Hearts needs our supporters more than ever.

Guest JamboRobbo

Guest JamboRobbo

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1299929,00.html

Hearts needs our supporters more than ever. Next season is one of the most important in the club's history. We hope that a lot of people will play their part in the most important way - buy buying season tickets.

If HMFC want to encourage people to buy or renew STs, all they need to do is the one simple thing which they promised to do on Jan 1st.

Give us something to believe in then. Give us an experienced manager and allow him to manage.

Leave the marketing bull**** for those who lack the intelligence to see through it (i.e. rangers, celtic and hibs fans).

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1299929,00.html

If HMFC want to encourage people to buy or renew STs, all they need to do is the one simple thing which they promised to do on Jan 1st.

Give us something to believe in then. Give us an experienced manager and allow him to manage.

Leave the marketing bull**** for those who lack the intelligence to see through it (i.e. rangers, celtic and hibs fans).

At the very least they could just be honest to the fans. Tell us now that Frail was always going to get the job, and that no HMFC 'manager' will ever have full autonomy.

The Old Tolbooth

Exactly JR, it wont take much to get most of us to renew, all we're asking is he sticks to his OWN promise! :sad:

peebles jambo

new manger, new season ticket, quite easy really

no manager, no season ticket, i'm sick of all thier bull**it

You won't get one of them,Rodders has already stated at the AGM that Daddy will still have some kind off input in the first team,IMO he has never stopped.

boabyarsebiscuit

Anybody have renewal numbers?

I 've still to renew - looks like Saturday if I can manage to drag myself along to the TO. Which I really ought to.

new manger, new season ticket, quite easy really

no manager, no season ticket, i'm sick of all thier bull**it

I couldn't care less if they appointed "the special one" am no gawn back untill this arse is away(or should I say,not buying a ST).

"the most important way - buy buying season tickets"

That a typo, or some subliminal, hypnotic language, message?

Dicks.

Sorry ... just one more thing.

You sure that is next season's message ... not the season before, or the season before that ? !

"Hearts needs our supporters more than ever. Next season is one of the most important in the club's history. We hope that a lot of people will play their part in the most important way - buy buying season tickets."

It would be nice if they could elaborate exactly why this comming season is more important than last season.

I would have preffered them to be concentrating on building on our success of 2005/06 rather than dismantling a league challenging and cup wining team and sending us into the champ league like fish out of water! with the great mallowfeev/valdas having prepared us for something they did not have a clue about!

They want to do it all from scratch again....well I really do not thinkso, they had a good thing in 2005 which was destroyed by 01.01.2006 by signing all the dead weight and increasing the wage bill to astronomical levels, we will never have that kind of team ethic again under Vlad, he has made sure of that!

GFT ya waster! prove your self by appointing a manager?

Anybody have renewal numbers?

I 've still to renew - looks like Saturday if I can manage to drag myself along to the TO. Which I really ought to.

I know that if you pay for more than one ST, then the amounts can really add up but if you can afford it Boaby, then try and hold off until the last renewal date at the end of May.

Guest JamboRobbo
It would be nice if they could elaborate exactly why this comming season is more important than last season.

Correct.

But I'll tell you why they think next years is more important. Cause they know fine well how badly they ****ed up the last two years and what an opportunity they missed.

At the very least they could just be honest to the fans. Tell us now that Frail was always going to get the job, and that no HMFC 'manager' will ever have full autonomy.

See if he done that m8, he would get more support in a sense because the fans will not feel cheated as such! expectations would not be as high and suppoerters would renew based on wether we agreed to support the team whilst it was run this way or not! a lot of folk would stay away and a lot would still attend.... Vlad wants it both ways though! he wants to lie and try and keep us all on board whilst he has his way!

muppet man....thats what he is!

Correct.

But I'll tell you why they think next years is more important. Cause they know fine well how badly they ****ed up the last two years and what an opportunity they missed.

