Where's Wally?

Vlad-Stupid

I thought the "let's start a separate thread about this" comment was a joke. Clearly not. Good grief...

:unsure:

A futile attempt to save the awards thread :(

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

^^^^

Beats seething that he can't influence major life-changing decisions through his posts

:verysmug:

Awards thread closed and for a third straight year I don't get my nominations up? You assholes. :dry:

Sterling Archer

Awards thread closed and for a third straight year I don't get my nominations up? You assholes. :dry:

Pm?

^^^^

Beats seething that he can't influence major life-changing decisions through his posts

:verysmug:

Actually you have form here AP. Due to you I'll never be back to Torquay for a glass bottom boat ride :(

Calling the mods assholes won't get your nominations on the board :shark:

In the strange world which I undoubtedly inhabit, even posts on an internet messageboard can have an impact. AP spent much of the World Cup chastising my "creepy, weird" obsession with a place I'd never even been to; and wise old Uly even chimed in after the semi-final against Holland with a post which really made me think. And think. And think some more.

How much impact did both have? 5-10% tops - but it did have an impact.

You moved to South America because of a throwaway comment on a football messageboard? I'm not buying that.

P.s, I'm not doubting your in South America.

******* hell

Hang on a mo. What is "******* hell" about that?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Online forums are social communities - and you treat this place as a social community just as much as anyone else does. Social communities feature banter and wind-ups - but they also feature serious discussion amongst people with, usually, at least something in common. Friendships are made via online communities too; and I know in my case, there's a whole bunch of folk whose views I respect just as much online as I would anywhere else.

Why there's this desperate rush to dismiss online forums as completely meaningless in every way (usually by folk who spend a huge amount of their time on online forums: go figure), I've never fully understood. In your life, Beats, I've no doubt people will have said things which made you think about your life and look at yourself. That's happened to me both here and, much more, away from here - but that didn't make what was said online any less significant.

In the strange world which I undoubtedly inhabit, even posts on an internet messageboard can have an impact. AP spent much of the World Cup chastising my "creepy, weird" obsession with a place I'd never even been to; and wise old Uly even chimed in after the semi-final against Holland with a post which really made me think. And think. And think some more.

How much impact did both have? 5-10% tops - but it did have an impact.

Seriously? **** me

You moved to South America because of a throwaway comment on a football messageboard? I'm not buying that.

P.s, I'm not doubting your in South America.

5-10%, as I said.

Actually you have form here AP. Due to you I'll never be back to Torquay for a glass bottom boat ride :(

Cannae beat a glass bottom boat ride in Torquay, mate. :rofl:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Online forums are social communities - and you treat this place as a social community just as much as anyone else does. Social communities feature banter and wind-ups - but they also feature serious discussion amongst people with, usually, at least something in common. Friendships are made via online communities too; and I know in my case, there's a whole bunch of folk whose views I respect just as much online as I would anywhere else.

Why there's this desperate rush to dismiss online forums as completely meaningless in every way (usually by folk who spend a huge amount of their time on online forums: go figure), I've never fully understood. In your life, Beats, I've no doubt people will have said things which made you think about your life and look at yourself. That's happened to me both here and, much more, away from here - but that didn't make what was said online any less significant.

You are trying to say people on here have influenced you to take a life changing decision. Behave yourself for christ sake.

You're wasting your time giving beats psychological food for thought. He's probably wrecked.

Guys, just accept that I am kind of a big deal around here. I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany. I have no doubt influenced thousands who read these forums.

Just think of me as an online Jesus.

Jesus%20using%20laptop.jpg

You are trying to say people on here have influenced you to take a life changing decision. Behave yourself for christ sake.

I'm saying people on here influenced me to a 5-10% extent. What they said was enough to set the ball rolling; what other friends said had a larger impact; I did the rest myself.

I'm sorry we can't all act macho and tough like you, Beats. My openness is part of who I am, as I think just about everyone fully appreciates by now.

Guys, just accept that I am kind of a big deal around here. I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany. I have no doubt influenced thousands who read these forums.

Just think of me as an online Jesus.

Jesus%20using%20laptop.jpg

:rofl:

What's this?

Nowt.

What about nights? :smuggy:

6 days and nights then :smuggy:

Resisted the temptation to have any tonight and picking the wife up from her night out Tomorrow. ******* hero.

Nowt.

6 days and nights then :smuggy:

Resisted the temptation to have any tonight and picking the wife up from her night out Tomorrow. ******* hero.

You've changed :(

No, she's not the reason I'm in Uruguay.

I made the decision to move here in Summer 2010. Believe it or not, both Ulysses and Alan Partridge had something small to do with it (redm and the former Kickbacker Heaven98 had fractionally more to do with it) - but it was massively more a case of knowing that I hadn't travelled as much as I should have done, being fascinated from afar by Uruguayan football and Uruguay itself for over two decades, and of course, wanting to write a book about football here.

So I took an English teaching course, saved up, and left the UK in January: arriving here at the start of Feb via visiting her in NYC: just as I'd spent Xmas with her there the year beforehand. Nowadays, there's nothing that unusual about long distance relationships, or of people finding each other via the internet: but what was extraordinary was how well we actually got on in person, on all levels. She's a dear, sweet person, and while it may not ultimately have worked out, I wish her well, and we're still in touch as friends anyway.

friend-zone.jpg

What's this?

Beats was wrecked (not the story) on a glass bottom boat ride in Torquay and shat on the glass.

I'm saying people on here influenced me to a 5-10% extent. What they said was enough to set the ball rolling; what other friends said had a larger impact; I did the rest myself.

I'm sorry we can't all act macho and tough like you, Beats. My openness is part of who I am, as I think just about everyone fully appreciates by now.

How am I acting Macho and tough? I find that weird that Uly and Jesus have influenced you to move to another country.

Beats was wrecked (not the story) on a glass bottom boat ride in Torquay and shat on the glass.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For real? :lol:

:lol:

Sterling Archer

:rofl:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

This is not going to end well....

I fear for the students in the vicinity of Monty's Video Store.

:rofl: I really hope that's true

Gavsy Van Gaverson

:lol:

Archived