years gone by entering. Who wants one?

The rumble is one of few wrestling events i enjoy beats so id quite like to hear the inside scoop.

I dont think you can trust me though :(

That was a bit silly. No PM for you then.

GA stop editing the post from The Warrior to Hogan. I had something really witty to say and now I've forgotten :(

I've some info about the Rumble. Not hugely exciting, just about possible stars from years gone by entering. Who wants one?

Sorry Beats. Could not be bothered with Hulk Hogan - **** knows why I was going to say I liked him - suppose thats the power of the Hulk.

Million Dollar Man was also great.

The Bird Man Coco Beware used to just prance around.

Sorry Beats. Could not be bothered with Hulk Hogan - **** knows why I was going to say I liked him - suppose thats the power of the Hulk.

Million Dollar Man was also great.

The Bird Man Coco Beware used to just prance around.

Bit harsh on Coco mate. He was one of the finest wrestlers of his era, sadly a lot of racist pricks used to go back then and Vince turned him into a whipping boy :(

I was hoping my swerve on Khali in the JKB awards would lead to this. Similar to Hogan v Andre :sob:

Khali is ruthless as well - and he's a killer too (look it up) :omg!:

The Great Khali

I was hoping my swerve on Khali in the JKB awards would lead to this. Similar to Hogan v Andre :sob:

Khali is ruthless as well - and he's a killer too (look it up) :omg!:

People seem to forget that fact mate. Tried to cover it up as an accident but we all know that wasn't true.

People seem to forget that fact mate. Tried to cover it up as an accident but we all know that wasn't true.

He was the last person who truly messed with Khali.

(Soz about the award change, mate)

Shaun Michaels to return to fight CM Punk at WM then he'll never be back..

I was reading they are trying to get Shaun Michaels to fight Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania. :-)

Stuart McNeill

I was reading they are trying to get Shaun Michaels to fight Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania. :-)

the only reason I thought that was because of the face off they had on RAW.

Also, it seems Daniel Bryan is trying to get back into the WWE World Heavyweight Champion scene again with what also happened on RAW.

Hopefully WWE will become more interesting from October 2014

"If USA Network wants to retain its biggest hit, ?Monday Night Raw,? it?s gonna have to pay.

Next month, for the first time, WWE will shop the rights to ?Raw? and all of its shows at the same time ? a list of weekly series that includes Syfy?s ?Friday Night SmackDown,? ?Main Event? on ION Television, the CW?s ?Saturday Morning Slam? and reality show ?Total Divas? on E!

The goal is to significantly increase the $139.5 million in TV licensing fees WWE earns each year for its shows, and attempt to get closer to the rich network deals that sports organizations like the NBA, NHL NASCAR, as well as soccer command.

In the past, deals for WWE?s series were brokered individually on a staggered timeline, usually every three to four years or so. But WWE has spent nearly two years quietly lining up rights to expire simultaneously in an effort to secure higher fees and appease shareholders who have grown increasingly frustrated that the company?s TV deals are not worth more at a time when live ?event? programming is more valuable than ever.

By offering up all its shows at once, ?We?re letting the marketplace determine if it?s interested in all or pieces,? says Michelle Wilson, WWE?s chief revenue and marketing officer. The company also is tackling a self-inflicted perception problem. For years, it?s touted its over-the-top characters and soap opera storylines ahead of the live aspect of the year-round action in the ring.

?We?ve had to evolve our thinking,? Wilson says. ?We are clearly entertainment-based, but if you think about the characteristics of our brand, it?s live action, and that?s sports. We want to be compensated for a live audience, since live content is getting a very significant premium in the marketplace.?

The company cites Nascar?s impressive dealmaking this summer as an example. The racing league secured a new 10-year deal with NBC and Fox worth $820 million a year. And that increase came in the face of declining ratings for many of its races. WWE argues that ?Raw? and ?SmackDown? alone are just as attractive, with a rabid fanbase that?s helped build networks, and its series are diverse in ethnicity and age.

Combined, the shows air 156 episodes a year that average a 2.2 household rating. Nascar airs 154 races and averages a 1.38 household rating among viewers, who are 92% white and over 50. WWE?s audience is far more diverse and broken out fairly evenly among age groups. A selling point is that 44% of them are under 34.

That?s helped boost gross ratings points, something Madison Avenue keeps a close eye on. Another plus for WWE: 90% of ?Raw?s? and ?SmackDown?s? viewers watch the shows live or within the next day, making the shows DVR proof. (Think NBC?s latest stunt with ?The Sound of Music?.)

?The value of live content has gone from becoming important to essential,? says George Barrios, WWE?s chief strategy and financial officer. ?As a network, if you don?t have live must-see content your existence comes into question.?

To make its show more attractive, WWE is considering a live version of its two-hour ?SmackDown,? which currently is taped on Tuesday before its Friday airing. To do that, costs to produce the series would increase, due to scheduling, and the show would likely need to move to a new night. But WWE would be willing to make the switch in return for a better fee for the series.

WWE added a third hour to ?Raw? last year (starting with its 1,000th episode) in an effort to expand storylines, increase exposure for its stars, but also enable USA to generate more advertising revenue after three-hour specials performed well.