Your right, but there is no way we can go back to where we were under burley! the wage structure will be heavily reduced and we will not get a manager in the way we would like too. we will get another yes man if we are lucky or frail will get the gig! either way, we get another yes man!

We will hold our own next year and experienece defeats that we shouldnt and the odd win when we did not expect it! another up and down season imo! consistency will be the downfall of HMFC untill interference stops!

As a non ST holder that lives down south i haven't commented on the renew or not to renew debate.But i must agree with your statement above.

colinmaroon
Correct.

We only need to look at the level of Celtic and Rangers to know IF Burley had been allowed to go on (and if he hadn't gone off on his own bat to "higher" things if we did have such success), and with say at least one season's CL money - because we would have been in with a very good shout of at least being in the top two - ???

But we are where we are, and next season is the most important because of where we are right now!!!

No guarantees with a manager, of course, and if/when we do get one . . . please, please - don't set Burley up as the yardstick!!!

have stopped reading the official website

but yes, I keep reading / hearing about this marketing campaign which claims that next season is an historic one.

what complete empty rhetoric.

grandiose statement without any facts to back it up

Your right, but there is no way we can go back to where we were under burley! the wage structure will be heavily reduced and we will not get a manager in the way we would like too. we will get another yes man if we are lucky or frail will get the gig! either way, we get another yes man!

We will hold our own next year and experienece defeats that we shouldnt and the odd win when we did not expect it! another up and down season imo! consistency will be the downfall of HMFC untill interference stops!

Why not,GB didn't over spend,he didn't sign players on silly money infact he tried to stop players getting rediculous contracts,ie Tall.

It's the cast off millions we have that is draining the money from us faster than Rodders can make an arse of himself.

IMO we will never get a decent manager with full controle,the first sign af any player humming and hawing at a contact and their out,history proves this time and time again.

VR cannot let go and would rather fail trying that be proved wrong or admit he is wrong.

Even his Jan 1st release he still ripped into "all the previous" managers for the state we are in,instead of just coming clean and say"listen guy's I've made a bit of a mess off this".

VR and his muppets are still running this club down to the gutter, he just now realises he needs your money not support,money.

But we are where we are, and next season is the most important because of where we are right now!!!

We are where we are because of one mans pig-headed interference

You cant create a meltdown and then because of this meltdown say that next season is really important - before you have done anything to reverse the cause of the meltdown - get behind us

Why not,GB didn't over spend,he didn't sign players on silly money infact he tried to stop players getting rediculous contracts,ie Tall.

It's the cast off millions we have that is draining the money from us faster than Rodders can make an arse of himself.

Its funny - more and more people that still support Romanov are re-writing history

Its like saying that the level of intereference with the team by the owner at Hearts is normal and usual at other clubs and then not giving any examples to back it up

Guest JamboRobbo

No guarantees with a manager, of course, and if/when we do get one . . . please, please - don't set Burley up as the yardstick!!!

Another Burley type would be a dream.

But right now, just a step up from what we have had for the past 2.5 years - utter incompetence and disorganisation at all levels from owner interference to clueless puppet head coaches and right down to fitness trainers, doctors, physios, and lieing PR men - would at least allow us to start building something for supporters to be proud of again - based on honesty, hard work and integrity.

Give us something to get all supporters pulling in the same direction, rather than arguing over whether we should defend the indefensible cause it's our team, or criticise it cause we can all see right through the bull**** we're being fed.

Buffalo Bill

We don't need a ?10M wage structure.

A ?5M strucure would be fine if we had:

A. A small squad of quality, hard working players.

B. A manager, to mange them.

Right now, we have neither. I love Hearts, but the club need to deliver on this. Loyalty is a two-way street for this one.

Buffalo Bill

I'm definitely in the wait and see what happens camp.

Why should I rush to pay them a wedge when they've given nothing but empty promises for the last 2 1/2 years?

Guest JamboRobbo

Right now, we have neither. I love Hearts, but the club need to deliver on this. Loyalty is a two-way street for this one.

Buffalo Bill

Sounds like we're on the same wavelength BB. :food-smiley-004:

Drylaw Hearts

B. A manager, to manage them.

Buffalo Bill

Spot on.

So simple yet VR has found a way of making it very, very complicated.

colinmaroon

Inconsistency was our downfall for the 1st half of the last century, and from the 60's on!!! It's not exclusively a Vlad thing!!!

The point is, I'm concerned that we're looking at this with too narrow a perspective!

The answer is not to stop Vlad interfering, because as long as he's at the club, unless we win everything in sight, every time there's a hiccup, it will be put down to Vlad "interfering"!!!

I think Vlad has the right to make decisions like dropping Basso for 'contractural' reasons - where he was right out of his scooby doo was the rotation/pre-planned/remote team control!!!

I will settle for a manager who is allowed to pick his team and play it as he sees fit. The relationship between manager and Vlad should be like that of any 'company' with autonomous divisions.

He controls overall policy and the manager and CO control the day-to-day running with the proviso that they are accountable and have to explain their decisions when required.

Buffalo Bill

I know a few players that deserve the mange.

colinmaroon
We are where we are because of one mans pig-headed interference

You cant create a meltdown and then because of this meltdown say that next season is really important - before you have done anything to reverse the cause of the meltdown - get behind us

Don't understand that last part!!!

FACT - whatever the circumstances/pig-headedness of VR - next season is absolutely vital!!!

If we can find an alternative to VR who can take this club forward, I'm behind all those who agree!!!

I'm behind the call for a manager - and for him to be allowed to manage the team!

I'm more than concerned that, if you shoot the ****** pilot, with no one else to fly the plane, we'll fireball into the mountainside.

Guest JamboRobbo

FACT - whatever the circumstances/pig-headedness of VR - next season is absolutely vital!!!

Exactly what I was saying 2 years ago. Lets hope they have finally learned lessons from the last two failed years.

I will settle for a manager who is allowed to pick his team and play it as he sees fit.

All we have needed for the last three seasons is exactly that but Vlad won't and still won't it seems, let us have one.

There is no reason to think that he will suddenly allow us to have one next season either as it evidently doesn't fit into his plans (whatever they are) we have to get rid of this idea that Vlad is somehow just incompetent and will get it right next time, Vlad isn't stupid or incompetent he will be able to see as well as anyone that his actions are f*****g up the club but he won't let them be fixed.

Inconsistency was our downfall for the 1st half of the last century, and from the 60's on!!! It's not exclusively a Vlad thing!!!

The point is, I'm concerned that we're looking at this with too narrow a perspective!

The answer is not to stop Vlad interfering, because as long as he's at the club, unless we win everything in sight, every time there's a hiccup, it will be put down to Vlad "interfering"!!!

I think Vlad has the right to make decisions like dropping Basso for 'contractural' reasons - where he was right out of his scooby doo was the rotation/pre-planned/remote team control!!!

I will settle for a manager who is allowed to pick his team and play it as he sees fit. The relationship between manager and Vlad should be like that of any 'company' with autonomous divisions.

He controls overall policy and the manager and CO control the day-to-day running with the proviso that they are accountable and have to explain their decisions when required.

I think it is more serious as a "hiccup" we are toiling big time on all fronts,First team,reserves,U19s, none of them doing to well are they.

We are in deep shet and Vlad knows it,he wants your money NOW,he has fecked up and needs the supporters to bail him out.

As for the inconsistency,we as a team have never been this inconsistent from one week to the other,FFS at one point you didn't even know who would be in goals never mind any other position.

This is Vlads fault,no one can say any other way.

Thats exactly what I meant with regards to interference! a manager who picks the team himself. anything outwith that is cool aslong as the buying of players is agreed together and not duds lined up by Vlad!