The Stamford, Conn.-based company ideally would like to partner with a conglomerate that owns a variety of channels the way NBCU currently airs many of WWE?s shows. Along with ?Raw,? ?SmackDown? and ?Total Divas,? specials like ?Tribute to the Troops? and a shortened version of its annual ?WrestleMania? pay-per-view also air on NBC. WWE already has reached out to or held meetings with the expected list of players who own a variety of channels hungry for programming, including A&E, Disney, Viacom, 21st Century Fox and Discovery.

Negotiations and bids can?t take place until Feb. 15, when NBCU accepts or rejects WWE?s final offer; other bids are due Feb. 28, with WWE set to select its media partners by March 4. Should a new deal with another conglom happen, WWE?s shows wouldn?t move to a new network until October.

Yet even as WWE makes the rounds of media congloms, industry insiders say they believe there is no way that NBCUniversal will loosen its grip on WWE. ?Monday Night Raw? is a huge contributor to USA?s bottom line and weekly ratings stats; without ?Raw? on its schedule, USA Network would drop from first place to as low as No. 4 among basic entertainment networks, costing the company premium advertising dollars. Syfy would also lose a sizable audience without ?SmackDown,? which has raised viewership by 35% for the network. ?Divas? is a hit for E! but has perhaps has benefitted WWE more, given that it?s helped the company attract more women, which currently make up around 35% of its audience.

The third hour of ?Raw? is up 44% vs. programming that aired in the timeslot last year. ?Saturday Morning Slam? is up 34% for the CW, ?Main Event? is up 25% for ION and ?Divas? has boosted ratings 166% for E!

WWE?s pay-per-views, including annual juggernauts ?WrestleMania? and ?SummerSlam? won?t be part of the negotiations, since those will air on the company?s new subscription-based WWE Network, which will also include original series and access to the company?s VOD library. Launch plans for the channel, which WWE sees as its own NFL Network, have yet to be revealed. However, WWE maintains that it could break even on the venture if it can sign up 800,000 to 1 million subscribers willing to pay around $10 to $14 per month.

Digital next-day rights to shows would also become part of any new licensing deal with a TV network, costing Hulu Plus the programming it currently airs. In the past, TV Everywhere wasn?t a hot topic for networks when WWE inked its current network deals.

?Partners who pay licensing fees are now expecting to get the TV Everywhere distribution rights,? Barrios says.

As it tries to land a better deal, WWE is ready to flex some of its marketing muscle, eager to show off how it?s been able to attract more high-profile advertisers to sponsor its PPVs and tie-in with its wrestlers, known as Superstars. Those now include General Motors, Ford Motor Co., Disney, Doritos, DreamWorks, Paramount, Kmart, Subway, Taco Bell, Colgate, Frito-Lay, Schick and Mattel ? attractive to any network, since the channels are the entities that sell and earn the ad dollars. WWE controls PPV sponsorships, digital ad sales and talent appearances.

Other revenue streams also must be taken into consideration. WWE?s social media teams also connect with millions of fans daily, while its magazine, websites, toy lines, YouTube channel (for which it produces 10 to 12 hours of original programming a year) and videogames are popular ? and ratings rise for shows that feature WWE?s talent roster, including John Cena (see above), as guest stars.

?WWE is a proven ratings juggernaut, making USA Network No. 1 for the past eight years and delivering more average viewers than every sports property, with the exception of the NFL,? said WWE chairman and CEO Vince McMahon in a statement to Variety. ?Given the increasing demand for live, DVR-proof content, we believe the market will value our programming significantly above where we?ve been in the past.?

Adds Wilson of the upcoming negotiations: ?This is new territory we?re in. All of the things we?ve done over the last five years have helped raise the profile of our brand and there?s recognition from the marketplace of what we deliver. Now it?s up to the marketplace to tell us if we?re worth it.?

Stuart McNeill

Yeah just read it as well.

- Regarding Shawn Michaels coming out of retirement for one more match, it's said the ball is in his court. WWE wants him to return for a singles match at WrestleMania XXX.

There is no talk of doing HBK vs. CM Punk and no talk of a potential tag match with HBK and Triple H vs. Punk and Daniel Bryan. If Shawn agrees to come out of retirement, WWE wants it to be for only one match and that match would be against Bryan. The segment with HBK and Punk on Monday's RAW was done so they could save the Punk-HHH confrontation.

Whether or not Shawn decides to return to the ring, expect to see a lot more of him on WWE TV going into WrestleMania XXX.

• 3 weeks later...

Jake the Snake!

He was looking good.

Dean Ambrose trying not to smile was hilarious. :-)

Jakes recovery all thanks to DDP taking care of him as well as Scott Hall.

DDP has done great things for 2 of the biggest car crash wrestlers of recent times.

Hopefully Hall and Roberts keep their life on track.

Hall's laddie is wrestling and has the right physical make up to be a potential WWE performer.

Old School Raw - superb.

I'm intrigued by how things will pan out with the Wyatt family - with their gimmick they have potential to be big stars for years to come.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-officially-announces-the-launch-of-wwe-network-26175014

WWE is proud to formally announce the launch of WWE Network, the most innovative entrainment network in history. WWE Network will be the first network ever to launch a premium 24/7 streaming service with original programming, live content, and on-demand library that the WWE Unvierse can access everywhere.

So they're going completely private by the sounds of it, if you want wrestling then $.9.99 p/m. All Live PPV's, All WCW, ECW and WWE Pay per views and old shows from the past.

Sounds like an amazing service for the dedicated fans, but as a casual fan would you commit to it?

Is this going to be a rise for TNA aswell?