IMO we will never get a decent manager with full controle,the first sign af any player humming and hawing at a contact and their out,history proves this time and time again.

VR cannot let go and would rather fail trying that be proved wrong or admit he is wrong.

Even his Jan 1st release he still ripped into "all the previous" managers for the state we are in,instead of just coming clean and say"listen guy's I've made a bit of a mess off this".

VR and his muppets are still running this club down to the gutter, he just now realises he needs your money not support,money.

That was my point m8, Vlad would not allow a burley type! he wants someone who he can cantrol and dictate too. Anyone with a mind of their own on how things should be run with regards to football will be bulleted!

colinmaroon
I think it is more serious as a "hiccup" we are toiling big time on all fronts,First team,reserves,U19s, none of them doing to well are they.

We are in deep shet and Vlad knows it,he wants your money NOW,he has fecked up and needs the supporters to bail him out.

As for the inconsistency,we as a team have never been this inconsistent from one week to the other,FFS at one point you didn't even know who would be in goals never mind any other position.

This is Vlads fault,no one can say any other way.

The "hiccup" was future oriented - I agree that what has gone on in the past was way more serious than that!

My point was, especially here on JKB, in the future, any minor setback will be jumped on and "Vlad interference" will be screamed from the roof-tops at every opportunity - especially by the resident/clandestine hobos!!!

As a PR stunt, the talk of next season's importance is of absolutely no consequence to me. Marketing are trying to sell season tickets and, honestly, what would you expect them to say?

As a FACT - next season is vital!!!

Guest JamboRobbo
The "hiccup" was future oriented - I agree that what has gone on in the past was way more serious than that!

My point was, especially here on JKB, in the future, any minor setback will be jumped on and "Vlad interference" will be screamed from the roof-tops at every opportunity - especially by the resident/clandestine hobos!!!

If he wants to regain trust on the interference issue, it'll take a lot of time, plenty reassurance, and a huge dose of honesty. We've been lied to so often on the "interference" subject it's impossible to believe a word they say now.

As a FACT - Vlad made his own bed on that front........

That was my point m8, Vlad would not allow a burley type! he wants someone who he can cantrol and dictate too. Anyone with a mind of their own on how things should be run with regards to football will be bulleted!

Ahh I see,one way Vlad seems to get round this "don't play him" thing and still have the backing of some fans is to do the "not signing a new contract" lark,see's players he doesn't want to play for Hearts anymore offers them a feeble contract when they still have 18 months or so of their contract left to run knowing full well they will reject it an then gets one off his muppets to run a story and hey presto player banished and the fans hate him.

portobellojambo1
The Sales are low.

Very low.

I can sense the panic.

Think you may be understating it.

As a PR stunt, the talk of next season's importance is of absolutely no consequence to me. Marketing are trying to sell season tickets and, honestly, what would you expect them to say?

As a FACT - next season is vital!!!

Fact is though a year back people were still in denial that Vlad had as much interference in the team and all these stories about fax machines and sub's being pre planed turned out to be true.

I cannot see him changing this at all,he may back off a wee tad but IMO he will still try and have his way.

For that and a few other reasons"I'm out",no cash up front from me,if it has taken him this long to realise what an ass he has made of it, whats going on in his head ,because a blind man could see he was going in the wrong direction after the GB thing.

As I have said they are in deep doodoo and need us to pull them out of the grubber,feck him,let him fester in the pile of shet he has made.

Don't understand that last part!!!

If we can find an alternative to VR who can take this club forward, I'm behind all those who agree!!!

I'm behind the call for a manager - and for him to be allowed to manage the team!

I'm more than concerned that, if you shoot the ****** pilot, with no one else to fly the plane, we'll fireball into the mountainside.

I get the notion of what you are saying but THE most vital season of Romanovs involvement with us was the one we had the chance to get into the Champs League

That season was a disaster.

Then, this season was vital because we hadnt qualified for Europe last season and to justify the money being spent on wages THIS season was vital because we had to qualify for Europe to keep things on track.

Now as I see it we are nothing more than a mid table SPL team who are cost cutting to the extent of relying upon youth. This appears to have been "confessed" to by our master - there are certainly no claims of title challenges or european runs anymore

To this end next season is not vital at all

A cheap team with predominantly youth players, and inexperienced coach will rightly be a mediocre mid table SPL team

We've found our level

There is nothing vital about next season at all.

colinmaroon
I get the notion of what you are saying but THE most vital season of Romanovs involvement with us was the one we had the chance to get into the Champs League

That season was a disaster.

Then, this season was vital because we hadnt qualified for Europe last season and to justify the money being spent on wages THIS season was vital because we had to qualify for Europe to keep things on track.

Now as I see it we are nothing more than a mid table SPL team who are cost cutting to the extent of relying upon youth. This appears to have been "confessed" to by our master - there are certainly no claims of title challenges or european runs anymore

To this end next season is not vital at all

A cheap team with predominantly youth players, and inexperienced coach will rightly be a mediocre mid table SPL team

We've found our level

There is nothing vital about next season at all.

You're absolutely right to say these seasons were vital - and a***d up!!! But what is in the past is in the past!!!

Next season is vital!!!

If you think we've found our level, then I strongly disagree with you!!! We are where we deserve to be with all that's gone before!!!

But I for one will never accept this as "our" level, just as I didn't accept it the year we just avoided relegation under the Judge; just as I didn't accept it in the 70's!!!

If we're to even make a start to getting back to my belief in what is "our" level, then next season is vital!!!

portobellojambo1

I agree to an extent with what colinmaroon says. There is potential that if (I will use if rather than when) a new manager comes in and the team has a hiccup the chances are that interference from above will be considered as one of the reasons for it.

In saying that I do not think Hearts fans are so naive as to assume that if a quality manager is put in place we will then win football matches good forward ad infinitum. I think we are all sensible enough to know there are games we will lose. The problem over the last 2.5 seasons has been the manner in which, and the reasons for games being lost, and that was mainly down to intereference in one way or another.

Losing games because the opposition is better than us is acceptable, hard to take on the day but acceptable, losing games because we have totally fecked up before the game even starts is totally unacceptable, and this is what has to be conveyed to the owner.

Charlie-Brown

The only realistic way to offset the financial impact of a reduction in season ticket sales is by selling players and further reducing the wage bill - this is not spin this is the reality of the situation - season ticket renewals are probably very low currently although we still have almost a month of the season left plus all of the close season & summer for people to re-new - I suspect todays message & the very early sale of ST's this year is to boost cashflow / try to avoid cashflow problems & issues - Sergey Fedotovas did comment last week on the Jan 1st statement although understandably some people want concrete action before deciding to renew.

Guest JamboRobbo
If we're to even make a start to getting back to my belief in what is "our" level, then a manager who is allowed to manage is vital!!!

Agreed. ;)

You're absolutely right to say these seasons were vital - and a***d up!!! But what is in the past is in the past!!!

Next season is vital!!!

If you think we've found our level, then I strongly disagree with you!!! We are where we deserve to be with all that's gone before!!!

But I for one will never accept this as "our" level, just as I didn't accept it the year we just avoided relegation under the Judge; just as I didn't accept it in the 70's!!!

If we're to even make a start to getting back to my belief in what is "our" level, then next season is vital!!!

All it will take is one man to lead by example!! and the rest will follow! if vlad can show us the way forward (by a proper appointment of a manager) then Crowds will return! We want a leader not a flyby!

Next season is vital!!!

Spot on mate

But not for the reasons we are being sold. Not for whatever reason our marketing guys are trying to invent.

Not particularly for footballing reasons either

Next season is vital for Romanov.

It is vital that we become a proper sensibly run club next year, led by an automonous manager, supported by a committed owner

Some season tickets sales pitch is irrelevant in that respect

Archived